Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

[Guide] Scaregant Nomad

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Glass
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Glass

Male Posts : 124

[Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 3:18 pm

Scaregant's a perfect example of a good, non-OP land. Still RT, but seriously. EVE, TBG, Aquila Girl, VF, soon Ivis. Easy mode. Kimoi!
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:37 pm

While EVE does butt loads of damage, it's not that easy to hit above 5th place nowadays when you compare it to the damage of TBG/AG (with a nontuned EVE/lacking skills I mean). Those two bots are how to first place for derps.

Which makes it more of a thing for me to practice her nowadays as soon as I farm those rainbow chips and have her AM tuned properly.

Anyway, that aside, if I ever land Nomad when I roll for the middle zooks there (I hope I do lol, I want him more than Connie because I saw he had that knife/bomb, great to know that bomb is actually good for something Very Happy ) I'll be playing him.

What kind of mobility carts do you think are good for him though? And does his bomb dmg run off TEC? He seems like the kinda guy I wouldn't get anything for, run for 40 WLK and as much TGH as I can muster; STR/TEC to make it to the next breakpoint...
Back to top Go down
Glass
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Glass

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:52 pm

I wouldn't have any mobility cart set on him.

Unless you're That One Bored Guy who wants to use an L sized swaying land.

Boost run would be nice on him because he's huge.
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:11 pm

Choosing smaller LGs allows the cape to cover more of him. When you use normal LGs, you can be shot at if they aim at your feet, or if they are on a slope below you. However, lowering height messes with the rifle. It tends to drop into the ground if you aim at anything lower than you when you use tiny LGs.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:13 pm

@Iseal wrote:
Choosing smaller LGs allows the cape to cover more of him. When you use normal LGs, you can be shot at if they aim at your feet, or if they are on a slope below you. However, lowering height messes with the rifle. It tends to drop into the ground if you aim at anything lower than you when you use tiny LGs.
Using larger LGs also makes you a larger target. Which means with 40 tgh, your tgh reduction kicks in harder and has an easier time staying in effect. You -want- to be an obvious target, so anything that shoots you only hits you for 0~5 damage.
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:15 pm

Assuming you want to play a melee heavy playstyle and not more towards the rifle. I like just sitting back and knocking stuff down, and using the melee as a counter-melee rather than offensively.
Back to top Go down
Glass
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Glass

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:17 pm

Rifle is moreso long-range harassing for me. Squeeze in some damage before they sit still long enough for you to knife them. Once they get knocked away, shoot at them again and squeeze in more damage.
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:22 pm

I never was good at rushing, I use the rifle to bait people into rushing ME. Funny when you manage to smash a Vanguard Fencer's face in as a result of the dash on the first hit of Knife&Bomb. The bomb strikes are also TEC based, IIRC. You might want to account for that if you like bombing AIRs down.

Would it be a bit overkill to tune 2x High Shooter on the rifle? Should I go with High Shooter+Great Rapid Beta instead?

Edit: That's odd... No matter what I do, with default parts I can't hit 40 TGH and 30+ WLK and still have room for offense stat tunes. Are you doing this with stock parts?

Yeah, this is the best I could get:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Glass
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Glass

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:54 pm

Sword Guard and Sniper Sight are unnecessary imo. Most of the time you'd be too close to your opponent, shooting at them; waiting for the oppurtunity to knife. And sword guard.. well, I'm not sure. I only target large land and arts, sometimes low-flying airs. I'd drop that too, since his tgh is still insane. More than half of the melee consist of more than 1 hit, so.

.. I just remembered there are only 6 capa carts on scaregant. 35 tgh might be enough, and wlk be a minimum of 25. Can you find a build revolving around that while also having str tuned?
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:20 pm

For a melee oriented Scaregant Nomad:
Spoiler:

For a more laid back, gun oriented approach that still retains the ability to mess up the day of anyone stupid enough to rush you:

Spoiler:

If you want to take the melee heavy route, I'd just use a normal Scaregant for the Drumgun. Higher damage output up close shooting, though you sacrifice a bit of TGH. The image of Scaregant Nomad seemed to me more like a retired Scaregant that can still kick your ass up close, but would rather take it easy and shoot you from a range. You can tune the breaker to either Railgun level speed OR range, and can surpass either one if you sacrifice a few stats. That's the main reason I think you should consider Sniper Sight if you tune for high range stats. Nomad just seems more distance-control oriented than the normal one, which seems more up-close pressure oriented.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster
boytitan2

Male Posts : 8637

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:28 am

who ever thins scargent is bad is dumb heres a list of gara bots he rapes

byne girl ouka melfi and can with the right parts match and beat vanguards
Back to top Go down
Hellenisti
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hellenisti

Male Posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:13 am

@boytitan2 wrote:

lolmelfi, maybe you meant Elisa? (that Sword Rain of hers is annoying as hell, but not it's even near enough to beat Scaregants)

Also, I find VFs to be easier prey compared to Oukas; sometimes my knife combo hits her shoulder guard, and then she can retaliate in that small amount of time she didn't get stunned. Oukas with Slow tunes are even more difficult.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:44 am

@knyx wrote:
@Suguri wrote:
@Intet wrote:

He's not stupid broke, and a late bloomer (kinda) EN players don't wanna put effort into kicking ass while looking cool I guess.
EVE was too hard and required that you manually dodged and maintained lockons, and effectively juggled main and subweapons. Thankfully, Toybox Girl and Aquila Girl fixed this problem.

EVE users who could psygun are pros.

hey thats me! Very Happy

@boytitan2 wrote:

BT implies that scaregant only better than mbg, ouka, melfi and vf.
scaregant loses to shine battlers.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster
boytitan2

Male Posts : 8637

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:00 am

@Hellenisti wrote:
@boytitan2 wrote:

lolmelfi, maybe you meant Elisa? (that Sword Rain of hers is annoying as hell, but not it's even near enough to beat Scaregants)

Also, I find VFs to be easier prey compared to Oukas; sometimes my knife combo hits her shoulder guard, and then she can retaliate in that small amount of time she didn't get stunned. Oukas with Slow tunes are even more difficult.

slow tune the sword get a k shield

which is the main reason L sized melee builds shit on moe bot melee builds the all powerful k shield =)

scargents bascily a buffed hound dog with a rifle or hand shot slightly more range than hound dog am and more dmg and speed
Back to top Go down
Hellenisti
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hellenisti

Male Posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:07 am

Here's my take on Scaregant Nomad:

The 22 force Breaker rifle
Spoiler:

tl;dr I honestly think maining the rifle on him makes him a waste.

The 30 force Knife & Bomb
Spoiler:

tl;dr Knife & Bomb is h4x.

Using a shield on him
Spoiler:

tl;dr SHIELD. DO EET.

Scaregant vs Scaregant Nomad
Spoiler:

tl;dr Nomad > Regular Scare

Short or tall?
Spoiler:

td;dr IMO short > tall

Here's my beloved Scare, some of you might have already seen him in arena:
Spoiler:

Feel free to present a counter argument.

Last edited by Hellenisti on Tue May 24, 2011 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 1:20 pm

It's your choice on how you want to play it. I would still recommend you tune the breaker to the point that it can drop S size AIRs with a single shot. Always nice to shoot that annoying thing circling your PS and watch it get minced by 6 ARTs. If I go on the offense with melee, I use it as a "drive-by" going through the PS and dragging a target out behind a wall to murder it. Bombs are TEC based, so I get more out of tuning TEC since I can just chase the single target I go after.

Full melee combo or stop after the 4th slash against melee? Pretty obvious to do the short combo against a speedy gunner to avoid them escaping. Full combo tends to leave you open with the resheath, but it does that spinny knockback on stuff hit, and you can combo out of it with another melee. Doing 3 or 4 slashes lets you recover faster, but you risk letting the enemy melee you in return. On the other hand, you can surprise some melee units that are expecting a knockback allowing them to rush you.

How's this setup?
Spoiler:

Can switch onto Handy Bazooka, or keep the grenades for rushing. If you see something that could be better, please tell me. I really only know two ways to melee: Jump into mob->spam, or kick shit out of your area.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:59 pm

If I had a Nomad (which I don't, sadly), this is more along the lines of what I'd do:

Spoiler:

Mobile, melee proficient, massive HP pool, maxed tgh, k-shield for more durability, sword+blast guards for even more durability, and the obvious cape for even more durability.

Last edited by Suguri on Tue May 24, 2011 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:02 pm

Don't have a K-Shield, guess I'll just go with what I have. I suck with Boost Run, always moving too much to use it well.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 6:56 pm

@Hellenisti wrote:
Here's my beloved Scare, some of you might have already seen him in arena:
Spoiler:

Awesome, another person with Gun Arms LG on their Scaregant.

The idea occurred to me when a clannie asked about the LG stats since CBJP loves putting those on Fencers. I don't have a fencer, but I *did* have the Scaregant Nomad.... Reduces his height some and gives good stats too.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 7:38 pm

I can't narrow Scaregant down to one tatic because the beauty of him is that he can do well in nearly any situation with a variety of tricks to handle it depending on what it is, because not everything can be solved by spamming right-click methinks... This isn't exactly what I'm going for (especially how the tunes are allocated) but it gives you a general idea of how I'm thinking of building mine.

【Robot Name】
Scaregant

【Parts】
BD: Scaregant BD2
 WB: Dual Rifle Bit
 LG: Geograsis LG [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha] [Tough]
 HD: Amateus HD [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha] [Tough]
  HDAC: Black Layer Ribbon [High Run]
  FCAC: Berry Earrings
 BS: Byakkou BS [High Tough] [Tough] [Tough]
 AM: Scaregant AM3 [Range] [High Rapid Beta] [Great Rapid Beta]
  WP: Knife And Bomb [Tough] [Tough] [Tough]
 AM: Bugsycait AM [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha]
  WP: Viper Shield [High Run Alpha]

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 陸
SIZE: L
COST: 1270
CAPA: 1270
HP: 469
STR: 18
TEC: 8
WLK: 35
FLY: 1
TGH: 33

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×6
Sword Guard
Blast Guard
Tough Runner
Sniper Sight

【必要素材】
Hidora Cosmos×7
Fudara Cosmos×9
Ones Cosmos×1
Twode Cosmos×1
Threede Cosmos×1
Green Chip×100
Engine Shaft×76
Brake Damper×48
Scope Lens×4
Rapid Crystal×26
Heat Ash×15
Snail Liquid×60
Hard Plate×11
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
yilx
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
yilx

Male Posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 2:54 am

Sorry for necroing sorta but I just want to say...

3x slow tunes on his knife/bomb turns him into a mean slowing machine, but... he lacks any means of dealing any REAL damage.

His breaker/rifle is an amazing harassment weapon and great finisher; I only wish it had slightly more force. It's speed and range are great.

I put a priestol LG on him for ease of cost, ease of size and tunability.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Has anyone tried pure great grappler on that knife? Its base force looks high enough to reach at least the 40s after 3x of em..
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:41 am

Errrr what was it called?
The tunes that increase melee speed and slow are good for him
Regular scaregant seems to be better
Back to top Go down
Glass
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Glass

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:53 pm

@xzpwnz wrote:
Errrr what was it called?
The tunes that increase melee speed and slow are good for him
Regular scaregant seems to be better

Gladiator.
Regular scaregant is good for up-close DPS, but it's too close for my style.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 2:10 pm

Regular: run and gun, melee when close.

Nomad: snipe in backline, knock opposing lands out of your teams turf like a bouncer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Scaregant Nomad   [Guide] Scaregant Nomad - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Guide] Scaregant Nomad
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides :: Land Types-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com