Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Um...wtf?? *results screen*

Go down 
+7
Abolla
Etherlight
Nisa
Jello
Oyaji
SaberAlter
CapeMike
11 posters
AuthorMessage
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

Um...wtf??  *results screen*   Empty
PostSubject: Um...wtf?? *results screen*    Um...wtf??  *results screen*   EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:47 am

As you can see by the attached pic, someone else got the Game Warrior award, yet I somehow ended up with a higher score...so would this count as a win for me or should I stop celebrating now and save myself the embarassment? <_<;;

The number of people in the room fluctuated between 10-16 throughout the match if that helps any....

Um...wtf??  *results screen*   Winorn10
Back to top Go down
SaberAlter
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SaberAlter

PostSubject: Re: Um...wtf?? *results screen*    Um...wtf??  *results screen*   EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:59 am

yep this happened to me a few times as well but with other things like best support.
Back to top Go down
Oyaji
Oyaji

Male Posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Um...wtf?? *results screen*    Um...wtf??  *results screen*   EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:08 am

game warrior is for those who did the most damage, you can see that you're below him for a hundred points in that category
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Um...wtf?? *results screen*    Um...wtf??  *results screen*   EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:20 am

Oyaji wrote:
game warrior is for those who did the most damage, you can see that you're below him for a hundred points in that category

Yet, I still had a higher score...someone care to elaborate on this? I'm not looking a gift-horse in the mouth, mind you, but 1st is a HUGE achievement for me, and I just wanna make sure I have a legit reason to celebrate.... jocolor
Back to top Go down
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

PostSubject: Re: Um...wtf?? *results screen*    Um...wtf??  *results screen*   EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:07 am

As far as I know game warrior is decided by the ratio of damage per cost, clearly that's not the case here. The only discrepancy here is that your support points gave you enough points to pass him.

Game warrior doesn't always mean you get first btw.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Um...wtf?? *results screen*    Um...wtf??  *results screen*   EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:16 am

Game warrior = most dmg done.

So far i know score = damage x 2 + support - cost

Either its bugged or you had some score that didnt show up on the board?
Back to top Go down
Etherlight
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Etherlight

Male Posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Um...wtf?? *results screen*    Um...wtf??  *results screen*   EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:20 am

iirc, warrior is damage to cost ratio, as already said. Screenshot would support that as well: you both have 0 cost, he has higher damage. Moss actually has highest damage in that shot, but 1k cost.
Back to top Go down
Abolla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Abolla

Female Posts : 617
Location : 2nd Star on the right and straight on till morning.

PostSubject: Re: Um...wtf?? *results screen*    Um...wtf??  *results screen*   EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:20 am

Bear with me here since I have no screenshots left and using only stock screenies on this site after rebooting my PC so my info is limited.

Abolla's Theory of Warriorisity:

In my opinion, a combination of constantly damaging others, how frequently you damage others and how many you damage at a time.

Reason I don't believe it is merely Damage/Cost ratio:
Spoiler:

Some facts and conclusions we can get from this screenie:
  • Tae's ratio is far below my damage/cost ratio, mine being ~.77 dmg per cost (1049/1360) and Tae's being ~.48 (1826/3765) So clearly this is not the way to get Warrior.
  • It is also clearly not someone who gets top score so out goes that theory.
  • Tae has the most Contribution/High Cost meaning he's been very upfront and personal with the enemies (And as we know of Tae's playstyle, he spares no one :^) ) Adding more to my belief that my theory is what it is.
  • KFA delivers~ (An obvious joke~)

Another screenie to disprove Damage to Cost Ratio.
Spoiler:
Again, my personal ratio being lower ~1.09 d/c (2839/2600) and Kusoge's being ~1.25 d/c (2208/1760)
No video guarantees but I can attest that my playstyle during that game was definitely one of up close and in your face as well going buckwild on anyone I saw (3 stars on my head/damage/cost/melee damage can help attest to that)

Possible Test that might shed light on the true nature of this theory (To help prove/disprove this) Must be conducted in a controlled environment (Good luck with that)
Step 1: Have an agreement that only 1 guy in the entire match will be attacking multiple targets at once and the rest agreed to attack only stray targets.
Step 2: Have the guy go aggro Rambo on everyone's asses, make sure you go livid in blind battle fury~ (In theory, he should be constantly damaging a lot compared to everyone else)
Step 3: Check if he got warrior or not. If he did, theory proven. (Since on paper, that guy would've have been the only one attacking the most constant, and the most people ) If he did not, I shall make new hypotheses reflecting the results~

Reason why I made this analysis - Reinstalling all my software is boring :^(
Back to top Go down
Idontlive
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Idontlive

Male Posts : 219

PostSubject: Re: Um...wtf?? *results screen*    Um...wtf??  *results screen*   EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:42 am

As far as I know "the game warrior" is simply the most dmg done.
Also in score there is a part that isnt written anywhere else ... and thats the dmg done to PS.
So if you got a nice long 10v1 where you sit and shoot the enemy ps to death while the other 9 ppl run around after that 1 enemy .. you probably gonna get first place with hell a lot of points and close to no dmg done and probably no awards either...
Back to top Go down
Abolla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Abolla

PostSubject: Re: Um...wtf?? *results screen*    Um...wtf??  *results screen*   EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 5:12 am

DMG hypothesis disproven. Note dmg of 1st and 5th.

Spoiler:

Next theory please.
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: Um...wtf?? *results screen*    Um...wtf??  *results screen*   EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 7:12 am

The game warrior reward, I got it a lot of time. I can for now say I'm pretty 99% sure that the reward is based ONLY on your GLOBAL damages, as sworderthing (don't remember the name I barely do melee) is on your sword damages. It don't depend of your global score. Yet the global score is useful to 0 rewards.

The screen of Abolla is the very first I see which contradict this. A bug maybe ?
Back to top Go down
Abolla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Abolla

PostSubject: Re: Um...wtf?? *results screen*    Um...wtf??  *results screen*   EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 7:22 am

Actually before my comp was restarted, I had multiple screens where someone got Warrior from me and I had more Dmg. Of course I can't vouch for this now as easily but I am 100% confident it is not simply who has the most damage.
Back to top Go down
Ropalx

Male Posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Um...wtf?? *results screen*    Um...wtf??  *results screen*   EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:19 pm

I am sticking an arm out there but, maybe the cost of the first bot in usage (not after being killed, but litterally at the start of the match, bot being used) is added to the DMG/cost ratio? It would make a tad bit more sense, I mean at 0 cost ratio, the second any one person dies, his chances of getting warrior get thrown into the toilet, considering even 100/0 beats 10000/500.

Also, is melee added directly to the damage score? or is it a completly separate stat? Cause if thats the case, maybe you got to add both of them.

But yea i agree, by damage alone you don't get the warrior medal.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Um...wtf?? *results screen*    Um...wtf??  *results screen*   EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:00 pm

Well, I had an art bot out the entire match(Destructor CN with Snailbot arm on one side and Viper shield/Bunker Buster AMj[name?] on other) and was pretty much shooting anything that moved if it wasn't on my team, including the enemy PS...maybe the fact I was attacking as much/often as I could??
Back to top Go down
Abolla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Abolla

PostSubject: Re: Um...wtf?? *results screen*    Um...wtf??  *results screen*   EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 8:38 pm

Ropalx wrote:
I am sticking an arm out there but, maybe the cost of the first bot in usage (not after being killed, but litterally at the start of the match, bot being used) is added to the DMG/cost ratio? It would make a tad bit more sense, I mean at 0 cost ratio, the second any one person dies, his chances of getting warrior get thrown into the toilet, considering even 100/0 beats 10000/500.

Also, is melee added directly to the damage score? or is it a completly separate stat? Cause if thats the case, maybe you got to add both of them.

But yea i agree, by damage alone you don't get the warrior medal.
Melee is part of your total damage~

2nd Theory I came up with but didn't share as it would be too complicated to prove:

It could be also a combination of all factors involved ( Contri, Damage, Frags, Cost, Support) Listed that I think in order of importance. Reason I took total score out of the equation is because as we can see, Highest score =/= Warrior + Scoring high is easy if you can shoot a PS/shooting at certain times (like when you last hit all your opponents which add to your frags)

Reason this is hard to prove - It's easy to tell Warrior if said Warrior has everything going for him (Highest everything, Lowest cost) But what if there are now 2 people who did well? 1 guy for example had highest contri but didn't damage as much while the other had the exact opposite. Hard to tell unless we stockpile a bunch of screenies try to do some math about it~

But the easiest method to answer all this is to ask Tempura directly or something~
---------------------------
@Mike - Seems from your screen, Zoo did the same and since the only difference I can gather from both of you is that he was upfront and close (Melee) and he has more dmg, seems natural he'd be warrior even though you are 1.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: Um...wtf?? *results screen*    Um...wtf??  *results screen*   EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:16 am

Game warrior is your total Damage + melee damage added together.
The one who gets it depends on their cost and score.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Um...wtf?? *results screen*    Um...wtf??  *results screen*   Empty

Back to top Go down

Um...wtf?? *results screen*
Page 1 of 1