Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I want Baltheon

Go down 
+8
Suguri
chengsta
Midona
Claxus
Hyoka
xzpwnz
rei_hunter
Taz
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Taz
Taz

Male Posts : 37

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:30 pm

Mostly Aigis Baltheon. Unfortunately, I don't have much access to Rt. Currently have 59, but haven't done surveys.

Before I do anything stupid, I wanted some opinions.

1. How are the chances of actually getting a silver capsule from the Rt garapon? The UC garapon spits the the normal ones out constantly and the copper ones out pretty infrequently. If it's anything like that, I won't even bother trying to get Aigis.

2. Baltheon or Aigis?

3. Are they actually decent at what they do? My friend says no.

Spoiler:

4. What do they play like? I'm guessing it's gonna be a pretty significant difference from what I'm used to with my Small AIRs..

5. How does one pimp out a Baltheon to make it a flying fortress of death and team protectyness?
[You can ignore this one if you want, since, this.]

6. Would I be better off getting Bugsycait to satisfy my shield fetish?

Thanks in advance. I eagerly await your replies.

I want Baltheon Vlcsnap2010110508h19m05
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:53 pm

Baltheons play a giant bubble shield on the game.

It basically makes you a BIG Target. Baltheon as it is has LOW TGH and LOW HP... the shield goes down after a wave of shotgun bullets / blaster.

Basically, Masters of Distraction. Just dont let any Artillery get in your shield, you'll get damaged full-on (Bazooka). Titan Bazooka explosions can reach a Non-Internal Weapon Carts Baltheon.

Even then, you provide protection on all corners, having Chibis and other small units under you, you protect.

Any damage your Shield Sustains is counted as Support Points... some baltheons can literally absorb up to 2-3 seconds of Rifle Fire (Hypershotted Dakka Power)

2. I guess its preference, Baltheon for me in JP has helped me protect Epoch Power Spots. Aegis Baltheon sucks or i just haven't gotten used to the "Frontal Shield" yet.

3. They're nice to have, they can cash you in a LOT of Support Points. And they can protect a lot of things. Yeah they're slow when they have shields active, its more of controlling him, than just standing around waiting to be killed.

4. Baltheon may be air, but his playstyle is really different (He does have Short Boost and Float Dash to get around)
depending on what you do with a Baltheon unit, you can pretty much own your Air Space. (I slapped mine with Gwyain AM2 - Beam Gatling Cannon.... under a Powerspot... all hell breaks lose)

5. Tune him for TGH and HP and TEC, you get a giant flying fortress.
Make sure you pick an LG with decent TGH and HP and has a Small Profile.
Make sure to pick an arm with TEC and TGH
a Viper Shield works, 3s, tune for TGH, HP and TEC
^ That's the Defensive Type.

The offensive types are a bit mean... 3x Stardust Cannons O-O; or 4x Garula AMs....

6. Bugsycait's good... he can stun a Baltheon and make it unable to deploy shields... also his AM2 can dish out Support Points + Jammer Points... have fun with that. (I get Top 3 with him on Epoch Fights), Baltheon dies quicker since mine isnt tuned... only using Gwyain Parts and Sol Jetter Parts.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:57 pm

1) Silver seems to be the most common in rt gara
2) Baltheon
3) Your friend is a noob
4) They survive long periods of time (Usually the whole game) if yours doesn't you're doing it wrong
5) *Ignores?*
6) No bugsycait can't do much shit except disable melee/sub weapons if you're talking about actually blocking anything
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Two Stardust Cannons and Tengu BS.

That should get you going, but may be a little tight on the cost.

The shop one has laser arms, I believe, which is not worth it because of the laser nerf which has made most lasers extremely hard to use or useless.
Back to top Go down
Claxus
Claxus

Male Posts : 27

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:39 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
2) Baltheon
3) Your friend is a noob
4) They survive long periods of time (Usually the whole game) if yours doesn't you're doing it wrong
5) *Ignores?*
6) No bugsycait can't do much shit except disable melee/sub weapons if you're talking about actually blocking anything

wat ;-;

That conversation wasn't very serious, but it really didn't seem too useful. I didn't use it much, but everyone went crazy on my shield and it barely lasted, and then I was such a big target I would die immediately after. Then again, it WAS the old beta days, when everyone had crazy RT stuff.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:48 pm

Claxus wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
2) Baltheon
3) Your friend is a noob
5) *Ignores?*

wat ;-;

That conversation wasn't very serious, but it really didn't seem too useful. I didn't use it much, but everyone went crazy on my shield and it barely lasted, and then I was such a big target I would die immediately after. Then again, it WAS the old beta days, when everyone had crazy RT stuff.
People still abuse it in cbjp where there are even more crazy top tier stuff then what we had in beta
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:06 am

If you really intend to protect your team, Baltheon garapon is better than the shop one, because of a larger semi-flat shield in front of him. Still to shield Bugsycait can do the job but for only 2-3 bot, and 6-7 bot for normal baltheon. Bugsy is the only able to protect from close combat, but tendto have difficulties against L sized bot such as mighty bane.
Still your chances to have an aegis in one try is few...
Back to top Go down
chengsta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 214

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:25 am

I have both bots. I believe I am one of the few people who have baltheons in their main commando, I've went into at least 600 battles with both baltheons combined. Over time, I dropped the Aegis baltheon, I prefer the Shop Baltheon over the Aegis baltheon. Why? Let me tell you why:

A) Aegis baltheon is great for protecting your arts, but once something like an ouka or crim sneak behind you (which they do quite often) everything goes to hell. If you want to play defensive, and NEVER plan on going to the front lines, this baltheon is decent, but not worth the RT wasted in the garapon spin. The Shop Baltheon however, still has enough space to shield around 2-4 L arts while they fire away, AND it completely envelopes you.

B) If you like to play offense, you should go with Shop Baltheon because he is covered all around and you don't have to worry about your back as often, which lets you concentrate on killing. Also, you can spin 360 to destroy that pesky bot trying to attack you from behind, and turn your back to the enemy front lines and not give a damn. If you try that with aegis baltheon, its good bye.

Here is a vid of my baltheon in action, after my nooby eve dies. Please excuse my crappy eve gameplay, I was a noob back then and have since consistantly not-died with her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADnFEzEAmF8
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlpAyAjgTq4
Taz
Taz

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:04 pm

So I bought shop Baltheon. Seems pretty cool outwardly. Didn't know the shield was that big. Definitely large enough to protect a person or two.

I haven't used him yet. Would like to outfit him a bit better before I try.

It seems like the first thing I should do is run Berz until I get a Stardust Cannon.

Aside from that, I'm wondering,

1. What legs could I possibly give him to lower his height without killing his HP?

2. Is Enhance Internal Weapon considered a significant, or mandatory upgrade for Baltheon?

3. Any other must-have carts, or should I feel free to grab whatever I want?

4. Until I get Stardust Cannon, is the Negatron Rifle a good replacement?

Thanks for the suggestions so far; I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:33 pm

1. Used my gara 1-3 simulator to average this out, got a silver almost every roll. Matches my experiences with the real RT garas; unless you're rolling a gold-heavy gara like Moe Gara, you're very, very likely to get a silver on any given x5 roll that doesn't get derpwalk animation.

2. I've only used Aigis, and not very much at that. His shield has great survivability and coverage though.

3. As I said, Aigis is the only one I've used and his shield has great durability and coverage. Only problem is, it only covers one side and opponents can just walk through it. Baltheon's shield by comparison covers him completely, but is still vulnerable to melee and close-range explosives (both of which slaughter him quickly). Balth's shield is also only 500-550 HP, it'll go down quickly from arts or shotguns/blasters.

4. Floating wall. Usually equipped with Stardust Cannons.

5. See second sentence of 4.

6. Bugsy is terrifyingly good, but if you don't like playing support there's not much point in playing him. This one's pretty much up to you.

Taz wrote:

1. What legs could I possibly give him to lower his height without killing his HP?

2. Is Enhance Internal Weapon considered a significant, or mandatory upgrade for Baltheon?

3. Any other must-have carts, or should I feel free to grab whatever I want?

4. Until I get Stardust Cannon, is the Negatron Rifle a good replacement?

Thanks for the suggestions so far; I appreciate it.
1. Sea Lion LG is all I can think of, the other alternatives seem like they're about the same size or bigger.

2. Not actually sure how big a difference it makes, won't comment.

3. Sword Guard. Unlike other airs, your relative immobility and shield's inability to block melee attacks makes you a prime target for melee bots.

4. Probably not the worst choice. Garula AM or ABR from EVE gara would be better, but I'm sure you don't have the resources for that judging by the OP.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:27 am

I got one from a 1x roll I wanted sturbanger standerd cause he has better walk than the other sturbanger, and better fly

also If I got him I could tune sturbanger standerd give him 2 contradict ams use my asura to put a sturbanger am on him and a scouts rifle and have a 20 walk KILLING MACHINE THAT RAPES EVERYTHING

to add to this dream get two succesful capa upgrades and add a grandum booster
Back to top Go down
TerraChika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
TerraChika

Male Posts : 1000

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:37 am

boytitan2 wrote:
OFF-TOPIC I got one from a 1x roll I wanted sturbanger standerd cause he has better walk than the other sturbanger, and better fly

also If I got him I could tune sturbanger standerd give him 2 contradict ams use my asura to put a sturbanger am on him and a scouts rifle and have a 20 walk KILLING MACHINE THAT RAPES EVERYTHING

Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:43 am

AkumaTheDevil wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:
OFF-TOPIC I got one from a 1x roll I wanted sturbanger standerd cause he has better walk than the other sturbanger, and better fly

He can't read it's not his fault
Back to top Go down
TerraChika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
TerraChika

Male Posts : 1000

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:51 am

xzpwnz wrote:
AkumaTheDevil wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:

He can't read it's not his fault

Really? O_O I wonder why he could type english words albeit his broken grammar.
Back to top Go down
Taz
Taz

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:09 am

Suguri wrote:
4. Probably not the worst choice. Garula AM or ABR from EVE gara would be better, but I'm sure you don't have the resources for that judging by the OP.
Correct for the most part, but.. Funny thing there, I actually lucked out very early into the game with a UC Garapon roll, got a shiny gold box, and a Garulabird popped out.

Only problem there is that I only have two arms and I like using them on everything. >_> That's more of a personal problem though, I'll just have to compensate.

Anyway, thanks. Good stuff to know overall.

-------

I'd also like to double-check while I'm here, does Berz still drop Stardust Cannon, and does it have to be 2* if so?

I was getting mixed answers from older forum posts.

-------

Another question; Is the only way to get Sea Lion LG from Sea Lions in Arcantus?

From my understanding, you find them in the Aton Glacier's red gates. I just went looking and didn't find a single Sea Lion. Q_Q

Last edited by Taz on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Now I feal like wasteing another 500k uc on that uc garapon
Back to top Go down
chengsta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 214

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:56 pm

Just fyi, if you have leftover RT, you can now buy garulabird arms in the shop since you now own a whole garulabird.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlpAyAjgTq4
Taz
Taz

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm down to 6 Rt. u _ u
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:12 pm

If you have a support buddy under your shield with a burst bit (Daruma star comes to mind), you'll be the fortress you so desired.
Back to top Go down
zamo
Forum Lurker
zamo

Other / Decline to state Posts : 216

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:40 pm

If you add grrula arms watch out for your ammo man. You can get sealion legs in arena, and go snailbot legs 8D
Name it blimp.
Get a stardust cannon fo realz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I want Baltheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want Baltheon   I want Baltheon Empty

Back to top Go down

I want Baltheon
Page 1 of 1