Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Cosmic Break - Meltdown

Go down 
+2
Trill
pirostyle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pirostyle
pirostyle

Male Posts : 31

Cosmic Break - Meltdown Empty
PostSubject: Cosmic Break - Meltdown   Cosmic Break - Meltdown EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:32 am

Hey guys, posting here because I need help, was playing cosmic break last night when the game made my computer meltdown and shutoff, it's fine now, no lasting problems
Dad has been giving me a lot of crap about it thought ><

I played the beta on a different comp before we got this one and it never had a problem, but now we get this fancier machine and what do you know, melt down after 2-3 days of coming back.
He says it's cause the settings are higher when I play it on this one, and that certain things I do make it worse

If anyone can help with this, please give me tips, I don't want to quit this game, it's too awesome to give up.

Computer is a Cyberpower, little snowflake symbol on the front, with windows 7 OS
we do have this small desk fan pointed away from the computer to help draw heat away.

it's about... 9-10 inches on each side, and about... 20-24 inches long if that helps
the computer sits in a shelf above the screen, the shelf is about 4 times as wide and 1.5 times as tall as the computer, about 1.5 times as long
it can't be moved, and the shelf above can't be taken out
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Meltdown   Cosmic Break - Meltdown EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 9:27 pm

As far as the dimensions of the shelf and stuff goes, that doesnt matter.

What its settings are on CB, backgroud programs , and computer model are a lot more useful info.

My crappy old Dell overheats and quits randomly, and it was because dust had accumulated inside, and I had to defrag my hard drive and such.

Never in my life heard of a Cyberpower, and I dont know any of the spec's, so its hard to say.

Back to top Go down
pirostyle
pirostyle

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Meltdown   Cosmic Break - Meltdown EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 9:40 pm

had a video playing on firefox

had the game in max sized window mode
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Meltdown   Cosmic Break - Meltdown EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:40 pm

I googles Cyberpower, and for atleast the models I saw, they seem like nice computers. Compare your computer specs with the recommended, and if you have windows 7; Run as Admin, and in Windows Service Pack 2 mode. All computers have hiccups, but if it becomes a recurring problem, invest in a virus scanner if you don't already have one, a defragger, and a personal favorite of mine: SmartClose. It closes all unnescesary programs running, including ones you don't actually know you have open.They have similar programs, but this one is pretty nice. You can find it at cnet.com.
Back to top Go down
falcon1
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
falcon1

Male Posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Meltdown   Cosmic Break - Meltdown EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:57 pm

wow, Trill's such a nice guy.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Meltdown   Cosmic Break - Meltdown EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 1:30 am

@pirostyle wrote:

Computer is a Cyberpower, little snowflake symbol on the front, with windows 7 OS
we do have this small desk fan pointed away from the computer to help draw heat away.

You must be WIZ, lol.
Back to top Go down
pirostyle
pirostyle

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Meltdown   Cosmic Break - Meltdown EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 8:41 am

@Hyoka wrote:
You must be WIZ, lol.

XD
I did notice how the symbol looked a lot like the wiz one, which happens to be my team.

Thanks trill for help
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Meltdown   Cosmic Break - Meltdown EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:10 am

My laptop doesn't overheat when I play cosmicbreak,listen to itunes,and watch youtube + forum chat at the same time.
Back to top Go down
mayQueen
mayQueen

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Meltdown   Cosmic Break - Meltdown EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:28 pm

is your pc this one?
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/LAN_Party_EVO_Mini/

if you have this pc, the pc should not be put in a shelf.
because the pc is kinda high spec pc which may make a super hot situation.
basically, cubePCs don't have good cooling ability.

the pc should be put on a open space.
Back to top Go down
pirostyle
pirostyle

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Meltdown   Cosmic Break - Meltdown EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:44 pm

@mayQueen wrote:
is your pc this one?
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/LAN_Party_EVO_Mini/

if you have this pc, the pc should not be put in a shelf.
because the pc is kinda high spec pc which may make a super hot situation.
basically, cubePCs don't have good cooling ability.

the pc should be put on a open space.

yes, this is the exact computer we have

but my dad is stubborn, and an ass, he refuses to let the computer be moved from it's current spot, so nothing can be done

edit: about your avatar, I love that Aegis skin, it's wonderful
Back to top Go down
mayQueen
mayQueen

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Meltdown   Cosmic Break - Meltdown EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:55 pm

@pirostyle wrote:

yes, this is the exact computer we have

but my dad is stubborn, and an ass, he refuses to let the computer be moved from it's current spot, so nothing can be done

edit: about your avatar, I love that Aegis skin, it's wonderful

thanks Very Happy

I have checked the site of the pc case.
http://www.mustardseed.co.jp/products/silverstone/case/sst-sg07b.html
the pc case seems to take airs from top side for cooling.
and release hot airs from left and right sides.

I think hot airs are circulating around the pc. and being super hot.
how about putting usb-fans into the shelf?

anyway, it will be more bad situation on this summer Neutral

Cosmic Break - Meltdown Usbfan11

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break - Meltdown   Cosmic Break - Meltdown Empty

Back to top Go down

Cosmic Break - Meltdown
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: Tech Support-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum hosting  | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com