Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides



 
HomeSearchRegisterLog in

 

 Best "conventional" ART?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
zachie69
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zachie69

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 28
Location : Philippines

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 9:46 pm

Ok, so we have already established in the past threads that Amateus > Sturbanger and that amateus is THE BEST M-size art and that Sagitarius is the best Sniper-art.

However, if I wanna consider the best Artillery bot if my purpose is to bury my opponents in explosive ordinance, what store-bot should I get?

Destructor
Destructor CN
Sturbanger
Toybox
Other... (Amateus with other arms maybe?)

And pls post setup too.
Back to top Go down
ziix
FOOOOOOOOO~
ziix

Posts : 3459
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 26

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:00 pm

@zachie69 wrote:
Ok, so we have already established in the past threads that Amateus > Sturbanger and that amateus is THE BEST M-size art and that Sagitarius is the best Sniper-art.

However, if I wanna consider the best Artillery bot if my purpose is to bury my opponents in explosive ordinance, what store-bot should I get?

Destructor
Destructor CN
Sturbanger
Toybox
Other... (Amateus with other arms maybe?)

And pls post setup too.

Not toybox. He's only good for PS Sniping.
Not sturbanger either, cuz of costs. Everyone WILL go for you first for the kill.

Basically, anything with Misside AM's, with 2 Large Zooks/Box Missiles will do. I've even seen a Victory 1 with Misside AMs and Box Missiles.

*if you really want to use sturbanger, get the standard Variant, and try your best to make him not look like a sturbanger.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 22
Location : Japan

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:09 pm

Destructor has a fantastic internal, fantastic stats, and an obscene amount of capacity (only 5 less than King Gigaton with all carts iirc, and Gigaton doesn't have internal missiles). If you want an L-art, he's your bot.

If you migrate to JP/if he shows up in weekly gara in the near future in EN, Albatross is proving to be quite the ferocious art, with terrific mobility to boot.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708
Join date : 2011-03-08
Location : Blowing FC Seraph out of my airspace

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 11:09 pm

Destructor CN has a fantastic core weapon...Bazooka with something near 370 speed and serious force after both Core UP carts. It also has pretty good stats to boot. Once you get both core upgrades, no AIRbot is gonna come within 1000 feet of you because they risk getting blown out of the sky by your screamin' fast, oversized bazooka projectile that also does 2.3x damage to AIRbots.
Replace the AM2s with Misside AMs, give it Large Bazooka and/or Box Missiles. You can also give it Eight Vulcan for instant bloodshed on any LND foolish enough to rush you.
If you feel like missiles, buy two Asura AMJs(100 RT, so its expensive) and equip MORE MISSIDE AMs. If you can find the capa for it, you can have eight missiles embedded in your freakish arms, plus the Box Missiles.

Destructor Girl is essentially a moe Destructor. She has the AAmissiles AND the moe factor. Since she's human(sort of), you can't detach her parts or junk her. Therefore you need to give her the best weapons you have. DG also has serious mobility and is more difficult to kill because she's smaller than fata** Destructor.

Personally, I use Lily Rain a LOT more than either of my Destructors. The best part about Lily is her above average mobility, something you usually don't see on heavier ARTs like Destructor.
Generally the more humanoid ARTs have better mobility, e.g Lily Rain, EVE, DG, etc.
Lily's Psyguns are good for light harrassment and support, and the RoF increases admirably when Hyper Shot is in effect, essentially making the Psygun an ESP 4-way machinegun. It will piss people off.
The Psyslicers are powerful, but a Lily Rain Majalis can use them without having to stop moving. The normal Lily Rain has to stop firing and can't move while activating the Psyslicers, making her vulnerable if you foolishly use it near a large group of enemies.

Since Lily can't use Large Bazookas, you can use a smaller size zooka and equip two Misside AMs to her to simulate a heavy L ART.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 22
Location : Japan

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 11:21 pm

@FireKiller87 wrote:
DG also has serious mobility and is more difficult to kill because she's smaller than fata** Destructor.
Where do people get this from? They have almost identical starting mobility stats, but Destructor can switch his parts out for parts with more wlk or fly, and has more capacity to fit more tuneups as well. 40 tec 40 wlk and 40 tec 40 fly destructor builds are both possible, but you can't pull the same on DGirl due to capacity and part limitations.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708
Join date : 2011-03-08
Location : Blowing FC Seraph out of my airspace

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 11:55 pm

@Suguri wrote:
@FireKiller87 wrote:
DG also has serious mobility and is more difficult to kill because she's smaller than fata** Destructor.
Where do people get this from? They have almost identical starting mobility stats, but Destructor can switch his parts out for parts with more wlk or fly, and has more capacity to fit more tuneups as well. 40 tec 40 wlk and 40 tec 40 fly destructor builds are both possible, but you can't pull the same on DGirl due to capacity and part limitations.

I always thought DG had more mobility than normal Destructor/CN. Probably cuz I'm going with minimal WLK/FLY CN and I haven't tried DG.
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268
Join date : 2011-03-11

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 11:58 pm

On the flip side of Sturbanger having such a huge *SHOOT ME* sign on it, you can make your other ARTs look like a Sturbanger and kill the idiots who flock to you. Stick the LG and AMs on something, mess with the colors, name it Sturbanger... heck, you might not even need the overpriced AMs!
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 29
Location : Malaysia

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 12:04 am

The best ARTs I know so far are

Lily Rain
Perhaps the most mobile, other than EVE

Amateus
It can have just as much mobility as Lily but with M size, it can have L sized weapons that pack a bigger punch. U can change its legs to Ace Braver or etc to make it small (almost as small as Lily Laughing ). It can have Short Boost and Quick Land carts so u can hop (I find this most entertaining when fighting an EVE Laughing )

Saggitary Maxis
Best L sized ART. Dun ask me why, I dun have it.
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268
Join date : 2011-03-11

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 12:07 am

Regular Lily or Majalis? I personally find Majalis Psyslicers to be more useful. Even if they dont have as good of homing, you can fire mid-flight, and the slower speed means you can fill the sky with slicers and psyguns.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

Posts : 3028
Join date : 2010-07-11
Age : 908

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 12:15 am

@Suguri wrote:
Destructor has a fantastic internal, fantastic stats, and an obscene amount of capacity (only 5 less than King Gigaton with all carts iirc, and Gigaton doesn't have internal missiles). If you want an L-art, he's your bot.

If you migrate to JP/if he shows up in weekly gara in the near future in EN, Albatross is proving to be quite the ferocious art, with terrific mobility to boot.

First off, I approve of your migrate pun.

Second of all, he's a freaking L sized carpet bomber with multilock and huge internal FLY. This shit will rule the skies.
Back to top Go down
zachie69
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zachie69

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 28
Location : Philippines

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 12:23 am

@FireKiller87 wrote:
Destructor CN has a fantastic core weapon...Bazooka with something near 370 speed and serious force after both Core UP carts. It also has pretty good stats to boot. Once you get both core upgrades, no AIRbot is gonna come within 1000 feet of you because they risk getting blown out of the sky by your screamin' fast, oversized bazooka projectile that also does 2.3x damage to AIRbots.
Replace the AM2s with Misside AMs, give it Large Bazooka and/or Box Missiles. You can also give it Eight Vulcan for instant bloodshed on any LND foolish enough to rush you.
If you feel like missiles, buy two Asura AMJs(100 RT, so its expensive) and equip MORE MISSIDE AMs. If you can find the capa for it, you can have eight missiles embedded in your freakish arms, plus the Box Missiles.

Destructor Girl is essentially a moe Destructor. She has the AAmissiles AND the moe factor. Since she's human(sort of), you can't detach her parts or junk her. Therefore you need to give her the best weapons you have. DG also has serious mobility and is more difficult to kill because she's smaller than fata** Destructor.

Personally, I use Lily Rain a LOT more than either of my Destructors. The best part about Lily is her above average mobility, something you usually don't see on heavier ARTs like Destructor.
Generally the more humanoid ARTs have better mobility, e.g Lily Rain, EVE, DG, etc.
Lily's Psyguns are good for light harrassment and support, and the RoF increases admirably when Hyper Shot is in effect, essentially making the Psygun an ESP 4-way machinegun. It will piss people off.
The Psyslicers are powerful, but a Lily Rain Majalis can use them without having to stop moving. The normal Lily Rain has to stop firing and can't move while activating the Psyslicers, making her vulnerable if you foolishly use it near a large group of enemies.

Since Lily can't use Large Bazookas, you can use a smaller size zooka and equip two Misside AMs to her to simulate a heavy L ART.

Coincidentally, My commando right now is my:

Destructor Girl (Railgun-micro zook)
Izuna (Limited Plasma Gun, Wisp-LGs)
Lily Rain (Dual Misside Arms, Build-Arm BS to turn "off" my psyslicers, Railgun, musket)

My Destructor CN which Im just testing out is dual misside arms, dual Basooka (from steel rider) and steel rider LGs. I'm just asking around for a conventional ART because I've been using small-sized moe-Arts for a while and just wanna have a little change-of-pace.

I'm just gonna ask if buying sturbanger to get his Arms is worth it. I'm thinking of replacing the dual misside Arms on my Destructor-CN with dual Sturbanger arms is good or bad.

I'm Still gonna choose (mobile moe-bot ART) > (pure firepower Art) in the long run though.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 24

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 1:52 am

Destructor.

nuff Said.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/nisae/
Valkyrie
Master Poster
Master Poster
Valkyrie

Female Posts : 2457
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 28
Location : procrastinating somewhere

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 3:31 am

In terms of mobility, I think that Armed Build Arm has quite some promise. Problem is that he hasn't got much firepower. I think of obtaining those shooting shields, to give his bursts more power. Or I might even try to equip him with toybox AMs.

How did you guys obtain misside AMs?


Last edited by Valkyrie on Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 33
Location : Philippines

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 3:39 am

@FireKiller87 wrote:
@Suguri wrote:
@FireKiller87 wrote:
DG also has serious mobility and is more difficult to kill because she's smaller than fata** Destructor.
Where do people get this from? They have almost identical starting mobility stats, but Destructor can switch his parts out for parts with more wlk or fly, and has more capacity to fit more tuneups as well. 40 tec 40 wlk and 40 tec 40 fly destructor builds are both possible, but you can't pull the same on DGirl due to capacity and part limitations.

I always thought DG had more mobility than normal Destructor/CN. Probably cuz I'm going with minimal WLK/FLY CN and I haven't tried DG.

You can get her to 40 WLK. But there is a price: No Guard carts, not even one. So I settled to 30. I kinda calced using CBcalc.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 28

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 3:44 am

@Valkyrie wrote:
How did you guys obtain misside AMs?

Arcantus/Arena spam. Have like two of these on my Lily and four spares.

... Not like I use these much, what with Amateus and Maril being my main ARTs for now.

@zachie69 wrote:

I'm just gonna ask if buying sturbanger to get his Arms is worth it. I'm thinking of replacing the dual misside Arms on my Destructor-CN with dual Sturbanger arms is good or bad.

No. AFAIK, Sturbanger AMs can't hold weapons, while Misside still can. If you want to switch those out, better go with AccelSaber AMs for TEC bonus.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 31

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 4:11 am

@NumeroDoS wrote:
Sturbanger AMs can't hold weapons, while Misside still can.
I got a Sturbanger for the lol and I have it holding dual Beam Rifles. Razz

I'm much more inclined to say that the BD missiles are better than the AMs since I remember them outlasting in a fire all burst. Will check the numerical stats later.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 28

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 4:13 am

Oh, so it can hold weapons then? (Then why do all the Sturbangers I see don't have anything?)

My mistake then. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 31

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 4:20 am

Probably since it doesn't have very much capacity to work with. Needed a lot of cost carts for the better weapons, and since Sturbangers are seen as Free Points anyway....
Back to top Go down
zachie69
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zachie69

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 28
Location : Philippines

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 5:29 am

@Z741 wrote:
Probably since it doesn't have very much capacity to work with. Needed a lot of cost carts for the better weapons, and since Sturbangers are seen as Free Points anyway....

So about replacing my dual misside arms on my destructor CN with dual sturbanger arms?

Is it good or bad? I always find my misside arms running out of ammo so I just kinda thought that since sturbanger arms have 1000 ammo, they can be a replacement. But with all the anti-sturbanger propaganda out there, maybe the arms arent just worth it... or is it?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 6:00 am

Whoever has a Destructor Girl, I'm going to lick her ears~~!!! <3 XDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268
Join date : 2011-03-11

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 3:01 pm

If you can handle the spacing needed for the Sturbanger AMs as well as the added cost, I would suggest those. Sturbanger AM has about 1/3rd the displayed ammo if you fight in a tight area, seeing as the side missiles will hit walls/other people/trees. The first shot is always forward, so short bursts can semi-mitigate it. You really NEED to work for every last bit of extra range for anything related to Sturbanger, so you'd want some wep to deter them from coming close. I personally use Blast Bazookas to scare off overly eager AIR units, but the tradeoff is that Blast Guard on a rusher makes me more or less useless if they come for me.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

Posts : 3028
Join date : 2010-07-11
Age : 908

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 4:50 pm

@NumeroDoS wrote:
Oh, so it can hold weapons then? (Then why do all the Sturbangers I see don't have anything?)

My mistake then. Sorry.

The AMs are capa killers, if you ditch them then you can hold some actual weapons.

On the topic of AMs, Gathimas are versatile and the missile arm fires a shot in front, as well as one upwards with the homing capability that's comparable to howitzer AMJs. The breaker arm is also pretty neat with 2 shots at a time, I'm not sure about the shotgun arm.
Back to top Go down
chengsta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster


Male Posts : 214
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : Madison, Wisconsin

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 5:12 pm

I was just checking out genbura, that bot has the most capacity for an M sized bot.

+70 cost capacity, at the cost of 0....ZERO!! cost! You know how most bots got like "increase capacity +60, cost +20..." genbura has none of that bullshit. If anything, just play him as a normal m sized art, but with the bonus of a railgun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlpAyAjgTq4
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 22
Location : Japan

Best "conventional" ART? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 5:22 pm

@chengsta wrote:
I was just checking out genbura, that bot has the most capacity for an M sized bot.

+70 cost capacity, at the cost of 0....ZERO!! cost! You know how most bots got like "increase capacity +60, cost +20..." genbura has none of that bullshit. If anything, just play him as a normal m sized art, but with the bonus of a railgun.
But...

  • Core capacity vs core cost?
  • How many carts?
  • Back to top Go down
    knyx
    Grand Poster
    Grand Poster
    knyx

    Posts : 3028
    Join date : 2010-07-11
    Age : 908

    Best "conventional" ART? Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 6:05 pm

    @Suguri wrote:
    @chengsta wrote:
    I was just checking out genbura, that bot has the most capacity for an M sized bot.

    +70 cost capacity, at the cost of 0....ZERO!! cost! You know how most bots got like "increase capacity +60, cost +20..." genbura has none of that bullshit. If anything, just play him as a normal m sized art, but with the bonus of a railgun.
    But...

  • Core capacity vs core cost?
  • How many carts?

  • Health?

    I'd check but my CB's getting critical errors and can't get in.

    EDIT: whatever it was, it's fixed, and LIEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS, it's +70 cap for 20 cost. Well, from his cartlist, I don't have one myself.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content




    Best "conventional" ART? Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Best "conventional" ART?   Best "conventional" ART? Empty

    Back to top Go down
     
    Best "conventional" ART?
    Back to top 
    Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

    Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
    Jump to:  




    Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

    Theme by, Sean

    Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com