Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE

Go down 
+14
Feign
Z741
falconbane
Jello
zachie69
shinigami
Fate
Midreus
Yokura
MightyPeanut
Broken
Tryrant
CapeMike
BNOISE
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE Empty
PostSubject: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 3:36 am

OMG OMG OMG

I WANT TO KNOW WHO WINS!
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 3:37 am

Wait, there was a CB tourney for now in Japan?

Aw man...and they just got the bajeezus kicked outta them by a 8.8 monster...I'm getting word Tokyo got -hammered-.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Tryrant
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Tryrant

Male Posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 3:40 am

supposedly fires and stuff in tokyo, but what freaks me out is the monster tsunami that came because of the earthquake that keeps going.

Hope people in tokyo are ok.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 3:55 am

If my account is deleted or affected in anyway, I want my US$160 refund.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Broken

Male Posts : 467

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 4:08 am

LXE wrote:
Lol You jerk.D=
Back to top Go down
MightyPeanut
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MightyPeanut

Male Posts : 289

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 4:10 am

Pacific Ring of fire is going berserk Crying or Very sad New Zealand was really recently as well
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 4:13 am

"COSMIC BREAK TOU"

is what I saw on the newest post from the main page. I thought it was going to say "Cosmic Break Touhou" ><

//ontopic

I hope they recover soon ): Sounds like the earthquake was pretty nasty...
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

Male Posts : 686

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 4:17 am

D:

Malaysia is somewhere inside the Pacific Ring of Fire, luckily... but still, that sucks. Sad Hope everything's okay for everyone in the affected regions

also lol yokura
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 4:20 am

Watched it in the morning news. That looks pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Fate

Male Posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 4:31 am

GODDAM im in chile and lived the 8.8 i know that feel man, but dont worry, if japan can rebuild in a day by a godzilla attack they sure can after that quake...
Hopes everyone is safe. affraid
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 5:07 am

Just saw the news.Japan is in chaos.

Sad news.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 12:12 pm

LXE wrote:

That wont be possible if Japan and California are destroyed. Japan is already getting hit by mother nature and California is apparently next.
Back to top Go down
zachie69
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zachie69

Male Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 12:51 pm

LXE wrote:

I really dont think nows the time to be thinking of ONLY your account.

You could at least PRETEND to be concerned even a little bit...

Apathy is contagious they say.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 4:52 pm

Japan's iconic Tokyo Tower has been bent at the top, Tokyo Disneyland has taken damage, one of the country's major nuclear power plants is offline out of concern....

The CS crew reports they're all fine, though, and the game itself should continue interrupted as it's data servers were located somewhere that escaped reletively unharmed...but I wouldn't bet on the tourney happening anytime before next week....

On that note, and as I'm a -part- of Hotglue, I'll try to give my unbiased opinion on the outcome of the Hotglue/Snowflake matchup.

This one is going to be the proverbial irrestible force meets immovable object scenario; two evenly matched teams meeting in what I think will end up being the battle of the tournament...the map itself, I dont think, will be significant....

That said, I honestly think this one's gonna go to the team that manages to make the other's 1st mistake be their LAST one; this match won't go the distance...soon as one team stumbles, this one will be over in a matter of moments!

Winner: Undecided, but woe to the team who has to face the loser in the 3rd-place consolation match.... affraid
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 5:03 pm

oh dam i just realized at 8.8 this earthquake is like one of the top earthquakes to ever hit the world and probably the biggest quake ever to hit japan...

my guess, probably a good 2000 or 3000 people have died...
Back to top Go down
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 5:15 pm

More importantly what about my animus? OMG IF THEY'RE NOT ABLE TO COME OUT WITH THE NEW EPISODE OF MY BERRY BERRY MY SUPER MAGICAL GIRL I'M GONNA BE SO MAD!!!
Back to top Go down
falconbane

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 5:52 pm

I'll throw my unbiased view as well since CapeMike is so forthcoming.

hotglue's roster seem stable, shares the same time zone (relatively speaking), and have quite a few practice under the belt. There were a few "fakes" showing up in hg, but I think they are cleared of that.

snowflakes' roster is from all over the world, getting practice in is hard, members will be unavailable (both me and my planned replacement can't show up next week). It would a miracle if we have a fixed full team by next week. Spring Break's also in effect for a few of us (which means vacation). Let's not forget we have quite a few "incidents" involving unauthorized access to some of our members' account. It seems strange that bots were junked, but parts not gotten rid of via being sold.

At the moment, hg looks a touch more favourable due to their roster stability.

But I agree with CM, it's going to be a single mistake that will cascade into impatience leading to death/lost. One mistake and the game can go downhill, HARD, for one of the teams.

In all cases, I wish both team the best of luck.

Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 2:54 pm

MightyPeanut wrote:
Pacific Ring of fire is going berserk Crying or Very sad
As California is on said Ring of Fire... *starts cooking up an earthquake contingency plan*

Best of luck to both Hotglue and Snowflake, nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 3:08 am

BNOISE wrote:
oh dam i just realized at 8.8 this earthquake is like one of the top earthquakes to ever hit the world and probably the biggest quake ever to hit japan...

my guess, probably a good 2000 or 3000 people have died...
It was 8.9, actually... And it's at least the 7th largest earthquake in recent geological history by a large margin... Further analysis of the actual energy release might put it into the top five.

There were entire towns that were wiped out to sea with less than 30 seconds warning. If the final death toll is below 5000 I'll be pleasantly surprised. Currently the issue is that the electrical grid is failing wholeheartedly, large portions were running essentially on battery power since the quake started, and now that several of the plants are too damaged to turn back on, those reserves are gone. There's going to be rolling blackouts throughout Japan for quite a while until they repair their power plants.

One of their nuclear plants has pretty much pulled a 3 Mile Island act, but at least it didn't go full-on Chernobyl (and at this point, it can't even if they tried). Even in that case, there wasn't a panic, the evacuation went off without any trouble, and people took their iodine pills and chilled out. From the look of everything, the US news flipped out about it more then the Japanese news did.

I've spent most of the day looking at all the numbers of this, it's a clusterfuck, plain and simple. It's highly unlikely that nature could have thrown much more sheer energy at Japan than it did. Yet they've handled it well, possibly better than perhaps any other country in the world.

Still, my heart goes out to everyone who's missing someone over there. I hope everyone is found soon.
Back to top Go down
Puddin'
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Puddin'

Female Posts : 345

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 3:47 am

Mayhem wrote:
LXE wrote:

That wont be possible if Japan and California are destroyed. Japan is already getting hit by mother nature and California is apparently next.

Moe Moe doesn't come from California, so I'm not too worried if it hits there next.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:54 pm

Just as an update, re-analysis of seismic data from some sensors that were thought to have been lost confirms that the earthquake was indeed a magnitude 9. There have only been five other mag 9 earthquakes since the Ice Age. Slowly, towns are being reached which have only low double digits of survivors out of pre-quake populations of over 10,000.

I've learned that one of my artist friends from Pixiv didn't make it, and there's a few more that I still don't know about... All things considered, the tournament delay isn't quite ranking on my list of cares. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 1:13 pm

I probably sound like a 2-year old for even thinking this, but when the news first came out about this, I didn't know the fine details and only got to hear it in over-exaggerated rumors, I'm just incredibly happy to know that Japan still exists. Here's to hoping things go smoothly for them, but I have to admit, when it comes down to it, I'm kind of thinking like this too;

LXE wrote:
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Skulkraken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skulkraken

Male Posts : 386

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 1:15 pm

Oh man.

You have my condolences, Feign. Have you checked Google's Crisis Response Center yet, by any chance? There are resources there that might help.
Back to top Go down
falconbane

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 1:52 pm

Google and other social media have been the lifeline of the survivors. Bad news is that there's little to no signals in some area. And the worse affected parts of japan are under power conservation, which means there are lots of planned blackouts. Power shortfall is expected be ~20%, even lights are being asked to shut off. Gas and water are problematic issues as well. There was a tweet about someone turning on their gas (against orders) and nearly blew up their neighbourhood due to broken gas lines. Water infrastructure is down and some lines are intentionally shut off to prevent any cholera outbreak. The often unreported problem is the cold and snow (in the western media). The US is apparently bringing in some heavy lifting equipments, but blankets and warm clothing are in dire supply in some parts of the country. NZ is offering to help (even after their own Christchurch EQ) as well as a lot of other countries, hopefully the rescuers will reach the survivors in time (there's something called the golden hours, pass that, chance of survival plummets). Best of luck, to those in Hawaii as well (hope there's no death from the tsunami there)

Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 5:27 pm

I've seen the pic, but dunno where it is to link here, but the US aircraft carrier Ronald Reagan recently arrived to help, with members of it's crew standing at attention around the main flight deck, and others arranged in a formation spelling the Japanese word for 'friend'...ultimate win, if someone can find that pic....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE   COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE Empty

Back to top Go down

COSMIC BREAK TOURNEY POSTPONED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next