Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Level Up Priority

Go down 
+5
xzpwnz
Z741
NumeroDoS
Mist
NeWIZ
9 posters
AuthorMessage
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

Male Posts : 169

Level Up Priority Empty
PostSubject: Level Up Priority   Level Up Priority EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:08 pm

I'd like some general opinion on leveling most robots to Lv 5 vs others going for Lv 8 or 10. I understand some people level up to 8 or higher for making use of certain cartridges/builds or those trying to promote a Crimrose to Seraph. I realize some other factors that affect leveling include limit remover prices and making use of EXP multipliers. Why are some robots not worth leveling past Lv 5? Are there certain reasons some robots are never leveled? How many robots do you have that are at the level caps (5, 8, 10)?
Back to top Go down

Level Up Priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level Up Priority   Level Up Priority EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:12 pm

Spam C.S.-Chan Quests = Shit loads of EXP + Chance to get good bot girl accessories + Loads of time wasted + Lost my viriginity to Su-chan + Level ups + Level up prizes + WIN!

EDIT : MY 1337th POST!!! FTW!!!
Back to top Go down
Mist
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Mist

Male Posts : 258

Level Up Priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level Up Priority   Level Up Priority EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:10 pm

Some people don't level it past 5 so they can play those in the lv.5- rooms. Those rooms however are deserted nowadays so there is almost no point in keeping a bot at lv.5. Furthermore, there is an event right now that gives rewards for when any bot reaches lv.5, 6, 7 ,8 ,9, and 10 that are considered very worth the time and effort.

I believe the only reason people are not leveling bots up are for epoch purposes as to minimize the amount of BP lost when dying.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

Level Up Priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level Up Priority   Level Up Priority EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:21 pm

Some reasons why some people don't bother with limit removers on some bots:
- They can use that bot well enough without the use of higher level carts.
- Lower level bots can easily maintain lower cost.
- Bot is only used for Bastagant EXP runs.
- Limit removers are UC sinks.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

Level Up Priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level Up Priority   Level Up Priority EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:22 pm

Like you said, the prices on the Limit Remover items are a huge factor, especially if you don't arena a whole lot... :x

One other case I can think of is when you have high-cost parts attached to your bot, and do not feel that it is worth changing out for lower cost equipment to instead gain a level and be forced to choose a cartridge upon leveling said bot up. That's happened to me a couple of times.

And pretty much every bot in my main Garage is leveled to 5, 8, or 10 aside from a few exceptions. pale
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

Level Up Priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level Up Priority   Level Up Priority EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:24 pm

Using a bot core is similar to using parts
Check the size, hitbox, cartridges, stats, internal weapons, locked parts, maximum capacity, cost, etcetera
There are some abnormally op bot cores if you pay attention to the details
Most of the time people don't level the bot due to lack of certain cartridges or limit remover
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

Level Up Priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level Up Priority   Level Up Priority EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:53 pm

I just take bots to level up when I think they are worth it (so I have Shino, Destructor and Izuna at level 8 and 9) but Im thinking to make other bots to have something to change, like a Lily hopper (and I found out Im not a good hopper), Cetusion and Big Mountaiz as L-AIRs to make much more damage than what I do with Izuna (could find a good way with some Cetusion build-up these days) and I also have other fatarts and some SUP bots (Koko and Winberrl mostly) . . . Tesla, Crim Rose and Jikun are bots I think that, maybe, one day I decide to use them (considering Seraph anti-homming, if I get tired with stuff stunning me all the time with long range shots I think its not a bad idea) . . .

so . . . leveling up depends on how u play and how much time u spend playing.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Level Up Priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level Up Priority   Level Up Priority EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:30 pm

It depends on when cost and capacity are going to start outweighing function. The best example of this is Thoarla. JP builds stop at lv 5 or lv 6, taking all capacity carts and optionally quick boost. This is because after tuning and weapon costs are factored in, Thoarla's going to be at max capacity. Leveling past that for more carts just eats up your free capacity and hampers your tuning and weapon selection.

Most bots I play I stop leveling in the 6-8 range.
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

Level Up Priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level Up Priority   Level Up Priority EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:48 pm

While tuning can help if done right, let's say someone won't bother tuning anything (parts/weapons/etc) on a robot while leveling up between levels 5-10. How will this affect the overall leveling experience?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Level Up Priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level Up Priority   Level Up Priority EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:10 pm

If you mean "will that make it harder to level up" then not really.
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

Level Up Priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level Up Priority   Level Up Priority EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 4:26 am

Suguri wrote:
It depends on when cost and capacity are going to start outweighing function. The best example of this is Thoarla. JP builds stop at lv 5 or lv 6, taking all capacity carts and optionally quick boost. This is because after tuning and weapon costs are factored in, Thoarla's going to be at max capacity. Leveling past that for more carts just eats up your free capacity and hampers your tuning and weapon selection.

Most bots I play I stop leveling in the 6-8 range.

One of my questions about leveling goes along these lines. How will capacity and other factors be a concern when someone decides to start a bit of tuning on a level 10 robot for example? The only tuning I've done so far was from a request/tutorial from The 3 Guardians mate. Otherwise, all my current robots aren't tuned and only a select few are at level 5 or above.
Back to top Go down
falcon1
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
falcon1

Male Posts : 800

Level Up Priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level Up Priority   Level Up Priority EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 4:40 am

NeWIZ wrote:

One of my questions about leveling goes along these lines. How will capacity and other factors be a concern when someone decides to start a bit of tuning on a level 10 robot for example? The only tuning I've done so far was from a request/tutorial from The 3 Guardians mate. Otherwise, all my current robots aren't tuned and only a select few are at level 5 or above.

essentially, you can tune a bot that's at lvl 10 more assuming that you took like 5 Capacity carts. Tunes increase the cost of your bot as such you will need to increase your bots max capacity for you to be able to equip certain parts, weapons & apply various tunes.

another reason for you to take your bots above lvl 5 is that there are certain cartridges that grant your bot certain abilities. most of these cartridges can only be attained at a certain lvl. take for example the cartridge broad radar. this cartridge is usually available above lvl 8 but there are bots that have access to these carts early like Tesladonna & if i remember correctly Cosmo Kaiser.

cartridges are just, if not more, important than tunes when building up your bot. always take to the time to review what cartridges your bot can get if you're still new to the game. lol what am i saying. even experienced players forgot what carts are available. Embarassed

im no expert but hey, just think about what i said. Razz
Back to top Go down

Level Up Priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level Up Priority   Level Up Priority EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:17 am

Actually, you should really spam PVP for the next two weeks.
https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com/t4477-cb-en-4-28-2011-updates#83280
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

Level Up Priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level Up Priority   Level Up Priority EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:18 am

only lvl10 bot got is Seraph Crimrose

I wanna lvl up so many other bots
but limiter is so expensive >_>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Level Up Priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level Up Priority   Level Up Priority Empty

Back to top Go down

Level Up Priority
Page 1 of 1