Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

"ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice

Go down 
+8
Mist
Z741
necrio
knyx
Nevano
Suguri
reVelske
Tomoe
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tomoe
Tomoe

Female Posts : 39

"ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 3:40 am

Yay lots of replies. Thanks so much for all of the information. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gunmom
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 5:15 am

@Tomoe wrote:

God, NOTHING will EVER be as bad as the Perfect World International store. :\
20-60 dollars for a mount? PUH-LEEZ.

Sorry even CB has beaten PWI.

Garapon requires at least$100 and that won't even guarantee that you're getting what you want.

May take even $1000.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:30 am

Someone's been on the DDO forums.

@Mist wrote:
@Suguri wrote:

3. The team without a healer is the team that's going to lose, period.

QFT. no matter how well you do, if you die because of lack of healer then the game is lost inevitably.
Happens with me all the time. Kill a few bots get 3 stars on my head, die due to lack of hp(obviously), and lose a ton of BP. All that effort wasted.

What.

If your team doesn't have a healer, then tough luck, but that doesn't mean you'll "Inevitably lose". DOS has been in such situations against BRD and WIZ teams who have healers, multiple winberryls at times even. The only thing healing groups pose to us, is an easy buffet picking when a vanguard successfully infiltrates, or moar easy points when that tiny air troll fire pillars the entire group.

Welcome to Cosmic Break, where advantages can work against you and real-time strategy overrides tactics at times.

@Hyoka wrote:
@Tomoe wrote:

God, NOTHING will EVER be as bad as the Perfect World International store. :\
20-60 dollars for a mount? PUH-LEEZ.

Sorry even CB has beaten PWI.

Garapon requires at least$100 and that won't even guarantee that you're getting what you want.

May take even $1000.

Fact: There are ALSO people who have gotten what they want in $20 if not less.

The bots are as such that you simply just have to gamble for them, so you mind end up spending more than you planned to. In short; If you're rolling for something, just be happy with what you get. I got Patty in my first x5 roll, but I've never gotten Vanguard in the next 3 to 5 sets of x5 rolls. None at all.

Last edited by Shaftronics on Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:32 am

Woo. Net lag triple post.

Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:33 am

Woo. Net lag triple post.

Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:33 am

@Suguri wrote:

3. The team without a healer is the team that's going to lose, period.

Unless that team has an EVE.
Back to top Go down
Dizzyku
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:55 am

Tomoe if you don't have repair bits, you can purchase Mini repair bits for cheap from the extra section of the shop. They don't heal as much or last as long as regular repair bits but they will let you stock pile your repairs in the beginning.

I can't believe Suguri mentioned all those bots, but forgot the one bot that could function as a 100% cleric. Medi Aide due to her cart's is one of the best supports for any builds. shes also fairly easy to get since shes in almost every single fucking garapon ever.

Also since the new patch there's Nicole Malice. -can't be a cleric but still an amazing support bot-

@Tomoe wrote:
OH: Are "wonder bits" (Sorry if this is the wrong term, I still have yet to actually touch the game) expensive?

Or rather, is there a downside to playing as a support character? Are they more costly?
I understand they get a lot of heat from people during PVP (good healer or not, people will always blame the healer if they loose) but just making sure I'm aware of obstacles ahead of me. Or if I need to be a penny pincher.

Most Wonderbits are cheap and easy to get thanks to the UC Shop/UC garapon. The only rare bits right now are from the sp boxes but they aren't really worth using since they are to hard to get and disappear after only one use just like all bits.

Your thinking of this game in a weird way since your treating it like all other mmo's you played. UC isn't really important for anything after a while, since there's very limited UC bots, weapons and since their isn't a bazaar. You will pretty much spend all your UC gambling in UC Garapon after you get used to this game.

Healers only get heat for a loss when they act moronic, if you don't want to be blamed for the loss of a team. Never rush into the fighting while other robots are trying to heal under your bit, just because their bar looks full doesn't mean it is, and its not always the best idea to heal under a powershot even if the rate of healing is greatly increased.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 9:45 am

@Dizzyku wrote:

I can't believe Suguri mentioned all those bots, but forgot the one bot that could function as a 100% cleric. Medi Aide due to her cart's is one of the best supports for any builds. shes also fairly easy to get since shes in almost every single fucking garapon ever.
Oh whoops, guess I somehow forgot one of my favorite bots :V Yeah, Medi Aide's carts and stats are completely polarized to make her the ideal healbot; wonder rate up to charge her bit faster when injured, growing wonder to make the bit slowly charge itself, float dash to get to teammates quickly and away from enemies (or vice versa), high fly to make the latter possible, high tgh to keep from being stun spammed, and balanced str/tec for good bit duration.

And she's adorable. :3c
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 11:05 am

@Suguri wrote:
@necrio wrote:
AIR only has seraph which is pretty horrible compared to the aces of other types.
Oh dear, where to start here. Air's actually rather glorious in the sense that it's the only type where maxing its mobility stat can make any core useful at even moderately high skilled levels of play. For example, I have a 620 cost beezle with 407 HP and 40 fly. Basically, any air is good as long as you can bring its fly up, and you can pull that off with just about every air.

Also, with the exception of ABR and crossbows, all the typical air weapons are either UC or drop (Ballista Shooters are both UC gara and drop in JP, so ABR's really the only non-UC wep in that sense).
I am trying to say that AIR is by no means at an advantage compared to LNDs and ARTs. I'm not saying that AIRs are inferior. They are easy but they have less killer stuff compared to the other types.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 11:27 am

@necrio wrote:
@Suguri wrote:
@necrio wrote:
AIR only has seraph which is pretty horrible compared to the aces of other types.
Oh dear, where to start here. Air's actually rather glorious in the sense that it's the only type where maxing its mobility stat can make any core useful at even moderately high skilled levels of play. For example, I have a 620 cost beezle with 407 HP and 40 fly. Basically, any air is good as long as you can bring its fly up, and you can pull that off with just about every air.

Also, with the exception of ABR and crossbows, all the typical air weapons are either UC or drop (Ballista Shooters are both UC gara and drop in JP, so ABR's really the only non-UC wep in that sense).
I am trying to say that AIR is by no means at an advantage compared to LNDs and ARTs. I'm not saying that AIRs are inferior. They are easy but they have less killer stuff compared to the other types.
I think you might be missing what I'm saying too. Hoppers aside, airs are the bots with the most UC-viable builds available to them, because there's only one really relevant Rt weapon to them. As long as you have a large amount of fly, performance with airs is almost completely up to player skill, regardless of the bot core, whereas with something like lands a K-Shielded Hatigarm Machine will perform considerably better than, say, a UC-built Steel Rider.

In the grand scheme of the entire game though, I'd agree that there's a good balance between the types.
Back to top Go down
Tomoe
Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 8:04 pm

@Dizzy: I apologize. The reason why I was thinking of the game in a weird way is because when I originally made this post I had never opened up the game client before (I was in the process of reformatting my hard drive ;_; )

So now that I actually HAVE opened the game.

I'm currently messing around with that free Winberrl that you receive as a rank up gift.

One last nooby question:
For support characters, what are common weapon schemes? (I know it probably differs for bot.) Or does it even matter?
Back to top Go down
Tomoe
Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 8:06 pm

Also, I just got a ton of repair bits from the UC Gara. :3 So I'm gewd.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 8:09 pm

@Tomoe wrote:

One last nooby question:
For support characters, what are common weapon schemes? (I know it probably differs for bot.)
Varies a lot for supports based on both bot and personal preference. I run accelgun + micro bazooka on all my supports. Some people may prefer beam-type weapons for anti-land purposes. Others may prefer having a melee weapon so they can farm trees for items and wonder bit gauge without having to waste ammo.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 3:55 am

beamguns are usually used for berrls since their main purpose is to draw and trap melee units, which are usually weak to beam weapons.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 4:01 am

@necrio wrote:
beamguns are usually used for berrls since their main purpose is to draw and trap melee units, which are usually weak to beam weapons.
Yeah, in the instance of winberyl I'd either use dual beam machinegun (land rape), beam machinegun + micro bazooka (anti-land/air), or beam machinegun + staff of some sort (anti-land + multi-target ranged lockon). With the drawguns drawing the opponent in closer, the range of a beam machinegun stops being a detriment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: Tech Support-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | Video games | Roleplay Games (MMORPG, WOW...) | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com