Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Melfi and Melfi-chan

Go down 
+16
Priskern
Xel_Naga
Intet
Suguri
knyx
NovaZero
reVelske
Nisa
Hyoka
NeWIZ
CapeMike
Iseal
FireKiller87
ziix
ngelicdark
Nihil679
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:25 pm

Nihil679 wrote:
The Arrow Rain under Hyper Shot does not make it significantly faster, but I guess you can feel it. However, it's not enough to make it spammable enough to lock people in(thank god), so Melfi is still very much a defensive unit and offense support rather than full offense.

Arrow Rain's AoE is very large, though. Given enough distance, a decent Melfi player, while not able to stop an incoming player, could slow down their approach by continually spamming locked Arrow Rains. In addition to doing plenty of damage(even with low force, the large area lets you hit a lot more targets), the fact that Arrow Rain launches targets into the air lets missile-wielding ARTs make full use of their weaponry, and also temporarily immobilizes the targets(basically anything with crappy FLY gets screwed cuz they can't move quickly in the air), letting your team easily target and take out any stragglers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 3:38 am

Melfi-chan is a collectable, the attacks do jackshit and are severely cut down to size.
You can only get a maximum damage of 4 per hit, and most of the time you'll only hits 1's and 2's.
To make matters worse, the Arrow Rain can only be done 40 times.
My advice? Save your RT, and roll the Royal Garapon for the cool weapons.
If you want to buy Melfi-chan, she's alright as a bot to go run around with (and she can't go planking/face-planting)
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:54 am

Anyone tested what melfi-chan's internal does? I leveled it to 5 and grab both avaliable ones other then magic circle ammo increase, I can't see a major differences in any other stuff.
The arrow rain does gets a better "effect" though when they hit the ground, but no increase in speed/force/lower int etc, so I am still skeptical about getting the remaining 2 (will not be anytime soon though, since I am running low on UC lately and starcoin can't purchase limit breakers when it don't restock).
Back to top Go down
Dune
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Dune

Male Posts : 1071

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 6:44 am

Melfi-chan's internals only add 1 ammo to circle each time.. NOTHING ELSE changes :<

Yeah I picked up a Melfi-chan, with what I heard about this garatroll I had no hope of getting the actual Melfi or a gold ball.. (I've still yet to get any of the sugoi girls, missed out on albatros and several other do-want bots but meh.. oh well thats how cyberstep trolls us less fortunate players)
Back to top Go down
rehpic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
rehpic

Male Posts : 219

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:55 pm

this may seem far fetched but

since melfi's arrow rain is a sub, can you slow tune it? o3o

just asking since i never had one D:
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:57 pm

rehpic wrote:
this may seem far fetched but

since melfi's arrow rain is a sub, can you slow tune it? o3o

just asking since i never had one D:

Effect tunes only work for weapons used in melee combat.
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

Male Posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:40 pm

None of Melfi's weapons are tunable save for her Granted Bow's main, which is Repair Arrow.
Obviously, Force is pointless and useless. Range is horrible. Speed is just dumb. And Supply is only good when you use either Supply or Great Suppy, giving +1 or +2 respectively.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nihil679
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 11:55 pm

Nihil679 wrote:
None of Melfi's weapons are tunable save for her Granted Bow's main, which is Repair Arrow.
Obviously, Force is pointless and useless. Range is horrible. Speed is just dumb. And Supply is only good when you use either Supply or Great Suppy, giving +1 or +2 respectively.
I'd say that Range would actually be somewhat useful if you tune for -Speed. It lets you hit people from farther away(able to restore HP to people who are normally too far away for Melfi to strike).

Melfi's not meant to be a full-force fighter with her bow. That's probably Elisalotte's role. Melfi strikes me more as a hybrid-able to alternate between combat and healing/support effectively. In this case, I'd think healing/support is more viable on Melfi than is straight combat.
If you wanna tune weapons, give her a bazooka(since she can't really use Handy iirc, get her a minizooka or something like that) or something with high Force, get her a buckler or viper shield, and go nuts. A Buckler would probably provide enough protection for somebody of Melfi's size, although a Viper Shield would completely cover her.
I would tune +stats on her bow instead, instead of Main Weapon tunes(except maybe for Range or Supply if you use Repair Arrow a lot). I'd probably go with STR/TEC, followed by a High or Great Range tune.
Then emphasize whatever mobility stat you feel like, and TA-DA! Your Melfi is good to go.
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 1:02 am

I'm using Flint Musket and Handy Magnum, bazookas don't bid well for me in terms of cost and stats.

Tuning Melfi for anything BUT stats is pointless. You're also better off tuning for WLK, she lacks a Float Dash to make use of her natural FLY.
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 11:36 pm

Update:
Melfi is free kill. Enjoy having zero defense options and not being able to Arrow Rain spam all match because Niggerstep.

Blow Arrow, for lack of better words to describe it, blows. Enjoy it never hitting anything unless that guy is a moron and runs right at you. Even then, enjoy getting hit anyways because it's slow as shit for instant-escape.
Repair Arrow is utterly lacking in munitions, its cooldown is humongous, and its homing makes missiles vs. Seraph look like Aquila Girl's homing blasters. Do you like watching Repair Arrow spin around your target uselessly? Good fun.
Arrow Rain has zero homing, fixed distance, and utterly random and sporadic shots. Unless you jump. Then it moves landing slightly, but still useless. Damage is great--- on fat things that are standing still. It's AoE is amazing, but no one is going to stand around to get hit unless you're in Epoch or raiding a healing circle (lol). It also has humongous cooldown. With universal subweapon cooldown, hahaha piece of shit.
Her starting capacity is utter shit. This only means her end capacity is even worse. And it almost is.
Her cartridges are mediocre. They are somewhere between being full support to offensive, meaning they suck. Tough Wonder Bit? Wonder Rate Up? Really? Fucking really? And Stealth System? Stun Regain? What the fuck are they trying to tell us?
Her Mode Change is slow. Enough said.
Back to top Go down
mintehh
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 5:49 am

doing fine with my melfi.. i just mostly pocket heal my friend who runs vf and ouka.

【Robot Name】
Melfi

【Parts】
BD: Melfi BD
 WB: Repair Bit
 LG: Melfi LG [High Run Alpha] [High Run Beta] [High Run Beta]
 HD: Melfi HD [High Run Beta] [High Run Beta] [High Run Alpha]
  HDAC: Calico Cat Ears
  FCAC: Autumn Earrings
 BS: A. Maid BS [High Run Beta] [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha]
 AM: Melfi AM [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha]
  WP: Granted Bow
  WP: Military Gun [High Supply] [High Supply] [Supply]
 AM: Melfi AM2
  WP: -

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 補
SIZE: S
COST: 1120
CAPA: 1125
HP: 372
STR: 7
TEC: 8
WLK: 40
FLY: 4
TGH: 13

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +70×6
Blast Guard
Short Boost
Quick Jump
Quick Land

【必要素材】
Fudara Cosmos×11
Ones Cosmos×1
Twode Cosmos×2
Blue Chip×25
Green Chip×85
Engine Shaft×79
Drum Magazine×22
Snail Liquid×57
Prism Glass×22

---

military gun supplies are supposed to be on the bow (+3 shots for 35 cost)

anyway, the military gun isn't really needed, but i like it for chasing random units since it does good dmg, and it's low ammo isn't really a problem with melfi.. short boost+40 walk is really annoying to kill. i just use arrow rain whenever i'm not getting shot or when i'm not doing much. once i run out of heal ammo, i just ask/hunt for one, or go hop with a military gun, lol..
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 8:16 am

Like VF trumps bots in melée, Melfi trumps healers.

Not only can she farm tree's(15 cost for a handgun isn't that bad), she can instant heal people and stop strong players from dying, and get them back in the fight quickly. Melfi obviously has a leg up on support bots.

Arrow Rain seems like something to use on a PS to upset and damage them right before you send the land types.

I've hit quite a few people with blow arrow on chibi Melfi, but it is still almost impossible. I think it should push farther back. The can cover the distance they're pushed before the shot recharges.
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:14 am

Blow Arrow is the worst feature on Melfi. It doesn't matter if it's chibi version or not, it's just bad. Not only does it need further pushback, it needs longer range and not retarded aiming. Simply moving it to main weapon would solve the aim problem, but apparently that would be too OP for some people (bullshit).

You know you can save yourself some tuning (and TEC) if you keep your WLK somewhere about 33 to 36 as a hopper? 40 is purely luxury now.

Pretty sure High Supply will do the same shit as Supply, but that's just me.

Since I've posted nothing but salt, here's half a worth of information for Arrow Rain spammers like me, useful if you're getting Broad Radar (until your fragile HD breaks).

Outside of jumping for its shitty homing (try it in training arena), Arrow Rain's volley placement is fixed, show here in red circles.
Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 QIt8E
As you see on the radar, its placement is somewhere at half the radius of your radar.

That being said, spinning around yields the same result area.
Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 CB1cq
Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 QPNqe

Height also does nothing to change it, and if you jump shot (unless someone is there to move the targeting), it will shoot in the same spot.
Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 Ccubp
Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 COOY3
Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 Bc0Oh

Example of moving Arrow Rains. Do note this shit is absolutely fucking random and ridiculously stupid to get it to do all the time, so don't rely on it. It doesn't even work on trees close to you either.
Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 VbNxv
Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 8Tayf
Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 Kc1iq
Back to top Go down
mintehh
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 5:11 pm

high+high+regular supply is 25%, rounds up to 3 shots
high+2 regular=20%, 2 shots
3 highs=30%, 3 shots
2 high+1 great=35%, 4 shots, but 25 more cost than 3 shots
3 greats=5 shots.. but really expensive (90 cost)

besides.. whats the point of tuning tec on melfi, lol.. its either ammo, wlk or tgh. i could drop 2 HRA tune ups to get 1 more shot, but i actually don't have autumn earrings (using +1 wlk 1 slot) so i'd only have 20 of the 25 cost needed for a great to replace my regular supply

not to mention that you'd need like 13 tech to get 1 force increase with my weapons, and i want to keep str/tec close. for aiming with blow arrow, instead of just trying to point and shoot, i just strafe until the reticule is over them, so it actually comes out at the reticule instead of wherever i'm facing (since it takes some time for your bot to turn, and it fires wherever you're facing)
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 9:04 pm

Point taken.
Build.
http://koi-sama.net/cb/?Ma%20%26BDgSS26hWBgFA2hLGgublguclACg88hFCACg30hBSgS50mnudm3kue@R5kBZnufj5kHG15%233*6i17i20i22i32|elfi|ndefined|ndefined|ndefined|ndefined|ndefined|%3A|%7C|%2C|@R5iR|hWPg|j5hHD|@R3iR|3hAMg

Blow Arrow's problem isn't just aiming
shields block it, and most melees (save Vanguard) have a shield of some kind
range sucks, Handy Magnums outrange it
it can't aim up, hwo2hitflying
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:08 pm

Nihil679 wrote:
Point taken.
Build.
http://koi-sama.net/cb/?Ma%20%26BDgSS26hWBgFA2hLGgublguclACg88hFCACg30hBSgS50mnudm3kue@R5kBZnufj5kHG15%233*6i17i20i22i32|elfi|ndefined|ndefined|ndefined|ndefined|ndefined|%3A|%7C|%2C|@R5iR|hWPg|j5hHD|@R3iR|3hAMg

Blow Arrow's problem isn't just aiming
shields block it, and most melees (save Vanguard) have a shield of some kind
range sucks, Handy Magnums outrange it
it can't aim up, hwo2hitflying

Don't use it. 5 Force, 100 ammo?
I haven't used Melfi, but a combo attack(Blow Arrow + Arrow Rain + ally missile support if possible) comes to mind. Blow tosses the target away, Arrow Rain forces the target into the air, ally missile support has good homing thx to target's airborne status and blasts the shit out of the target(anything with 4+ missiles that have high force, speed, and possibly range is good for this).

This is my projected build:
Ma%20%26BDgSS26hWBgFA3hLGgubjB4hHDguc@T7iT1hHDACg90hFCACg31hBSgS48jT4ldjB4kuekHG27@RP3lf@T4iT4kHG15%233*6i14i20i28i32|elfi|ndefined|ndefined|ndefined|ndefined|ndefined|%3A|%7C|%2C|@B5i|hWPg|hAMgu

I'm not getting Main Weapon tunes on Granted Bow, so I'd go with the High Supply + High Supply + Supply(dunno if this follows normal rounding, if it does I'd cut the 2nd High Supply to normal), which gives me 3 extra Heal Arrow shots for 35 cost.

A solution to keeping Melfi-chan in the game is to tune her HD's first slot for Eternal. It's costly though(55 cost) and has a 55% chance of success, which isn't great.
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 11:21 pm

Erh, forgive me, but my computer is retarded and can't load builds on calculator for some god awful reason. I can run it and everything, just can't load any type of inputs or saved files.

As for the combo attack, it... works, but realize that you're going to have to have Arrow Rain on, hold E to shoot Blow Arrow at someone (take into consideration you're also trying to keep yourself from getting hit by moving), then let go and hope they don't run fast enough before you let out an Arrow Rain.
It works well, in training arena at least. I don't think it will be very applicable to players though.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 4:54 pm

Nihil679 wrote:
Erh, forgive me, but my computer is retarded and can't load builds on calculator for some god awful reason. I can run it and everything, just can't load any type of inputs or saved files.

As for the combo attack, it... works, but realize that you're going to have to have Arrow Rain on, hold E to shoot Blow Arrow at someone (take into consideration you're also trying to keep yourself from getting hit by moving), then let go and hope they don't run fast enough before you let out an Arrow Rain.
It works well, in training arena at least. I don't think it will be very applicable to players though.

I agree with what you're saying. I'd think it would work better on larger groups than individuals, on the logic that larger groups struck by Blow Arrow will be tightly squished together, all attempting to escape, yes? If they're all trying to run at the same time, they'll bump into each other, and being bumped into by an ally, iirc, makes your bot immobile for a split second, which is all that you need to activate Arrow Rain. Factoring in Arrow Rain's large area of attack, and you're very likely to make at least one direct strike: perfect fodder for ally missile strikes.

EDIT: Of course, this is assuming that the enemy players in question panic for a split second and try to smash through their allies. Skilled players will probably lift off and fly away quickly, but you still have time(about a quarter to half-second) to strike with Arrow Rain before they can escape if the player(s) in question don't have Quick Jump.
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:11 pm

I don't think Blow Arrow has that big of a splash to do something like that, does it?
I hardly never use it, so I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:34 pm

As far as I'm aware Blow Arrow doesn't have splash at all.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:09 pm

Suguri wrote:
As far as I'm aware Blow Arrow doesn't have splash at all.
Guess I'll be trying to catch multiple enemies with a single arrow.
I haven't seen any Melfi use Blow Arrow. If the area of effect's large enough, you could catch multiple enemies and launch the Arrow Rain combo, but if it doesn't then we can just forget it.
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:22 pm

It has splash, but it's REALLY REALLY bad. Worse than Melfi's Repair Arrow splash.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:25 pm

How large is the area of effect? Is it smaller or larger than a Hurricane Blow?
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:58 pm

A lot less than Hurricane Blow. Do realize, it's not a giant suction cup that fires from your bow. Put simply, it's a straight (no aiming or anything) shot arrow, meaning the projectile size is something like a shooter (Cross Shooter, Ballista, etc.) weapon, with an added "windpush" effect. It barely makes it bigger though. If it hits, it splashes like an explosive weapon (except it's not). This is most likely to counter Wonder Bits that guard enemies, but like I said, it still gets blocked and its splash is pretty damn bad.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:58 pm

And note that on top of that, it also has a bit of startup time and only 150 range.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melfi and Melfi-chan   Melfi and Melfi-chan - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Melfi and Melfi-chan
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next