Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.

Go down 
+3
Trill
ziix
Fireflywater
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. Empty
PostSubject: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptySun May 22, 2011 5:43 pm

Hello, I'm new to these forums but I have been lurking for some time.

Blah blah blah, on with the topic. I've searched around the forum and got very little advice on how to use Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. The most I've gotten was "Big Mountaiz as good Stardust Cannoner", "Snailbot was OP", and "Use Cannon Baller like a froglander".

In the spoiler below, I'll list what my current bots have and their stats.
Spoiler:
All bot's level are maxed out until a cap remover is placed on them.
All part's slots are empty unless noted.
All bot's wonder bit are default.
I barely tune stuff.

Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:46 pm

Fireflywater wrote:

I barely tune stuff.

Then you can start now.

40 FLY for a SDCer Big Mountainz, then rest into TEC

Dunno about snailbot. (I'd rather go with destructor Neutral )

Cannonballer is good as a stock bot, I dunno about him either. He's manly though.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:04 pm

Big Mountaiz: Your going to want fly at a minimum of 30. You'll need 15 or so tough iirc. Aside from SDC which is a must, try Negatron Rifle. He's not a frontline attacker like Seraphs and such. If you don't do heavy tuning, I'd honestly stay away from them UC large airs. S air bots

Canonballer: Crabberoid LG/Ace Braver LG, HD unsure.

Snailbot: Accel Saber AM, Bazooka , Scout Rifle, Thoarla LG(or keep his stock) Steel Rider if you have the slotted version. Hd is whatever. Prioritized mobility.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:07 pm

ziix wrote:
Fireflywater wrote:

I barely tune stuff.

Then you can start now.

40 FLY for a SDCer Big Mountainz, then rest into TEC

Dunno about snailbot. (I'd rather go with destructor Neutral )

Cannonballer is good as a stock bot, I dunno about him either. He's manly though.

Way ahead of you.

Spoiler:

The flint is for rapid response to oncoming airs, and 38 is the last breakpoint for FLY, so no point tuning to 40 anymore. I kept WLK at 1 but if you want to use tengu BS for your takeoffs then feel free to tank it to 0. It did use a few more Midoros than I'd like but you don't need all that TEC beyond 20 or so.
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:14 pm

Trill wrote:
Big Mountaiz: Your going to want fly at a minimum of 30. You'll need 15 or so tough iirc. Aside from SDC which is a must, try Negatron Rifle. He's not a frontline attacker like Seraphs and such. If you don't do heavy tuning, I'd honestly stay away from them UC large airs. S air bots

Canonballer: Crabberoid LG/Ace Braver LG, HD unsure.

Snailbot: Accel Saber AM, Bazooka , Scout Rifle, Thoarla LG(or keep his stock) Steel Rider if you have the slotted version. Hd is whatever. Prioritized mobility.
@BM (heh): Jeeze, 30 fly from that guy! He has a low natural FLY. Seriously. SDC, don't have yet. Negatron, done.

@CB: Crabberoid, done. HD is Mechled because +2 TEC and looks nice.

@SB: I chose Hoverion over Accel because Hoverion increases WLK by 1, Accel increases STR by 1. Don't have Thoarla LGs yet. HD is destructor I think because +2 TEC. Or was it Locomotive X?

Thanks for the feedback everyone. But, I barely tune up parts because of how expensive, time consuming, and disappointing it can be. It would be alot better if slots don't break. Slot protectors are RT only, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:49 pm

I'll give some builds for big mountaiz and snailbot after epoch. There isn't really anything to cannonballer beyond "be annoying and shoot things without drawing attention to yourself".
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:06 pm

If you want to avoid heavy tuning; Seraph is your best bet. Wing Amj's + Tentrion AM's can easily boost her into the 30's, and comes with great 3s LG, and 2 3s AM. I'm assuming your new, so if this is all obvious, sorry. If you do buy Thoarla, and don't plan on tuning, just leave it on her. She has a lot better fly than BM iirc, and has Jupitzer, which I actually like ;^; Build her like I mentioned above for BM. Give her Tengu BS. Spam Jupitzer at bumrushing lands who get binded/stunlocked. I took her internals, since I didn't tune mine, and have liked it. Play her like an art with added fly , focusing on lands instead of air.
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:27 pm

Trill wrote:
If you want to avoid heavy tuning; Seraph is your best bet. Wing Amj's + Tentrion AM's can easily boost her into the 30's, and comes with great 3s LG, and 2 3s AM. I'm assuming your new, so if this is all obvious, sorry. If you do buy Thoarla, and don't plan on tuning, just leave it on her. She has a lot better fly than BM iirc, and has Jupitzer, which I actually like ;^; Build her like I mentioned above for BM. Give her Tengu BS. Spam Jupitzer at bumrushing lands who get binded/stunlocked. I took her internals, since I didn't tune mine, and have liked it. Play her like an art with added fly , focusing on lands instead of air.
Trill, broskie, this doesn't help. I have an Izuna with 30 fly and no tunes. Armed with a Viper Shield and Beam MG. I do well with her in PvP. But that's all beside the point. I wanted Big Mountaiz tips. I can add Tengu AMs to him to increase FLY by 2 but decrease TEC and STR by 2 and increase the size of BM. I can put Crim LGs on him (they're M sized for some reason) to increase my FLY and STR by 2, but decrease WLK and TGH by 1 and they also reduce size. This comes at the cost of 60 HP and looking odd. Thoarla Nimbus LGs would be my best bet for LGs on this guy that I know of. I can attach another booster on him to increase FLY further. Problem? I don't HAVE a Thoarla, nor the funds to buy one.

My RT right now is at 10. I'm resting free RT for some time for offers to pile up. I feel stupid being garatrolled. I rolled Moe Gara 5 times, got a Laz Rush, which I wanted. A spike shield, whom use I have yet to find. A Misty Hollow SIN, whom I didn't want. AND 2 FREAKING MEDI AIDES. I could've used those funds to get a Thaorla...
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:55 am

Whoops, forgot about this thread, sorry D:

Example Big Mountaiz build, using no Rt parts:

Spoiler:

Since some of the parts would need to be farmed from missions and others from friendship rewards or arena, 38 fly should be the main priority. All the tec is just icing on the cake. You can substitute 2~3 slot tengu arms for the Cyberoid arms if you don't want to waste time farming missions; tengu arms come up as a friendship reward quite frequently, while slotted Cyberoid arms can be a rather rare mission drop.

I apparently don't know much about building a snailbot, or at least can't remember the old build I had made up for him. My apologies.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:21 am

I only ever take out my snail when it's time for a tundra wall match.

His internals got nerfed, badly.
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:59 pm

knyx wrote:

I swear, CyberStep can't balance for crap. Lasers, they were nerfed to the point of useless. Snailbot could hit almost anything, post nerf, the slightest enemy movement and he perfectly dodges it. Shame too.

Anywho, thanks for the info everyone. I'll try to get my Big Mountaiz's FLY stat up. I should annoy with Cannon Baller. And focus on WLK/FLY for Snailbot. Though, tuning up may be required. Without spending RT. How can I make the process of tuning less depressing? If there were no broken slots ever, I would be alright for tuning up.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:10 pm

Fireflywater wrote:
knyx wrote:

I swear, CyberStep can't balance for crap. Lasers, they were nerfed to the point of useless. Snailbot could hit almost anything, post nerf, the slightest enemy movement and he perfectly dodges it. Shame too.

Anywho, thanks for the info everyone. I'll try to get my Big Mountaiz's FLY stat up. I should annoy with Cannon Baller. And focus on WLK/FLY for Snailbot. Though, tuning up may be required. Without spending RT. How can I make the process of tuning less depressing? If there were no broken slots ever, I would be alright for tuning up.
this is what i do when tuning
i just do tunes that are only 50% or higher
if a tune is less than 50% even with the uc harmonics 10% bonus thing i don't even do the tune unless it is a tune I either really need or have multiple replacements of the same thing i am tuning on

also tunes for certain parts have higher percentage rates than the same tune on another part

like putting a tune on a weapon vs. putting it on your unit's leg
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:18 pm

BNOISE wrote:
Fireflywater wrote:
knyx wrote:

this is what i do when tuning
i just do tunes that are only 50% or higher
if a tune is less than 50% even with the uc harmonics 10% bonus thing i don't even do the tune unless it is a tune I either really need or have multiple replacements of the same thing i am tuning on

also tunes for certain parts have higher percentage rates than the same tune on another part

like putting a tune on a weapon vs. putting it on your unit's leg

Nope.avi, the only thing that affects the base % is how many tunes you've succeeded previously on the same part. Though people like to reserve the legs for capa/revenge tunes.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:31 pm

knyx wrote:

Nope.avi, the only thing that affects the base % is how many tunes you've succeeded previously on the same part. Though people like to reserve the legs for capa/revenge tunes.
Is that how it is?
I just figured it was different cause I kept tuning my shotguns with different tunes till they had only 1 slot left and then switched over to tuning my arms and saw it was different.
Never actually realized it was cause of the slots.

Well in that case tune the things you need most like great boost or great str tunes.
And then tune the other tunes.
So even if they fail, your main tune remains making your bot remain semi useful.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:34 pm

Never tune greats, costs too much, always go with high tune alphas.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:45 pm

knyx wrote:
I reckon it depends on the unit.
But most uc players don't have that many slots to get the stats they desire unless they go to drastic measures and go for the higher cost tunes.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 8:36 pm

BNOISE wrote:
knyx wrote:
I reckon it depends on the unit.
But most uc players don't have that many slots to get the stats they desire unless they go to drastic measures and go for the higher cost tunes.

True, though it's a choice between stats or weapon selection.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 8:36 pm

Fireflywater wrote:
How can I make the process of tuning less depressing? If there were no broken slots ever, I would be alright for tuning up.
Get backup parts. Most UC bots have 2-3 slot parts available as drops or as friendship rewards, farming plenty of backup parts is vital. I've got plenty of fully-tuned bots and haven't spent a cent on tuning.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 8:37 pm

Suguri wrote:
Fireflywater wrote:
How can I make the process of tuning less depressing? If there were no broken slots ever, I would be alright for tuning up.
Get backup parts. Most UC bots have 2-3 slot parts available as drops or as friendship rewards, farming plenty of backup parts is vital. I've got plenty of fully-tuned bots and haven't spent a cent on tuning.

40 fly bee Embarassed

I want one o3o
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:22 pm

The chance of tune success depends on the type of tunes and the amount of tunes on the current part.

Great tunes start with a 55% chance, bumped up to 65% through use of Cosmo Harmonic Alpha (UC)

High tunes start at 45% and are bumped up to 55%

After each consecutive part tune, the chance drops 10%

My rule of thumb; Great tune mobility once for each first slot(highest chance for success, better to succeed a +3 IMO) for accesories, and stuff until desired stat. If you don't reach the stat you want, attempt to tune 2nd slots,replacing the possible broken parts you broke a first slot on by any chance. I tend to be more careful on unlocked parts. Try to tune the core parts first, as junking will erase failed tunes.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:24 pm

Using an alpha/beta/gamma tune also adds another +10% success rate. Part of the reason you should always use alpha/beta tunes (the other part being cosst:stat ratio).
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptyTue May 24, 2011 6:59 pm

If snailbot retains that pre-nerfed multimissile....IF!
But too bad it got nerf badly till you aren't landing any hits at all unless the target isn't moving. Plus lacking a BS slot and natural low starting stats. You'll need to go through a lot of trouble to build a good one out. Which most people forsake it and go for the all round better wise which is also UC readily avaliable destructor.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. EmptyTue May 24, 2011 10:34 pm

priskern wrote:
If snailbot retains that pre-nerfed multimissile....IF!
But too bad it got nerf badly till you aren't landing any hits at all unless the target isn't moving. Plus lacking a BS slot and natural low starting stats. You'll need to go through a lot of trouble to build a good one out. Which most people forsake it and go for the all round better wise which is also UC readily avaliable destructor.

You kind of need a thoarla LG if you want any kind of customization.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.   I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller. Empty

Back to top Go down

I need advice for Big Mountaiz, Snailbot, and Cannon Baller.
Page 1 of 1