Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crimrose or Jikun Hu?

Go down 
+5
Raven
BNOISE
Suguri
xzpwnz
Lost Joker
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lost Joker
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Lost Joker

Male Posts : 139

Crimrose or Jikun Hu? Empty
PostSubject: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 4:52 pm

Crimrose or Jikun Hu? I'm interested in getting one of these two, however, I'm not pretty good with LND and AIR (At least I'm good with LND against NPCs xD). Air Type Robots are not really my kind, but people say that they are really good. The thing is: is that because of the equipment or the way they control them? I don't know but I can barely do any damage while flying. For the LND type, I really like melee, but it is hard to use it in the middle of a PvP battle and it's pretty risked. I would like to know the opinion from experienced players to make a decision... Thanks for the answer! ^^
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 5:02 pm

Kurimuroze is my waifu
Noobie crimrose for fly bys
Noobie jikun for rambo kamikaze
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 5:03 pm

If you're going to get a Jikun, I'm pretty sure Long is the better of the two. Haven't used Hu, but I heard his tackle doesn't have invincibility. Long's kicks also are slightly stronger, and her combo ender kicks the opponent into the air, where you're free to shoot them in the face until they fall back into another kicking combo.

I'd suggest a Crimrose if you plan on promoting her to seraph. If you don't, Sword Wings are both cheaper and better than regular Crim.

The main draw to airs isn't raw power, by the way. It's their fantastic mobility, making it easy to not get hit while harassing and weakening opponents. Unless you're using a force-tuned Plasma Gun or something, you aren't going to be seeing big damage numbers popping up; if that's what you're looking for, then Jikun should be your choice.

I feel kind of like I've been dancing around your question though; one isn't exactly better than the other. Jikun is one of the best melee bots, Seraph is one of the best airs. Regular Crim is on the weak side, but is also a low-cost bot, so it doesn't hurt the team much if she dies. I'd say go for Crim if you plan on promoting her, otherwise get Jikun. Get Sword Wing if you want an air but don't plan on promoting Crim.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 5:05 pm

Air - Just make sure you aim and don't fly so far your shots are too far away from hitting their targets.
Land - Get kamui staff = god tier
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 5:06 pm

Crimrose is pretty subpar to other AIRs until the Seraph promotion. So if you're not that good with AIR bots, you might have trouble with her at first. You can slap an Izuna LG on her and play her much like you would an Izuna though (spam wisps)

Jikun Hu is a quick and strong land type, and probably one of the most common. His core weapon allows him to lag teleport into the enemy and chain it to his basic kick combo (in his LG weapon). So most people give him dual shields and just spam the core weapon. Not effective against AIRs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 5:06 pm

Suguri wrote:
but I heard his tackle doesn't have invincibility.
It does have invincibility, but a tad bit shorter, since he tackles the opponent directly, not warping behind them.

Doesn't matter what your starter robot is, you'll get more later on. Pick any that interests your playstyle, basically.
Back to top Go down
Lost Joker
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Lost Joker

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Thanks for the answers. Well, maybe I'll still choose Jikun Hu after all. I am more a user of ART, but I prefer using Destructor CN. Then, I'll get myself a Sword Wing, and if I see that I'm doing good with AIR type, maybe I'll get Crimrose then promote it. Wink
Back to top Go down
HashiriyaR32
Molcars Feasting
Molcars Feasting

Male Posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 6:52 pm

You should actually choose Crimrose as your starter, as you'll start with a unique weapon that you currently can't get elsewhere (Beam Gun Mod), and even when it's introduced back into the game, you'll have to pay cash currency for it. Beam Gun Mod is VERY useful as it costs the same as a regular beam gun, it's m-size, and it's still an all-type weapon, meaning any bot under the sun can use it.

You can buy the other 2 starters for UC anyway, and there's no benefit to starting with those either as they're no-slot (just like the UC shop versions) and their legs are locked to the core.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idforums.net
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 6:53 pm

@everyone thinking he's picking his starter: He's not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 6:55 pm

Suguri wrote:
@everyone thinking he's picking his starter: He's not.
Indeed. But I'm too lazy to edit.
Back to top Go down
Lost Joker
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Lost Joker

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 7:10 pm

Actually, somehow, I am. Go check my introduction... << xD
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 7:20 pm

Lost Joker wrote:
Actually, somehow, I am. Go check my introduction... << xD
Then how do you know Destructor CN is your favorite bot? Made a new account?
Back to top Go down
Lost Joker
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Lost Joker

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 7:23 pm

https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com/t2759-here-comes-the-legend-xd

Lol, don't want to explain it again... Razz No problem, I understand your confusion.

Back to the subject... Starter Crimrose has got that difference from the UC Shop one?... Well, it's time to think! xD
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 7:26 pm

Lost Joker wrote:
https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com/t2759-here-comes-the-legend-xd

Lol, don't want to explain it again... Razz No problem, I understand your confusion.

Back to the subject... Starter Crimrose has got that difference from the UC Shop one?... Well, it's time to think! xD
Well if you're picking a starter that changes everything. Definitely pick Crim for the Beam Gun Mod.
Back to top Go down
Lost Joker
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Lost Joker

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 7:28 pm

Then I can get my Jikun Hu, since I will get another LND type for my commando. Anyway, with this choice it will help me to train with AIR types, because I can't always focus on 1 or 2 types of bots only...
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 7:39 pm

The Jikuns have always been my favorite LND bots. I've always found Hu to be a lot more forward and dishing out constant damage while Jikun Long always felt more evasive. Crimrose is pretty good if you can get a handle on her, and you can always work towards Seraph Crimrose. In a lot of ways it's really up to prefrence, I can't knock Jikun Hu or Crimrose considering they're both really good at their own things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:44 am

Hu is crap
get a long

Crimrose is good Excellent too!
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 2:24 pm

That's why kurimuroze is my waifu Embarassed
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:48 am

or your can get MANLY BOTS

SHADEN FOR AIR ( if u can get him get aquila)

RED Squaler or byne for land get byne if u can

Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:53 am

Lost Joker wrote:
Then I can get my Jikun Hu, since I will get another LND type for my commando. Anyway, with this choice it will help me to train with AIR types, because I can't always focus on 1 or 2 types of bots only...

sorry for double posting

anyways get hu as I find him to be the best starter for lands

and since your a art user u get destrutor cn

but jikun is very useful throw a shield on a slayer if u dont have rt for photon blade and spam tackle

Back to top Go down
Lost Joker
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Lost Joker

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 3:56 pm

Well, I have chosen Jikun Hu, but maybe I'll get Crimrose later. Even if I missed the RT Weapon, I'm not too worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose or Jikun Hu?   Crimrose or Jikun Hu? Empty

Back to top Go down

Crimrose or Jikun Hu?
Page 1 of 1