Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hit and Run Lands

Go down 
+11
Courius
knyx
(´・ω・`)
Getab
Trill
SkyPanic
Hyoka
Nihil679
ngelicdark
FireKiller87
CybermanX
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CybermanX

Male Posts : 29

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 5:06 pm

I have an accel saber that way back when the game came out I used with two Fiz heads and Little grenades.

It was nice just running around and laying down incendiary on anything in me way but I'm looking for some other builds.

I've been giving the various high caliber UC handguns a go. SMG's just don't seem to work well in union wars.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 5:23 pm

CybermanX wrote:
I have an accel saber that way back when the game came out I used with two Fiz heads and Little grenades.

It was nice just running around and laying down incendiary on anything in me way but I'm looking for some other builds.

I've been giving the various high caliber UC handguns a go. SMG's just don't seem to work well in union wars.

Machineguns as a whole don't work very well, mainly due to their pathetically short range.
I have a LazFlamme that I built as a Run-'n-Gunner LND, if you're interested in that.
11 STR, 12 TEC, 25/26 WLK, 9/11 FLY, 12 TGH
Combat Mag tuned for High Range Alpha(2nd slot broken)
Buckler
LazFlamme LG-->LazFlamme BS
EDIT: Second BS: Misty Hollow BS, which can be replaced by Ace Braver BS, Shino Exroad BS, or Accel Saber BS if you're going UC.
2x Dharma Star AM(find multi-slotted ones from Arcantus or Arena awards)
AC1: Black Layer Ribbon-->Great Run Alpha
AC2: Intelli Green(open slot)
Level 6, 5x Cost Capa UP + Blast Guard, going for Sway, Tough Runner/Stun Regain, and the remaining Cost carts.

The build's excellent at taking down fatass ARTs, and is a decent hit-and-runner as you can sprint in, lay down a base of fire that does a lot of damage quickly, and get the hell out. If every shot you take strikes a target, you're doing 15-16 damage every four-tenths of a second, two-tenths of a second with Hypershot active. Combat Mag's shell-type damage ensures that anything with Shell Guard'll only be taking 2 less points of damage max. If you don't have a Combat Mag(you can get by being trolled at Sugoi-Gara or through Lotto only), Custom Magnum is a good substitute with less ammo and slightly higher intervals and is easily obtained through drops at Arcantus or Arena awards. Handy Magnum is a decent, low-cost substitute that comes with a slot through shop. Auto Magnum has a longer interval and a small ammo pool(250 ammo, iirc), but gives a small bonus to FLY, has decently low cost, and is generally reliable, and comes with a slot from the shop.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 5:53 pm

If you had a bigger, beefier LND bot with higher TGH, i'd suggest hit and run 8 vulcans. But since you have to be a) fast to keep up with the guy you're running after, b) beefier because you WILL be tanking more hits while doing so... it's not such a great idea. I remember fighting a boost running lancerlot with k shields and dual 8 vulcans. Man that was annoying...

Second the magnums suggestions. I use them for my Renny who plays generally as a hit n' run (though now she hops for a little bit, just messing around).

If not, then I suggest something like Middle Bazooka (or any other L sized UC bazooka) for maximum damage. Fire a round or two, run around them, etc.

And if not, there's always raid rifles/scouter's rifles. They're more apt for a "burst a clip then get the hell out" kinda approach though.
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

Male Posts : 326

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:10 pm

There's this fun build I see a lot in CBJP videos. They mostly involve small bots of any kind (moe or not, if you can shrink an L-size down, that works as well) with various high-damage close-range weapons, the bots being tuned heavily with speed.

Basically, obtain very high speed Boost Run, orange and up works best. Refer to a Boost Run chart.
Get a machinegun of some kind, or any weapon with decent force and decent shooting rate. Range doesn't really matter. Drum Machineguns are common, but high-cost, so needs more adjustment. Drum Gun also works, though it'd be better if we got the Interval Drum Gun already.
Tune that weapon for as much force as possible, put reckless abandon into your ammo supply.
You then basically run up to someone, shoot them while they're still trying to realize you're there, then run away. The main trouble is, obviously, staying alive for as long as possible with your short-ranged weapon. Also trying to maintain a low cost so you can die efficiently after your ammo runs out (since it should be horrible by now), while having high move speed and high damage weapon.

If I can find the video again, I'll link it. It's pretty funny though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nihil679
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:48 pm

Nihil679 wrote:
There's this fun build I see a lot in CBJP videos. They mostly involve small bots of any kind (moe or not, if you can shrink an L-size down, that works as well) with various high-damage close-range weapons, the bots being tuned heavily with speed.

Basically, obtain very high speed Boost Run, orange and up works best. Refer to a Boost Run chart.
Get a machinegun of some kind, or any weapon with decent force and decent shooting rate. Range doesn't really matter. Drum Machineguns are common, but high-cost, so needs more adjustment. Drum Gun also works, though it'd be better if we got the Interval Drum Gun already.
Tune that weapon for as much force as possible, put reckless abandon into your ammo supply.
You then basically run up to someone, shoot them while they're still trying to realize you're there, then run away. The main trouble is, obviously, staying alive for as long as possible with your short-ranged weapon. Also trying to maintain a low cost so you can die efficiently after your ammo runs out (since it should be horrible by now), while having high move speed and high damage weapon.

If I can find the video again, I'll link it. It's pretty funny though.
3 slot Machinegun. Drum Machinegun-level performance with a few downgrades, and somewhat less cost(iirc Machinegun costs 100). So basically, tune for 33 WLK 8 FLY? In most of my builds I end up lowering one drastically, so I don't see how I can get that.
Then maximize TEC and you're done.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:38 pm

regular machinegun costs 30

Drum gun costs 100

And Military costs... 60?
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:06 pm

hit and run types belongs to rifle and breaker style, machine gun = hopper
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:17 pm

SkyPanic wrote:

That's not exactly true, but it purely depends on how you define hit-run.
Machinegun hit-run is more like... drive-by shooting. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:26 pm

Both could be hit and run ish. Rifle hit and run is for long range, probably better for attacking bots you know can't do much to return fire. Machinegun hit and run is upclose in your face, dealing as much damage as possible in a short time then getting out.

I've done a similar style but not fully tuned like Nihil posted. Boost run with a Rage Machinegun and a buckler.
Back to top Go down
CybermanX

Male Posts : 29

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:21 pm

My only concern is that if an air sees my bright red accel saber then I'm boned.

But, I am looking into a promising build. I'm equipping a slayer to the bot of my choice.

My accel has blast protection as it is.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:32 pm

Nihil679 wrote:
SkyPanic wrote:

Well, hit and run...you can't really do that in this game because you have 1) rifle option, which is better at long range, or 2) machinegun option, which is like a drive-by.

A list of Machine Gun-type weapons(from the list on koi-sama.net/cb):

-Handy Machinegun: -1 FLY, 30 cost, 5 Force, 800 ammo, 120 range Can be equipped by all types.
-Sub Machinegun: -2 FLY, 55 cost, 6 Force, 1000 ammo, 120 range Can be equipped by LND, AIR, and SUP.
-Machinegun: -1 TEC, -3 FLY, 100 cost, 8 Force, 1200 ammo, 115 range Can be equipped by LND and SUP-types only.
-Drum Machinegun: -2 TEC, -4 FLY, 150 cost, 10 Force, 1500 ammo, 110 range Can be equipped by LND and SUP-types only.
-Drum Machinegun Mod: -1 TEC, -2 FLY, 150 cost, 9 Force, 1200 ammo, 110 range Can be equipped by LND and SUP-types only.
-Rage Machinegun: +1 WLK, -3 FLY, 160 cost, 6 Force, 1600 ammo, 90 range(pretty much melee range) Can be equipped by LND, AIR, and SUP.
-Military Gun: -1 TEC, 60 cost, 9 Force, 200 ammo, 140 range Can be equipped by LND, ART and SUP.
-Drum Gun: -1 TEC, -2 WLK, -2 FLY, 90 cost, 13 Force, 200 ammo, 150 range Can be equipped by LND, ART and SUP.
-Drum Gun Mod: -1 TEC, -2 FLY, 90 cost, 15 Force, 160 ammo, 130 range Can be equipped by LND, ART and SUP.
-Incremental Drum Gun: -1 TEC, -2 WLK, -2 FLY, 130 cost, 13 Force, 340 ammo, 130 range Can be equipped by LND, ART and SUP.
-Vulcan: -1 STR, -2 WLK, -2 FLY, 85 cost, 14 Force, 480 ammo, 90 range Can be equipped by LND, ART and SUP.
-Chain Vulcan: -2 WLK, -2 FLY, +2 TGH, 140 cost, 18 Force, 500 ammo, 90 range Can be equipped by LND, ART and SUP.
-Delta Vulcan: -2 STR, -4 WLK, -4 FLY, -2 TGH, 180 cost, 14 Force, 500 ammo, 90 range LND-type only.
-Buster Gatling: -2 WLK, -3 FLY, 170 cost, 6 Force, 2600 ammo, 230 range Can be equipped by LND, AIR, and ART
-The famed Eight Vulcan: -1 STR, -4 WLK, -3 FLY, -1 TGH, 130 cost, 10 Force, 800 ammo, 110 range LND and ART-type only.
-Huge Gatling: -3 WLK, -2 FLY, 180 cost, 9 Force, 1600 ammo, 210 range. Can be equipped by LND, AIR, and ART.
-Sword Machinegun: -2 FLY, 70 cost, 6 Force, 600 ammo, 90 range. Subweapon: 24 Force, 180 ammo, 40 range, 85 speed, 800 interval. Can be equipped by all types.
Back to top Go down
Getab
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Getab

Female Posts : 197

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:35 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
Nihil679 wrote:
SkyPanic wrote:

Well, hit and run...you can't really do that in this game because you have 1) rifle option, which is better at long range, or 2) machinegun option, which is like a drive-by.

A list of Machine Gun-type weapons(from the list on koi-sama.net/cb):

-Handy Machinegun: -1 FLY, 30 cost, 5 Force, 800 ammo, 120 range Can be equipped by all types.
-Sub Machinegun: -2 FLY, 55 cost, 6 Force, 1000 ammo, 120 range Can be equipped by LND, AIR, and SUP.
-Machinegun: -1 TEC, -3 FLY, 100 cost, 8 Force, 1200 ammo, 115 range Can be equipped by LND and SUP-types only.
-Drum Machinegun: -2 TEC, -4 FLY, 150 cost, 10 Force, 1500 ammo, 110 range Can be equipped by LND and SUP-types only.
-Drum Machinegun Mod: -1 TEC, -2 FLY, 150 cost, 9 Force, 1200 ammo, 110 range Can be equipped by LND and SUP-types only.
-Rage Machinegun: +1 WLK, -3 FLY, 160 cost, 6 Force, 1600 ammo, 90 range(pretty much melee range) Can be equipped by LND, AIR, and SUP.
-Military Gun: -1 TEC, 60 cost, 9 Force, 200 ammo, 140 range Can be equipped by LND, ART and SUP.
-Drum Gun: -1 TEC, -2 WLK, -2 FLY, 90 cost, 13 Force, 200 ammo, 150 range Can be equipped by LND, ART and SUP.
-Drum Gun Mod: -1 TEC, -2 FLY, 90 cost, 15 Force, 160 ammo, 130 range Can be equipped by LND, ART and SUP.
-Incremental Drum Gun: -1 TEC, -2 WLK, -2 FLY, 130 cost, 13 Force, 340 ammo, 130 range Can be equipped by LND, ART and SUP.
-Vulcan: -1 STR, -2 WLK, -2 FLY, 85 cost, 14 Force, 480 ammo, 90 range Can be equipped by LND, ART and SUP.
-Chain Vulcan: -2 WLK, -2 FLY, +2 TGH, 140 cost, 18 Force, 500 ammo, 90 range Can be equipped by LND, ART and SUP.
-Delta Vulcan: -2 STR, -4 WLK, -4 FLY, -2 TGH, 180 cost, 14 Force, 500 ammo, 90 range LND-type only.
-Buster Gatling: -2 WLK, -3 FLY, 170 cost, 6 Force, 2600 ammo, 230 range Can be equipped by LND, AIR, and ART
-The famed Eight Vulcan: -1 STR, -4 WLK, -3 FLY, -1 TGH, 130 cost, 10 Force, 800 ammo, 110 range LND and ART-type only.
-Huge Gatling: -3 WLK, -2 FLY, 180 cost, 9 Force, 1600 ammo, 210 range. Can be equipped by LND, AIR, and ART.
-Sword Machinegun: -2 FLY, 70 cost, 6 Force, 600 ammo, 90 range. Subweapon: 24 Force, 180 ammo, 40 range, 85 speed, 800 interval. Can be equipped by all types.
Not to be picky but you forgot Nano Machinegun.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:38 pm

Agh, forgot to do the testing on S types.
IIRC all LND types can equip all Machinegun-type weapons. AIR can equip a few, same with SUP. ART can equip slightly more than half.

If you're making an L Air(read: Thoarla), a few of the M, L, or LL sized Machineguns may prove useful, but I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Getab
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Getab

Female Posts : 197

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:40 pm

IMO Burners might work for harassment hit-and-run raids, probably won't kill anybody but it'd be pretty annoying.
Back to top Go down
(´・ω・`)
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 261

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:48 pm

Getab wrote:
IMO Burners might work for harassment hit-and-run raids, probably won't kill anybody but it'd be pretty annoying.

Wait until a certain burner is released. You can bet on me using that hopper + burner when it comes out
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/asukuu
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Getab wrote:

I think CBJP players might disagree.
I just watched a couple of team fight tournament matches. This guy was dealing 20 damage on a burner over and over. Was great.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:05 pm

Nihil679 wrote:
Getab wrote:

I think CBJP players might disagree.
I just watched a couple of team fight tournament matches. This guy was dealing 20 damage on a burner over and over. Was great.
That's intense. Must be tuned for Force.

Burners run out of ammo quickly though, and have shorter ranges than Machineguns.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:07 pm

Hoppers are hit-and-run, pretty much.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:10 pm

Shadow hunter with stealth and ceramic burner. Was dealing 50s and giving burning effect to people under their PS while costing only 500 BP. Was great.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:16 pm

knyx wrote:
Shadow hunter with stealth and ceramic burner. Was dealing 50s and giving burning effect to people under their PS while costing only 500 BP. Was great.

Stealth isn't much though.

Also how the hell you hitting 50's?
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:20 pm

Hyoka wrote:
knyx wrote:

Has to be the mystical energy called lag.
Kidding.

I believe Long Burner (which I assume is what asukuu is talking about) has the range of a Mini Bazooka (210).

Hoppers don't run away though, not much at least.
They usually hop around and slowly make their way back to their side rather.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:28 pm

Hyoka wrote:
knyx wrote:

Burners are powerful but have horrid range and ammo. Ceramic burner has I think the highest (17) force of all the burners as of yet. Anyways if they don't notice you burning them, by the time they notice their health down and the burn effect, bam 50 damage and they fly around like an idiot. Especially the fatarts.
Back to top Go down
(´・ω・`)
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 261

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:59 am

Nihil679 wrote:

I believe Long Burner (which I assume is what asukuu is talking about) has the range of a Mini Bazooka (210).

no

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/asukuu
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:14 pm

you also can try being Gun-runner... customize and tune max walk and tec , and get pretty far weapon that can be spammed (rifle type, crossbow type , zoka also work, recommended range 200++)

any lnd bots could do, but im kinda recommended use misty, since she have anti ranged mist
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Glass
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Glass

Male Posts : 124

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:34 pm

Long Burner has a range of 90, compared to:

Glass Burner; 75 range
Burner; 70 range
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hit and Run Lands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run Lands   Hit and Run Lands Empty

Back to top Go down

Hit and Run Lands
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next