Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Move stats and where to stop

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Move stats and where to stop - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move stats and where to stop   Move stats and where to stop - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 11:01 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
AKA as a LND no matter if you got both 40 WLK AND Boost Run (the fastest you can go, and Boost Run/40 wlk isn't even that much faster than plain 40 WLK) and they have your sights on you...

You're dead meat bruddah.

There's no winning that -_-
Max boost run speed is approximately (maybe slightly faster than?) Shaden speed.

Of course, nobody tunes 40 wlk 17 fly, so.
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Move stats and where to stop   Move stats and where to stop - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:21 am

Nice contribution.

But...does short boost and float dash get a noticeable improvement (cooldown and lenght) as raw mobility when reaching those breakpoints? All I know is higher WLK decreases time between each and higher FLY increases distance. It will be interesting to know which amount of each to target when tuning up a hopper.
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268

PostSubject: Re: Move stats and where to stop   Move stats and where to stop - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:38 am

If I bothered to learn to use a 'zooka and equipped one, I could probably kill about 75% of the AGs I come across. Sway spamming is really effective if you keep the AG in your sights. It's the ones that actually equip WEAPONS that kill me fast.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Move stats and where to stop   Move stats and where to stop - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 1:10 am

Turkeysaur wrote:
Nice contribution.

But...does short boost and float dash get a noticeable improvement (cooldown and lenght) as raw mobility when reaching those breakpoints? All I know is higher WLK decreases time between each and higher FLY increases distance. It will be interesting to know which amount of each to target when tuning up a hopper.
There's no solid data on it that I know of, but JP seems to suggest you can just reverse the wlk and fly values for float dash.

Short Boost is equally affected by each stat, but I haven't noticed a significant difference between even 25 wlk and 40 fly in hop length, so.
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: Move stats and where to stop   Move stats and where to stop - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 1:11 am

I thought that Short Boost was 100% WLK based, unless you had under 1 FLY in which case you just hopped lower.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Move stats and where to stop   Move stats and where to stop - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:08 am

That's indeed what Vyo said. But maybe that is outdated.

To my observations, the only ones that get a noticeable distance and height in their hops are AIR hoppers (for that extended boost gauge) and quick jump hoppers. Apart from that, don't see anything to suggest otherwise.

Float dash bit is interesting. However the only float dasher I currently own is my EVE and she's not gonna be up to 40 FLY w/e WLK to test that anytime soon -_-
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: Move stats and where to stop   Move stats and where to stop - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 3:45 pm

Quick Jump AIR unit+Short Boost=AIR unit jump height hops? Seems to me when my hopper Laz with Quick Jump started hopping, it hit the height ceiling before the point of the hop where it would be highest.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Move stats and where to stop   Move stats and where to stop - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 4:36 pm

Iseal wrote:
I thought that Short Boost was 100% WLK based, unless you had under 1 FLY in which case you just hopped lower.
If it were, I'd have some hoppers that shouldn't be functioning at all, of three different types (art, air, support).

Also, 0 fly and 0 wlk have the same effect on hops.

@jump height conversation: Quick Jump makes your hop heights go up to 2.5 bars in height, which is type independent to the best of my knowledge, thus allowing non-airs to jump higher than normal. It's not quite max air height though.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Move stats and where to stop   Move stats and where to stop - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 9:43 pm

ngelicdark wrote:

To my observations, the only ones that get a noticeable distance and height in their hops are AIR hoppers (for that extended boost gauge) and quick jump hoppers. Apart from that, don't see anything to suggest otherwise.

So yeah, it does get a height increase since "hopping" is technically a short flight into the air.

Now the more important question is, what influences WLK vs. FLY on short boost... Before Vyo's statements, I've always thought that WLK determined the distance the hop went, while FLY determined duration/height (aside from quick jump). Is that true?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Move stats and where to stop   Move stats and where to stop - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Move stats and where to stop
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2