Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Tune up advise for my Amateus

Go down 
+2
Shaftronics
zappa1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
zappa1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zappa1

Male Posts : 198

Tune up advise for my Amateus Empty
PostSubject: Tune up advise for my Amateus   Tune up advise for my Amateus EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:53 pm

Hi, I have a couple of hoppers I am having some difficulty building up. My hoppers of choice that I've been having plenty of fun, as well as what I want to stick with as far as hopping goes, is Amateus. However, I am having quite some problems on tune ups, mainly.

At the moment, my Amateus has been shrunked to as little hit box as I can make it to be. I went with dual viper shields, and rely mainly on my core, pumped with a couple of internal cartridges. Here's my stats at the moment, and would like some advise on what to focus on.

STR 13
TEC 20
WLK 20
FLY 10
THG 16

Is THG fine at 16? Or should I make it 20 first and then focus on another stat? How about my FLY? I don't know if I should start upgrading my THG to make it 20 first, and then focus on more WLK or FLY. x_x"

If anyone who's excerienced with hopper care to let me know what should be the minimum on WLK/FLY/THG, it will be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: Tune up advise for my Amateus   Tune up advise for my Amateus EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 2:07 pm

As someone who went toe-to-toe with your build earlier;

You weren't doing enough damage to matter as an ART. The core itself is not enough.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Broken

Male Posts : 467

PostSubject: Re: Tune up advise for my Amateus   Tune up advise for my Amateus EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 2:18 pm

Try switching out a viper for a Large Zooka or if you don't want the negative stats.
Box Missiles.
idk tho.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Tune up advise for my Amateus   Tune up advise for my Amateus EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 5:52 pm

I'll be the first to answer the actual thread question and say that for hoppers you want 15+ tgh. 15 tgh is the point where a Misty can safely and reliably re-mist without getting stunned while holding a crowd's attention, so it should be plenty for an Amateus or other hopper. Especially if you have tough runner.

...I actually just bought an Amateus last night and was about to make a thread asking about tuning and cart advice, though. I know that my 26 fly crim hops slightly better than my 20 wlk misty, so I'm hoping I can safely tune to 40 fly on him and still be able to hop, but idk if the wlk:fly ratio on airs regarding short boost is different for any reason.
Back to top Go down
zappa1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zappa1

PostSubject: Re: Tune up advise for my Amateus   Tune up advise for my Amateus EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 6:11 pm

@Shaftronics wrote:
As someone who went toe-to-toe with your build earlier;

You weren't doing enough damage to matter as an ART. The core itself is not enough.

Yes the one hits don't do much, but they really do add up.
I compare it to more of a long distance rifle with good tracking that has a pretty long clip, than comparing it to high damage output like railgun and stuff.

I'm doing just fine with him in the arena, though I could definitely use more lvl ups.
But... that's not what I really asked.
I was asking about which stats should I be tuning for.
Back to top Go down
zappa1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zappa1

PostSubject: Re: Tune up advise for my Amateus   Tune up advise for my Amateus EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 6:16 pm

@Suguri wrote:
I'll be the first to answer the actual thread question and say that for hoppers you want 15+ tgh. 15 tgh is the point where a Misty can safely and reliably re-mist without getting stunned while holding a crowd's attention, so it should be plenty for an Amateus or other hopper. Especially if you have tough runner.

...I actually just bought an Amateus last night and was about to make a thread asking about tuning and cart advice, though. I know that my 26 fly crim hops slightly better than my 20 wlk misty, so I'm hoping I can safely tune to 40 fly on him and still be able to hop, but idk if the wlk:fly ratio on airs regarding short boost is different for any reason.

That's my dilemma as well. Some people told me that 10 is enough for a hopper, but I don't know if leaving it at 10 is fine. But I don't want to neglect my WLK either as I think that's really important. Hopefully, an expert with hoppers comes across this thread. x_x
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Tune up advise for my Amateus   Tune up advise for my Amateus EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 6:20 pm

@zappa1 wrote:
@Suguri wrote:

That's my dilemma as well. Some people told me that 10 is enough for a hopper, but I don't know if leaving it at 10 is fine. But I don't want to neglect my WLK either as I think that's really important. Hopefully, an expert with hoppers comes across this thread. x_x
I can say confidently that 15+ tgh is ideal. It's wlk vs fly that I'm worried about, since I've never tried going for fly on a non-air with short boost.
Back to top Go down
zappa1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zappa1

PostSubject: Re: Tune up advise for my Amateus   Tune up advise for my Amateus EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 5:27 am

Also yes, he's core is just fine...

Tune up advise for my Amateus Screenshot2011030913190

Tune up advise for my Amateus Screenshot2011030916504

Tune up advise for my Amateus Screenshot2011030908400

Just play smart, watch your terrains and who the guys are around you.
Though there is indeed quite a few moments where I am not really awake and jumped right on to a water, which got me killed way too early. Razz
Back to top Go down
zappa1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zappa1

PostSubject: Re: Tune up advise for my Amateus   Tune up advise for my Amateus EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 7:04 am

What I'm wondering is if short boost is mainly all affected by WLK or if FLY affects it more. I was wondering since when we short boost and when we go for the long distance hop as opposed to the short distance hop. We are airborne during those hops. FLY affects the speed of your travel when airborne. So I am wondering if FLY affects the long distance hop on a bigger scale.
Back to top Go down
moron
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Tune up advise for my Amateus   Tune up advise for my Amateus EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:19 am

can i know ur part n cart? i just buy it.. and im new this game... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Tune up advise for my Amateus   Tune up advise for my Amateus EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 8:55 am

@zappa1 wrote:
What I'm wondering is if short boost is mainly all affected by WLK or if FLY affects it more. I was wondering since when we short boost and when we go for the long distance hop as opposed to the short distance hop. We are airborne during those hops. FLY affects the speed of your travel when airborne. So I am wondering if FLY affects the long distance hop on a bigger scale.
WLK affects jumping distance
FLY affects jumping height

or so i herd
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Tune up advise for my Amateus   Tune up advise for my Amateus EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:54 pm

hurr necroposting

@necrio wrote:
@zappa1 wrote:
WLK affects jumping distance
FLY affects jumping height

or so i herd
Nope, only thing that affects jump height is quick jump. Both affect speed/distance of the jump in varying amounts depending on bot type (lands and airs get their respective wlk/fly boosts applied, which make those respective stats affect speed more. Unconfirmed, but wlk and fly should both affect hops equally with art or support).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tune up advise for my Amateus   Tune up advise for my Amateus Empty

Back to top Go down

Tune up advise for my Amateus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: Tech Support-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com