Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Free For All!!

Go down 
+16
SilverySil
FireKiller87
IronFist
Valkyrie
Midona
Courius
boytitan2
Rinrin
Aria
Z741
rei_hunter
(´・ω・`)
Getab
ziix
Senhime
Spellcard
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spellcard
Newcomer
Newcomer
Spellcard

Female Posts : 12

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 3:27 am

A thought of Free For All. It'll be a mode in Cosmic Break. No teams and no teamwork! Just you and yourself!

I started thinking about having a free for all room. Just a complete thought. No teams everyone goes all out.

How will it end?
10~15min timer, get as much frags as you can. Or...first to 50 or 100..one or the other.

Free for all rooms won't be affect your Br, Win/Loss Ratio, add points to union, or add any stats to anything.

What will it give then?
Only exp, items and parts, almost like a normal room!

Will the normal maps be used for free for all rooms?
I would think some maps, mostly the quest maps, due to the fact that Questing maps are not made for team matching. Most arena maps are made for teams and such.

Why the reason for a Free for all room?
A different mode. I know more than a handful of people don't like the team they are on, don't like to use teamwork, and/or just tired of being on a team in general!

Now its just an idea, Shoot me down if you want. I just wanted to throw this idea out there. :<
Back to top Go down
Senhime
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Senhime

Male Posts : 563

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 3:46 am

Do you actually think that CB is some FPS where some gun do 1-hit-kill and HS?
No, and how about 1v29? That just Insane :<
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 3:49 am

I'd rather have more objective based game modes....
Back to top Go down
Getab
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Getab

Female Posts : 197

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 3:57 am

ziix wrote:
I'd rather have more objective based game modes....
Same here probably. :/
Though I'd have to admit a free-for-all room might not be that bad of an idea.Even though I'll probably never play in them.
Back to top Go down
(´・ω・`)
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 261

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:08 am

free for all room was already tested in JP, they didn't like it
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/asukuu
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:21 am

Random Player gets Buffed like mad, and the entire armada of players try to kill his 3 Robots?
I like it.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:43 am

Well, some thoughts:

Random Arcantus maps would probably work best, but at least something not team-oriented [Tundra Wall, Damp Underground, and Midnight Vision are good examples of ones that are].

Going with "lives" as the determining factor for how long you stay in play. Encourages attacking wisely instead of Fencer berserkering everything else that you see. Also handy if you happen to spawn in a dicey area, like a LND next to a bunch of Aquila Girls...

Broad Radar or learn Hit & Run tactics to perfection.

Unless a map has good places for sniping, playing an ART is probably going to be Hard Modo because of them ideally being in a team, and the chaotic-ness of free-for-all denies them that. This goes as well for most SUPs too, as bringing a healing bit is probably going to be worthless as you can't heal yourself with one anyway.

Could probably think of some more ideas but it's rather late :x
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:48 am

59 vs 1?

That's OP
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:38 am

only bot u'll be allowed to use is c.s.
first to explode and die wins.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:49 am

(´・ω・`) wrote:

THOSE FUCKING DUMB ASSES -_____-

cbjp players can suck my dick and choke on it
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 5:10 am

Aria wrote:
59 vs 1?

That's OP

make it 1 vs 100

well... actually CS VS Heroes already look like that... small number of GM vs over 9000 frogla-*kicked*
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:21 am

To see every time the same players at top, alias seraph, hoppers and vanguard players ? No way. Medi-chan pee on your idea.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:07 am

I kinda like the idea of a free for all. I can't imagine people soloing against 29 others (unless you're a star rank that gets put up with 29 other cirkles/triangles/squares), hence why I think that some will attempt to work together (temporarily).

rei_hunter wrote:
Random Player gets Buffed like mad, and the entire armada of players try to kill his 3 Robots?
I like it.

What if there were a game mode where a few of the participants get buffed, but lose that buff to the player who kills them?

Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:14 am

boytitan2 wrote:
(´・ω・`) wrote:

THOSE FUCKING DUMB ASSES -_____-

cbjp players can suck my dick and choke on it

Just because they don't like it doesn't mean we do too.

We MIGHT like it, but CS bases our updates from CBJP D:
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 8:27 am

Senhime wrote:
Do you actually think that CB is some FPS where some gun do 1-hit-kill and HS?
No, and how about 1v29? That just Insane :<

1 - BoyTitan and other players already play like if they were playing alone against the enemy team Rolling Eyes
2 - a Free For All wouldnt be such a bad idea as, players wouldnt be heading only for you as you wouldnt be the only one theree to be the target, AIR hunters and LND melee spammers wouldnt feel so fee to hunt other players because they would also be hunted by everyone else around and ART missilespammer wouldnt feel so free to stop and spam missiles for the same reason
3 - well, thats not a "1 hit kill" but thats VF, Byne, EVE and other bots that make 100+ damage in 1 hit . . . so, 3, 4 or 5 hits kill, compared to something like UC Izuna attacking with one UC weapon only (making some ridiculous 6 to 15 damage each shot, maybe a bit more but thats no powerful ranged UC weapon to place and use while moving) is like a "1 hit kill" . . .
4 - Random Arkantus would make a lot more sense if that was FFA instead of teams . . .

NOTE: that should be more than 2 teams only, that would make sense if each teamwas allowed to have only 5 players, then a 30x30 would become 12 teams of 5 players, then it would be do team work or die doing nothing, would also look like a FFA when more than 2 teams get to the same place and start fighting

I also remember, now, that some players said that custom maps (Stage Editor maps) are to be ferocious battles and different kind of battles from what the game give you . . . but when they have that most of them complain about it not being easy or being annoying because thats too different from what they use to play at Union Wars . . . so, players really dont know what they want, or they just want a "ferocious battle" where they can do good, if they cant then its annoying or bad (when, they couldnt do it good because they lack of knoledge to find a way to do it good, or arent using proper bots . . . like, Green Field isnt good for someplayers because its too open and they get missile spammed or AIR hunted all the time, or other maps where areas are small and players cant run away from melee spammers that easy and/or cant missile spam as much as at Green Field, etc . . . )
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:03 pm

This idea would be difficult to implement. Here are some problems:
1)What will you do about large battles? In a 20v20 or even 10v10, there's bound to be a lot of chaos. You'll lose your target often and because of the shitty lock-on system, you'll fuck up a lot.
2)Kill stealing? If you base score off frags, kill stealing becomes a problem. In a FFA game, you're bound to have a lot of that too.
3)Team attacking/Mobbing? FFA games open the door for this kind of garbage i.e, players gang up on one or more target players and farm kills off their asses all game, which turns the battle into a one-sided bloodbath and NOT an FFA fight.
4)Extinction of fat bots? Since fat bots tend to take more hits and there are bullets flying EVERYWHERE, fat bots will be hard-pressed to do well. Thus most people will abandon them, and if FFA battles become the dominant PvP mode fat bots will become near extinct.
5)Lack of variety? Most people know what the good bots are (Seraph, Ah-chan, VF, etc.). A lot of people might take those bots and leave out the customized/less powerful bots, meaning every FFA fight would become a black and white battle where each enemy is one of, say, five types of enemies. Boring as fuck.
Back to top Go down
SilverySil
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SilverySil

Female Posts : 508

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:21 pm

nothing wrong with making a FFA mode, but limiting it to team battles.

Tempura talked about a FFA during a gm radio event once. Said if there was enough backing in the EN version they might try to implement the JP version of it (when they had it) here, For team battle only.

The mode is there, its just inactive. and prob wont see the light of day unless the population shows some support for it.

as for the complaints of it being hectic. when is a battle royal with more then 6 people not hectic. if anything it encourages people to NOT suicide rush. and people using OP bots (TBG,AG, EVE, Fencer) will most likely be singled out by the entire room, so things will balance(or what CS considers balance) themselves after a period of time. Besides it would actually give people more reason to do team battles and make more kinds of maps.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 8:41 pm

SilverySil wrote:
nothing wrong with making a FFA mode, but limiting it to team battles.

Tempura talked about a FFA during a gm radio event once. Said if there was enough backing in the EN version they might try to implement the JP version of it (when they had it) here, For team battle only.

NO ONE GIVES A FLYING FUCK BOUT TEAM BATTLE PUT IT IN UNION WARS

idk bout jp gamers but Heres how american gamers work if u add something to the game it better give some type of fucking reward no reward then we wont do it and wont give a fuck about it
Back to top Go down
Spellcard
Newcomer
Newcomer
Spellcard

Female Posts : 12

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 11:47 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
1)What will you do about large battles? In a 20v20 or even 10v10, there's bound to be a lot of chaos. You'll lose your target often and because of the shitty lock-on system, you'll fuck up a lot.
2)Kill stealing? If you base score off frags, kill stealing becomes a problem. In a FFA game, you're bound to have a lot of that too.
3)Team attacking/Mobbing? FFA games open the door for this kind of garbage i.e, players gang up on one or more target players and farm kills off their asses all game, which turns the battle into a one-sided bloodbath and NOT an FFA fight.
4)Extinction of fat bots? Since fat bots tend to take more hits and there are bullets flying EVERYWHERE, fat bots will be hard-pressed to do well. Thus most people will abandon them, and if FFA battles become the dominant PvP mode fat bots will become near extinct.
5)Lack of variety? Most people know what the good bots are (Seraph, Ah-chan, VF, etc.). A lot of people might take those bots and leave out the customized/less powerful bots, meaning every FFA fight would become a black and white battle where each enemy is one of, say, five types of enemies. Boring as fuck.

Ahh sorry, I meant to say the more points you have the higher the place you will be. I forgot that Cosmic Break is based off of points than Frags.

I say limit it to maybe 5v5, maybe a little more. Maybe around just 20 minimum and 30 max. I understand around 35+ it starts to get a little crazy. I even start to lag when its 16v15. As well already there is chaos in Epochs, 30v30 and those 30v30 rooms. Thats around 60 people fighting and playing. I see that as Chaos too.

The Team attacking and Mobbing. Its almost in every FFA. Some people might want that Ah-chan dead or that Seraph dead, or maybe that annoying hopper. A Ah-chan in a normal match is deadly in the first place.

As for "Boring as fuck" Don't forget. If and when we get FFA there will be two modes now, Team Matches and FFAs, don't need to be there when two modes are out.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 1:23 am

OOOH OOOOH OOOH LET'S MAKE IT EVEN MORE EPIC!

59 vs. 1

Not only does that 1 guy get super buffed but he also gets to use the 3 Arks for his TEAM after he dies the first time and the Arks show up instead of his normal bots!

Imagine, kill him once and he switch from his crap bot to BLADINE!

That's like what? 50k hp and like automatic 1 hit ko sword.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 4:06 am

rei_hunter wrote:
I like it.
I approve.

also,FFA would fail.

if it's frag mode

Bring your 800 hp bots guys,cost doesnt matter!

also,what if friends just farmed each other?
Back to top Go down
SilverySil
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SilverySil

Female Posts : 508

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 4:14 am

Nisa wrote:

also,FFA would fail.

if it's frag mode

Bring your 800 hp bots guys,cost doesn't matter!

the mode tempura talked about was where everyone had there own "BP Bar". when it ran out you would only spawn in as an incredibly weak robot that wouldn't be able to present any real threat to the remaining players at all. (pepen, etc) and the last person "alive" with bp would win the match.

Nisa wrote:

also,what if friends just farmed each other?

you can do that now already. what with all the empty freaking rooms and locked team battles. =/

rei_hunter wrote:

that wouldn't be FFA, that would be a "Juggernaut" type mode. plays completely different then FFA.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 4:52 am

rei_hunter wrote:
I like it.

I hope you weren't sarcastic because what you described is like this:

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Unreal_Tournament_2004/Mutant

and it could work pretty well in CB, if the map used is large with less than 8 players.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 4:30 pm

Spellcard wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:

Ahh sorry, I meant to say the more points you have the higher the place you will be. I forgot that Cosmic Break is based off of points than Frags.

I say limit it to maybe 5v5, maybe a little more. Maybe around just 20 minimum and 30 max. I understand around 35+ it starts to get a little crazy. I even start to lag when its 16v15. As well already there is chaos in Epochs, 30v30 and those 30v30 rooms. Thats around 60 people fighting and playing. I see that as Chaos too.

The Team attacking and Mobbing. Its almost in every FFA. Some people might want that Ah-chan dead or that Seraph dead, or maybe that annoying hopper. A Ah-chan in a normal match is deadly in the first place.

As for "Boring as fuck" Don't forget. If and when we get FFA there will be two modes now, Team Matches and FFAs, don't need to be there when two modes are out.
I'd go with a maximum of 8v8 in an FFA mode(so 16 players total). IMO, chaos in a battle starts when you get over 25-30 players because then you have shit flying everywhere, people start lagging hard cuz their comps can't support so much server activity, etc etc etc. Epoch is insane too(60 players?).

Problem with a point system in CBffa: If they use the current point system for an FFA mode, people will have scores in the -2k+ range. As the entire thing is "Fight, live, and die alone, every man/woman for themselves", you're bound to end up dying a lot more than in a normal match, where you might die once, twice, three times, maybe not at all. In FFA the second you encounter somebody, there's a chance you will die. If you're in an 8v8 and you encounter one enemy every, say, five seconds, thats a chance of death every five seconds. And we're not even considering encounters after the initial battle, where the user's bot in question has already been weakened or suffered critical damage, thus chance of destruction is much higher. CS would have to create a completely new equation for calculating points, giving deaths much less weight during calculation if they want people to have a reasonable score at the end of the battle.

@Silvery: A "BP bar" FFA system might work, but it presents one problem: what about the larger bots? Since M and L size bots usually cost a lot more BP and have a larger hitbox, it follows that they should die more often because they're slightly easier targets by nature, despite their use of heavier firepower. Upon death, they'll also present a larger penalty to the user. Might that not mean that M and L bots will fall out of use completely in FFA? The whole point of another mode is to allow everything, no matter how obscure or crappy, an approximately equal chance in an arena-type setting. If M and L sizes fall out, all FFA will be left with is S size bots with tiny ass hitboxes, which leads to fights dragging on and on and on.

We also have to consider the problem of "hunting down the last people". It's usually not a problem but it's worth noting: what happens if there are two people left in an FFA match, and one guy decides to hide out and run away like a fucker until the time runs down? Not only would that be incredibly boring, but also its a cheap-ass tactic to avoid losing to a potentially better player. There should be a solution to this, possibly teleporting the two remaining players to a smaller arena where there's nowhere to hide and they must fight it out, or something like that, because FFA usually utilizes large maps to avoid an overload of chaotic fighting, which naturally gives itself to hiding out in a little obscure hole, waiting out your enemy until he/she gives up and quits.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 7:32 pm

While on the topic of FPS game modes let me throw instagib on the table.

This shitty aiming will make things extra fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Free For All!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free For All!!   Free For All!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Free For All!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next