Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Installing issues

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Calamity2007
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 13

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:05 am

My friend is having issues with installing the game. Whenever it finishes installing an error message appears and says "Archive header is incorrect", and the installer closes. Much help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
WhiteValkery
WhiteValkery

Male Posts : 97

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:13 am

Calamity2007 wrote:
My friend is having issues with installing the game. Whenever it finishes installing an error message appears and says "Archive header is incorrect", and the installer closes. Much help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
what OS is he running?

so the game does not even install?
Back to top Go down
Calamity2007
Newcomer
Newcomer

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:19 am

WhiteValkery wrote:
Calamity2007 wrote:
what OS is he running?

Windows XP

It does install but the shortcut doesn't appear on the desktop. And when he tries opening up the game an error message says "Application files appear to be missing or damaged. If restarting the launcher does not fix this problem, please install the game client from scratch." But the thing is is that he has restarted the launcher and reinstalled it several times now, but it still shows the same message.
Back to top Go down
WhiteValkery
WhiteValkery

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:23 am

Calamity2007 wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:
Calamity2007 wrote:
what OS is he running?

Windows XP

It does install but the shortcut doesn't appear on the desktop. And when he tries opening up the game an error message says "Application files appear to be missing or damaged. If restarting the launcher does not fix this problem, please install the game client from scratch." But the thing is is that he has restarted the launcher and reinstalled it several times now, but it still shows the same message.
hmm.. seems like a weird system case :/
does he have another computer to try it on?
and if there is an error number... could you post it here?
Back to top Go down
Calamity2007
Newcomer
Newcomer

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:28 am

WhiteValkery wrote:
Calamity2007 wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:

what OS is he running?

Windows XP

No, he doesn't and there is no error number....
Back to top Go down
WhiteValkery
WhiteValkery

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:32 am

Calamity2007 wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:
Calamity2007 wrote:

Windows XP

hmm... that seems like a very unreasonable error :/

hmm... does he have trouble installing other applications?
Back to top Go down
Calamity2007
Newcomer
Newcomer

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:34 am

WhiteValkery wrote:
Calamity2007 wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:

Not really. I don't think it's an issue of the server being down because I can get on it just fine.
Back to top Go down
WhiteValkery
WhiteValkery

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:38 am

Calamity2007 wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:
Calamity2007 wrote:

Not really. I don't think it's an issue of the server being down because I can get on it just fine.
um.. i never said that it has to do with the server...
something is wrong with his computer in particular...

i am thinking installing registry stuff...
Back to top Go down
Calamity2007
Newcomer
Newcomer

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:47 am

WhiteValkery wrote:
Calamity2007 wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:

What is registry?
Back to top Go down
WhiteValkery
WhiteValkery

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:53 am

Calamity2007 wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:
Calamity2007 wrote:

What is registry?
your windows registry might have errors in it that is preventing the installationg to complete normally...
try getting something like AVG computer tune up or something to check for it and repaire it...

that might help... (might)

the reason i am suggesting AVG tuneup is because itss definetly trusted since its by a large company... and the first tune up is free...

just google it
Back to top Go down
Calamity2007
Newcomer
Newcomer

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:59 pm

WhiteValkery wrote:
Calamity2007 wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:

What is registry?
your windows registry might have errors in it that is preventing the installationg to complete normally...
try getting something like AVG computer tune up or something to check for it and repaire it...

the reason i am suggesting AVG tuneup is because itss definetly trusted since its by a large company... and the first tune up is free...

just google it

Tried it, still doesn't work. Any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
WhiteValkery
WhiteValkery

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:33 pm

Calamity2007 wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:
Calamity2007 wrote:

What is registry?

just google it

when you scanned it... did it show a lot of registry errors?
Back to top Go down
Calamity2007
Newcomer
Newcomer

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:44 pm

WhiteValkery wrote:
Calamity2007 wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:

just google it

Yes. Over 3000 of them.
Back to top Go down
WhiteValkery
WhiteValkery

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Calamity2007 wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:
Calamity2007 wrote:

Yes. Over 3000 of them.

argh....
that is very serious.... O.o

if all else fails... i would just reinstall your windows...
it seems like your computer is pretty f**ed up
Back to top Go down
Calamity2007
Newcomer
Newcomer

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:51 pm

WhiteValkery wrote:
Calamity2007 wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:

Yes. Over 3000 of them.

argh....

Well it's not my computer, it's my friends. Also the computer works fine and can play most other programs without much of a problem. Also there's no chance he would reinstall windows for an MMO though. So there's nothing else you can suggest?
Back to top Go down
WhiteValkery
WhiteValkery

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Calamity2007 wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:
Calamity2007 wrote:

Yes. Over 3000 of them.

argh....

Well it's not my computer, it's my friends. Also the computer works fine and can play most other programs without much of a problem. Also there's no chance he would reinstall windows for an MMO though. So there's nothing else you can suggest?
nope... his windows seems to be seriously screwed... :/
Back to top Go down
Calamity2007
Newcomer
Newcomer

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:22 pm

WhiteValkery wrote:
Calamity2007 wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:

argh....

Well we will see when the time comes. I am going to try to copy my CB folder on a USB drive and load it up on his computer later today so maybe that will work. Anyway thanks for helping. Smile
Back to top Go down
WhiteValkery
WhiteValkery

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 8:33 pm

Calamity2007 wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:
Calamity2007 wrote:

Well we will see when the time comes. I am going to try to copy my CB folder on a USB drive and load it up on his computer later today so maybe that will work. Anyway thanks for helping. Smile
hmm... great idea!!
if the problem only exists in his installer then installing it that way should fit it
Back to top Go down
Calamity2007
Newcomer
Newcomer

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:06 am

WhiteValkery wrote:
Calamity2007 wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:

hmm... great idea!!
if the problem only exists in his installer then installing it that way should fit it

I'm going to have to wait until next Sunday until I can actually try this though, so I'll make sure to respond then.
Back to top Go down
WhiteValkery
WhiteValkery

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:40 am

Calamity2007 wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:
Calamity2007 wrote:

hmm... great idea!!

I'm going to have to wait until next Sunday until I can actually try this though, so I'll make sure to respond then.
k
Back to top Go down
night

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 10:22 am

lol! meybe your hardisk is full
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
cosmix

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: fixed ur problem now pls help mine   Installing issues EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:36 pm

its actually simpler than u think try running it on admin account it worked to help me get past that part dont know if it would actully work on other there after though but i have a problem i start the patcher it runs when it says its done i click start game and the patcher goes away like it was going to start the game but thats it nothing else no error code or any thing its like i clicked close or something same thing happens when i click safe mode or stage editor
Back to top Go down

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:19 am

Try using a different computer to install it onto a USB or something
CB Portable
Feels good man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Installing issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing issues   Installing issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Installing issues
Page 1 of 1