Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lasers and burners.

Go down 
+6
Suguri
CapeMike
Ichijo
-ACHTUNG-
Nisa
CybermanX
10 posters
AuthorMessage
CybermanX

Male Posts : 29

Lasers and burners. Empty
PostSubject: Lasers and burners.   Lasers and burners. EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:24 am

I'm a beta player but I never was interested in the above weapon types until now. I was wondering if there were a useful way to utilize the two types.

From what i gather the ceramic burner is for art units to chase away other harassing units.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Lasers and burners.   Lasers and burners. EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:35 am

Art units should never get that close to units.
+its called [glass burner]
its made for land units to Attack other land units because of its annoying burn effect (great for jammer medal)
Back to top Go down
-ACHTUNG-
-ACHTUNG-

Male Posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Lasers and burners.   Lasers and burners. EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:32 pm

COuld be a Nice last Ditch Deterent from the Jikuns that Swarm me....
Back to top Go down
CybermanX

Male Posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Lasers and burners.   Lasers and burners. EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 3:06 pm

It looks like only the Burner causes the burn effect. Odd.
Back to top Go down
Ichijo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Ichijo

PostSubject: Re: Lasers and burners.   Lasers and burners. EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:04 pm

Lasers are nerfed in release, so no one uses them now.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Lasers and burners.   Lasers and burners. EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:10 pm

I see the vast majority of Burner users are Support with Lnd types a distant second; the weapon is quite useful for Support players, like me, who tend to draw Lnd units like flies on rotten Natto...usually, a Burner to the face convinces them to look elsewhere for prey while you run like heck.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Lasers and burners.   Lasers and burners. EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:19 pm

Ichijo wrote:
Was the laser nerf really that bad? As far as I'm aware it only affected reload time if you didn't use the full amount of ammo, and made it not instantly track the crosshair (like every other weapon anyway; it's not hard to lead it).

Anyway, my personal experience is that lasers are a great close-range weapon for air types, particularly considering they're only going to be dodged if the opponent moves faster than you can aim. Burners I hear are used mostly by support for fending off pesky land types that try to get in their faces, but I haven't had much success with them.
Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

PostSubject: Re: Lasers and burners.   Lasers and burners. EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 10:13 pm

i dont find lasers damaging enough to be really useful (the UC available ones), as compared to simply equip beam guns. the non-instant auto tracking actually hurts laser quite some, since by the time it actually tracks towards the target its already over some of its supposed volley, greatly reducing the damage it can do in a single reload. didn't use it that much tho, so cmiiw.

as for burners, all burners actually burn, but the glass burner have lower chance to give the burning status as well as much shorter time of burning compared to the normal burner. even the normal burner burn duration is nowhere near the burn duration given by fire pillars. ceramic burner and others on the other hand (afaik since i only had it in beta) is much more potent burn-status wise.

the problem actually is that melee units can just spam attacks and seemingly not affected by burning status at all since the melee tracks and advances as is.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Lasers and burners.   Lasers and burners. EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:26 pm

Suguri wrote:
Ichijo wrote:
Was the laser nerf really that bad? As far as I'm aware it only affected reload time if you didn't use the full amount of ammo, and made it not instantly track the crosshair (like every other weapon anyway; it's not hard to lead it).

Anyway, my personal experience is that lasers are a great close-range weapon for air types, particularly considering they're only going to be dodged if the opponent moves faster than you can aim. Burners I hear are used mostly by support for fending off pesky land types that try to get in their faces, but I haven't had much success with them.

Yes, the nerf was that bad. The homing decrease made them useless because the only thing that was ever going for it was it's accuracy rather than damage output. Now that the accuracy is gone, using it as pure damage just won't work.

But that's only every green laser floating around. Cetusion AM and Jack Gadget HD2 and (Herzelion? The plant robot in the Mecha Garapon) BD are the only competent lasers left. Don't mention Baltheon AMs, they don't do well anymore.

Also, Burners stun easily and give the burning effect. But, since the JP "fix", you can't stun consistently like you used to with burners, so they're pretty much fail now.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Lasers and burners.   Lasers and burners. EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 12:44 am

I still can do fine with Batheon arms, I have no clue what everyone's problem with lasers are...

The blue and while lasers are bad because of their 1s charge time, which lets people heckle you way too easily thanks to their short range. I suppose if your actual ability to manually aim is trash the laser nerf is pretty harsh, but I didn't even know what the nerf was till I checked here. They aren't stupidly effective like they were in beta, but are still good weapons.

Now I'm not gonna lie, I'm biased because I used lasers a lot in the beta, and I still use them now, so I have a lot of laser experience, but one thing I can say is if your bringing a cetusion/ jack gadget laser, they are not for direct combat, you have to plan their use in advance.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Lasers and burners.   Lasers and burners. EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:57 am

Well I don't know about the super huge lazrs of the other units, but I do know that Handy lazr- which is what most people with Crim would use back in beta is now totally hopeless. You do better with spamming plasma gun cause the auto lock on is way more efficient than the handy lazr lock on which was super good in beta. Like back in beta, you just clicked your lazr and it would hit even if you weren't actually aiming at the enemy itself. Plus handy lazr's damage is very bad, dealing about 10 per hit and would constantly get reduced cause of the TGH. Now in Beta, you wouldn't worry cause you know your next click will still have a high probability of hitting again. But with the nerf now, you can't exactly do that anymore. And if you intend to stick with it and aim your gun so it hits. Just use a beam rifle, you deal far more damage and the shot can go through multiple enemies and items.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Lasers and burners.   Lasers and burners. EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:35 am

Hyoka wrote:
Suguri wrote:
Ichijo wrote:

Yes, the nerf was that bad. The homing decrease made them useless because the only thing that was ever going for it was it's accuracy rather than damage output. Now that the accuracy is gone, using it as pure damage just won't work.

But that's only every green laser floating around. Cetusion AM and Jack Gadget HD2 and (Herzelion? The plant robot in the Mecha Garapon) BD are the only competent lasers left. Don't mention Baltheon AMs, they don't do well anymore.

Also, Burners stun easily and give the burning effect. But, since the JP "fix", you can't stun consistently like you used to with burners, so they're pretty much fail now.

I've got one of those plant-bots in CBJp(a lucky Garapon roll); it's laser has decent range, decent power, and surprisingly good tracking...can chew through shields in no time at all with a few solid hits, giving it great durability for a Support ype bot. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lasers and burners.   Lasers and burners. Empty

Back to top Go down

Lasers and burners.
Page 1 of 1