Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gundam?

Go down 
+7
Lyala
Infinity8
boytitan2
Priskern
reVelske
ziix
choppymek
11 posters
AuthorMessage
choppymek
choppymek

Male Posts : 33

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:47 pm

So ive been thinking of starting to watch the gundam series (dont hate on me for never having seen it) and i was wondering if there are many seasons or something , and if so , wich one should i watch first. Also, does anyone have a link to a page where i can watch them online? preferably in english(subs or dub)
Back to top Go down

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 3:04 am

Watch Gundam SEED, Gundam 00. SEED has 50 episodes per season which is 100 episodes all together if you count the second season called SEED Destiny, and 00 has 25 episodes per season (50 episodes in total) and a Movie.
SEED consists of teen drama and loads of character development, which may be off putting to some. Plus, the story line is similar to the original Gundam Series.
00 is a completely radical and new niche of Gundam. It gets rid of the stereotype of Gundams vs Zakus and throws it all out the window. Instead of Zakus you get Flags, Aheads, Tierens, GN-X's and other custom non-zaku mechas.
Unfortunately I know nothing about the other series of Gundam because I don't have time to burn on watching these.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 3:18 am

Mobile suit gundam- The original gundam series.
Gundam wing
Gundam Seed/Destiny
Gundam 00

There's a bunch, really. Check out the gundam wiki for more.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 5:17 am

If you want to watch retarded soapie filled with emo teen drama and mecha battles that are overdramatic, watch wing/SEED/00, both wing and SEED are what I consider the starting point at which the gundam franchise begin to go completely downhill. If you want to watch something with a lot more emphasis on the actual war and less on the teen fucking drama, watch the UC gundams, Mobile Suit Gundam and Gundam Zeta, Gundam ZZ and V Gundam are pretty slow shows considering how old they are and might not suit everyone's taste, but the others (0080, 0083, Char's Counterattack, 8th MS Team) should be well enjoyable.

INB4ANGRYSEEDWINGFANBOYS

Last edited by reVelske on Wed May 18, 2011 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 5:34 am

Oh, and the Gundam Unicorn OVA, but there are only 3 episodes Sad
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:18 pm

Mobile Suit Gundam (Includes 08 MS squadon, 0080 War in the pocket) => Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Stardust memories => Mobile Suit Z Gundam (2 version here, original older version is canon while the remake OVA version is non canon) => Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam => Mobile Suit Gundam Char's Counter Attack (Movie, a must watch) => Mobile Suit Gundam UC Unicorn (newest series, only 3 OVA out now, don't watch the novel if you don't wanna spoil yourself) => Mobile Suit Gundam F91 (Another movie, not as climax as char's counterattack but battles are still intense) => Mobile Suit V Gundam (Tomino Yoshiyuki tried to create a harem show but end up so dark that almost every major character with "face" ends up dead >.>)

These sums up the UC ERA in correct order that you should watch. Though some are newer that ends up between older timeline (like stardust memories is created after z gundam, unicorn gundam being newest).

Mobile Fighter G Gundam -- Very Hotblooded like some kungfu anime where you see gundams (yes in here everthing in major combat are gundams, all are gundams, even weird looking ones) fighting each other. This is the most flashy series out of the whole lot, including moves shouting, battle aura, super moves, any other thing you find in fighting games will end up here.

New Mobile Report Wing Gundam & Endless Waltz -- both plot line are quite furbish and complete. Though in actual the redesign version of the Gundams that feature in the movie are actually the very same gundams that appears in the later part of the original anime series.

Mobile New Century Gundam X is another good one, too bad the anime version plot got rushed ended up very chaotic, the plot is quite hard to understand in the beginning though, and it's more like a romance series then actual SciFic fantasy series.

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED -- a lot of tribute to previous series, with stuff like gundamjacking etc. IF the series on itself ends here, it will be good, but too bad...

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny -- it all crumbles here when that Immortal looks up into the sky and almost has his girlfriend assasinated. The only other series(the other one being war in the pocket) that ends with the INTENDED main character being defeated FLAWLESSLY. Still if you like flashy shows go ahead. (Plot holes etc, please read the sidestory series Astray)

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 -- Newest series not counting unicorn, broken down into 2 season though, (like LXE said, 25 episode each). Plot wise is alright and completed though their meaning of fighting is a bit lame, but leaves a lot of plotholes that covered in the mangas side stories.(and believe me, manga's main char is so imbal, it completely outshadow the main chars in the anime) The series itself continues into the movie Awakening of the Trailbrazer where it becomes Resident Evil gundam ver.!

These concludes the alternate ERA. You can watch these in anyorder since they don't continues into another other then it's own series unlike the UC ERA.

and...AFTER you watch those above...
Turn A Gundam or ∀ Gundam -- be it the 50 episode long anime series or the 2 movie length compiled version. The most imbal Gundam out of any series, every previous ERA will ends here.
Back to top Go down

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 5:31 pm

SEED is actually quite similar to the original series, but with better graphics, and a slightly different storyline and plot. Targeted at mostly the young teenaged audience. I personally like it because without the teen drama, I won't be watching it. Teen drama is for teenagers.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptySun May 22, 2011 12:05 am

as one of thje biggest animes fans here tryna get to over 200 animes watched currenty stuck on 198

Let me explain how gundam series works

there are multiple gundam universes

for gundam uc start with the original gundam it is very old school Cool Cool and u should end with the gundam unicorn series

gundam wing is the second gundam universe and best if u ask me start with wing gundam and in with endles wlats

3rduniverse is g gundam a diff take on gundam liked alot

4th universe is gundam seed seed (kinda crap I dropped it sorry)

5th is gundam 00 better than seed but not touching the uc gundams or wing

also theres turn A gundamc I still cant find the episodes to this series Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad also turn a is the most powerful and ahx gundam along with turn x its special power litteraly lets it destroy all othr technology it destroyed earth pretty much and forced humans to live on mars

U can find every thing but turn a gundam for subed or dubbed stream on good anime.net
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptySun May 22, 2011 3:16 am

Turn A Gundam (the gundam) is awesome! It has a MUSTACHE, and a CROTCH COCKpit.
Back to top Go down

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:10 am

ziix wrote:
Turn A Gundam (the gundam) is awesome! It has a MUSTACHE, and a CROTCH COCKpit.
So manly. And it is litterally a COCKpit.
Back to top Go down
Infinity8
Newcomer
Newcomer
Infinity8

Male Posts : 11

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 5:07 pm

LXE wrote:
SEED is actually quite similar to the original series, but with better graphics
If you're talking about the mechanical objects, yes. But if I recall correctly, SEED's character animation consistency was on par with 0079.

That being said. OP, I am biased, but I advise staying away from AU series. UC era has awesome, well-developed characters who are often staples to understanding references in tons of other anime/manga.
In this sense, if you just want to test out the waters without having to do too much research into the backstory, I suggest 08th MS team - it's short and it provides a storyline that is relatively separate from the rest of the UC series.
But really, I suggest just starting from the beginning: Mobile Suit Gundam (0079).
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:40 pm

Infinity8 wrote:
LXE wrote:
SEED is actually quite similar to the original series, but with better graphics
If you're talking about the mechanical objects, yes. But if I recall correctly, SEED's character animation consistency was on par with 0079.

That being said. OP, I am biased, but I advise staying away from AU series. UC era has awesome, well-developed characters who are often staples to understanding references in tons of other anime/manga.
In this sense, if you just want to test out the waters without having to do too much research into the backstory, I suggest 08th MS team - it's short and it provides a storyline that is relatively separate from the rest of the UC series.
But really, I suggest just starting from the beginning: Mobile Suit Gundam (0079).

already adivised him to watch every other gundam series except seed seed is bad

and to start with gundam and end with gundam unicorn for the uc series
Back to top Go down
Lyala
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Lyala

Male Posts : 118

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:41 pm

you should just go from the oldest version and follow the UC calendar =P as the early one are somewhat linked
Back to top Go down
Infinity8
Newcomer
Newcomer
Infinity8

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 7:15 pm

boytitan2 wrote:

SEED is not worse than 00.

Lyala wrote:
you should just go from the oldest version and follow the UC calendar =P as the early one are somewhat linked
And don't forget MS Igloo!

Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Infinity8 wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:

SEED is not worse than 00.

how do u double quote ppl 0_o

second No seed was shit from start 00 first season was great then second was just ran on shit and the movie is some shit Im not gona bother watching
Back to top Go down
Infinity8
Newcomer
Newcomer
Infinity8

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Do you mean quote two people? If so, then just write another set of quote tags in your post.

I don't particularly like anything non-UC so I won't really argue. But I do agree that I was able to get through the first season of 00 but couldn't do more than two episodes of the second season.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:21 pm

Gundamn!
Back to top Go down
Reborns
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Reborns

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 9:16 am

Nyeh, for me Season 2 of 00 is better than the first one and the movie is great.
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:53 pm

Depends on how serious you wanna get, Gundam is a long endeavor, so starting with a shorter series might be best. Honestly, my favorite Gundam series to date is still 8th MS Team. It's only 13 eps or so, and details tactical ground combat (tactics being something lacking in many Gundam series). Also the human relation drama in it is quite a bit more mature, and gives off more of a Romeo x Juliet feel than highschool drama.

Course, if you're hardcore, then yes, starting with UC is the best rout. There are already excellent suggestions up, so I'll not repeat them.
Back to top Go down
Aethernet
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Aethernet

Male Posts : 109

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 3:48 pm

Think very carefully about why people say watch 0079 first and turn a last.

Its because if you do it the other way around you will realize 0079 is total shit and wont bother to watch the rest.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Aethernet wrote:
Think very carefully about why people say watch 0079 first and turn a last.

Its because if you do it the other way around you will realize 0079 is total shit and wont bother to watch the rest.

LMFAO. exactly tho cause tonami tried going from airing gundam wing one of the top five if not top gundam series to gundam original. To 8th ms team not to smart.Then went and air king mega shit fest gay ass over rated shit fest gundam shit ass shit fest seed.
Back to top Go down

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:32 pm

Reborns wrote:
Nyeh, for me Season 2 of 00 is better than the first one and the movie is great.
DAT NECRO... Shocked

In my opinion, the Gundam 00 Movie had a lame ending, and
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:43 pm

LXE wrote:
Reborns wrote:
DAT NECRO... Shocked

In my opinion, the Gundam 00 Movie had a lame ending, and
Spoiler:

Nice job pointing it out u fucktard now sugus gona lock it.
Back to top Go down

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 9:57 pm

boytitan2 wrote:
Nice job pointing it out u fucktard now sugus gona lock it.
Relevant posts warrants no lock. Plus I didn't report this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gundam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gundam?   Gundam? Empty

Back to top Go down

Gundam?
Page 1 of 1