Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie with a gorillion questions!

Go down 
+2
Suguri
LazerRazer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LazerRazer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
LazerRazer

Female Posts : 455

Newbie with a gorillion questions! Empty
PostSubject: Newbie with a gorillion questions!   Newbie with a gorillion questions! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 4:26 pm

Hello!

Been reading the forums for the last 3 weeks.
Been playing Cosmic Break for about 3 weeks aswell. (At the time, I tough this would only be something I'd play for 20mins then uninstal. So do not point out the horrible name >: )

And as such, I've collected alot of questions that I haven't managed to find answers on.

Note for answering following questions: I do not purchase RT

Melee land unit!

So I've fallen in love with the Red Squealer, I've heard it's sauce and evernyan. So far the only parts I've got is the body, head and um, the BS i think? Wait it cant have a BS, or can it?

What's a good Land Melee to get for UC/Grinding?
What are good weapons? Since I do not have Squealer arms yet, I am rolling with a LL sword from the shop and a 8-vulcan.

Is it normal to have a tendency to just be gunning more than slashing as a melee? I cant catch those flyers when they're in the air! Grrrr
Should I use a Tarantulic HD just for the heck of perma slowing with the web?

Is the Squealer body (Booster charge thingy) worth it? Or are there better chest parts out there for UC/Drops?

Support

Any suggestions on a good one? I tried out the Scorpton one (Got him through daily lotto cube). I did horribly and put him in the sub garage in a fit of rage. I just didn't feel very supportive with him. Also I didn't feel the might of his tail that I've heard such great things of.

Getting no RT from surveys!

I've done surveys for alittle over 200 RT but I haven't got a single one, what gives?

What are ideal PvE bots?
I'm currently using the Purple haired pony tail girl (limited plasma gun + blaster that shoots X style) and Mach Knight (Wide plasma gun + standard blaster) and the third one is my Loli Rain, but she's more PvP specced and just holding the spot till I get a third member. At first I tried Winberrl but she did horribly.

I know I need something with a Shotgun and 3-way dagger, else the cool kids won't let me join on their runs Sad

Hows the Destructor in PvP?

Destructor was the first bot I ever bought. He have the 2-way missile and box missile launchers on him. Is he a good Art for the price? I feel myself getting too often raped by Vanguards being EVERYWERE... ALL ... THE... TIME!
So I swapped him with Loli Rain

Strong Air for pvp

I've used Helingal for a while now, but it doesn't feel that he packs the punch or got the blooming possibilities I want. What should I get? I am currently considering the fox girl that's a M flying. I heard something about her wisps being over the top.

Oh and I get a Crimrose.A (Pink Haired and got some weird, lousy lance weapon) from the RO lottocube (would rather have a Golden Manly Byne, but whatever). Should I scrap her or try to do something with her? This is apperently the "Melee" focused Crimrose, but her lance thingy, while looking fancy, is pretty horrible from what I feel about it.

-----------

More questions might pop up later. Thanks for reading and maybe even responding!

EDIT 1: Destructor Girl-chan is the most kawaii desu ne moe waifu, EVER!
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a gorillion questions!   Newbie with a gorillion questions! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 4:55 pm

You weren't kidding about the number of questions D; I've got time, fortunately.

LazerRazer wrote:

Melee land unit!

What's a good Land Melee to get for UC/Grinding?
What are good weapons? Since I do not have Squealer arms yet, I am rolling with a LL sword from the shop and a 8-vulcan.

Is it normal to have a tendency to just be gunning more than slashing as a melee? I cant catch those flyers when they're in the air! Grrrr
Should I use a Tarantulic HD just for the heck of perma slowing with the web?

Is the Squealer body (Booster charge thingy) worth it? Or are there better chest parts out there for UC/Drops?
For UC, your best melee options are either of the Jikuns or Squealer/another L-side land with Squealer arms, which you should stick two shields on or a shield and a gun. If you're looking to use melee weapons, the only really decent one that comes to mind is Kamui Staff (dropped by Haku on three-star difficulty). Sonic Blades can work well, but the range isn't too great. Lances deal good damage, but their range is rather linear and it's easy to slip through/past a target.

If you're gunning more than meleeing, you aren't really a melee bot, are you? :V

Tarantulic doesn't have an HD, its webs are in the BD.

Squealer BD has the best stats for melee as far as non-RT bots are concerned. Cart Step moves you at Shaden speed (equivalent to approximately 50 fly), and melee combo'd off of it does x1.5 damage.

LazerRazer wrote:

Support
Any suggestions on a good one? I tried out the Scorpton one (Got him through daily lotto cube). I did horribly and put him in the sub garage in a fit of rage. I just didn't feel very supportive with him. Also I didn't feel the might of his tail that I've heard such great things of.
Without Rt, you're probably best off with the Winberyl you get for free from ranking up. Elme S. and A.Maid (drop from Arcantus) are small, low-cost supports, and being that there isn't anything clearly defining about any of the UC supports, low cost is probably the most appealing option. Between the two, A.Maid has better offensive stats and support carts, while Elme has lower cost and mobility carts for defensive purposes. Really though, all the UC supports are pretty similar, you can't go wrong.

LazerRazer wrote:

Getting no RT from surveys!

I've done surveys for alittle over 200 RT but I haven't got a single one, what gives?
tl;dr surveys are derp

LazerRazer wrote:

What are ideal PvE bots?
I'm currently using the Purple haired pony tail girl (limited plasma gun + blaster that shoots X style) and Mach Knight (Wide plasma gun + standard blaster) and the third one is my Loli Rain, but she's more PvP specced and just holding the spot till I get a third member. At first I tried Winberrl but she did horribly.

I know I need something with a Shotgun and 3-way dagger, else the cool kids won't let me join on their runs Sad
>purple haired pony tail girl
If this is that Izuna Kamui from gara with the really nice stats that I want, I'm going to rage.
>limited plasma gun
1600 hours and I still don't have one of these, raging anyway .-.

"PvE" covers a broad range of things. For missions and arcantus, you won't need to change your builds at all. For Berzelius, use only shotguns. For Fractulus, it's best to use airs with blasters until you get the hang of the fight; if you can platform well with non-airs and get the range down for shotguns, graduate to those. For Haku, you need a melee weapon and a shotgun; 3-ways are the preferred melee option for most people since they're easily accessible and do good damage, but other weapons work as well (such as Duel Rapier). And don't bring artillery to a Haku fight or you will get yelled at.

And as a side note, change your airs' weapons to limited plasma + mini bazooka and wide plasma + mini bazooka, respectively. Blasters suck, and mini bazookas double as both the strongest weapon for most airs as well as the best air-to-air weapon.

LazerRazer wrote:

Hows the Destructor in PvP?

Destructor was the first bot I ever bought. He have the 2-way missile and box missile launchers on him. Is he a good Art for the price? I feel myself getting too often raped by Vanguards being EVERYWERE... ALL ... THE... TIME!
So I swapped him with Loli Rain
Destructor is pretty much the best L-art currently available, and that's counting Rt bots (I've got a strong feeling that Albatross is considerably better, but he's staying in the JP version for the time being). Lots of capacity, powerful internal AA missiles, great stats.

>implying lolis have E-cup breasts

LazerRazer wrote:

Strong Air for pvp

I've used Helingal for a while now, but it doesn't feel that he packs the punch or got the blooming possibilities I want. What should I get? I am currently considering the fox girl that's a M flying. I heard something about her wisps being over the top.

Oh and I get a Crimrose.A (Pink Haired and got some weird, lousy lance weapon) from the RO lottocube (would rather have a Golden Manly Byne, but whatever). Should I scrap her or try to do something with her? This is apperently the "Melee" focused Crimrose, but her lance thingy, while looking fancy, is pretty horrible from what I feel about it.
Helingal's a great bot according to most people, but I feel he's not too great until you've tuned fly on him a bit, and he's none too good at air-to-air dogfights. Pulse missiles are a great harassment weapon though, and are highly accurate against grounded targets.

Assuming I'm right about you having violet Izuna Kamui (only "purple ponytail air" I can think of), Nagi is nothing but a downgrade. If I'm completely wrong, then I don't know how she'd compare. You'd probably find her to be more useful than Mach Knight, at least.

Haven't gotten to use the beam spear arm, I've heard good things about it though. If you don't want to use it, Crim's a great air bot in her own right, just slap a plasma gun and mini bazooka on her. You can promote her to Seraph Crimrose (probably the best S-air in the game even with Rt bots considered) at level 10, but considering how the crim you have is a rare one I'd probably leave her unpromoted and get a regular UC Crim for that.
Back to top Go down
LazerRazer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
LazerRazer

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a gorillion questions!   Newbie with a gorillion questions! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 5:16 pm

Yay! Answers on questions that I for a long time have been wondering about!

Loli-Rain is just my renamed Lily Rain that I started off with, the words was too similar, I couldn't stop thinking about it!

The "Purple haired girl" I was talking about was Jikun Long, I never said she was air D;
Limited Plasma Guns drops for me all the time, I wish I would get Squealer parts instead... When is the trading system gonna get installed!?

I don't know what a Shaden is, but I know that 50 FLY is alot! Does that mean that you do more damage the faster you are while slicing?
What does 3star mean? I never saw any difficulty settings on missions except Easy/Normal/Hard. Is 3 star = Hard?

Removing blasters??? But they are like shotguns! Super mega great against big bosses, right? I mean they're purely made for PvE'ing.

So if I want an air, I buy a Crimrose and level her to 10 then upgrade her to a Super Crimrose for the 100,000 UC. Check! (I missed out on getting that promote on today's lotto cube :X)

Oh and one more question for now....

How do I change the color of my name so it fits with the DOS/BRD/WIZ group I'm in?

Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a gorillion questions!   Newbie with a gorillion questions! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 5:24 pm

For Support, UC Koko Gaap is also another damn solid choice if you have the luck stat to roll her in the Garapon.
Back to top Go down
LazerRazer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
LazerRazer

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a gorillion questions!   Newbie with a gorillion questions! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 5:29 pm

Z741 wrote:
For Support, UC Koko Gaap is also another damn solid choice if you have the luck stat to roll her in the Garapon.

I spend my UC on the other Garapon roller to get dat rare cube to potentionaly get my hands on Ivis in the future. (I've heard, that she will be a potentional drop in the lotto cubes and proven so already on the JP version!)

It's farfetched, but gotta try my luck Razz

Currently tho, saving my UC for buying LVL.5+ upgrades for my Loli Rain
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a gorillion questions!   Newbie with a gorillion questions! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:43 pm

LazerRazer wrote:

The "Purple haired girl" I was talking about was Jikun Long, I never said she was air D;
Wait, Limited Plasma isn't air-only? What the hell D;

LazerRazer wrote:

Limited Plasma Guns drops for me all the time, I wish I would get Squealer parts instead... When is the trading system gonna get installed!?
<Tempura> When you charge more root.

LazerRazer wrote:
Does that mean that you do more damage the faster you are while slicing?
No, it's just a special attribute of cart step.

LazerRazer wrote:

What does 3star mean? I never saw any difficulty settings on missions except Easy/Normal/Hard. Is 3 star = Hard?
You're thinking of missions. Boss quests require you to gather treasure on the way to the boss fight. More treasures = harder boss fight, between 0* (no treasure; also no prize on completion, really just a joke fight for lulz), 1* (one treasure), 2* (three treasures), and 3* (five treasures).

LazerRazer wrote:

Removing blasters??? But they are like shotguns! Super mega great against big bosses, right? I mean they're purely made for PvE'ing.
Blasters are extremely weak compared to shotguns. I made a thread on it somewhere, shotguns have about twice the DPS of a Blaster. The only Blaster you should be using for bosses is Omega Blaster, all others are too weak. The only weapons that outdamage a shotgun for boss fights are custom shotguns (drops from Fractulus), omega blasters, and delta vulcans (garapon I believe).

LazerRazer wrote:

How do I change the color of my name so it fits with the DOS/BRD/WIZ group I'm in?
Don't remember lol, I think you can either apply for it somewhere in your profile, or you have to ask an Admin. There's a thread for it somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a gorillion questions!   Newbie with a gorillion questions! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:54 pm

Okay then, in order:

Trading System: I doubt even Tempura knows for certain. :x It's one of those things to be implemented at some point in the future, if at all.

Shaden: The BS provides a burst of hax-level FLY speed but breaks down afterwards.... or something like that. Not completely sure. He's the third bot in Garapon Unit 01.

Helingal: Generally melee strength [including Helingal's rotor blades] is dependent on STR. I'm guessing Suguri was going after FLY for him to move a bit faster, avoiding other AIRs with bazookas on them.

3-star: Yeah this is the difficulty level of the boss. 3* is hard, 2* is normal, 1* is easy.... and 0* is a walk in the park. Razz [0* is when you get to the outpost with no treasures *at all*.]

Blasters: A regular shotgun outclasses the blaster in terms of Damage Per Second.... but *do* have more range, which is why they see use in the Fractulus encounter. For Arcantus though, that'd be more ideal if you're spraying a huge group of enemies, otherwise you're just wasting ammo.

AIRs: That's one option, as Seraphs do have that nice built-in BS that provides 25? seconds of unlimited flight barring stun, of course. Don't forget the 75k you'll need for those Overlevel 5 and 8 items. If you don't want to commit to that grind, Izuna Kamui Nagi is a solid M-size AIR that is yours for just 16k in the shop.

and as for Union Color... just click the appropriate Union you are a member of: DOS, BRD, or WIZ and click the "Join Group" button. You'll see your username in another color when the staff gets to your request. Smile

Edit: Dammit Ninja'd again Mad

And Limited Plasmas ARE AIR-only.
Back to top Go down
LazerRazer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
LazerRazer

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a gorillion questions!   Newbie with a gorillion questions! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks for the responses guys! This have been really helpful. And about the Seraph, I already have 2xLVL.8+ upgrade thingies that I've got for free from logging in.

And I have so many different plasma guns that I can't even keep track on them, my bad for saying wrong on the limited being on Jikun!

But I do have a couple of Limited plasmas... And wide.... And standard...
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a gorillion questions!   Newbie with a gorillion questions! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 7:30 pm

LazerRazer wrote:

And I have so many different plasma guns that I can't even keep track on them
Plasma Gun
Limited Plasma Gun

That's all there is :V

Z741: I think the main advantage of blasters during frac is the piercing, which helps clear out the crowd immensely during the first phase. The range is nice during the fight itself when you haven't learned what platforms you can and can't shoot him from, though.
Back to top Go down
LazerRazer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
LazerRazer

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a gorillion questions!   Newbie with a gorillion questions! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 7:38 pm

Oh right, most be wide beam gun then, my bad
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a gorillion questions!   Newbie with a gorillion questions! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:04 pm

Suguri wrote:
LazerRazer wrote:

And I have so many different plasma guns that I can't even keep track on them
Plasma Gun
Limited Plasma Gun

That's all there is :V

Z741: I think the main advantage of blasters during frac is the piercing, which helps clear out the crowd immensely during the first phase. The range is nice during the fight itself when you haven't learned what platforms you can and can't shoot him from, though.

On 2* and 3* Frac explodes half the platforms, and those never reform, you're down from 8 platforms to 4 platforms available to shoot from if you're packing shotguns right off the bat. None of that would be a problem if you fly around with prop bits though.

Also, Ouka/Vanguard/Aivisu for the little frac mobs is fine too.

Funfax: CSG with a single force tune churns out 193 DPS, for a total of 11000 damage if you're alive to unload the whole clip.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a gorillion questions!   Newbie with a gorillion questions! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:58 pm

Suguri so naisu, I have a question too!

how much is a gorillion?
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a gorillion questions!   Newbie with a gorillion questions! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 11:26 pm

Nisa wrote:

how much is a gorillion?

how much a xz of Rt?
Back to top Go down
LazerRazer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
LazerRazer

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a gorillion questions!   Newbie with a gorillion questions! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 12:33 am

Nisa wrote:

how much is a gorillion?

Newbie with a gorillion questions! GorillionDollars
Back to top Go down
Shikaze
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Shikaze

Male Posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a gorillion questions!   Newbie with a gorillion questions! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 9:17 am

About Haku 3* : you can bring ONE ART in my opinion : Lily Rain. She's mobile enough, even more so when tuned, to dodge like another LND/AIR.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a gorillion questions!   Newbie with a gorillion questions! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:28 am

Shikaze wrote:
About Haku 3* : you can bring ONE ART in my opinion : Lily Rain. She's mobile enough, even more so when tuned, to dodge like another LND/AIR.
I use my Amateus, but I don't think I use it the way you'd expect someone to use Lily. :V

Though, as an art she still suffers one major problem: very, very limited melee weapon selection. 3-ways are unusable by arts. In fact, the only decent melee weapon you have for the fight with an art is Kamui Staff, which is tough enough to fit on an untuned lily as is. D;
Back to top Go down
Shikaze
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Shikaze

Male Posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a gorillion questions!   Newbie with a gorillion questions! EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:07 am

I use a short sword. Lily's not my usual bot for haku, but she can still be useful that way when I lvl her up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a gorillion questions!   Newbie with a gorillion questions! Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie with a gorillion questions!
Page 1 of 1