Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Negatron Rifle

Go down 
+3
Suguri
zappa1
Myzr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Myzr
Myzr

Negatron Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Negatron Rifle   Negatron Rifle EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 11:39 pm

Hey guys

l've heard ppl say the negatron is an effective high cost weapon so l chucked one on my izuna and played her as some sort of a flying mobile saggitary. Now l'm having a hard time hitting most enemies (even the fat arts from long range) with only about 30% of my shots connecting.

Even if the shots do hit its only about 35-40dmg and l feel its not lethal enough to put enough pressure on the enemy. So how do you guys use this weapon? Maybe l should great speed tune it + high tec?
Back to top Go down
zappa1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zappa1

Male Posts : 198

Negatron Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negatron Rifle   Negatron Rifle EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 11:45 pm

Out of all the rifles I own at the moment, Scouter's Rifle is the only one I really use. Though I don't know if you can use that weapon, nor if an AIR unit should even use those. Most AIR I see usually uses Bazooka or beam type guns/shotguns, and other with some melee stuff along side their projectile.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Negatron Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negatron Rifle   Negatron Rifle EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 12:26 am

I personally don't have any problems hitting with it, but if you do then I would definitely consider a speed tune over a force tune. I guess my first question would be "are you flying while using it", because beam rifles are tricky to aim while flying. I'm not suggesting to stand still or even land while using it - though you can if you're confident you have a safe sniping spot - but it'd be a good idea to learn how to compensate for the beam's trajectory during flight.

zappa1 wrote:
Out of all the rifles I own at the moment, Scouter's Rifle is the only one I really use. Though I don't know if you can use that weapon, nor if an AIR unit should even use those. Most AIR I see usually uses Bazooka or beam type guns/shotguns, and other with some melee stuff along side their projectile.
Scout Rifles are sadly unusable by air. :c
Back to top Go down
Myzr
Myzr

Negatron Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negatron Rifle   Negatron Rifle EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 12:45 am

Suguri wrote:
I personally don't have any problems hitting with it, but if you do then I would definitely consider a speed tune over a force tune. I guess my first question would be "are you flying while using it", because beam rifles are tricky to aim while flying. I'm not suggesting to stand still or even land while using it - though you can if you're confident you have a safe sniping spot - but it'd be a good idea to learn how to compensate for the beam's trajectory during flight.

Firing the negatron while strafing is tricky, it almost never hits when l just strafe and shoot =[ what l'm doing right now is strafing and tapping boost when l want to fire the gun so l remain still for the split second when l fire off a shot, its still tricky to hit tho but the beam trajectory is much more straighter that way.

If you have a better technique please teach =P cause this gun looks and sounds friggin badass
Back to top Go down
myriethic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
myriethic

Male Posts : 238

Negatron Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negatron Rifle   Negatron Rifle EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 12:53 am

My izuna who equipped negatron rifle, using sniper sight cart. So I can barging through enemy line, find nice place and shooting from far. If I get caught, just run and find other place to shoot.
My weakness when using sniping izuna is anti-air air type.
For the tuning, my negatron tuned with high-rapid beta.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Negatron Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negatron Rifle   Negatron Rifle EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:13 am

Myzr wrote:

If you have a better technique please teach =P cause this gun looks and sounds friggin badass
Fly in circles around the tree in the center of the Wiz area while firing. Pay attention to where your shots are hitting, then adjust your aim to compensate. That should help your aim.

Make sure to circle both clockwise and counterclockwise when practicing that, since having the gun in the left hand vs the right will make a difference.
Back to top Go down
swjalvin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Negatron Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negatron Rifle   Negatron Rifle EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 8:44 pm

how do u get negatron rifle? i tried finding it in shop and still cant find it =(
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Negatron Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negatron Rifle   Negatron Rifle EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 8:58 pm

swjalvin wrote:
how do u get negatron rifle? i tried finding it in shop and still cant find it =(

It's in the weapon shop just under the regular beam rifle.

Also all I could say is just keep practicing with it. Considering I've been using one ever since final OBT started, I don't have too many problems with getting my shots to land. Just know your limits, that's all.

Don't be too ambitious and waste your shots on a seraph crimrose with her wings out, kay?
Back to top Go down
Morishima
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Morishima

Female Posts : 157

Negatron Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negatron Rifle   Negatron Rifle EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 5:33 am

Thought about using 2 Negatron rifles with Cyberoid, but by doing that I wouldn´t have enough cost to spare for tune ups. Now the question to that.

Is it worth doing 60-80dmg longrange but having a bot with "low" stats for that purpose?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Negatron Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negatron Rifle   Negatron Rifle EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 5:39 am

No necrobumping allowed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Negatron Rifle Empty