Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

robots that are invulnerable, what is it ?

Go down 
+4
Vartio
Shin Majin
FullThrottle
ico251
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ico251
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

robots that are invulnerable, what is it ? Empty
PostSubject: robots that are invulnerable, what is it ?   robots that are invulnerable, what is it ? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:56 am

I noticed that when I shoot at some robots in the Arena they don't loose HP at all and their HP bar has a purple color - what is it ?

Sometimes there fall big balls from the sky, what weapon is it and which robot uses it ?

Last edited by ico251 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Male Posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: robots that are invulnerable, what is it ?   robots that are invulnerable, what is it ? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:22 pm

it's lag that's all.
Back to top Go down
ico251
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: robots that are invulnerable, what is it ?   robots that are invulnerable, what is it ? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 3:47 pm

ok, I'll check it further but it's strange anytime it happens they have a purple HP bar and not a red one
Back to top Go down
Shin Majin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Shin Majin

Male Posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: robots that are invulnerable, what is it ?   robots that are invulnerable, what is it ? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 4:48 pm

Throttle's just trolling. Try to ignore him.

I don't recall ever seeing the purple bar in the arena, but I'm pretty sure that "weapon" you're talking about is the meteor fall. It's not a part you can equip, but an item that's dropped by destroyed enemies/objects. When you use it, a meteor falls near each enemy. It's rather nice.
Back to top Go down
Vartio
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: robots that are invulnerable, what is it ?   robots that are invulnerable, what is it ? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 4:53 pm

@Shin Majin wrote:
Throttle's just trolling. Try to ignore him.

I don't recall ever seeing the purple bar in the arena, but I'm pretty sure that "weapon" you're talking about is the meteor fall. It's not a part you can equip, but an item that's dropped by destroyed enemies/objects. When you use it, a meteor falls near each enemy. It's rather nice.

I see it. It usually means their HP is above a certain amount, usually over I think 500?
Back to top Go down
ico251
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: robots that are invulnerable, what is it ?   robots that are invulnerable, what is it ? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:17 pm

I checked it today and it really seems to be like robots with purple HP bar are invulnerable.
I'm using TwinBlaster to get sure I hit them. No matter how much I fire at them theirs HP bar is still at full. On robots with red HP bar I can clearly see how the bar gets smaller. What is this bullshit ? Are they maybe cheating ?
Back to top Go down
Vartio
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: robots that are invulnerable, what is it ?   robots that are invulnerable, what is it ? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:19 pm

@ico251 wrote:
I checked it today and it really seems to be like robots with purple HP bar are invulnerable.
I'm using TwinBlaster to get sure I hit them. No matter how much I fire at them theirs HP bar is still at full. On robots with red HP bar I can clearly see how the bar gets smaller. What is this bullshit ? Are they maybe cheating ?

I just explained it Ico. The pink/purple/Magenta means that their HP is above a set level (let's say 300 HP?). The Red means it's under this level and then shows the drop in %.
Back to top Go down
Shin Majin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Shin Majin

Male Posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: robots that are invulnerable, what is it ?   robots that are invulnerable, what is it ? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:41 pm

I see a similar phenomenon with some quest enemies.

They aren't invulnerable...just really tough. I imagine if you shot them enough, eventually their health bar would turn red and start decreasing.
Back to top Go down
ico251
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: robots that are invulnerable, what is it ?   robots that are invulnerable, what is it ? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:04 pm

@Shin Majin wrote:
I imagine if you shot them enough, eventually their health bar would turn red and start decreasing.
yes, after some further checking it happens this way. I find it stupid that the bar doesn't change until the HP reaches some level.
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Male Posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: robots that are invulnerable, what is it ?   robots that are invulnerable, what is it ? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:13 pm

@Shin Majin wrote:
Throttle's just trolling

Spoiler:

Full, you're really walking a thin line lately, stop with the insults.

Last edited by FunThingsAreFun on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Unnecessary bashing of other forum-goers.)
Back to top Go down
Heavier

PostSubject: Re: robots that are invulnerable, what is it ?   robots that are invulnerable, what is it ? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:42 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this same phenomenon applies to healing as well.

Whenever I would use a minirepair or repair bit on allies, I would occasionally see 'full health' allies come in as well for a heal. Earlier on I used to question this and was always surprised by such an action. It was only later on when I noticed the several layers of health bars we have (with each one totaling roughly 200 or 250). I take it that only when health is <200 or perhaps <400 that an effect on the health bar is noticeable.

Note - You should still be able to see the amount of damage you did to your enemy regardless
Back to top Go down
AngelWings
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AngelWings

Male Posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: robots that are invulnerable, what is it ?   robots that are invulnerable, what is it ? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 8:30 pm

The magic number is 400. If their HP is higher than 400, it'll show up as that purple bar.

Likewise, allies with 400+ HP will have a White Bar.

The easiest place to see this is at a Quest (Like Haku), where the boss has a lot of HP, and as you do damage to him, the bar remains purple for the last few seconds of your damage, when it might drop in between 0 to 400.

As for your other question, it is indeed, meteor fall. An item that I've never gotten before =x

P.S. Viper Shield MAY make some robots invincible (?) Wink
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: robots that are invulnerable, what is it ?   robots that are invulnerable, what is it ? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 8:40 pm

@AngelWings wrote:

P.S. Viper Shield MAY make some robots invincible (?) Wink
Not necessarily since they break, but that does raise the point that some bots do have built-in shields on some parts. Ouka has a small shield on her left shoulder that, to my knowledge, doesn't break, and Mighty Byne's completely shielded aside from his back.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: robots that are invulnerable, what is it ?   robots that are invulnerable, what is it ? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:48 am

White = full hp(?)
Purple=High hp
Red= Dying
Black=Dead and coming back to kill you.
Back to top Go down
ico251
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: robots that are invulnerable, what is it ?   robots that are invulnerable, what is it ? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:58 am

thanks
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: robots that are invulnerable, what is it ?   robots that are invulnerable, what is it ? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:43 pm

@Nisa wrote:
White = full hp(?)
Purple=High hp
Red= Dying
Black=Dead and coming back to kill you.
I think white is "more than 3 healthbars", because I've only seen white bars on certain L-size units.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: robots that are invulnerable, what is it ?   robots that are invulnerable, what is it ? Empty

Back to top Go down

robots that are invulnerable, what is it ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: Tech Support-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com