Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What happens when you equip two melee weapons?

Go down 
+4
Rein
Foxie
Daylyt
CoolGreenApple
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CoolGreenApple
Newcomer
Newcomer
CoolGreenApple

Male Posts : 17

What happens when you equip two melee weapons? Empty
PostSubject: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:09 pm

srsly
Back to top Go down
Daylyt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Daylyt

Female Posts : 212
Location : Enjoying the air on Yenka Summit. (The air there is wildly addicting...)

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:18 pm

It depends. Sometimes they end up comboing into each other. Depending on which one is the active weapon.

(the examples are not actually what they are in game. These are just examples to explain the melee system)

Example:

Ace Braver AM (Arm part that allows a punch attack) & Short sword = Punch attack -------> slash combo

Short Sword & Ace Braver AM = Sword combo --------> Punch attack

There are many kinds of combinations. But be careful, some combinations tend to remove certain attacks that a melee might have had.

Example:

Short sword may have had a 3 hit combo, but making it ur active weapon along with the Jikun Legs may shorten the sword combo to 1-2 hits.

Short sword alone = 3 hit combo

Short sword and Jikun Hu LG (Part that allows a Leg kicking combo) = Sword 1 hit combo ------> Jikun Hu LG full combo

Combo limits may also occur to weapons that arent active.

I do believe that some melee weapons are completely made inactive when placed with certain melee weapons. Meaning that they aren not capable of doing attacks at all, but I am not fully certain about this. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.) I dont think i'll need to place an example for this one~ Razz

But the melee system is pretty cool and definitely something to explore when it comes to combining melee weapons. Have fun! and I hope this was helpful/Answered your question! ;^^)a

** The Edit was that I forgot to mention what the Jikun Hu LG does. (Just in case someone didnt know what it was) **
Back to top Go down
http://herofactory.forumtl.com/
CoolGreenApple
Newcomer
Newcomer
CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:25 pm

0o0o0o, neat! Thanks c:. Unless the combo has more hits, it probably doesn't do any more damage, right?
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

Female Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:27 pm

Not sure about other weapons but the ammo meter that denotes the size of your clip tends to work for melee.
On my crim lets say I start with spear, The combo starts and each hit depleted half the bar, Then my crim changed weapons by herself and attacked with the other melee weapon which used a third of the bar each hit.
Five hit combo.
:3
Back to top Go down
Daylyt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Daylyt

Location : Enjoying the air on Yenka Summit. (The air there is wildly addicting...)

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:41 pm

@ CGA: (CoolGreenApple) The amount of damage simply lies within the weapon's stats.

@ Foxie: Thatz pretty awesome! I never noticed the bar thing, but thanks for letting us know! I'mma make sure i look at that too when it comes to melee combinations. (Plus i miss your old avi) Crying or Very sad

I have a Jikun Hu that boasts really long melee combos due to weapon placement. When I get the chance, I'll post up an exhibition video of his capable combos. I'm currently attempting to do the same to my Misty Hollow.
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple
Newcomer
Newcomer
CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:53 pm

:O Five hit combos sound neat c:. I'll have to experiment with different weapons with my Jikun Hu.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:58 pm

Daylyt wrote:
@ CGA: (CoolGreenApple) The amount of damage simply lies within the weapon's stats.

@ Foxie: Thatz pretty awesome! I never noticed the bar thing, but thanks for letting us know! I'mma make sure i look at that too when it comes to melee combinations. (Plus i miss your old avi) Crying or Very sad

I have a Jikun Hu that boasts really long melee combos due to weapon placement. When I get the chance, I'll post up an exhibition video of his capable combos. I'm currently attempting to do the same to my Misty Hollow.
I miss my old avi to, But a certain someone kept complaining until I changed it. :c

@apple, You may want to try the large warhammers they are the strongest melee weapons I think released.
If you got a good combo I dont find it hard to see you doing 60 damage hits. Razz
Back to top Go down
Daylyt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Daylyt

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:02 pm

CoolGreenApple wrote:
:O Five hit combos sound neat c:. I'll have to experiment with different weapons with my Jikun Hu.

Thatz a great mech to start out with imho~ just remember that the more melee u place on a bot, the less places u'll have to equip a gun. (Meaning that u'll end up fighting close range most of the time or that u'll tend to run out of ammo a lot faster than an average mech if ur not careful.)

Once you build your great melee mech, we should have a big melee fight just for fun~ Razz

@ Foxie: Ergh~~ I guess i'll have to daydream about the avi then~ Crying or Very sad

I also think the warhammers are a good idea if used properly. Be careful though, certain melee combos tend to be REALLY hard to control.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:08 pm

Daylyt wrote:
CoolGreenApple wrote:

Thatz a great mech to start out with imho~ just remember that the more melee u place on a bot, the less places u'll have to equip a gun. (Meaning that u'll end up fighting close range most of the time or that u'll tend to run out of ammo a lot faster than an average mech if ur not careful.)

Once you build your great melee mech, we should have a big melee fight just for fun~ Razz

@ Foxie: Ergh~~ I guess i'll have to daydream about the avi then~ Crying or Very sad

I also think the warhammers are a good idea if used properly. Be careful though, certain melee combos tend to be REALLY hard to control.
Mmm couldnt you use an attachment weapon?
My artillery has a arm that shoots homing missiles.
The arm is equipped with a shield, but I can still use it to shoot.
Or you could try and go for weapons that fit in things like spaces between the arm and body, or body and legs? o:
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple
Newcomer
Newcomer
CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:13 pm

Foxie wrote:
Daylyt wrote:

I miss my old avi to, But a certain someone kept complaining until I changed it. :c

@apple, You may want to try the large warhammers they are the strongest melee weapons I think released.
If you got a good combo I dont find it hard to see you doing 60 damage hits. Razz

o0o0o, maybe I'll try them out on my Hound Dog. And @Daylyt, good idear! I'll lose though, lolol.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:30 pm

CoolGreenApple wrote:
Foxie wrote:
Daylyt wrote:

o0o0o, maybe I'll try them out on my Hound Dog. And @Daylyt, good idear! I'll lose though, lolol.
I suggest getting STR upgrades on em. ;P
Sit there doing crit combos capable of obliterating entire artillery units in seconds. ^o^
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:13 pm

Foxie wrote:
CoolGreenApple wrote:
Foxie wrote:
Daylyt wrote:

Sit there doing crit combos capable of obliterating entire artillery units in seconds. ^o^

Melee combos are somewhat dependent on the sub-weapon that's going 1st. Unless you have other sub-weapons that OVERRIDE the original ones, your combo won't be very impressive. Whereas other sub-weapons add an additional strike into the combo.

Example: Jikun Hu + any sub-weapon + Lazflamme BS => 3 different melee hit chain. (sub-weapon 1st, then Jikun Hu, then Lazflamme BS in that order).

There's a +1 Fly&Walk weapon (with 40 cost) that has a spam-melee chain-attack.... does only about 8 damage w/o str boosts though. (I forgot the name of the weapon). If I recall right, its attack combo is as long as lily rain's skirt weapon's sustained attack duration....

A cutter has 3 strikes by default, a second weapon adds 1 strike.... but if cutter isn't your main selected subweapon, the cutter only adds one strike. Non-thrown melee weapons typically have 2 strike combos minimum. Oh and rapiers also has ALOT of hits in their combo too (as main sub-weapon).

Some sub-weapons can't be chainned INTO, such as Seraph Crimrose's built in melee, though it can chain OUT of it if it is presently her active sub-weapon....
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:14 pm

Rein wrote:
Foxie wrote:
CoolGreenApple wrote:
Foxie wrote:
Daylyt wrote:

Melee combos are somewhat dependent on the sub-weapon that's going 1st. Unless you have other sub-weapons that OVERRIDE the original ones, your combo won't be very impressive. Whereas other sub-weapons add an additional strike into the combo.

Example: Jikun Hu + any sub-weapon + Lazflamme BS => 3 different melee hit chain. (sub-weapon 1st, then Jikun Hu, then Lazflamme BS in that order).

There's a +1 Fly&Walk weapon (with 40 cost) that has a spam-melee chain-attack.... does only about 8 damage w/o str boosts though. (I forgot the name of the weapon). If I recall right, its attack combo is as long as lily rain's skirt weapon's sustained attack duration....

A cutter has 3 strikes by default, a second weapon adds 1 strike.... but if cutter isn't your main selected subweapon, the cutter only adds one strike. Non-thrown melee weapons typically have 2 strike combos minimum. Oh and rapiers also has ALOT of hits in their combo too (as main sub-weapon).

Some sub-weapons can't be chainned INTO, such as Seraph Crimrose's built in melee, though it can chain OUT of it if it is presently her active sub-weapon....
You just need to get your opinion in on everything don't you?
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:56 pm

That was less opinion and more from observation really. And impressive and good combo's aren't mutually exclusive, just hard to get both.... or at least in my experience.
Back to top Go down
Daylyt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Daylyt

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:23 pm

Rein wrote:
That was less opinion and more from observation really. And impressive and good combo's aren't mutually exclusive, just hard to get both.... or at least in my experience.

@ Rein - I dont really think it matters mostly on whether a combo is "impressive" or not. I personally believe that a combo should depend on whether it is effective or useful to the player. Therefore in the end, itz mostly up to CGA/any player which decides to use what melee in what order. Some ppl prefer long combos while others prefer short ones and the list goes on. If it came down to which combos are impressive, a lot of players would just end up flailing about looking cool, but would just end up dead due to the lack of effectiveness~

Thatz kinda where i mention'd about being careful about what combos CGA chooses to use due to controlability and whatnot~

Good evaluation, but try not to focus too much on how an attack looks. That wont help u in battle in the least. Mostly focus on itz usefulness/effectiveness. Style should be focus'd on once you pretty much have an understanding of how ur robot operates at itz best potential. (To what u feel is itz best potential.) This is all my opinion though.

@Foxie - Ur avi is awesome! I love you And the Attachment thing is a good way to go in order to keep guns on ur mechs. Beware of cost amounts though, CGA. Boosting the cost limit may allow you to wear much stronger and useful weapons, but it will hurt ur team big time in the long run if u end up dying due to the fact that ur teamz life gauge (Otherwise known as the BP gauge) gets decreased by the cost of the robot which gets kill'd in battle. Basically, whatever the cost of ur robot is, that is how much is taken out of ur teamz health bar if u die. So try to keep ur robotz cost balanced out.

But boosting stats on ur weapons is a good way to go, CGA. Take some time to check out ur inventory whenever u have free time and mess around with ur weapons. I'm sure u'll find plenty of stuff u feel go good together and once you find something u like, go into detail. Increase the stats, look for improved versions or even attempt to find them in missions or quests. You never know what u may discover if u dont try it out first~ Razz
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:18 pm

@Daylyt I may have high cost bots, (my crim is more then most artillery I see) but as such, I die once....maybe twice? if at all during a match.
I have never finished a match with a negative score because I am blasting out literal thousands of damage in short periods of time.
If you are a bad player then yes, Low cost mechs.
But I earn alot more for my team by using a high cost mech and doing massive damage to enemies while supporting and helping my team that if I die...I still have alot of points, With the amount I did being much higher then the drawback of death. ;P
Back to top Go down
CoolGreenApple
Newcomer
Newcomer
CoolGreenApple

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:37 pm

Daylyt wrote:
Rein wrote:

@ Rein - I dont really think it matters mostly on whether a combo is "impressive" or not. I personally believe that a combo should depend on whether it is effective or useful to the player. Therefore in the end, itz mostly up to CGA/any player which decides to use what melee in what order. Some ppl prefer long combos while others prefer short ones and the list goes on. If it came down to which combos are impressive, a lot of players would just end up flailing about looking cool, but would just end up dead due to the lack of effectiveness~

Thatz kinda where i mention'd about being careful about what combos CGA chooses to use due to controlability and whatnot~

Good evaluation, but try not to focus too much on how an attack looks. That wont help u in battle in the least. Mostly focus on itz usefulness/effectiveness. Style should be focus'd on once you pretty much have an understanding of how ur robot operates at itz best potential. (To what u feel is itz best potential.) This is all my opinion though.

@Foxie - Ur avi is awesome! I love you And the Attachment thing is a good way to go in order to keep guns on ur mechs. Beware of cost amounts though, CGA. Boosting the cost limit may allow you to wear much stronger and useful weapons, but it will hurt ur team big time in the long run if u end up dying due to the fact that ur teamz life gauge (Otherwise known as the BP gauge) gets decreased by the cost of the robot which gets kill'd in battle. Basically, whatever the cost of ur robot is, that is how much is taken out of ur teamz health bar if u die. So try to keep ur robotz cost balanced out.

But boosting stats on ur weapons is a good way to go, CGA. Take some time to check out ur inventory whenever u have free time and mess around with ur weapons. I'm sure u'll find plenty of stuff u feel go good together and once you find something u like, go into detail. Increase the stats, look for improved versions or even attempt to find them in missions or quests. You never know what u may discover if u dont try it out first~ Razz

Yeah, I noticed that my Jikun had A LOTTTT of cost, so I put him out of commission for now. I've got my crimrose in now. I'm thinking of making my Lazzflamme a melee bot, but I'm not sure yet. I'm gonna try stuff out c:<
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:57 pm

CoolGreenApple wrote:
Daylyt wrote:
Rein wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that my Jikun had A LOTTTT of cost, so I put him out of commission for now. I've got my crimrose in now. I'm thinking of making my Lazzflamme a melee bot, but I'm not sure yet. I'm gonna try stuff out c:<
I see good jikun run and flank artilleyr lines, Killing off a small group and costing enemy teams up to 5k before dying.
So it could pay off.
Or you could play it safe.
Low health = Go farm for health powerups.
Back to top Go down
KBTKaiser
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
KBTKaiser

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm

okay, after tinkering with my super Asura Mightybine, here's the melee order i've found in terms of arm position

equipment:
4 tonfa
3 short sword
1 spear

have the tonfa string go first, this will get you an easy 5 chain string, if you arranged your handhelds properly, it will then chain into short swords and end with a spear. >>;

Arm order
1)inner right
2)outer right
3)outer left
4)inner left
5)outer left hand
6)inner left hand
7)inner right hand?
8)outer right hand?
9)Leg or Booster
10) Leg or Booster

Someone run a check using a small size for the leg and booster thing
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 6:34 pm

That looks confusing
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:07 pm

Useful. o:
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:52 pm

Desu wrote:
That looks confusing

Yeah very confusing. Basic English please? And pics... to show?
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:22 pm

Rein wrote:
Desu wrote:
That looks confusing

Yeah very confusing. Basic English please? And pics... to show?
SS or it never happened ^_^
Back to top Go down
KBTKaiser
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
KBTKaiser

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 3:25 am

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/Shadow00X/ScreenShot_20100623_0222_25_300.png

How about this?

1) Red Arm x2(starting weapon gets full motion)
2) Green Arm
3) Blue Arm
4) Black Arm
5) Black Weapon
6) Blue Weapon
7) Green Weapon
Cool Red Weapon

Last edited by KBTKaiser on Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 3:26 am

KBTKaiser wrote:
How about this?

1) Red Arm x2(starting weapon gets full motion)
2) Green Arm
3) Blue Arm
4) Black Arm
5) Black Weapon
6) Blue Weapon
7) Green Weapon
Cool Red Weapon
What the hell are you talking about Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happens when you equip two melee weapons?   What happens when you equip two melee weapons? Empty

Back to top Go down

What happens when you equip two melee weapons?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next