Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Xaiyu

Male Posts : 21

Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break Empty
PostSubject: Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break   Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 5:55 pm

I bought a Radeon HD 5970 about 8 months back, i was waiting on 'The next big MMO' to hit and wanted to be able to max it out. I discovered Cosmic Break a week ago. While the 5970 is absolute overkill for even the latest and greatest MMO's, I was hoping Cosmic break would bring me atleast 1920x1080 resolution. Which is fine, iv'e adjusted to 1280x1024. One thing i couldn't adjust to is it using only 1 of my 2 GPU's, this wouldn't bother me so much if i had 2 seperate GPU's, but the Radeon HD 5970 is 1 card with 2 GPU's on the same heatsink and i cannot controll which games will and will not naturally use both, until now.

Using my trusty monitoring software - MSI Afterburner - iv'e figured out a way to enable dual GPU's with Cosmic break, while it's overkill to even run 1 GPU, i did not spend $700 on this video card for it to work 50% of the time, crackin' the whip! Here's how you can do it too.

Step 1. Open your Catalyst Control Panel, or for Nvidia, Nvidia Control Panel. For ATI- Right click the desktop and click ATI CCC, For Nvidia, Start - Control Panel - Nvidia Control Panel.

Step 2. Amung your Video & "3D" options you will find the following. "Anti-Aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering, (For ATI only)-Catalyst A.I, MIPMAP Deatil Level, Wait for Vertical Refersh, Antii-Aliasing Mode, and For ATI-OpenGL Mode. *These settings may differ from ATI and Nvidia, and also may differ from on Driver to another, this is a general view.

Step 3. Uncheck the "Use Application Settings" Boxes Under Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering. Under Anti-aliasing a drop-box labled "Filter" will appear, select "Box" as the "Filter", Adjust Anti-Aliasing and Anistrophic Filtering to x16, or the highest you have available.

Step 4. For ATI-Enable Catalyst A.I and set it to "Standard"

Step 5. Wait for Verticle Refresh should be set to "Off, Unless application specifies" or "always off" You may select "Always On" if you are having image distortion or screen tearing, this will limit your frame rate to sync with the refresh rate fo your monitor, so far i haven't had any issues even at 600+ Frames/sec.

Step 6. OpenGL settings (Not sure if Nvidia has this option.) You do not need to enable Triiple buffering unless your frame rate is below the refresh rate of your monitor, (I.E 60FPS) With dual-GPU's of almost any sort, i doubt it will be an issue, but assuming you are recieving lag due to the higher settings, you can enable OpenGL Triple Buffering and force Verticle Sync to "Always On" This will render objects and meshes ahead of time, and allow for the memory to increase it's overall bandwidth to help with frame rates.

While this isn't neccessary for any situation of dual-gpu's i personally do not like to see my equiptment idle, nor do i like the idea of one GPU heating up and idle GPU. From personal experiance, my 5970 still only uses 13-20% of both GPU's and with holds a fairly solid framerates, in town my frame rate is aprox 300fps, during the arena it's aprox 400+ and never below. I had more room to play with with forcing Antialiasing and Anisotrpic filtering, which got rid of some jagged lines, and made the distance seem alittle more crisp, i feel like before it blurred the details a bit, overall it feels much smoother, i hope this works for all of you, happy gaming!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break   Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:17 pm

Believe it or not, I have that enable atm.

But really.
Who needs it.
I mean,
Even a 3 year old nVidia GeForce 7300 le can play this game in high settings fine.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break   Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:21 pm

Wall of text.
Im not reading it >_>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break   Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 7:35 pm

Nisa wrote:
Wall of text.
Im not reading it >_>

No point.
Its not like we're gonna use it >_>

But good instructions I guess.
I havent finished reading but to me it just looks like instructions for ATi.
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

Female Posts : 388

PostSubject: Re: Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break   Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 8:45 pm

I just want to know the reason for this.
CB is running pretty well at almost any 1GPU configuration, PC with any average $80 videocard could run it at max settings.
It's like swatting a fly with a railgun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break   Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:11 am

koi wrote:
I just want to know the reason for this.
CB is running pretty well at almost any 1GPU configuration, PC with any average $80 videocard could run it at max settings.
It's like swatting a fly with a railgun.

I'm running this perfectly fine on a Intel Graphics Controller 82852/82855
My shit laptop is like the first ever widescreen laptop ever, with a screen size of 11".
Known as Dell Inspiron 700m.

Neways,
Has 64mb memory,
Shit for clock,
Shit for games.

I remember not being able to play even jellycar on this since I don't have pixelshader 2.0

Thankfully I have a new shit lappy,
With the lowest end i3, 330m.
It's GPU follows it's shittyness,
ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5145.
Then comes along the 3Gbs of corrupt DDR3 RAM,
A midget HDD,
And a neat little TOSHIBA LAPTOP CASE to cover it all up.
I feel like I degenerated.
Back to top Go down
ubersum1

PostSubject: Re: Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break   Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:07 pm

off-topic, but my pc is utter shite.
7900gs, 2gb ram, 3.0ghz pentium IV
you'd still think it could run cosmic break smoothly at 1280x1024, maybe even some AA enabled. sadly, it lags at that resolution, a fair bloody bit even without AA Sad
So yeah... i doubt 7300 could run it high settings. Just sayin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break   Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:52 pm

ubersum1 wrote:
off-topic, but my pc is utter shite.
7900gs, 2gb ram, 3.0ghz pentium IV
you'd still think it could run cosmic break smoothly at 1280x1024, maybe even some AA enabled. sadly, it lags at that resolution, a fair bloody bit even without AA Sad
So yeah... i doubt 7300 could run it high settings. Just sayin.

My 7300 Outperforms even a ATi Radeon 4350 or better.
Why?
I superclocked it.

There's a simple reason to your lag,
Your CPU is a granny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break   Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break Empty

Back to top Go down

Enable Dual-GPU's for Cosmic Break
Page 1 of 1