Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Nicole Malice mini-guide

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Nicole Malice mini-guide Empty
PostSubject: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:20 pm

Not going to get too elaborate, just enough for you to figure out what you should be doing with her.

Things unique to Malice
  • Soul Rod - Inflicts shell damage, bots that are hit have part of their wonder bit gauge stolen (ONLY way for Malice to charge her bit) and are given Bad Booster (boost gauge empties quickly; same status effect given by Amateus' Solar Buster). The rod can lock onto up to four targets at once and has great homing, making it great as anti-air and anti-hopper.

• Mode Change - Changes her equipped weapon (if any) in her AM into her Soul Rod. Using this again changes it back, which may be preferred when your bit is charged and/or in use.

• Necromancy - Summons her Deadeye Bit, affectionately(?) referred to as "Mister Jazz Hands" by the NPC Malice. The bit is in three parts, composed of both hands and the body. The body fires homing fireballs that deal blast damage and cause burning. At range, the hands fire off shadow missiles that deal blast damage and cause Bad Booster, and up close they'll shove bots that get too close for melee damage with high knockback. All of Deadeye's attacks have 43 force. Necromancy can be used without a full wonder bit gauge.

Cartridges of interest
  • Guard carts - Being a support, Malice gets all four of them. At the very least I recommend sword and blast. The best counter to Malice is melee, so prioritize sword.

• Tough Wonder Bit - Significantly increases Deadeye's survivability. This is good for two reasons; he won't get blown up in a matter of seconds, and he'll be durable enough to meatshield you from the sides and behind.

• Float Dash - Utilizes Malice's astoundingly high fly for quick evasive maneuvering. Note that it lasts for under a second with Deadeye active.

• Short Boost - Alternative to Float Dash, but hopping is nerfed horribly by Bad Booster, I wouldn't recommend it unless you're not planning on hopping with the bit out.

• Sway - Only movement cart that doesn't use boost, but with Malice's low wlk you'll need to do some heavy tuning to take advantage of it.

• Boost Run - Do not get this. If you have boost run, you'll be limited to regular walking when Deadeye is active, and you do not want that.

Stats, and their relevance
  • Str: Odds are you aren't using Malice for melee, but if you want Deadeye to have decent duration and damage you'll need to keep this close to tec.

• Tec: Bumps up the damage of your rod and guns, which is always a good thing. If you don't increase str with it though, keep in mind that Deadeye's damage and duration are going to suffer.

• Fly: Malice's best stat, with her BD's fly being only one lower than Seraph's. You'll be using flight and/or float dash/short boost as your primary source of movement.

• Wlk: Because Malice's flight-related movement methods are gimped horribly by Deadeye, you still need a respectable amount of wlk to not be a free kill with the bit active.

• Tgh: Aside from the usual, if tgh applies to bits like it apparently does with shields, you may want this to increase deadeye's survivability more.

• In short, you'll want at least the first four of the five stats at decent amounts. Good luck pumping everything with her capacity.
  • Back to top Go down
    SkyPanic
    Adept Poster
    Adept Poster
    SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:06 pm

when she active dead eye she ll be in bad booster mode too ?
    and TGH can make dead eye tougher ? then is it work with Patty 's puppet ?
    Back to top Go down
    Suguri
    God Poster
    God Poster
    Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:18 pm

@SkyPanic wrote:
    Correct, as long as the bit's out you're going to suffer from bad booster.

@SkyPanic wrote:

Like I already said, I don't know if tgh actually helps wonder bits anyway. A clanmate tested it with shields and says it helps those, so I'd imagine bits would share the bonuses too.
    Back to top Go down
    SkyPanic
    Adept Poster
    Adept Poster
    SkyPanic

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:39 pm

@Suguri wrote:
    @SkyPanic wrote:
    Correct, as long as the bit's out you're going to suffer from bad booster.

@SkyPanic wrote:

Like I already said, I don't know if tgh actually helps wonder bits anyway. A clanmate tested it with shields and says it helps those, so I'd imagine bits would share the bonuses too.

just a little off topic but i ve few question
    - if we tune up stat option at shield, is it still gives bonus or not when shield broke ?
    - is the eternal tune up option work great at shields ? or it's only work for part that ll make it hard to cut off and shield have their own HP and this won't work ?
    Back to top Go down
    Suguri
    God Poster
    God Poster
    Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:46 pm

Stats on a shield stay when the shield breaks.

Shields have their own HP (64 on Byne parts, 70 on buckler/viper, 180 on K-shield), so no, eternal tune won't work.
    Back to top Go down
    lemontea93
    lemontea93

Male Posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:58 pm

thx for the guide Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    Midreus
    Adept Poster
    Adept Poster
    Midreus

Male Posts : 686

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 9:15 pm

@Suguri wrote:

Shields have their own HP (64 on Byne parts, 70 on buckler/viper, 180 on K-shield), so no, eternal tune won't work.
    wat

Oh, question: do your bot's guard carts and weaknesses affect the amount of damage a shield takes? (and bits, if you know the answer for them as well)

Like say does my Seraph's Viper Shield take 2.3x damage from explosives since she's a AIR?
    Back to top Go down
    Suguri
    God Poster
    God Poster
    Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 9:19 pm

@Midreus wrote:
    @Suguri wrote:

wat

Oh, question: do your bot's guard carts and weaknesses affect the amount of damage a shield takes? (and bits, if you know the answer for them as well)

Like say does my Seraph's Viper Shield take 2.3x damage from explosives since she's a AIR?
    Same clanmate says guards affect shields.

I'm just guessing with bits, I've never done any comparison on it ;(
    Back to top Go down
    Intet
    Adept Poster
    Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 9:50 pm

@Midreus wrote:
    @Suguri wrote:

wat

From my personal experience, yes. I've noticed I can tank a lot of hits on my viper shield when I have it on my garula, but it breaks to zooka hits rather easily, while if I avoid taking those, it holds up for a whole match at times.
    Back to top Go down
    SkyPanic
    Adept Poster
    Adept Poster
    SkyPanic

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:21 pm

this ll be an good build for her ?

Nicole Malice mini-guide 1-7
    Back to top Go down
    SkyeMeir
    Regular Poster
    Regular Poster
    SkyeMeir

Male Posts : 117

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:26 pm

You should try to keep the difference between Str and Tec small or else her WB wont last long.
    Back to top Go down
    knyx
    Grand Poster
    Grand Poster
    knyx

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:37 pm

@SkyeMeir wrote:
    You should try to keep the difference between Str and Tec small or else her WB wont last long.

This, the whole point of Nikki is to have deadeye tank hits for her.
    Back to top Go down
    inzane14
    Regular Poster
    Regular Poster
    inzane14

Male Posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:46 pm

Since bits use the lower of the tec/str as basis for bonus damage, it would be good to keep them as equal as possible for length of bit and consistency of damage.
    Back to top Go down
    Shikaze
    Regular Poster
    Regular Poster
    Shikaze

Male Posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 2:17 am

I'd say, tune her for HP. She just got crap for HP, and given how much she has a sign saying "COME AND TARGET ME" once dead-eye is out... She'll need it to survive.
    Back to top Go down
    Broken
    Regular Poster
    Regular Poster
    Broken

Male Posts : 467

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 3:10 am

Thanks for the guide.^^
    Just a random question here.
    If Nicole's main weaponry's gonna be her bit.
    Would it be okay if i put random 3 slotted weapons for tunning?
    Since im using the Uc version Q_Q.
    Back to top Go down
    Nrvnqsr
    Nrvnqsr

Male Posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 3:20 am

I'm curious if putting slow tunes on her soul rod causes the shots to inflict slow along with the rest of the effects.
    Back to top Go down
    ziix
    FOOOOOOOOO~
    ziix

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 3:26 am

@Broken wrote:
    Thanks for the guide.^^

You got no other way to tune her, so I guess it shouldn't be a problem Neutral

If the purpose of the weapons is for tuning for stats only, use the cheapest 3 slot weapons you have, or 3 slot shields o_o
    Back to top Go down
    Puddin'
    Regular Poster
    Regular Poster
    Puddin'

Female Posts : 345

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:13 am

@ziix wrote:
    @Broken wrote:
    Thanks for the guide.^^

If the purpose of the weapons is for tuning for stats only, use the cheapest 3 slot weapons you have, or 3 slot shields o_o

Pompoms and handy magnems are 10 and 15 cost.

Also I think pompoms add 1 walk or something...
    Also also, pompoms were from EVE gara so just get handy mags or something.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:21 am

@Nrvnqsr wrote:
    I'm curious if putting slow tunes on her soul rod causes the shots to inflict slow along with the rest of the effects.
    That AM with soul rod can't be tuned with any of the sub-weapon tunes.
    Back to top Go down
    knyx
    Grand Poster
    Grand Poster
    knyx

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 8:25 pm

@Puddin' wrote:
    @ziix wrote:
    @Broken wrote:
    Thanks for the guide.^^

Pompoms and handy magnems are 10 and 15 cost.

Also I think pompoms add 1 walk or something...
    Also also, pompoms were from EVE gara so just get handy mags or something.

Farm arc red gates for 3s handy mags, manimo knifes and etc, cheap slots, and you get rid of them with a mode change without throwing off the stats.

Wish there were 3s pompoms, I think they were like that in JP, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Back to top Go down
    monkeytheifx
    monkeytheifx

Male Posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 9:43 pm

so wut tunes shuld i get for her *_*?
    tune moar tec and str for more dmg when activating deadeye? :O
    or moar wlk/fly ?
    Back to top Go down
    Suguri
    God Poster
    God Poster
    Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:03 pm

@monkeytheifx wrote:
    or moar wlk/fly ?
    This is why it's a mini-guide laying things out for you, so you can figure it out yourself ;o

• str and tec need to be raised together if you want to raise your bit's damage and keep its duration as high as possible
  • fly is her best mobility stat
  • wlk is still necessary for moving effectively with Deadeye active

You obviously don't have the capacity to raise everything. In JP I think I'm going to try wlk + fly, in EN I'll probably go with 30 fly, then raise tec and str together. It's really up to you, like I said she doesn't have the capacity for heavy tuning, so it shouldn't have much of an impact either way.
  • Back to top Go down
    monkeytheifx
    monkeytheifx

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 11:54 pm

@Suguri wrote:
    @monkeytheifx wrote:
    or moar wlk/fly ?
    This is why it's a mini-guide laying things out for you, so you can figure it out yourself ;o

• str and tec need to be raised together if you want to raise your bit's damage and keep its duration as high as possible
  • fly is her best mobility stat
  • wlk is still necessary for moving effectively with Deadeye active

You obviously don't have the capacity to raise everything. In JP I think I'm going to try wlk + fly, in EN I'll probably go with 30 fly, then raise tec and str together. It's really up to you, like I said she doesn't have the capacity for heavy tuning, so it shouldn't have much of an impact either way.

• oh thx :O
    im a very uncertian person and i wont be able to retune once i start tuning so i wanna make sure ><

so does raising tec+str make Deadeye deal more dmg?
    and that 43 force = at 10 tec Deadeye deals 43 dmg?

Last edited by monkeytheifx on Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    Suguri
    God Poster
    God Poster
    Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 11:56 pm

@monkeytheifx wrote:

so does raising tec+str make Deadeye deal more dmg?
    and that 43 force = at 10 tec Deadeye deals 43 dmg?
    Correct. Since it's a bit, it uses whichever attack stat is lower for the damage, so you need to raise both to raise the damage.
    Back to top Go down
    monkeytheifx
    monkeytheifx

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 12:02 am

@Suguri wrote:

it uses whichever attack stat is lower for the damage.

whichever attack stat? does that apply for every bit? :O
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice mini-guide   Nicole Malice mini-guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Nicole Malice mini-guide
    Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
    Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com