Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bugsycait or Aquila?

Go down 
+4
toughambition
Suguri
Shaftronics
monkeytheifx
8 posters
AuthorMessage
monkeytheifx
monkeytheifx

Male Posts : 98

Bugsycait or Aquila? Empty
PostSubject: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:44 pm

So I just got 55 Rt and was wondering which one I should get.

Is Aquila any good? For an Air type that is.

Is Bugsycait worth getting? Heard alot bout him around but iunno :/

Any suggestions?
Or any other bots yu think is better than those 2 ^
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:50 pm

Hands down, Bugsycait.

Always check the details on the Bots you want to buy. The problem with Aquilla is his core; an L-Sized air with a starting Toughness of 6? Oh God.

Bugsycait's awesome, but will take some time to learn his Support Weapons, which are capable of blocking many ranged shots, but its main purpose is to shock Melees so that they are unable to use their melee attack for a few seconds. Awesome stuff.

Depending on your playstyle, there's plenty of things you can choose from, of course.
Back to top Go down
monkeytheifx
monkeytheifx

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:52 pm

Shaftronics wrote:

The problem with Aquilla is his core; an L-Sized air with a starting Toughness of 6? Oh God.

wut do you mean by L-Sized air with Tgh of 6? xD
So does aquilla get stunned more?
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 8:35 pm

Don't you check your bots before buying them man? Lol.

Aquilla is a large-zied Air. 6 Tgh means that there's a high chance that even a basic stray blaster shot will knock you out of the sky. Its pretty sad.

You're BIGGER than most bots, and you're as easily stunned as an S-Sized bot, if not easier. What's the point? Digging yourself a deeper grave?

BUT The parts are pretty good. Legs give your L-sized fliers an additional BS, if you have any. I gave mine to my Gwyain.
Back to top Go down
monkeytheifx
monkeytheifx

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 8:58 pm

i want a gwayn but i was like eff no it take 25235 rolls to get it =/
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 9:49 pm

Shaftronics wrote:
The problem with Aquilla is his core; an L-Sized air with a starting Toughness of 6? Oh God.
Haha wow, thanks for saving me some RT. He was going to be my next purchase, the TGH was apparently the only thing I hadn't looked at.

My answer would've been Bugsycait either way though. Having a support bot with shields that stun is useful in so many ways, and you won't always have a Misty to hug when you're playing as a chibi (this may have been a tactic I've been trying today).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 12:27 am

Bugsycait is awesome, stopped my Byne's man push several times.

Aquila pretty much dies fast against any unit with explosives. Hell, you don't even need explosives to shot him down. Get Baltheon if you want a big Air. Or Gwyain and slap him Shaden's BS, but that'd take some monetary effort.
Back to top Go down
toughambition
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:01 am

Bugsycait is a pretty solid pick since it has two interrupts and they are removable.

Sorry for going off topic here, but I did not want to make another topic.
I can't figure out what to equip on him in order to get the most use out of him. I currently play him strictly on the offense and run him with two large bazookas. By doing this, I generally don't use his shield much and the two large bazookas aren't exactly defense oriented when it comes to preventing others from bombarding your team. Are there any uc/drop weapon recommendation(s) to equip him with?
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:44 am

toughambition wrote:
Bugsycait is a pretty solid pick since it has two interrupts and they are removable.

Sorry for going off topic here, but I did not want to make another topic.
I can't figure out what to equip on him in order to get the most use out of him. I currently play him strictly on the offense and run him with two large bazookas. By doing this, I generally don't use his shield much and the two large bazookas aren't exactly defense oriented when it comes to preventing others from bombarding your team. Are there any uc/drop weapon recommendation(s) to equip him with?

In my opinion, even a Bugsy on the offense is best BOOSTING the offense of his teammates. That's what a Support bot is about. I equip a Bazooka and a Grenade, while having a Burst Bit up on the frontlines, making sure that no Melee or Winberrl is trying to undermine the big guns that my team would be bringing out to the front lines. Blocking weakened friendlies, burning stuff getting close with my grenades, the occasional rush-in with boost run, burst bit and grenades to break their lines...

Iunno. You're a Support, first and foremost.
Back to top Go down
ico251
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:22 am

Shaftronics wrote:

Aquilla is a large-zied Air. 6 Tgh means that there's a high chance that even a basic stray blaster shot will knock you out of the sky.
even if he had TGH 20 the chances being stunned would decrease circa by 10%
a Jikun with TGH 8 gets as easy stunned as a Destructor CN with TGH 19

it's possible that those spec points (like TGH) are in %, so +1 spec is +1% improvement
so especially with TGH will be the effect minimal because they shoot rounds on you so you get stunned either way
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 9:29 am

ico251 wrote:
Shaftronics wrote:

Aquilla is a large-zied Air. 6 Tgh means that there's a high chance that even a basic stray blaster shot will knock you out of the sky.
even if he had TGH 20 the chances being stunned would decrease circa by 10%
a Jikun with TGH 8 gets as easy stunned as a Destructor CN with TGH 19

it's possible that those spec points (like TGH) are in %, so +1 spec is +1% improvement
so especially with TGH will be the effect minimal because they shoot rounds on you so you get stunned either way

Not really, no. There have been many moments where retreating would've been impossible if not for a high TGH stat on some of my bots. They don't -just- affect being stun-locked. They also have a Damage Reduction factor on them.

A Jikun with 8 TGH can afford it because he's a tiny-ass target.

When you're as wide as an Aquila, every line of defense, counts.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 9:43 am

monkeytheifx wrote:

Any suggestions?

GET A BYNE...NOW!

oh and bugsycait can be tricky to play,if you cant stun them on time
<--- just Stunlocked Shaft's bugs under the ps today.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 am

Nisa wrote:
monkeytheifx wrote:

Any suggestions?

GET A BYNE...NOW!

It wasn't just you lol

One of your mates had me stun-locked with an Assault rifle too.

Otherwise, could've gotten you shocked.
Back to top Go down
ico251
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:38 am

Shaftronics wrote:
There have been many moments where retreating would've been impossible if not for a high TGH stat on some of my bots. They don't -just- affect being stun-locked. They also have a Damage Reduction factor on them.

A Jikun with 8 TGH can afford it because he's a tiny-ass target.

When you're as wide as an Aquila, every line of defense, counts.
I thing the possibility of stunning depends on the type and maybe the size of the robot. Like when you have LND, ART, AIR with the same WLK, LND will be still faster.
And stunning very much depends on the weapon you were hit. ART will get easily stunned with beam weapons than AIR.
Back to top Go down
monkeytheifx
monkeytheifx

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:24 pm

Nisa wrote:
monkeytheifx wrote:

Any suggestions?

GET A BYNE...NOW!

wuts so good about byne? xd
been hearing bout it alot lately but yeh ><
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 5:29 pm

monkeytheifx wrote:
wuts so good about byne? xd
been hearing bout it alot lately but yeh ><
He's manly. That's enough reason to get him.
Back to top Go down
zappa1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zappa1

Male Posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:59 am

I would have to go with bugsy, as he's got one part that pretty much ALL of your SUP bots can use. His AM with the built in sub. I'be used his AM multiple times on my winberrl, but it's pretty much hand in hand with my Pulsardio. My pulsardio will never leave his home without it. Razz

Aside from his AM. I have to say, his core is indeed really good. Having plenty of good cartridges available, he is indeed a pretty good bot with those cartidges. If you want to also, you could easily make him into a really good hopper. As he comes with Short boost AND quick land. His M size works perfectly well also as you are able to minimize his size even more by equipping S size parts, should you decide to turn him to a hopper. Not saying you should, but just letting you know of your options.

He's a pretty good support bot, with 1 part that I really like to equip on my other bot. Should you buy him and not like him, keep in mind that your future SUP bots would benefit from having his AM.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 10:29 am

zappa1 wrote:
I would have to go with bugsy, as he's got one part that pretty much ALL of your SUP bots can use. His AM with the built in sub. I'be used his AM multiple times on my winberrl, but it's pretty much hand in hand with my Pulsardio. My pulsardio will never leave his home without it. Razz

Aside from his AM. I have to say, his core is indeed really good. Having plenty of good cartridges available, he is indeed a pretty good bot with those cartidges. If you want to also, you could easily make him into a really good hopper. As he comes with Short boost AND quick land. His M size works perfectly well also as you are able to minimize his size even more by equipping S size parts, should you decide to turn him to a hopper. Not saying you should, but just letting you know of your options.

He's a pretty good support bot, with 1 part that I really like to equip on my other bot. Should you buy him and not like him, keep in mind that your future SUP bots would benefit from having his AM.

Bugsy has a very good BD. Its got good, well-balanced stats and especially if you remove its BS, so much capacity to play around with for a SUP bot. He gets Boost Run off the bat, but you NEED to invest in a level 8 limit breaker to make him hop. Just an important thing to point out.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:53 am

well
no bugsycait has ever managed to stop my jikun

(hint : my jikun is ranged)

okay, aside from absurd builds (ranged jikun / misty), bugsy stops all LNDs (except hoppers (and giant enemy crabs)) period.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:38 am

My jikun is ranged too!
she shoots herself at the enemies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait or Aquila?   Bugsycait or Aquila? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bugsycait or Aquila?
Page 1 of 1