Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paint - Importing Image problems

Go down 
+4
RawGreen
Coro
Daylyt
Xinsin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Xinsin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Paint - Importing Image problems Empty
PostSubject: Paint - Importing Image problems   Paint - Importing Image problems EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:25 am

I was wondering what file type is needed for "Image Import" in paint? because iv tried a gif (Which to my knowledge is the only one it accepts) and it says "Color Palette Invalid"

Can anyone help me out? I really want to customize my robot.
Back to top Go down
Daylyt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Daylyt

Female Posts : 212
Location : Enjoying the air on Yenka Summit. (The air there is wildly addicting...)

PostSubject: Re: Paint - Importing Image problems   Paint - Importing Image problems EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:24 pm

I believe the file format it uses is .PNG, not .GIF~ (i'm not too sure about the specifics regarding the .PNG format, but I managed to transfer my JP CosmicBreak Skins through that format~
Back to top Go down
http://herofactory.forumtl.com/
Coro
Coro

Male Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Paint - Importing Image problems   Paint - Importing Image problems EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:55 pm

I've only tried .png, but that works for me.
Back to top Go down
Xinsin
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Paint - Importing Image problems   Paint - Importing Image problems EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 10:33 pm

Daylyt wrote:
I believe the file format it uses is .PNG, not .GIF~ (i'm not too sure about the specifics regarding the .PNG format, but I managed to transfer my JP CosmicBreak Skins through that format~

I used .PNG just now and it says "Image Is Not In Palette Format" what am I doing wrong? =/
Back to top Go down
RawGreen
RawGreen

Male Posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: Paint - Importing Image problems   Paint - Importing Image problems EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 2:01 am

Paint doesn't respond well with PNG files, I've heard of a free painting program named Gimp, but I've never messed with it since I use photoshop. Also, sir, PNG files can support transparency, it might be possible to make invisible parts of the character, though, I need the maintenance going on to finish before I can finally test it.
Back to top Go down
Xinsin
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Paint - Importing Image problems   Paint - Importing Image problems EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:58 am

I have gimp, I guess ill use that instead. Let me know if it works I kinda want to do something like that.
Back to top Go down
Xinsin
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Paint - Importing Image problems   Paint - Importing Image problems EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 1:52 pm

RawGreen wrote:
Paint doesn't respond well with PNG files, I've heard of a free painting program named Gimp, but I've never messed with it since I use photoshop. Also, sir, PNG files can support transparency, it might be possible to make invisible parts of the character, though, I need the maintenance going on to finish before I can finally test it.

Tried using Gimp and saved as a .PNG but I got the same message "Image Is Not In Palette Format". Is there something I have to do that I'm missing? aside from just saving it as a .PNG?
Back to top Go down
Xenosnake
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Xenosnake

Male Posts : 298

PostSubject: Re: Paint - Importing Image problems   Paint - Importing Image problems EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 12:11 am

Um I'm having the same problem too.
Back to top Go down
killy00
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Paint - Importing Image problems   Paint - Importing Image problems EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 3:14 am

this problem kan be solved with photoshop i used the cs3 version, just open ur png and then force it to 16 colors or less, it wont have the same colors u used but u kan pick some similar colors from the game editor

Paint - Importing Image problems Dibujozs

Paint - Importing Image problems Dibujo2hm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paint - Importing Image problems   Paint - Importing Image problems EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 3:51 am

You can change it to 16 colours via paint
Back to top Go down
Fainche
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fainche

Male Posts : 465

PostSubject: Re: Paint - Importing Image problems   Paint - Importing Image problems EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:53 am

killy00 wrote:
this problem kan be solved with photoshop i used the cs3 version, just open ur png and then force it to 16 colors or less, it wont have the same colors u used but u kan pick some similar colors from the game editor

Paint - Importing Image problems Dibujozs

Paint - Importing Image problems Dibujo2hm

so i tried reducing it to 16 colors, and now it looks like shit Smile how do we fix that??
Back to top Go down
Tigge
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Tigge

PostSubject: Re: Paint - Importing Image problems   Paint - Importing Image problems EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:03 am

ok then

for one it's not 16 colors or less it's 256 colors (notice how theres an option for that on your monitor omg)

and the reason the error is given because it doesnt understand what the hell the color it is and it rejects it this is the exact reason why i don't just grab my jikun and make all his skins invisible ( called alpha channel)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paint - Importing Image problems   Paint - Importing Image problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Paint - Importing Image problems
Page 1 of 1