Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I picked my first bot now what?

Go down 
+7
ngelicdark
NumeroDoS
Trill
knyx
DevilLuck
Puddin'
Kazejin
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Kazejin
Kazejin

Male Posts : 75

So I picked my first bot now what? Empty
PostSubject: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:37 pm

I picked a Jikun Hu as my first bot, and I got the freebie bots Laz-chan, Destructor, Mach Knight, and Maril March Trill from a promotion code.

What do I do next?

I forgot to say that I'm a newbie ^^;
Back to top Go down
Puddin'
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Puddin'

Female Posts : 345

PostSubject: Re: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:52 pm

Buy a crimrose from shop > level to lvl 10 > promote to seraph
Back to top Go down
DevilLuck
DevilLuck

Male Posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:53 pm

do the "quest" provided by the three guardian in garage
after that ye on ye own
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:53 pm

Y U NO PIK CRIMMY
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:54 pm

What Union are you in?

To start off with, start with the Mate quests. Find them by going to inventory, and selecting the Mate icon near the top left.

It explains the basics of the different arena's. Search the forums for some good builds and pointers on the bots.

While Jikun Hu is a good bot, I'd suggest getting Crimrose as a starter because of her 2 slot LG's and Beam Gun Mod she holds.

Some pointers for your bots:

Mach Knight: No real experience with him, as Izuna is a better M sized air IMO.

Jikun: Don't give this guy swords, as all it does is mess up his combo'ing ability. You're going to want to use either sheilds, a sheild and a gun, or 2x guns.
Use guns to shoot as you approach, then LG melée attack. The core is good for warping around in a group, distracting everyone.

Maril: Artillery types: Watch your radar. Watch for approaching Lands(circle shapes in red) You should avoid Lands, by either retreating as the approach, or watch for them on the radar and stay away. Take the Broad Radar cartridge. Use the Sound Ball core to attack air types from a distance. I use the Maril AM for attacking airs at close range.

Laz - chan : Small in size and ability. For her, her BD gives the long range buff. Hang around ally Art's(blue square logo's), and give them the buff. Use Mini- Repair bits you obtain from the shop in the Extra's section. When you get regular Repair bits, use them.

Destructor: Prioritize mobility. Get both of the Internal cartridges, and use Missle type weapons(ie. Box Missles or Toybox AM's)Like Maril, use Missles from afar, then use your bazooka core for airs who stray too close or for enemy Art's who are slow and can't dodge. Just because you have a lot of HP doesn't mean you should avoid being hit. Try and find slotted parts and tune him for Fly and get float dash.

I may go ingame, my IGN is Trill, from the DOS union.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:59 pm

If you're going to Arena, stick to the low level rooms first~

That way, you can avoid the majority of players drooling to get a frag. *coughstarscough*
Back to top Go down
Kazejin
Kazejin

PostSubject: Re: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 10:12 pm

Trill wrote:
What Union are you in?

To start off with, start with the Mate quests. Find them by going to inventory, and selecting the Mate icon near the top left.

It explains the basics of the different arena's. Search the forums for some good builds and pointers on the bots.

While Jikun Hu is a good bot, I'd suggest getting Crimrose as a starter because of her 2 slot LG's and Beam Gun Mod she holds.

Some pointers for your bots:

Mach Knight: No real experience with him, as Izuna is a better M sized air IMO.

Jikun: Don't give this guy swords, as all it does is mess up his combo'ing ability. You're going to want to use either sheilds, a sheild and a gun, or 2x guns.
Use guns to shoot as you approach, then LG melée attack. The core is good for warping around in a group, distracting everyone.

Maril: Artillery types: Watch your radar. Watch for approaching Lands(circle shapes in red) You should avoid Lands, by either retreating as the approach, or watch for them on the radar and stay away. Take the Broad Radar cartridge. Use the Sound Ball core to attack air types from a distance. I use the Maril AM for attacking airs at close range.

Laz - chan : Small in size and ability. For her, her BD gives the long range buff. Hang around ally Art's(blue square logo's), and give them the buff. Use Mini- Repair bits you obtain from the shop in the Extra's section. When you get regular Repair bits, use them.

Destructor: Prioritize mobility. Get both of the Internal cartridges, and use Missle type weapons(ie. Box Missles or Toybox AM's)Like Maril, use Missles from afar, then use your bazooka core for airs who stray too close or for enemy Art's who are slow and can't dodge. Just because you have a lot of HP doesn't mean you should avoid being hit. Try and find slotted parts and tune him for Fly and get float dash.

I may go ingame, my IGN is Trill, from the DOS union.
Thanks for the tips, I chose Bladine as my union

Is Izuna a good bot overall? I wanna save up UC and buy her

How do I shoot multiple sound balls with Maril?

My IGN is Kazejin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 10:19 pm

I have to ask, but did you play Grand Chase Mad? Kaze'aze Jin was a boss name, and it's somewhat similar.

To summon several sound balls, click rapidly to summon up to 6.

Izuna isn't good straight out of the box, but she's good. Give her Tentrion AM's, found in Arcantus quest, and Sword Wing BS. I would say to give her Seraph LG's, but to get those you'd have to spend a hefty chunk of UC to get Seraph first then take her LG's.

Basically Wing Amj's, Tentrion AM's. You'll learn about tuning later, and you'll want to do High/Great Boost Alpha/Beta tunes to get her near as 40 fly possible.

I'll be on tomorrow, and I'll see if I can meet you ingame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Somebody should put it this way - "The only starter bot you will ever want is Crimrose"
Why? Because she comes with the "Beam Gun Mod" that is unobtainable as there is no other way of getting it unless you choose Crimrose as your starter.
Back to top Go down
Kazejin
Kazejin

PostSubject: Re: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 10:33 pm

Trill wrote:
I have to ask, but did you play Grand Chase Mad? Kaze'aze Jin was a boss name, and it's somewhat similar.

To summon several sound balls, click rapidly to summon up to 6.

Izuna isn't good straight out of the box, but she's good. Give her Tentrion AM's, found in Arcantus quest, and Sword Wing BS. I would say to give her Seraph LG's, but to get those you'd have to spend a hefty chunk of UC to get Seraph first then take her LG's.

Basically Wing Amj's, Tentrion AM's. You'll learn about tuning later, and you'll want to do High/Great Boost Alpha/Beta tunes to get her near as 40 fly possible.

I'll be on tomorrow, and I'll see if I can meet you ingame.
I've never played Grand Chase before

So should I just buy a crimmy?

and thanks again, I'll see ya tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 10:37 pm

I honestly wouldn't remake an account for it. I'd be more interested in the AM/LG. I think he'll do fine without it, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I'd buy Crimrose if you don't want to play her in arena anytime soon, as she's fairly crappy until Seraph.

Basically put her as bot three and level her up without using her.

If you'd like to have a good air without leveling to 10: Izuna, Beezle, Sword Wing, Tesladonna.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 11:44 pm

After you're done familiarizing yourself with how the while quest, mission, arena bit works, drop a read on my compilation thread (in my sig).

It's not completely noob friendly as of yet but it's a good place to start hunting for some basics/mechanics of the game. I hafta update it more but there's a good chunk there as is.
Back to top Go down
Kazejin
Kazejin

PostSubject: Re: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? EmptySat May 28, 2011 2:53 pm

What kind of weapons do I give my Izuna Kamui Nagi?

Also, I ran out of points and could barely fit anything
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? EmptySat May 28, 2011 3:02 pm

Also starter Crim has 2s parts. Which cost RT to get.
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? EmptySat May 28, 2011 3:05 pm

Kazejin wrote:
I picked a Jikun Hu as my first bot, and I got the freebie bots Laz-chan, Destructor, Mach Knight, and Maril March Trill from a promotion code.

What do I do next?

I forgot to say that I'm a newbie ^^;

die Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? EmptySat May 28, 2011 4:39 pm

buy rt roll lop gara 2 weekly gara or sugui gara profit
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142

PostSubject: Re: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? EmptySat May 28, 2011 4:55 pm

boytitan2 wrote:

Profit to CS you meant? I don't encourage new player to start with RT mech though. Especially not when he probably don't even know what to play as main yet or worst, what he WANT to play as. Getting used to the game especially the controls are top piority. Learn how to maneuver before even trying to shoot. All these can be done with any mech :/
Back to top Go down
Kazejin
Kazejin

PostSubject: Re: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? EmptySat May 28, 2011 5:05 pm

priskern wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:

Profit to CS you meant? I don't encourage new player to start with RT mech though. Especially not when he probably don't even know what to play as main yet or worst, what he WANT to play as. Getting used to the game especially the controls are top piority. Learn how to maneuver before even trying to shoot. All these can be done with any mech :/
I like air and artillery types and I dont wanna spend any RT
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? EmptySat May 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Now what?

There isn't a storyline if you were wondering.

Just take those bots and play pvp until you get a little more used to the controls and bored and sick of dying.

Then pay RT and buy or roll garapon for a bot that suits your playstyle.

Do quests and missions and tune up the bot to the best stats for your playstyle.

Then pvp some more.
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? EmptySat May 28, 2011 5:56 pm

Kazejin wrote:
priskern wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:

I like air and artillery types and I dont wanna spend any RT
so . . .

(AIR) Izuna, Sword Wing
(ART) Lily, King Gigaton, Destructor CN

at Izuna and Sword Wing, I would say that its good to have a weapon u know how to use and with a good range (weapons with short range work only if u`re a mastert at dodging, even because u mentioned u dont want to spend RT so u will not have something like 4 or 5 main weapons at your AIR bot) and anything for melee range (Im using 2 Ace Braver AM . . good to melee fatarts and to farm items when u`re out of ammo)

at Lily, king Gigaton and Destructor I use the Alpha Striker build . . . 2 Misside AM (if possible) + 2 heavy weapons + Garudam BS at the fatarts)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I picked my first bot now what?   So I picked my first bot now what? Empty

Back to top Go down

So I picked my first bot now what?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com