Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fanart Contest/Tourney!

Go down 
+15
susanoo
Kitouski
reiya
Hellenisti
Counsel
necrio
Xenosnake
knyx
SkyPanic
ziix
sweetcakes
NumeroDoS
LazerRazer
Nisa
Yokura
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Counsel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Counsel

Female Posts : 298

Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 3:53 pm

im gonna enter, even though im still a noob at good coloring.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:36 pm

necrio wrote:
Uh...

how2color XDDDD

grayscale acceptable?

Grayscale is acceptable. The rubric there is simply for guidance. I've seen some pretty kickass artworks in monochrome. Anything is acceptable really... just make it look like a completed and likeable piece. I'll cahnge the" color" to shaded xD cause that's really what I mean.

I wish I could give participation prizes ): Maybe somewhere down the line... would have to limit participation then though... Dx

@Lazer
Don't be discouraged :3 I did say it will lean more on creativity than pure art skill. Of course, that doesn't mean skill won't be taken into account. In short, do your best!
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Hellenisti
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hellenisti

Male Posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Yokura wrote:
I wish I could give participation prizes ): Maybe somewhere down the line... would have to limit participation then though... Dx

If you will I will want to participate, ahuehauhea. Gotta work up my scanner and reinstall photoshop, though.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Fact of the matter is, I can make no such promise. xD I am not a RT superspender. Hell, I haven't spent more than $20 to buy RT for myself. This is something that I thought would be fun is all. Even at 10RT participation prize, if even 10 people joined, I would potentially double the amount of money that I would have to spend for this contest.

I may do participation prize in a later contest. But then that contest will most definitely be limited with the amount of people who can participate. For example, if I want to give a 50RT prize per person, and the grand prize is $20 card. I would probably limit it to first come first serve, up to 4 people can participate. If 10RT a person, up to 20 can participate. And so on. I obviously haven't thought this ^ idea through, but I think it paints the point.

I simply cannot promise a universal participation prize xD;

ALSO. I have updated the first post slightly. And added in a notice. For those too lazy to check:

Changed "Color" to "Shading"

Added:

**NOTICE** ANYONE CAUGHT PLAGIARIZING/THIEVING WILL BE BANNED FROM THIS AND ALL FUTURE COMPETITIONS. No exceptions
Back to top Go down
reiya
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
reiya

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:57 pm

yoku yoku~

i will enter.. whether i draw new pieces or not is a different story.

anyways, that aside. regarding participation prizes, you dont really have to give them out or whether there is a 1st, 2nd or 3rd prize or not. This is your competition hence it's your rules. I'm sure most of the people joining are for fun and trying their luck that's all. What is most important is that the organizer (you) have fun organizing as well. of cos if u accept paypal. i'll try to transfer the money over to you so tt u can buy 1 or 2 more cards for the competition or something.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:14 pm

The more, the merrier :3

If you want to sponsor a prize, that's up to you. Though, I would personally save it for a second contest... o: This is just kind of a test run. If it's fun and successful, then there will most definitely be more in the future :3 I do believe I can use paypal... Will worry about it later, as the deadline draws near xD Thank you for the offer! <3
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:59 am

Needz less Devianart requirement and I might consider joining. Lawl
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:06 am

Updated the first post. Following changes made:

-------------------
- Deadline finalized: May 23rd 0:00 PST
- You may submit to the folder on DeviantArt, or submit here. However, I will be putting all entries into the DA folder for organization's sake, as well as to have a keepsake of the contest. So if you do not have a DeviantArt account, I will be uploading your entry onto my account (Credited to you of course), and putting it into that gallery.
Back to top Go down
susanoo

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 3:38 pm

Surprised

naisu. i might try entering.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 6:46 pm

Gah, I need to stop forgetting about this. ;_; Still want to enter. Just... need... to find... time... (or stop derping around, lol)
Back to top Go down
LazerRazer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
LazerRazer

Female Posts : 455

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 6:59 pm

I'm trying my best to find time for this. But ugh so much other stuff around that needs to be done q-q
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 5:18 am

LazerRazer wrote:
Xenosnake wrote:
Cool I'm planning on doing a Nicole one. I guess I'll try entering :3

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

And here I though I'd stand a chance to win if only Cori and Nisa was the contenders Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 5:21 am

Cori is hurt. Sad
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 2:15 pm

People awareness bump... still haven't gotten around with an entry yet...

Yokura wrote:

- Deadline finalized: May 23rd 0:00 PST
- You may submit to the folder on DeviantArt, or submit here. However, I will be putting all entries into the DA folder for organization's sake, as well as to have a keepsake of the contest. So if you do not have a DeviantArt account, I will be uploading your entry onto my account (Credited to you of course), and putting it into that gallery.

Still secretly promoting that group huh? I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS! *punches table*
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

Male Posts : 2985

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 2:22 pm

Well... At least I can try this... =_=
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 4:22 am

-Bump-

The deadline is a few weeks away~ A few entries have already been submitted :3

Prize has been finalized: $10 Ultimate Game Card
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 7:25 pm

-Bump-

So this has been brought to my attention, I never mentioned when I would finish judging by oops.

Judging & Announcement: May 25th

It's a small contest and a few entries, so it wouldnt take long to judge and decide at all I don't think... Most of the time between the 23rd and the 25th will probably just be me figuring out how to buy the UGC card =A=

12 days left till deadline! :3 Stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:41 pm

Not very much longer on this thing huh? D'oh... looks like I might not be entering. >: Is there a place to see the current entries? It seems like if there are any, they're not on the forum...
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:50 pm

The current entries are in this thread (Cori and Nisa)

and at the DeviantArt folder. Located here: http://cosmicbreaken.deviantart.com/gallery/29721844

Important note: I will be going to fanime next weekend, and they're going to be selling RT at a bonus rate. So instead of giving out a Ultimate game card code for $10, I will ask for two of the three peices of information:

UserID (Login id)
In game name
Email that is connected to your CB account

And I can buy the winner 110RT instead of the 100RT that you would get redeeming the UGC code.

The dead line is in under 48 hours. The deadline is May 23rd 0:00 PST. Meaning, you can submit your fanart up to May 22nd 23:59PST

I will post a deadline post and anything after that will not count.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 6:20 pm

HOT SPRINGS EPISODE

Got my vote
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 6:43 pm

Does this count?
Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 Mighty-Byne
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:37 pm

@LXE I'm sorry, but I don't think I will include that. Because everyone is submitting original drawn art, and that was my focus.

Still pretty damn funny though xD
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Reminds me of that video contest CB is running....

While I lack the programs/skill to create a vid of my own to enter, I've lots of ideas, script-wise, to use if someone else could make the vid...long as I got a cut of the Rt if it won.... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 9:34 pm

Yokura wrote:
@LXE I'm sorry, but I don't think I will include that. Because everyone is submitting original drawn art, and that was my focus.

Still pretty damn funny though xD
Dang...
Back to top Go down
AthenaWyrm
AthenaWyrm

Male Posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:20 pm

So the contest ends today?

Or do I still have tomorrow to do it?

I just found out about this today and I've been working on a picture but I don't think I'll have enough time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fanart Contest/Tourney!    Fanart Contest/Tourney!  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fanart Contest/Tourney!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next