Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?

Go down 
+4
Shikaze
Nisa
necrio
inzane14
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
inzane14
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
inzane14

Male Posts : 198

Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? Empty
PostSubject: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:45 am

Just as the title says, is it worth it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:06 am

Of course, why wouldn't you put stealth on an air unit?
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:54 am

with it you can sneak behind a fat destructor and raep him with your bayonet
Back to top Go down
inzane14
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
inzane14

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 6:14 am

What I forgot to mention, Its a BrickVictor I'm using. I use the AMs mostly for anti-land combat but fare just as well in high flying combat. I don't use the brickgale booster since I'll be doing mostly the first and it doesn't fit into the costs of my calculations. Should I get either, Float Dash, Quick Jump, or Stealth System?

Edit: Because I can rape arts just as well without stealth.

Last edited by inzane14 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 6:27 am

what

what viktor parts are you using

the AMs?

they look bad on brickgale Shocked

YOU SIR, ARE A CRIMINAL OF FASHION
Back to top Go down
inzane14
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
inzane14

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 6:37 am

You call this a crime of fashion?!

Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? Untitl11
THIS IS MAH NINJAH IN DA SKY!!!

But seriously though, whats your opinion about the carts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 6:42 am

As long as you don't go melee. Those stardust guns works fine with stealth.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 7:01 am

inzane14 wrote:
You call this a crime of fashion?!

Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? Untitl11
THIS IS MAH NINJAH IN DA SKY!!!

But seriously though, whats your opinion about the carts?
look at those silly skinny arms

LOOK AT THEM

they don't even look mechanical / mecha-ey enough for Brickgale.

REMOVE THEM AT ONCE!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

okay whatever I use bloom mariah LGs for my flying brick.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:51 am

Cori wrote:
Of course, why wouldn't you put stealth on an air unit?
Back to top Go down
Shikaze
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Shikaze

Male Posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:37 pm

Stealth all the way. As I often say : SURPRISE FIRE PILLAR TO DA HEAD is a very valid technique. Especially when you find a healing group.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 6:51 pm

Shikaze wrote:
Stealth all the way. As I often say : SURPRISE FIRE PILLAR TO DA HEAD is a very valid technique. Especially when you find a healing group.
fire pillar, apply directly to the forehead
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:47 pm

I hope you realize that stealth is only half-useful without also getting sniper.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:29 pm

knyx wrote:
I hope you realize that stealth is only half-useful without also getting sniper.
yush
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:31 pm

I find Stealth not that useful to begin with. All stealth does is keep you covered on the radar AFTER someone's locked on to you, and doesn't protect you from the prying eyes of pesky supports or teslas/mariahs/thoarlas with Broad Radar. And if you're in a situation where you're showing up on the radar, nine times out of ten people on the other team don't need to hold down tab to know where you are.

I'm not saying it's useless, I just don't have a very high opinion of it. Especially with Brickgale BS vomiting particles everywhere like two giant red/blue searchlights.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:33 pm

Suguri wrote:
I find Stealth not that useful to begin with. All stealth does is keep you covered on the radar AFTER someone's locked on to you, and doesn't protect you from the prying eyes of pesky supports or teslas/mariahs/thoarlas with Broad Radar. And if you're in a situation where you're showing up on the radar, nine times out of ten people on the other team don't need to hold down tab to know where you are.

I'm not saying it's useless, I just don't have a very high opinion of it. Especially with Brickgale BS vomiting particles everywhere like two giant red/blue searchlights.
lolno
I sneak with brickgales

you can't believe how EVEs and fencers serve as a distraction. No one pays attention to brickgale wings when they have to deal with all those fencers and EVEs XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:49 pm

The difference between my stealth carted Izuna and my lvl 5 Seraph in epoch is BIG. So very few people actually try to attack my Izuna when I sneak and fly above them, while my Seraph was basically barraged after I got someone to lock on to me.
Back to top Go down
inzane14
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
inzane14

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 7:23 am

Uhmm.. too late guys. I've already gotten Quick Jump to substitute my lack of Brickgale BS. So far, its worked wonders in without stealth flanking. Getting stealth won't fit in my costs anymore and I can flank just as well without it anyway. Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Edit: But I am planning to put stealth on my other Brickgale which is more the conventional S-sized air with the Brickgale booster and limited plasma guns.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 7:28 am

inzane14 wrote:
Uhmm.. too late guys. I've already gotten Quick Jump to substitute my lack of Brickgale BS. So far, its worked wonders in without stealth flanking. Getting stealth won't fit in my costs anymore and I can flank just as well without it anyway. Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Edit: But I am planning to put stealth on my other Brickgale which is more the conventional S-sized air with the Brickgale booster and limited plasma guns.
why would you not use your BS?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 7:36 am

>Using brickgale without brickgale BS.

What?
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 7:44 am

there are only 3 reasons to use a brickgale.

1. Their BS
2. Their AMs
3. They're badass

remove 1 of them and you've got a pile of junk that looks badass yet is useless.
Back to top Go down
inzane14
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
inzane14

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 7:49 am

Brickgale BS are too costly for the build to work. The Viktor AMs won't allow them to fit for the stats I planned. Imo, Quick Jump was a suitable replacement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 7:52 am

Quick jump won't get you out of harm's way when you accidentally dropped yourself in the middle of the enemy.
Back to top Go down
inzane14
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
inzane14

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:02 am

Cori wrote:
Quick jump won't get you out of harm's way when you accidentally dropped yourself in the middle of the enemy.

I don't really need this to be going deep into enemy lines. I use the stardust guns in the AMs mainly for land harrassment and only use them on airs and arts when an open opportunity shows them at low health or in a vulnerable position.

Brickgale boosters are great, don't get me wrong but I can do without them on this build.
Back to top Go down
Sanzeinga
Sanzeinga

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Ignoring "ambushing" with stealth and sneaky playstyles ( which i pretty much don't do at all ), i find it much more useful than sniper lock in various combat situations, especially close range combat. ( Stealth + lock together is good too ). That said, sniper lock is much cheaper

Features of stealth ( assuming you are using it against lands? ):
1. If they are currently out of range, but you are chasing: They cannot know if you are still chasing or not, nor will they know your position. Likewise they will not know how you are behaving. If you are barely out of range but capable of holding a lock... just don't keep a lock ( turn slightly away ) until you are in practical firing distance. This mostly works around the usefulness of sniper sight on a fast firing air unit ( not for example... long beam rifle ) in this kind of situation. You can break off from a chase at any time and a running unit generally cannot know that you have done so without turning around to check ( unless im mistaken, moving backwards slows you down )
2. If they are in range and fighting back against you: It is very very hard to keep track of an air unit without the help of radar. Lock on warnings are of minimal usefulness in close ranges, more so if the air unit crosses up the target repeatedly, and even more so in the middle of chaos or a fight with multiple enemies. Radar allows you to immediately know what type of enemies are near you ( land / air / art ), their exact X/Y but not Z location, and their facing.
3. Land units tend to be all over the place, If you attack a land from a location that isn't the middle of an enemy group, stealth will heavily reduce the odds and reaction time of enemy backup.
4. Escaping / Hiding / Raiding / Harass: all made easier. Players must assume your relative location by visual tracking and guessing. This can be a very expensive ( attention wise ) thing to do. EXAMPLE: There was a time on some map, where an enemy unit sat in a high location with garula AM. He would stay back and then poke out to fire a couple shots and then go back in hiding. This guy didn't have stealth -> i would fight the stuff near me while keeping track of the radar -> when he started moving forward i fired in his general direction which leads to hits and him retreating. This exchange occurred several times before he gave up. With stealth system, the situation would be reversed... i wouldn't have time to keep track of some guy on a cliff far away when im in the middle of a combat zone and he would get many free shots off on my group. By the time lock-on warning is alerting me, hes already firing and gone... and thats assuming he chose to shoot at me rather than other random people in my group.
5. In chaotic combat, you're much less likely to be targeted.

Ambushing: Stealth system is meaningless until someone sees you. Essentially a stealth system ambush involves going to an area with multiple enemies and attacking one from behind while being seen by others. Not that great. On the other hand, a normal ambush will almost always lead to detection as a consequence ( unless you kill instantly..? ), at this point stealth system is useful to hinder backup. Sniper + stealth will force the enemy to waste time trying to find you, or run away in an inefficient direction.

40 cost is a lot, but i find stealth to be useful. Weigh these advantages relative to your playstyle and see if its worth 40 cost to you.

IMO brickgale booster ( or tengu, but esp brickgale ) is more important than weapons / parts / cartridges / tunes.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:25 am

inzane14 wrote:
Cori wrote:

I don't really need this to be going deep into enemy lines. I use the stardust guns in the AMs mainly for land harrassment and only use them on airs and arts when an open opportunity shows them at low health or in a vulnerable position.

Brickgale boosters are great, don't get me wrong but I can do without them on this build.

dat brickgale of yours has crossed the line between crime of fashion and a total abomination

GET IT OFF GET IT OFFFFFFF
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?   Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No? Empty

Back to top Go down

Stealth on Brickgale? Yes or No?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next