Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Making use of Auto Beam Rifles

Go down 
+2
Suguri
Z741
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

Making use of Auto Beam Rifles Empty
PostSubject: Making use of Auto Beam Rifles   Making use of Auto Beam Rifles EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 5:54 pm

So I thought I'd swap out my Limited Plasma Guns for ABRs on my Seraph Crim since all my OBT friends say ABRs are pretty damn awesome - statwise too, since they have just a bit less force for more ammo and range. Problem is, I have a devil of a time trying to land hits on anything save for being the annoyance to L ARTs. [Playstyle hasn't changed significantly, it's still fly around and spam shots.]

Am I just "doin it wrong" or is there something I'm missing?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Making use of Auto Beam Rifles   Making use of Auto Beam Rifles EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:00 pm

If you didn't use beam rifles before, you'll probably need to adapt. Lots of people I talk to seem to have problems aiming beam rifles and negatron rifles, and I don't really get why. My only guess is that I've used them more than they have.

I'd talk to someone that's more well-versed in how to tune it first, but I'd suggest tuning for speed if you're having trouble getting it to hit.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Making use of Auto Beam Rifles   Making use of Auto Beam Rifles EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:21 pm

Suguri wrote:
Lots of people I talk to seem to have problems aiming beam rifles and negatron rifles, and I don't really get why.

Must be the damn auto-aim. If you're not used to doing so, it kind of makes it difficult to hit with weapons of that nature. Unlike dem ARTs, that see a red circle on their screen and fire all weapons for profit.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Making use of Auto Beam Rifles   Making use of Auto Beam Rifles EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:26 pm

Lead your enemies in, that is, fire ahead of them, adjusting for speed and distance.
Back to top Go down
Hagane
Hagane

PostSubject: Re: Making use of Auto Beam Rifles   Making use of Auto Beam Rifles EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:36 pm

For smaller targets, it also depends on what arm the rifle is in, since the rifle aims towards the center of both arms. If its in the left arm, the beams will naturally go slightly right and vice versa. Also it depends on the speed you and your opponent are going at. The more mobile you are, the harder it is to hit. There are other factors like what direction your flying in and what direction your opponent is moving in though aiming properly just mainly comes with practice, but I suggest you just do the simple thing and just aim at big fat arts.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Making use of Auto Beam Rifles   Making use of Auto Beam Rifles EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:56 am

The back in beta I found the easiest way to use them was to get people to fly into the shots. By playing the weapons long range to the max, I would just move in and out of range of my opponents so that if they made a bee-line for me I could just fly backwards and land easy shots on them.

This is how ever the weakness of ABR (and beam rifles in general) is that in order to be effective you need to line up your shots. Were as beam guns put out a constant stream of shots that give them a solid pressure game, and make landing shots overall easier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making use of Auto Beam Rifles   Making use of Auto Beam Rifles Empty

Back to top Go down

Making use of Auto Beam Rifles
Page 1 of 1