Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)

Go down 
+28
fhoeng
pulupulu
Kitouski
Fireflywater
Nihil679
Iseal
tiflisben
hyorinryu
xzpwnz
Getab
Etherlight
Trill
ziix
narutosupernova
Nisa
Hellenisti
Strill
knyx
Hyoka
blead
FireKiller87
SkyeMeir
LazerRazer
reiya
Intet
necrio
Suguri
ngelicdark
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268

[General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:11 am

Just a bit of correction to the rifles: Raid Rifle is 4 shots, not 5. Raid Rifle is +1 FLY. Assault Rifle, the 3 shot variant, is +1 WLK. Scout Rifle is -4 STR, correct on that part. Scout Rifle is noticeably longer between shots, but it's still pretty fast firing. Under Hyper Shot, I'd take Scout Rifle. The burst is much longer, and the INT diference is negligible IMO (TGH might actually make the Scout BETTER).

For Run+Gun with burst-fire weaponry such as Raid/Assault Rifles, Motorized Gun, etc, it gets harder to stafe as your WLK stat gets close to the cap. Sway at that level of WLK will point your bot's body closer to the target and allow for more accurate aim with burst weapons.

Could you put in a small note for Rocket/Compact Launcher's delayed homing if you haven't already? I couldn't find them under Blast weapons. Thanks!

Really late edit: Raid/Assault don't have the negative stats, I think I had them mixed with ABR or something.

Last edited by Iseal on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

[General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:16 pm

Yeah, I was going to tell you to edit the 1 post intro. >.>

Xshooter does have high stun rate.
V-2 way Missiles have 140 cost.
Blast Zook has 20 force, so with blast guard -> 20/2 = stupid shit 10 base force.
(And 19 base force if you can do 40 tec with great force*3.)
I think Core Breaker's from gara.
Titan Zook has exactly 200 cost. (not +)
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:54 pm

Oooh those were the corrections I forgot to make weeks ago..thanks for the reminder.

Will update. Ty guys.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:49 am

Quick notes about certain bots I own...(quirks and shit like that):

Seraph Crimrose: The Seraph Tackle immunity thing(up to the loop), and once you activate Wings, you have to press n hold the spacebar at the right time(once the wings flare out, a halfsecond after that), otherwise you're gonna drop to the ground where fatass ARTs can get you.

Mach Knight One: Pulsemissile Core does not immediately home in on the target. In fact, the homing(so far as I can see) sucks against highly mobile targets. It also doesn't work if you're not directly facing the target when firing.

Lily Rain: The Psyslicer making her stop moving, and Psygun acceleration on faster-moving targets.

LazFlamme BS: 2-part attack: Dash does 1 damage, Kick does damage according to STR + 12 Force. Kick blows target straight up into the air. Dash can be used in midair or in water(no kick).

Cyclotes AM: Delay before initial and secondary attack. Also travels a considerable distance.

Missiles and stuff like that: Some fire two or more missiles per salvo. Look at the barrel of the gun and count the number of holes/missiles you see. That'll tell you how many projectiles are shot per one click. Tentrion HD also works this way(two holes in the antennae, two Pulsemissiles fired per click).

Grenade weaponry(anything that has a bell-shaped projectile motion path): Can be used like a Snailbot on Tundra Wall. Firing at high angles(75 degree plus, but I like to go maximum angle, and thats what measurements are based off) to the ground causes the Grenade to travel a long distance(if my measurements are good, approximately the radius of your mini radar circle) and strike almost perpendicular to the ground. Excellent for long range bombardment, especially because you won't be locked on and thus your enemies will not be warned. Works better with vertically fatter bots, like a Destructor almost any M or L sized bot with Missile Barrel LGJ, or a Cyclotes.

Psycho Formula AM/AM2: Psygun launch area is vertically and horizontally randomized up to a certain radius.

...That's all I can think of in a few minutes. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Getab
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Getab

Female Posts : 197

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:19 pm

Two more breakers you may want to list in the Blast Weapons category...
[General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 Screen12
[General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 Screen13
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:13 am

Congrats. Stickied. cheers
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:15 pm

OMG IT WAS. TY REI I THINK YOU WERE THE ONE WHO DID THIS!

I love you <3

Now I hafta start updating more frequently. >.>
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:23 am

Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:51 am

Big note on Float Dash:
I was playing around with my Float Dash Lily Rain, and I noticed that a full-length Float Dash eats approximately half of her Boost Gauge(which...appears to be around two seconds flight time, if memory serves, and of course shorter Float Dashes eat less). Also, Float Dashing will eat your Boost somewhat FASTER than normal takeoff and flight.

Also, shorter Float Dashes move you a distance proportionally shorter to the amount of Boost you consume, however shorter Float Dashes are very easily chained, similar to EVE in her story mission. Makes you almost as annoying to strike as a skilled hopper.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:59 am

I think Boost Gauge consumption depends on type of your robo.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 4:34 pm

blead wrote:

Probably. A Float Dash Airbot could probably float dash...a while. If my measurements are correct(one Float Dash = 2 seconds airborne), then an Air could Float Dash five times before completely draining the gauge(neglecting the amount of boost recharged upon landing. For reference, it takes about a half-second to recharge half of the gauge with Quick Boost active, so I'd believe that 1/3 of the gauge is recharged in a half-second without Quick Boost). Since Land and Support have only slightly shorter-lasting Boost gauges than Artillery, the difference in the number of Float Dashes is likely negligible.
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

Male Posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 5:21 pm

blead wrote:

Putting it in numbers and ratio,
AIRs have 12
LNDs and SUPs have 3
ARTs have 4

Basically, AIRs have four times the boost power as LNDs and SUPs, while three times the boost power of ARTs. ARTs have a 4:3 boost power ratio against LNDs and SUPs.
According to an acquaintance at least.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nihil679
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Nihil679 wrote:
blead wrote:

AIRs have 12
LNDs and SUPs have 3
ARTs have 4

Basically, AIRs have four times the boost power as LNDs and SUPs, while three times the boost power of ARTs. ARTs have a 4:3 boost power ratio against LNDs and SUPs.

If that's in seconds, AIR has 10 seconds, not 12, if I measured it right. The others are right.
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 3:32 am

FireKiller87 wrote:
Nihil679 wrote:
blead wrote:

AIRs have 12
LNDs and SUPs have 3
ARTs have 4

If that's in seconds, AIR has 10 seconds, not 12, if I measured it right. The others are right.

Is it really seconds? If so, it probably is 10, I thought they were ratios. Thank you for clearing that up.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:59 am

ngelicdark wrote:
Airs always have a 10 second flight time; other types have less.

Hey, it's in the first post! - -"
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 5:54 pm

blead wrote:
ngelicdark wrote:

Thanks for being an ass about it.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:04 pm

Nihil679 wrote:
blead wrote:
ngelicdark wrote:

The irony.

Anyhoo, yeah, I'm used to people not reading. But thanks, I was looking for concrete numbers to add for LND/Supports/ARTs. Will add next update.. hopefully tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:19 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
Nihil679 wrote:
blead wrote:

The irony.

Anyhoo, yeah, I'm used to people not reading. But thanks, I was looking for concrete numbers to add for LND/Supports/ARTs. Will add next update.. hopefully tomorrow.

READ MORE
Maybe I'll link this on my sig.

As for Boost Run...
I'll assume it goes off the Boost Gauge base time(Air-10 sec, Land/Support-3 sec, Artillery-4 sec) for each type. These are all estimations, and probably not correct. Land is, though.
Land-7 Seconds
Support-7 Seconds
Artillery-28/3 seconds(which equates to approximately 9.3333333 seconds)
Air-100/3 seconds(which equates to approximately 33.3333333 seconds, which is DEFINITELY not correct)

Also, from what I've seen of shortboosters, it appears to eat approximately...1/10th? of the Boost Gauge. If you could ignore the recharge when you hit the ground...
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 9:15 am

Idk, it seems really technical when you think about it. I doubt a lot of people are going to be okay, I have 4 seconds of boost left WHAT DO I DO OMGWTFBBQ HNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG-----

Okay dramatization over, the only things I know where people actually do that, is in HoN/DoTA/LoL because it really does count down to the last second at times, and these bars are not visible (well I think they are in LoL but...I don't know I don't play that game).

If you can find concrete numbers for those things, I'd really appreciate it. But I think it's just okay to leave it as is. You have a boost gauge to look at; and unless you were sapped by Nicole, you don't really need to know about how many hops I can do before I hafta stand still kinda deal.

In which if you were a hopper facing Nicole, you're probably better off running asap because you're not gonna survive very long if you keep trying to hammer her if she's accurate..
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:34 pm

Please excuse this double post:

Iseal: Have taken into account everything you said earlier; I'm sorry for not acknowledging your post sooner; I didn't read it until today to be honest while I was reviewing what I had to edit.

Fire: Added tidbit for Seraph; but the other things you have written there are too detailed for bots that aren't very popular. I'll get to them eventually, but if I had a line for every bot released up to date, I wouldn't have enough room in the posts to put the rest of what I planned in. Eventually I'll have that whole bot compendium begun when this thing is done (maybe in a few months..?) so it will have a place there. (Oh man I hope some people will help me write a blurb or something when this is done. Embarassed Don't mean you per se. But I just realized how much work that'll entail. This in itself was more work than I ever expected it to be.) No
Back to top Go down
tiflisben
tiflisben

Female Posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:46 pm

I dont know if I miss this out on the guide, Question is whats the break down of flight speed? what I can only see on the guide is for boost run.(I'm sorry if there is already for flight speed breakdown to lazy to read again >_<)

Anyway from what I know every 4 Fly makes a difference in Flight speed, Could someone confirm this one? Thank you very much for answering my question ^_^

Last edited by tiflisben on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/Gwenany
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:48 pm

tiflisben wrote:
I dont know if I miss this out onn the guide, Question is whats the break down of flight speed? what I can only see on the guid is for boost run.(I'm sorry if there is already for flight speed breakdown to lazy to read again >_<)

Anyway from what I know every 4 Fly makes a difference in Flight speed, Could someone confirm this one? Thank you very much for answering my question ^_^

Needs someone to post the breakpoints for WLK, FLY, Tgh since I can't remember them all.
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:37 pm

FLY: 10 14 18 22 26 30 31 34 38
WLK: I remember a 33 and 36, the rest is all lost. I also heard it was actually variable and dependent on a third factor, so this is up to heavy debate.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 pm

I remember TGH as 10, 16, 21, 29, something low-30s, 40.
Back to top Go down
tiflisben
tiflisben

Female Posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 12:48 am

can we have this tabled? I think all of us are not sure we need concrete evidence Smile

of course we want it organized and sure about the info Smile
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/Gwenany
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

[General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next