Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steamworld Dig

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Steamworld Dig Empty
PostSubject: Steamworld Dig   Steamworld Dig EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 1:20 pm

This game I just got for my Birthday two days ago, and I thought I'd make a topic about it.

Steamworld Dig SteamWorld-Dig-Twitter-Thumbnail

It's called Steamworld Dig.
Basically you play as a Steampunk mining robot who inherits a massive mine from his relative, and goes to dig down and find whatever treasures are down there. Along the way, he comes across some very unexpected structures and gadget upgrades, and finds out as he digs deeper that there may be more to his old relative than he thought. Also, it takes place in some sort of Post-Apocalyptic society where humans now live underground after a nuclear war, and Steampunk robots now have started a recovering society on the surface there.

It plays like a cross between Dig Dug and a Metroidvania style game. Like you have to dig down to find items and watch out for enemies, which you can kill by making rocks fall on them or by using a pickaxe, but as you venture down, you find various upgrades in side tunnels. Also you have to pay attention to how you dig, so that you have a means to get back to the surface later. You also collect ore to sell at the surface, and use the proceeds to buy new upgrades to your equipment, which are needed as you get down further. There are also things like some of your Steam-powered gadgets require water to use which you fill up by standing in pools of water in the caves, secret areas, and more.

Also, it has a sequel which I have yet to play, but there is a Steamworld Dig 2. The game also takes place in the same universe as Steamworld Heist turn-based strategy games, which I heard this is a prequel to.
Back to top Go down

Steamworld Dig
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: Gaming Hotspot!-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com