Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Help with new 'bot'

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Vryko
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 13

Help with new 'bot' Empty
PostSubject: Help with new 'bot'   Help with new 'bot' EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi, first time posting here... Kinda of a new player trying to get used to the game and somehow I'm not sure if its just the lack of "Player Skill" or being too used to Jikun Hu speed.

I have a Destructor CN and never managed to play well with it, it sucks since it doesnt move, doesnt fly and it explodes in a second... Tried to put some Motorized Guns (i think thats the name) to make him get more WALK and I still fail. So any help? I do believe that its just the lack of a direction on how to play with it but havent found any info about him...

So I started wondering if I should get a new bot or keep on trying this one. So far my team is a Jikun Hu with a Shield and a Beam Gun, a Winberyll with dual guns and the Destructor CN. I was thinking in replacing the Destructor CN with and Izuna Kamui Nagi (not sure about the name) or another AIR/ART type. Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
ico251
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Help with new 'bot'   Help with new 'bot' EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 4:50 pm

you don't use Large ART to move or fly, you find a neat place and just bombard other robots who come in you range
i.e. you can equip your DestructorCN with two Grenades, press L+R button on the mouse to fire all weapons at once and bombard
when the map allows it place him under the energy pot for fast firring

read this: https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com/t1871-piroton-s-guide-to-playing-l-art-types-m-and-s-coming-soon
- the parts about DestructorCN
Back to top Go down
Vryko
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Help with new 'bot'   Help with new 'bot' EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Thanks for the link, probally I just failed doing the search...
Anyway i will give it another try and see if i do better.
Back to top Go down
zappa1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zappa1

Male Posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Help with new 'bot'   Help with new 'bot' EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 8:45 pm

Hello there, I am kind of in a same boat as you. Except I was playing the big slow, but heavy damage types. But one day, I decided to goof around and played a M sized unit. I took of all his parts, and replaced them with S sized parts which have a bonus to WLK. I then equipped it with a fast firing weapon with a good range. Much to my surprise, I am taking top 4 in every match where as my big heavy hitter guys have difficulty hitting top 8. Having such a small strature and high movement speed, allows me to survive and dish out a lot of damage than I normally do with my other guys.

If you want to play ART type but want some mobility, you can try out Lily perhaps. She has float dash and other good stuff. Or you can try other units that has Short Boost + Quick Land. I haven't gotten to those yet with the unit, but I am 1 lvl away for the 1st one, and another for the next. As my unit doesn't get access to both till lvl 9 *sigh*

Another ART aside from Lily also, is Amateus, he has a pretty high fly stat, except I find him slow even with it. But atleast he has some way to maneuver and reposition himself.

Bugsy from the support bot units, a Medium size bot has access to short boost / Boost Run / Quick land, which is a nice selection for mobility. He even has the nifty cartridge Broad Radar.

But anyways, hope you find what you're looking for.
Back to top Go down
Vryko
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Help with new 'bot'   Help with new 'bot' EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:33 pm

To be honest, trying a bit of everything.

Just did like Ico and Piroto's Guide and managed to be "usefull" with it, gave him a Large Bazooka and a Box Misseles and was a really nice damage.... Still, once a melee closes to me its pretty much "fly and hope for some one to help".
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Male Posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Help with new 'bot'   Help with new 'bot' EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 11:17 pm

idea: tune walk.
Back to top Go down
ico251
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Help with new 'bot'   Help with new 'bot' EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 7:05 am

@Vryko wrote:
To be honest, trying a bit of everything.

Just did like Ico and Piroto's Guide and managed to be "usefull" with it, gave him a Large Bazooka and a Box Misseles and was a really nice damage.... Still, once a melee closes to me its pretty much "fly and hope for some one to help".

https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com/t1871-piroton-s-guide-to-playing-l-art-types-m-and-s-coming-soon

2. Close-Combat Hopper

This is the kicker, and my preferred method of play. You will Short Boost everything. You will outrun most of the enemy attacks that other frontlining ARTs will throw at you. You still need support for most things, and though it doesn't seem very tanky or very good at defending against assault, your build will make a massive difference.

The Short Boost cartridge needs the quick boost upgrade to be truly successful. With Quick Boost, your Boost bar will recharge as fast as you can hop, providing unlimited hopping capability. It's quite the fearsome attack force. Equip the bots with bazookas and you'll be able to dish out large damage up close, while missiles will make you an AIR- murderer.

For this build you'll need to have a shield mounted on the bot. It should be reasonably close to the BD - else it's useless anyways. Box Missiles or Bazooka are reasonably good weapon choices for this bot, especially when combined with the built-in Destructor BD weapondry - Anti-Air missiles or Long-Range Bazooka.

Recommended Bot: Destructor / Destructor CN

Recommended Parts: Viper Shield / Box Missiles / Large Bazooka / Volcano Grenade / Bazooka / (any physically small LG, to reduce hitbox)
Back to top Go down
Vryko
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Help with new 'bot'   Help with new 'bot' EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:51 am

@FullThrottle
I'm new to the Game and to be honest I'm having a bad time trying to Tune Up since I have no clue where to get the mats (actually I think that its in Arcantus and such Quests but i'm too lazy and it takes too much time to complete one of those)

@Ico
Managed to play with it, and really liked... Really thanks for the help and such.
Tyring to level it and to get Short and Quick Boost especially after seeing what a Hopper can do.
Back to top Go down
zappa1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zappa1

Male Posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Help with new 'bot'   Help with new 'bot' EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:27 pm

If you need some help for the outpost or just want some company let me know.
We can farm for tune up mats.
Back to top Go down
Kryojenix

PostSubject: Re: Help with new 'bot'   Help with new 'bot' EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:35 pm

I grew to like Destructor CN. And actually like that hopper strategy. Going to work on that.
Back to top Go down
Vryko
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Help with new 'bot'   Help with new 'bot' EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:53 pm

@Kryojenix
I'm not a pro at it but after you see someone doing it you probally will work harder... Forgot the name of the Lilly (I think it was a Lilly) that did that on my Jikun... After it did 10 jumps I quitted and runned to hit another bot.

@zappa
Sure, I'm always at Channel 1 and up to anything, i will try to pm you in game once i get home and we see what we can do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with new 'bot'   Help with new 'bot' Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with new 'bot'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: Tech Support-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com