Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Linear cannon help

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emeraldsun
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Emeraldsun

Male Posts : 385

Linear cannon help Empty
PostSubject: Linear cannon help   Linear cannon help EmptySun May 08, 2011 4:02 am

40 tec + linear cannon and 25 cost to spare before I get sniper sight.

My play style with this particular bot is sniping. Problem is I'm not sure which of the following tunes I should pick or if I should ditch sniper sight and go for high shooter or +4 force(If that would be a noticeable change?) just don't know.

1. High force Beta

2. Great Reach Alpha

3. Great Rapid Beta(If this would do much to a linear cannon? I notice the power spot allows me to fire two shots at once.)

4. Shooter

After any of those I'd still have 5 cost left for a simple tune. I already have 40 tec so that's done already.
I'm not sure which would be more effective. I did recently have Breaker on the cannon but I removed it after finding out why it didn't seem to be increasing my damage...was disappointing.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that what I am normally sniping is airs, I usually do 101~104 each hit, 90 or so for airs with a tiny bit more toughness. I hate air types...I hate my airs too, evil things...all of'em. Always so smug because they think they are safe in the sky, trolling whats on the ground. They need a nice hard explosive hit that will assure their
miserable ends.

Linear cannon does have AoE. Also, every Air I've hitten so far falls on each blow, generally giving me enough time to pop off another charge and hit too. So I'm not worried about them charging at me after a blow, that usually happens when I get snuck up on. If I'm far away enough with sniper sight on they wont know where I shot from anyway, I think? The golden rule of sniping is to often relocate anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/robert.reeves.3591
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

Linear cannon help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear cannon help   Linear cannon help EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:02 am

Shooter tunes fail.

Too much cost.

Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/nisae/
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

Linear cannon help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear cannon help   Linear cannon help EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:33 am

you can choose damage or range

i choose range for my railguns for shoot ppl with a freaking range (448) Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Linear cannon help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear cannon help   Linear cannon help EmptySun May 08, 2011 3:44 pm

High Shooter would make that thing magical. Best tune ever on guns with decent range and speed, it makes things like railguns, ABR, and Raid Rifle that much better.
Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

Male Posts : 981

Linear cannon help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear cannon help   Linear cannon help EmptySun May 08, 2011 5:19 pm

Quote :
I did recently have Breaker on the cannon but I removed it after finding out why it didn't seem to be increasing my damage...was disappointing.

teach me!! I have it on a weapon and it's doesnt work.. dont know the reason!!! no more damage!! I got trolled!

If you are sniper then ADD range + speed... that would do it! (but I would use rail gun, can shot faster and have more range!!!)
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

Linear cannon help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear cannon help   Linear cannon help EmptySun May 08, 2011 5:26 pm

@DarkChuky wrote:
Quote :
I did recently have Breaker on the cannon but I removed it after finding out why it didn't seem to be increasing my damage...was disappointing.

teach me!! I have it on a weapon and it's doesnt work.. dont know the reason!!! no more damage!! I got trolled!

If you are sniper then ADD range + speed... that would do it! (but I would use rail gun, can shot faster and have more range!!!)

lololol

Tempura's TL team trolled you so hard.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster
boytitan2

Male Posts : 8639

Linear cannon help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear cannon help   Linear cannon help EmptySun May 08, 2011 5:44 pm

breaker increases chance of weapons breaking not dmg

and get rid of the linear cannon cruel rail gun and rail gun are 10000x better

better screw em both toybox ams are better once ranged and speed tuned
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268

Linear cannon help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear cannon help   Linear cannon help EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:03 pm

For Linear Cannon, do Great Reach. I've messed around with the options, range is the best.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Upside-down poster
Hyoka

Linear cannon help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear cannon help   Linear cannon help EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:09 pm

@Emeraldsun wrote:
The golden rule of sniping is to often relocate anyway.

Not always.

For example, I have a Toybox and a Laz-chan buddy who likes to give me Long Range buffs.

I can fire at you from across the map and you can't even see me since I'm past the fog. It would be easy enough to mistake me for a TBG and you'd be running around rampant looking for me while I can keep on cruisin'.

The rule of sniping is to use deception at a long range.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

Linear cannon help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear cannon help   Linear cannon help EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:23 pm

On a related topic...
High Shooter on a shop Rail Gun = good?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Linear cannon help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear cannon help   Linear cannon help EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:30 pm

General rule of thumb: If it has more than 300 range and speed, it's good with high shooter.
Back to top Go down
Emeraldsun
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Emeraldsun

Male Posts : 385

Linear cannon help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear cannon help   Linear cannon help EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:57 pm

Well...there are a lot of sniping rules, let's go with them all.

Thanks everyone for your input, I think I'll go with Great Reach or High shooter. If I go with High shooter, I'll have higher range and what not. If I go Great reach I'll have cost for sniper sight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/robert.reeves.3591
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268

Linear cannon help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear cannon help   Linear cannon help EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:48 pm

Great Reach gives more range than High Shooter. I seriously doubt you'll need the speed.
Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

Linear cannon help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear cannon help   Linear cannon help EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:23 am

@boytitan2 wrote:
breaker increases chance of weapons breaking not dmg

and get rid of the linear cannon cruel rail gun and rail gun are 10000x better

better screw em both toybox ams are better once ranged and speed tuned

ohh I see... its the Critical!!! nice... mmm then good for sniping.. the description of the tune is realy bad...

yes... rail gun with +speed +range is good... actual Maxis III can reach 430 with the internals... and 650 speed.. and I would like to add more!!! you can hit air and TBG from far away!!!!
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Linear cannon help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear cannon help   Linear cannon help EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:44 pm

@DarkChuky wrote:

ohh I see... its the Critical!!! nice... mmm then good for sniping.. the description of the tune is realy bad...
No no no no no. Critical is when you do extra damage. Not even remotely related to breaking parts.

Breaker tune is worthless on everything, even when triple tuned. Don't even bother with it. Pretend it doesn't exist.
Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

Linear cannon help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear cannon help   Linear cannon help EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:53 pm

waaa shit.. thanks... may be good in a vanguard but expensive... avoid it!!! ok
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Linear cannon help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear cannon help   Linear cannon help Empty

Back to top Go down

Linear cannon help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com