Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Accel Beam Gun?

Go down 
+8
Moon Light
Intet
NovaZero
Shaftronics
Darkmare
Fenrir
Suguri
Hellenisti
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellenisti
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hellenisti

Male Posts : 184

Accel Beam Gun? Empty
PostSubject: Accel Beam Gun?   Accel Beam Gun? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:28 pm

I doubt I've seen any Accel Beam Guns in battles, so I'm quite curious about its usability.

With other beam guns in mind, is it any better?
Is it accurate/fast enough to land several hits on fleeing LNDs? Or those that move on circles? Other AIRs?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Accel Beam Gun? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accel Beam Gun?   Accel Beam Gun? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:51 pm

I've been told multiple times "If you can do well with an accel beamgun, you can do better with something else." I don't have one, but looking over the stats in comparison to other beamguns, I'd say you're looking at performance like a more accurate wide beam gun.

Personal recommendation? If you have the Rt to spare, go for it. It also depends on what you're planning to stick it on, though.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir

Accel Beam Gun? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accel Beam Gun?   Accel Beam Gun? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 9:28 pm

Actually. Accel beam gun is the easiest to use since it has high bullet speed but relatively low damage.
It's useful against fast moving bots. However Plasmas guns are much more powerful compared to accelerated beam gun, but with the lower bullet speed, you'll need to learn how to aim ahead.
Back to top Go down
Darkmare
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Darkmare

Female Posts : 156

Accel Beam Gun? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accel Beam Gun?   Accel Beam Gun? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 10:30 pm

IMO don't get it.
Its really weak when it comes to stunning and damage.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

Accel Beam Gun? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accel Beam Gun?   Accel Beam Gun? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 11:12 pm

Indeed. A double shield Frau tried to use hypershot + alpha against my Patty a few weeks ago. It wasn't even enough to cause much of an issue, and surprisingly, wasn't that hard to dodge either, at close-mid range. If you practiced enough, even a Beam Rifle can be much more of a pain against LNDs.
Back to top Go down
Hellenisti
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hellenisti

Male Posts : 184

Accel Beam Gun? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accel Beam Gun?   Accel Beam Gun? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 11:21 pm

Fenrir wrote:

However Plasmas guns are much more powerful compared to accelerated beam gun, but with the lower bullet speed, you'll need to learn how to aim ahead.

I'm actually used to the Limited Plasma Gun in arena. I can always force tune it if I want.

Darkmare wrote:
IMO don't get it.
Its really weak when it comes to stunning and damage.

I'm questioning it's 1-on-1 usability, actually. I doubt the Limited Plasma Gun's speed is going to cut it; I'm going to eventually drop from the sky.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

Accel Beam Gun? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accel Beam Gun?   Accel Beam Gun? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 11:36 pm

Accel Beam Gun has excellent bullet speed, range and cost, but bad ammo and damage.

I bought one because I needed something that could hit the enemy better than a beam gun, but now I've seen that Plasma Guns and even LPGs perform much better than the Accel Beam Gun.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Accel Beam Gun? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accel Beam Gun?   Accel Beam Gun? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 1:56 am

It is THE choice for harassment. It pairs well with bots that take a few pop shots at something then zip off. Direct combat with it is a tad subpar, but in exchange you gain an amazing kiting game against other airs, and solid accuracy against fast targets. If your very hit and run, this is a good choice. If you want to duke it out, pretty much all other beam guns are a good choice. It's a fineness weapon, plain and simple.

If you plan to use them, you should have some way of spiking up your damage when needed, such as packing a lot of weapons for full bursting, or some weapon that serves as your heavy damage when you need to put the final nail in the coffin.

Compare to the wide beamgun, which offers similar performance damage wise, and performs better in head to head fights, contrast to the beamrifle, which specialties in a heavy damage from a distance. Cross shooters are this gun taken to the extreme, low damage, high projectile speed, and a lot of range, good when burst firing, but only annoying when used alone.

If you need heavy damage in combat, going for head to head fights, you still want a plasma gun.
Back to top Go down
Moon Light

Male Posts : 30

Accel Beam Gun? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accel Beam Gun?   Accel Beam Gun? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 6:23 pm

i used accel beam gun for a while and damage is its only disvantage, albeit the ammo runs short quickly and it feels heavy cap wise.

if you need damage go force tune a beam MG or a plasma gun, accel beam gun was made to hit targets you usually cant hit with regular guns. i could hit other airs and most hoppers with ABG, had to stop using it because i didnt needed the extra range, now im using a beam MG tuned for great range.

Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

Accel Beam Gun? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accel Beam Gun?   Accel Beam Gun? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 6:27 pm

Limited plasma Embarassed
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

Accel Beam Gun? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accel Beam Gun?   Accel Beam Gun? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:11 am

not worth the rt - wide beam gun is better if you using it to shoot repeatedly and just like to click once and let the shots go by themselves (WIDE NO NEED TO AIM SHOTS) and plasma gun is better in terms of damage
if you got it from cube - then just use it till you get limited plasma gun
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

Accel Beam Gun? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accel Beam Gun?   Accel Beam Gun? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 2:17 am

BNOISE wrote:
not worth the rt - wide beam gun is better if you using it to shoot repeatedly and just like to click once and let the shots go by themselves (WIDE NO NEED TO AIM SHOTS) and plasma gun is better in terms of damage
Wide beam gun [2s(Rapid)(Rapid)]+Hypershot = jikun pwnage
Back to top Go down
Idontlive
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Idontlive

Male Posts : 219

Accel Beam Gun? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accel Beam Gun?   Accel Beam Gun? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:17 am

StickyKeys wrote:
BNOISE wrote:
Wide beam gun [2s(Rapid)(Rapid)]+Hypershot = jikun pwnage

why not 3s ? kekekeke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Accel Beam Gun? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accel Beam Gun?   Accel Beam Gun? Empty

Back to top Go down

Accel Beam Gun?
Page 1 of 1