Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?

Go down 
+9
SkyPanic
knyx
ladidadida
NumeroDoS
Nisa
Divinity
EMPattack
inzane14
Soviet_Armada
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Soviet_Armada

Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)? Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?   Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 6:25 am

After playing a little more than a weak, i'm a bit confused and frustrated with how aiming works (I use air bots with beam weapons). Now first off, i don't suck (anymore) and usually get the top 10 in union wars, but i'm still a bit dumbfounded on how to aim correctly in this game.

I played a lot of the unexplored planet just to practice the aiming when i was new, and usually if your aim was dead on it would hit the target; thats not the case for the arena. No matter how perfect you aim, (meaning keeping your crosshair dead center on your locked target) it is not the right way to aim, because perfect aim doesn't mean the good aim in this game.

I noticed that you have to watch which weapon is in which hand, as it can affect aim depending on the way your bot is turned. In general if you or your locked on enemy is moving you have to aim ahead to try to hit him, but that doesnt always guarantee a hit. I notice people can dodge bullets not matter how well i try to aim, yet i can never do the same at times. for instance, i can be chasing an enemy with low hp, and he could just be moving straight, no matter how dead on my aim is the weapon almost never hits. Yet when i try to run, even if i try dodging, my opponent always manages to hit.

So i got fed up, whats the right way to aim in this game? Aiming perfectly does not mean good aim here, so how do you have good aim in this game (Weather your or your opponent is moving straight or side to side). there is nothing more frustrating then missing well aimed shots.
Back to top Go down
inzane14
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
inzane14

Male Posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?   Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 6:55 am

First of all, when aiming the crosshair with an AIR, you have to take into account the range, projectile speed and firing interval of the weapon you're using. The higher the speed of your bullets, the better chance of them hitting. Also take into account the FLY on your bot, this affects your speed in which makes it easier to chase units down but harder to straff and shoot weapons with. I suggest using plasma guns and train your aim by learning how to watch your bullets while straffing and adjusting your aim accordingly. Practice shooting a target while encircling it or flying over it and notice where your bullets hit. If you can hit the target consistently, you've learned how to aim with AIRs. Learn also that you have to master the skies when you wish to fight ARTs. Fly over its head, flank it, out maneuver it while shooting it and you'll be fine. Just watch out for your boost. This is the stuff that works out usually for me. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Soviet_Armada

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?   Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:14 am

inzane14 wrote:
First of all, when aiming the crosshair with an AIR, you have to take into account the range, projectile speed and firing interval of the weapon you're using. The higher the speed of your bullets, the better chance of them hitting. Also take into account the FLY on your bot, this affects your speed in which makes it easier to chase units down but harder to straff and shoot weapons with. I suggest using plasma guns and train your aim by learning how to watch your bullets while straffing and adjusting your aim accordingly. Practice shooting a target while encircling it or flying over it and notice where your bullets hit. If you can hit the target consistently, you've learned how to aim with AIRs. Learn also that you have to master the skies when you wish to fight ARTs. Fly over its head, flank it, out maneuver it while shooting it and you'll be fine. Just watch out for your boost. This is the stuff that works out usually for me. Good luck.

in terms of where bullets go, i have a good idea on that (hense getting usuall top 10's) but it isnt consistent. What i mean is it wont always hit if done right. The most frustrating parts are when you can clearly see the bullet hit your target but actually missed (like it was a fraction of an inch off or something).

I understand the bullet patterns, but i cant make them consistent. Meaning they wont always hit the target even if i am aiming correctly.

In terms of speed and interval, would that make the gun more accurate? If i bought myself an accell gun, then would i be able to actually aim at a target and hit him, instead of aiming where he will be.

Just i want a weapon to actually hit where i am aiming, if my crosshair is locked dead on him, that bullet should hit no questions asked, but it doesnt always work that way *sigh*
Back to top Go down
EMPattack
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
EMPattack

Male Posts : 225

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?   Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:34 am

or if you seriously suck at aimming with an air, get a kamui sword and slash away

Back to top Go down
Divinity
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Divinity

Male Posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?   Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 8:07 am

If you are having trouble shooting as an Air, you could:

• Drop down when you are shooting your target, this makes it easier to hit, but you are more susceptible to attacks.
  • Get something like the Beam Machinegun / Auto Beam Rifle so that something hits.
  • Keep on holding the shot button. This allows you to adjust your aim since you can see how far the enemy is ahead of your shots. Problem is that it waste ammo.

The only type of gun that hits the locked on target consistently is Rail-guns, especially the Sagittarius Maxis ones and Eve. No other gun does this. If they do, who do people bother using the Float Dash Cart when they are locked on, they are hit instantly. Why do carts like Accel Roll and Air Loop exist then? So in the end, locked on does not ensure a sure hit, it just means that you are within range.
  • Back to top Go down
    http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_f_home&tar
    Nisa
    God Poster
    God Poster
    Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?   Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 8:13 am

I'll frap a video for you.
    Decipher it yourself.
    Back to top Go down
    NumeroDoS
    Adept Poster
    Adept Poster
    NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?   Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 8:19 am

Divinity wrote:
    The only type of gun that hits the locked on target consistently is Rail-guns, especially the Sagittarius Maxis ones and Eve.

Does this apply to the new Rt shop Railgun as well?
    Back to top Go down
    Nisa
    God Poster
    God Poster
    Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?   Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 8:28 am

NumeroDoS wrote:
    Divinity wrote:
    The only type of gun that hits the locked on target consistently is Rail-guns, especially the Sagittarius Maxis ones and Eve.

not rly.
    Small projectile is small.
    Back to top Go down
    ladidadida
    Newcomer
    Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?   Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 11:22 am

Soviet_Armada
    Make use of auto-aim system. I think your problem in trying shoot successfully by skill as in FPS. While in CB you need more of tactic because of auto-aim. Sometimes it is good that auto-aim exist, sometimes its bad but shooting and hitting impossible if you dont count auto-aiming as main factor of shooting.

Back to top Go down
    knyx
    Grand Poster
    Grand Poster
    knyx

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?   Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:59 pm

Nisa wrote:
    NumeroDoS wrote:
    Divinity wrote:

not rly.
    Small projectile is small.

I think it's more because Saggy has a built-in aiming system that auto-leads the enemy, that is, shoots always a bit ahead of the enemy's current position. Anyone actually using railgun because it has splash is a boytitan.
    Back to top Go down
    SkyPanic
    Adept Poster
    Adept Poster
    SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?   Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 8:06 pm

aiming depend in your shooting animation and how your target move bounce

for hitting those lagkun, keep seeing them in the radar
    Back to top Go down
    Soviet_Armada

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?   Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 11:07 pm

ladidadida wrote:
    Soviet_Armada
    Make use of auto-aim system. I think your problem in trying shoot successfully by skill as in FPS. While in CB you need more of tactic because of auto-aim. Sometimes it is good that auto-aim exist, sometimes its bad but shooting and hitting impossible if you dont count auto-aiming as main factor of shooting.

yeah thats exactly my problem, i play a lot of shooters so i am used to having my crosshair on the person. I thought the purpose of the auto aim was to "home" in on your target if you aimed right, but it isn't the case. Just feels weird that sometimes not aiming at your locked on target will get you hits.

Just a weird auto aim system imo, i thought it would (as said earlier) follow your target as long as your crosshair was on the target when you took your shot, ensuring a high chance to hit. guess not.

Anyone know exactly how the auto aim system works then?
    Back to top Go down
    Suguri
    God Poster
    God Poster
    Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?   Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 11:15 pm

Auto aim varies on a weapon-by-weapon basis. Some weapons shoot where you aim, others will auto-target or even auto-lead targets to a certain degree regardless of where your crosshair is.
    Back to top Go down
    necrio
    Master Poster
    Master Poster
    necrio

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?   Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:14 am

I use blasters to make up for my bad aim

when you can't aim, you'll just have to fire more shots
    Back to top Go down
    inzane14
    Regular Poster
    Regular Poster
    inzane14

Male Posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?   Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 6:53 am

Soviet_Armada wrote:

In terms of speed and interval, would that make the gun more accurate?

Yes, the bullet speed of the gun affects the accuracy itself. If the bullet is moving faster, then the shot is harder to evade. That's why railguns are so effective, their shots outrange and out speed any other bullet.

If using air vs land/art, use any sort of plasma gun or auto beam rifle. Plasma guns have decent range and bullet speed when tuned up while having limited ammo. Auto beam rifle uses a different style of shooting. You cant straff and shoot with it since it only shoots 3 shots a clip but has longer range and good speed as well. I recommend this only when you're sure know that you're gonna hit the target.

If using air vs air, If you wish to sacrifice 2 FLY to better fair against enemy airs, I suggest using mini bazooka. The thing with that is that it has low range, low firing speed un-tuned and falls in an arc due to gravity. Always stay close to the enemy air and maintain higher altitude so as not to be affected by the gravity bound bazooka shell. If you try shooting an enemy air with the zook at a lower altitude, even if they are in range, chances are that the shell would fall to the ground halfway through.
    Back to top Go down
    wereborg
    Newcomer
    Newcomer
    wereborg

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?   Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:57 am

i use helingal

homing beam commiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggggggg lol!
    Back to top Go down
    necrio
    Master Poster
    Master Poster
    necrio

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?   Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 9:06 am

wereborg wrote:
    i use helingal

homing beam commiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggggggg lol!
    air raideeeeerrrrrrr
    Back to top Go down
    RoboFranky
    Ace Poster
    Ace Poster
    RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?   Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 9:17 am

1. Attach Izuna LG to bot
    2. Lock on targets
    3. Spam right click
    4. ???????
    5. PROFIT
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?   Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)? Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions on how to aim (preferably with air)?
    Page 1 of 1