Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Installer just freezes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Male Posts : 799

Installer just freezes Empty
PostSubject: Installer just freezes   Installer just freezes EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 3:25 pm

not sure if anyone's had this problem or not, but when I double click the self extracting archive, it doesn't go to the actual installer window like most programs. I've re-downloaded this and the same problem happened so, any help or ideas?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Installer just freezes   Installer just freezes EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Check that:

Your antivirus is turned off.
The file is the right size and shows the icon.
You aren't running loads of processess that may collide with the installer.
Back to top Go down
Xaiyu

Male Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Installer just freezes   Installer just freezes EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 3:45 pm

FullThrottle wrote:
not sure if anyone's had this problem or not, but when I double click the self extracting archive, it doesn't go to the actual installer window like most programs. I've re-downloaded this and the same problem happened so, any help or ideas?

Yeah, when i first downloaded it, i tried 7zip'ing it and it spread everything all over my desktop, including the installer as if it had installed it on my desktop, i cleaned everything up, redownloaded and it worked fine after that (Windows 7 64bit), you can try 7 zip'ing it into a spcific folder and then running the .exe. maybe your download speed is so high something is getting corrupted? that's likely since alot of games throttle the download to keep from corrupting files.

If you have a router i hear enabling QoS helps with fast download speeds and currupted files, since it ensures the packets are recived/sent correctly, tho i personally don't know how reliable that is. If that doesn't fix your problem, i'll see what else i can find out.
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Male Posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Installer just freezes   Installer just freezes EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 4:42 pm

I actually solved this a few minutes after the post, I found there was this feature in my properties that blocks off certain programs from downloads, yes this is a great feature, but freezing your computer doesn't make it better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Installer just freezes   Installer just freezes EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:58 pm

FullThrottle wrote:
I actually solved this a few minutes after the post, I found there was this feature in my properties that blocks off certain programs from downloads, yes this is a great feature, but freezing your computer doesn't make it better.

I'm gonna guess it's AVG or McAfee.
I don't use antivirus programs.
They lag me like hell,
When I notice something screwed up I just torture that virus myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installer just freezes   Installer just freezes Empty

Back to top Go down

Installer just freezes
Page 1 of 1