Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need some cereal help, will pay with cookie

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
XartaX
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 9
Location : In Norway, holding hands and dancing with the rest of the population

Need some cereal help, will pay with cookie Empty
PostSubject: Need some cereal help, will pay with cookie   Need some cereal help, will pay with cookie EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:35 pm

Hey all.

So I just started playing this game a few days ago. Now I picked up that there's a challenge running out by the 3rd of March to get 1800+ score on the Eve mission, but I've encountered a problem.

The lagmonster.

I have managed to get a score towards the upper 1700's, but I just can't push it past the last few points. My lag is out of this world so I'm looking for some tips to help me do that. To illustrate my point, sometimes when I shoot my psyguns three times, the last shot arrives at the target before the first one. That's right, delay-lag on the freaking projectiles - randomly ._________. (where's the suicide smiley when you need it) This makes it effectively IMPOSSIBLE to hit anything moving, and oh boy those delgons like to run around. Heck, I can't even hit a sniper delgon if it's moving. Using a wonderbit to build break seems more counter productive than not due to this, except in the last tunnel, because it just misses everything that's not right in front of it (obviously stationary as well).

My current strategy goes like this: Ignore everything that moves and use psygun to build up breaks on the helis and big delgons. After that I swap to the cannon and quickly dispose of the movers for breaks. Now like I said, I've only managed to get around 1780 score like this and for the life of me can't push it any higher. I usually get around 400~ score by the end of the slope after the first area, but it gets worse after that because the psygun tracker is drunk or something. I'm running out of time for the challenge so if anyone have any quick tips to defeat the god d*** (excuse moi) lagmonster, I'd love 'em.

And yeah, I do crater-land and line-cannon the delgon lines in the last area before the boss area. I have also watched the youtube videos of the guy doing the mission with only psygun or cannon, but those don't work for me at all. The mix between hiting stationary's with psygun ('cuz then lag doesn't really matter) then swapping to cannon has netted me the highest results by far. I also do stuff like pulling a big delgon from the start with me to build up breaks before starting the slope so the snipers there start out as breaks. I'm going insane here :d

Edit: Basically I'm fine until the zone after the boss spawns and throws a few balls on you. I get all the delgon lines with the cannon and stuff, but I just don't get breaks at all for some reason even if I do (and I do charge up hits on the boss in the zone before it). It's just that the breaks fall off her no matter what I do Neutral

Oh right.

/cookie&free loli
Back to top Go down
XartaX
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 9
Location : In Norway, holding hands and dancing with the rest of the population

PostSubject: Re: Need some cereal help, will pay with cookie   Need some cereal help, will pay with cookie EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:18 am

Nevermind, managed to do it myself after developing my strategy a bit more, although the lag-gun was a constant pain. In other words, you can let this die now (although it probably was on it's own anyways, but at least now it's guaranteed to).

Thanks for the tips, everyone!
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Need some cereal help, will pay with cookie   Need some cereal help, will pay with cookie EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:36 am

Lol no one gave tips....
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some cereal help, will pay with cookie   Need some cereal help, will pay with cookie Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some cereal help, will pay with cookie
Page 1 of 1