Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

"ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice

Go down 
+8
Mist
Z741
necrio
knyx
Nevano
Suguri
reVelske
Tomoe
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tomoe
Tomoe

Female Posts : 39

"ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice Empty
PostSubject: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:55 pm

So after exploring the vast internet and playing several MMOs I find myself at a loss.
Normally when lurking forums for MMORPGs tons of people beg for new players to roll clerics or tanks in most cases.

I see none of that here.
In fact, I don't see much discussion on things being unfair or overpowered.

I have a feeling I'm missing something.

SO HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU:

1) Are there overpowered robot types?
2) Which robot types are played the most?
3) Is there a dire need for support robots (like how cleric players are needed in almost every MMO ever)?
4) Is there a robot type that is looked down upon if someone plays as that type? (Because it's too OP?)
5) Over all, how balanced is the game in terms of PVP vs. PVE?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gunmom
Tomoe
Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:01 pm

Oh also, approximately how expensive is RT? Just for reference. :3 Thank yew.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:04 pm

1. Air is generally considering strongest overall, not overpowering, but strong.
2. Arts and Air, Arts by relatively new players until they realize they are cannonfodders, then they switch to Air because it's EASY MODE.
3. Not a dire need TBH, but there are certainly times when teams are lacking healers.
4. Opinions significantly vary in terms of OP/scrub bots, but Vanguard and EVE are both generally frowned upon for being OP, but not to a point where players are actually discouraged from playing them.
5. Not sure how to answer that, PvP balancing is pretty crap, successful PvE builds are pretty limited, so... you decided.
6. Pretty ridiculously expensive, $10 = 100rt, which is really fuck all.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:04 pm

@Tomoe wrote:

SO HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU:

3) Is there a dire need for support robots (like how cleric players are needed in almost every MMO ever)?
4) Is there a robot type that is looked down upon if someone plays as that type? (Because it's too OP?)
1. Types, no. Individual bots? It depends on viewpoint. There are plenty of bots that are better than others of their type by a noticeable margin, but outside of Lily Rain EVE and Ivis - the former being nerfed in JP, the latter being both unavailable in EN and being limited to short-range rapier melee for her damage - I'd say there's bots that are maybe unbalancing, but not gamebreaking (i.e. Air Raider).

2. Depends on the flavor of the month, the bots each individual has access to, and the union. I don't think there's really a clearcut favorite type at the moment.

3. The team without a healer is the team that's going to lose, period.

4. Lily Rain EVE, Ivis, Ouka, Vanguard Fencer, Patty Lop, Frau Adone, anything with Short Boost. Let me know if I missed anything there, people rage at a lot of things ;o

5. Cosmic Break is highly PvP oriented, with underwhelming PvE. C21, its predecessor, is highly PvE oriented, with underwhelming PvP. They're basically two halves of a whole game which is a horrifyingly good way for Cyberstep to get you to spend more money.
Back to top Go down
Tomoe
Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Well that's usually the case with free MMOs. But I figure if I end up enjoying the game and stick with it for more than 10+ hours, it has given me more enjoyment than - say Batman Arkham Asylum (about 10-12 hours and was once a 60 dollar game, terrible comparison because I never purchased it, but you get the idea) - I'll usually purchase one or two small items from the online store.

God, NOTHING will EVER be as bad as the Perfect World International store. :\
20-60 dollars for a mount? PUH-LEEZ.
Back to top Go down
Tomoe
Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Thanks for all the information guys! <3 I may go with a support character then.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:13 pm

@Tomoe wrote:

As long as you aren't like the person that spent $500 rolling EVE garapon and never ended up getting her.
Back to top Go down
Tomoe
Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:14 pm

@Suguri wrote:
@Tomoe wrote:

As long as you aren't like the person that spent $500 rolling EVE garapon and never ended up getting her.

I weep for the person who did that. :c
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:19 pm

I'm going to answer the next question that I'm sure is going to come up preemptively.

• If you're going to play UC support, use Scorpton, A.Maid, Elme.S, or the free rankup Winberyl (change her LG and BS for something with slots)
  • If you're going to spend Rt, Bugsycait is an amazing bot. Greinaut's gravity wells can completely wreck a team's strategy if placed well. Buying an Rt Winberyl may be desirable if you want slotted/removable arms. All the Rt supports are really good, though.
  • If you're going to roll garapon...I'm not sure if there are any bad gara supports aside from the pom-pom lucheer that was in EVE gara. Just look for one with a support you like and go for it. If you're choosing between Winberyl Ellen and Winberyl Vesca, Vesca's bind is easier to use and more effective overall. You could also roll chibi gara once for a guaranteed support bot.
  • Back to top Go down
    Tomoe
    Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Suguri, you're a hero who reads minds. :'3

OH: Are "wonder bits" (Sorry if this is the wrong term, I still have yet to actually touch the game) expensive?

Or rather, is there a downside to playing as a support character? Are they more costly?
    I understand they get a lot of heat from people during PVP (good healer or not, people will always blame the healer if they loose) but just making sure I'm aware of obstacles ahead of me. Or if I need to be a penny pincher.
    Back to top Go down
    Suguri
    God Poster
    God Poster
    Suguri

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:31 pm

That's the problem with support. Until you have the UC to spam garapon for repair bits (or farm a decent amount of them from somewhere), you're pretty much screwed as far as healing goes.

You'll have an abundance of them soon enough, it's just that starting out supply is short and they aren't shop purchasable.
    Back to top Go down
    Tomoe
    Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:37 pm

That shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'm pretty patient in terms of builds.
    Would you suggest making a different character first to raise UC? Or is there even a way to transfer funds to a different character?

Edit: Sorry for asking so many questions. <3 Thanks so much again.
    Back to top Go down
    Nevano
    Nevano

Male Posts : 92

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:59 pm

@Tomoe wrote:
    Would you suggest making a different character first to raise UC? Or is there even a way to transfer funds to a different character?

Different characters? Do you mean accounts? because UC is based on accounts not per bot.
    Back to top Go down
    Tomoe
    Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:04 pm

@Nevano wrote:
    @Tomoe wrote:

Different characters? Do you mean accounts? because UC is based on accounts not per bot.

Seriously?!

Awww yeah. alien
    Back to top Go down
    Nevano
    Nevano

Male Posts : 92

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 8:15 pm

yep so dont worry, and save all your UC int the first 10-15 levels you will get a ton form the rank ups
    Back to top Go down
    Tomoe
    Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 11:21 pm

@Nevano wrote:
    yep so dont worry, and save all your UC int the first 10-15 levels you will get a ton form the rank ups

Ahh thank you! This is the kind of stuff I always slip up on. :'3
    Back to top Go down
    Suguri
    God Poster
    God Poster
    Suguri

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 11:24 pm

Oh, I completely forgot about Tarantulic for non-Rt support. Very small, very low-cost, and its internal beam web causes long-lasting slow and pierces. Very useful.
    Back to top Go down
    knyx
    Grand Poster
    Grand Poster
    knyx

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 11:39 pm

@Suguri wrote:
    Oh, I completely forgot about Tarantulic for non-Rt support. Very small, very low-cost, and its internal beam web causes long-lasting slow and pierces. Very useful.

Tara+berrl arms/alternatively swap one for Busy cat AM2=disposable Trollantulic that stuns, slows/disables subweapon. Give him a burst bit, electron guns and oh god.
    Back to top Go down
    Suguri
    God Poster
    God Poster
    Suguri

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 11:57 pm

My lv0 taran on JP is armless and just webspams while using an undead bit. :V
    Back to top Go down
    necrio
    Master Poster
    Master Poster
    necrio

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:44 am

first, before you play supports for life, you need to understand a thing or two :

Supports are not necessarily healers. In fact, most of them (the Rt ones at least) are much more adept at disrupting and debuffing enemies rather than healing. Bugsycait can lock enemy bot's subs (melee attacks) with his shield / shock tonfa (BOOM version), Grienaut can fuck up strategies with his gravity manipulation, Winberrl is your plain ol' trap and kill bot. They're not your squishy clerics from RPGs, they're powerful combat bots in their own right. Especially since they lack any damage type weakness.

And since I also want to answer your questions with my answers :

Not really. AIRs are not that strong. They're fast and mobile but unlike LNDs their mobility time is limited by their boost gauges, and when they are forced to land they're pretty fucked. This game is pretty balanced IMO.

So far it's quite balanced. Lots of all four types. Especially since AIRs lack any real powerful bots. ARTs got their railguns and EVEs, LNDs got kamui staff and fencers and oukas, SUP got bugsycaits grienauts and nicole. AIR only has seraph which is pretty horrible compared to the aces of other types.

No. Supports are utility bots as I stated above. They are not essential, but they are very useful.

Perhaps EVE with her gigantic energy cannon shots, but that's about it.

PVP is quite balanced. PVE? One shot all the mobs and gain phat lewtz.
    Back to top Go down
    Suguri
    God Poster
    God Poster
    Suguri

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:56 am

@necrio wrote:
    AIR only has seraph which is pretty horrible compared to the aces of other types.
    Oh dear, where to start here. Air's actually rather glorious in the sense that it's the only type where maxing its mobility stat can make any core useful at even moderately high skilled levels of play. For example, I have a 620 cost beezle with 407 HP and 40 fly. Basically, any air is good as long as you can bring its fly up, and you can pull that off with just about every air.

Also, with the exception of ABR and crossbows, all the typical air weapons are either UC or drop (Ballista Shooters are both UC gara and drop in JP, so ABR's really the only non-UC wep in that sense).
    Back to top Go down
    Z741
    Adept Poster
    Adept Poster
    Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 3:10 am

@Suguri wrote:
    4. Lily Rain EVE, Ivis, Ouka, Vanguard Fencer, Patty Lop, Frau Adone, anything with Short Boost. Let me know if I missed anything there, people rage at a lot of things ;o
    Birdy AMs :v

Especially when put on a Beezle named "Berzelius Spawn" an Air Raider
    Back to top Go down
    Mist
    Regular Poster
    Regular Poster
    Mist

Male Posts : 258

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 3:21 am

@Suguri wrote:

3. The team without a healer is the team that's going to lose, period.

QFT. no matter how well you do, if you die because of lack of healer then the game is lost inevitably.
    Happens with me all the time. Kill a few bots get 3 stars on my head, die due to lack of hp(obviously), and lose a ton of BP. All that effort wasted.
    Back to top Go down
    Suguri
    God Poster
    God Poster
    Suguri

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 3:22 am

@Z741 wrote:
    @Suguri wrote:

Wow, did I really miss fagwing arms? It was even the second thing I thought of when I was writing the list. :c
    Back to top Go down
    Z741
    Adept Poster
    Adept Poster
    Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 3:29 am

@Suguri wrote:
    @Z741 wrote:
    @Suguri wrote:

Wow, did I really miss fagwing arms? It was even the second thing I thought of when I was writing the list. :c
    Eh probably got knocked out of thought by Patty Lop. Both are spammy rifle rounds after all.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice   "ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice Empty

Back to top Go down

"ROLL A CLERIC" - In need of nooby advice
    Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: Tech Support-
    Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com