Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[General] Weakness Analyses

Go down 
+48
UncleBobbie
Hagane
Nymph~
xzpwnz
LordShade
SilverySil
Aurum_Sol
Aria
Asagi-san
frizky
Astral_Dono
Fireflywater
BNOISE
IcyAmiki
Strill
udon-GE
Kanra
ngelicdark
Trill
CapeMike
Kecepirit
Miyo-chan
gamerrehab
necrio
Hyoka
Rinrin
SmileBrush
Ascaloth
Nisa
boytitan2
Etherlight
FireKiller87
SkyPanic
Shikaze
Intet
Raven
RoboFranky
Raal
fhoeng
knyx
Iseal
Priskern
Divinity
Z741
yilx
Suguri
ziix
Glass
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Has this guide been useful?
Yes
[General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 Vote_lcap68%[General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 68% [ 13 ]
No
[General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%[General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Not enough info to have an opinion.
[General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 Vote_lcap21%[General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
Glass
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Glass

Male Posts : 124

[General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 3:35 pm

.. Oh, another one.

Buridens.
L sized bots with 1-2 Shaden BS's who fly high with Blitz Blasters either stalking large foes or killing the PS.

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 3:39 pm

Glass wrote:
.. Oh, another one.

Buridens.
L sized bots with 1-2 Shaden BS's who fly high with Blitz Blasters either stalking large foes or killing the PS.

Discuss.
Making your bot smaller will obviously make blitz blasters much less effective.

...I've never actually had to fight one of these, so I'm not sure how tough they are to catch with explosives or other weapons, so I don't really know how to answer this.
Back to top Go down
Ascaloth

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 3:50 pm

I have a Buriden. Generally my experience of it is, enough ordinance in the air will catch a Buriden eventually.

I'd say Blast Bazookas or the Victory 1 core weapon is your best bet.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 4:09 pm

Amateus core might work too, since it charges faster on fast targets.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 5:20 pm

Nicole drain that shit, NOW, the faster it needs to purge its limited boost the better off you are.

Iseal wrote:
Aegis+Ellen+Bugsy Shock Shield=Ultimate Roadblock?

Aegis+Ellen with burst bit+Bugsy shield= Mobile fortress
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 5:33 pm

[quote="knyx"]Nicole drain that shit, NOW, the faster it needs to purge its limited boost the better off you are.

This against Buriden. Every time he tries to Blitz your team, have a couple Nicole Malices troll the shit out of him/her with Waste Boost status. From my experience with AIR, Waste Boost lasts just long enough to drain about 1/4 to 1/3 of the boost gauge, approximately. You force the Buriden to either land in the middle of your army and let him/herself get stunlocked and pwned, or force a retreat and thus reduce the Buriden's impact.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:49 pm

[quote="FireKiller87"]
knyx wrote:
Nicole drain that shit, NOW, the faster it needs to purge its limited boost the better off you are.

This against Buriden. Every time he tries to Blitz your team, have a couple Nicole Malices troll the shit out of him/her with Waste Boost status. From my experience with AIR, Waste Boost lasts just long enough to drain about 1/4 to 1/3 of the boost gauge, approximately. You force the Buriden to either land in the middle of your army and let him/herself get stunlocked and pwned, or force a retreat and thus reduce the Buriden's impact.

The main thing is Buridens have a one-time use, uber booster. Once that's gone, it's a regular old flying house.
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:09 pm

So Shaden BS isn't a "stay in the air for x seconds" buff, it's just a really long boost guage add-on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:19 pm

Iseal wrote:
So Shaden BS isn't a "stay in the air for x seconds" buff, it's just a really long boost guage add-on?
It gives fixed speed and fixed boost gauge which diminishes as soon as you take action that needs boost gauge. (Fly, boost run, float dash, short boost)
Boost spent can't regenerate by itself, so use it with care. If you ran out of boost or doesn't need it any more for whatsoever reason, purge is there for you to remove it. Your fly will return to normal afterward.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Shaden BS is also affected by bad booster and propeller bits.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:27 pm

Suguri wrote:

/offtopic: what does bad booster (the one inflicted by solar buster) do exactly?

And would you have 2 buffed flights if you pack on some cheap legs that let you attach another Shaden BS?
Back to top Go down
SmileBrush
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SmileBrush

Female Posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:29 pm

Glass wrote:

Hoppers

melee can take on a hopper as long as you know wat you are doing and u r good at amking predictions of where hoppers might jump to.

if ur an ART, it gets tricky. Most fat ART ppl panic in the sight of hoppers and simply try to all-fire at them... all-firing at a hopper isnt a good idea, since u miss a ton and even if u hit once in awhile and deal 40~80 dmg, it wasn't worth the 50+ zooka bullets spent.

Here's wat you can do:
-if the hopper does NOT have his/her WB (most likely a slayer bit variation)

1. stay relatively close, fly in the direction of him/her with a LL size zooka or any other large ART wep that can hit hard on a target with single hit. play aggressively.

2. be calm and steadily aim a bit off from the target (if the hopper is moving right, aim slightly further to right, instead of aiming right at the hopper him/herself)

3. get ready to fire one or two bullets at a time when the hopper is either at their peak altitude (from short boost), or when they land. otherwise, the hopper can frequently ignore your shots and dmg completely (it is worse if the hopper has quick land).

4. if you have moving burst, that's even better.

-if the hopper has his/her WB activated (most likely slayer bit variation)

1. hopefully u have high FLY. keep your distance. if u get slashed by the WB even once, you lose balance and get stunned... automatic GG

2. try and find a higher platform to land, so that you have the advantage of height and make it easier for you to dodge the WB.

3. do NOT stay at one platform. migrate as soon as they come near.

4. try to find a place with lots of meatshields and debris (like cactus and barrels) to make the slayer bits to target the debris instead of you.

5. if you think you can, act more daring: as the hopper jumps towards you, use that opportunity to fly AROUND the hopper fast and quick, avoiding the WB. as the hopper lands, all-fire at their back before they land completely and turn around. this tactic works only if you have high-enough FLY.

hopper with WB activated is an extreme challenge for large ARTs to deal with. i just gave you a way to fight them, but it still wont work always. the best choice is to just look for an ally to help you out.

HAVE A SLAYER BIT OR DUAL RIFLE BIT READY FOR TIMES LIKE THESE. THEY HELP TONS

Last edited by SmileBrush on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:29 pm

knyx wrote:
Suguri wrote:

/offtopic: what does bad booster (the one inflicted by solar buster) do exactly?

And would you have 2 buffed flights if you pack on some cheap legs that let you attach another Shaden BS?
Bad Booster makes your flight gauge drain way faster. I don't know the exact amount, but it's somewhere between 2-4 times as much boost usage whenever using something that takes boost.

And yes, you can double up on shaden boosters.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:31 pm

Suguri wrote:
knyx wrote:
Suguri wrote:

Bad Booster makes your flight gauge drain way faster. I don't know the exact amount, but it's somewhere between 2-4 times as much boost usage whenever using something that takes boost.

Bad booster more or less severe than waste booster?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:32 pm

knyx wrote:
Suguri wrote:
knyx wrote:

Bad booster more or less severe than waste booster?
Same exact thing.
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:55 pm

Pretty sure Amateus's one makes you actually lose altitude steadily. I remember getting hit by one in that coal mine lvl, and when I flew out to retreat, I started slowly descending.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:58 am

Suguri wrote:
knyx wrote:
Suguri wrote:

After being hit by a million Malices' shadow missiles, I'm thinking that Bad Booster status makes your boost drain around 1.5-2x faster. My Lazflamme can hang out in the air for about 2 seconds when afflicted with Waste/Bad Booster, which is about half if the normal LND gauge lasts 5 seconds.

IMO Bad Booster only really affects AIRs that are low on boost or are reliant on Seraph Wings/Shaden BS for extra hang time. The status doesn't last long enough to really have an affect on AIRs.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:05 am

FireKiller87 wrote:
Suguri wrote:
knyx wrote:

After being hit by a million Malices' shadow missiles, I'm thinking that Bad Booster status makes your boost drain around 1.5-2x faster. My Lazflamme can hang out in the air for about 2 seconds when afflicted with Waste/Bad Booster, which is about half if the normal LND gauge lasts 5 seconds.

IMO Bad Booster only really affects AIRs that are low on boost or are reliant on Seraph Wings/Shaden BS for extra hang time. The status doesn't last long enough to really have an affect on AIRs.

and doesn't affect prop bits either
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:08 am

Nisa wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:
Suguri wrote:

and doesn't affect prop bits either
It does, I've dropped prop bit airs in JP with it. It's just not likely because prop bit drags your boost out for so long.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:42 am

solution to all ur problems:

toybox girl
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:46 am

Rinrin wrote:
solution to all ur problems:

toybox girl

...unless you get garatrolled.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 4:14 am

EVE: 1vs 1 is actually possible with a certain artillery robot, and some clever use of Terrain. His name is Locomotive X. Using his core missiles and some runnin around/behind a rock/tree (non destructable, lol) you can actually hit her from a high angle, sometimes bypassing her shield or annoying her enough to gtfo.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 4:18 am

Hyoka wrote:
EVE: 1vs 1 is actually possible with a certain artillery robot, and some clever use of Terrain. His name is Locomotive X. Using his core missiles and some runnin around/behind a rock/tree (non destructable, lol) you can actually hit her from a high angle, sometimes bypassing her shield or annoying her enough to gtfo.

Locomotive hit eve = 15 dmg

Eve hit locomotive = 100 dmg

1vs1

lol u mad?
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:55 am

Nisa wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

1vs1

lol u mad?

Eve shots penetrate everything except solid terrain. Rocks/trees= solid terrain.

Still have to get those mortars to hit. But eventually she'll catch up unless you can afford to 40 fly him.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 12:00 pm

knyx wrote:
Nisa wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

1vs1

lol u mad?

Eve shots penetrate everything except solid terrain. Rocks/trees= solid terrain.

Still have to get those mortars to hit. But eventually she'll catch up unless you can afford to 40 fly him.
not exactly 1 on 1 but loco's big brother, snailbot, can outrange EVEs and pelt them with his missiles. Of course in 1 on 1 situation he's dead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [General] Weakness Analyses   [General] Weakness Analyses - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

[General] Weakness Analyses
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next