Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?

Go down 
+40
Phyx
Paruru
Charz
Wisp
xTohka
MagicPotatoplz
Sakura1
That_Wiesel_Guy
NEXT
Poltergeist
RoflWaffle
DietyAphrodite
nebel
MeloettaAria
VietPho
Lazgrane
God is a Cat Girl
Astral_Dono
aosepsa
MrCake
Fleur
elmatalast
Yushii
Fairlion
reVelske
Silvershine
Esequienes?
CxM
Beatrix
bubiche
WhiteTofuMagic
Kuzuha
Raniko
Shidokun
LazFlamme
Tuskin
Zwiebel Force
AhegaoMaster
Maelstrom
Frizz
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fleur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Fleur

Female Posts : 822

Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 4:10 pm

Obi-Wan-Kenobi wrote:

I wonder how can someone comment like they knew all CB1 history (updates) yet sound like they just started playing CB1 and 2 yesterday.

I do know it's not fair to compare actual CB to CB2/Cosmicleague when CB started pretty pay-to-win, but i think it is in a completely different magnitude.

Lop sisters, vanguard fencer and lily EVE were strong and it took some time to implement UC-to-RT monthly trade, but you couldn't single-handed win a match with them in those times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 4:19 pm

Fleur wrote:
Obi-Wan-Kenobi wrote:

I wonder how can someone comment like they knew all CB1 history (updates) yet sound like they just started playing CB1 and 2 yesterday.

I do know it's not fair to compare actual CB to CB2/Cosmicleague when CB started pretty pay-to-win, but i think it is in a completely different magnitude.

Lop sisters, vanguard fencer and lily EVE were strong and it took some time to implement UC-to-RT monthly trade, but you couldn't single-handed win a match with them in those times.

Someone's forgetting the ZERO update, where the rules were send to trash and other facts (updates) that keept breaking the game, even before that Ivis existed and Seraph Crim, etc. stuff you could only get on gara, you have FP on CL which bypass UC->RT limitations on CB1 on top of that you get tickets to roll gara, you can even exchange pieces for tickets to roll other garas and other stuff, in that regard CB2 players started way better that CB1 players since stuff like that didn't even existed including these nice Mega UC garas or whatever not even forgetting Anniversary gara/Shop.

You are facing a recent game by an experienced company, don't come claiming unfair play if you don't research their previous work.

Actually, i shouldn't be the one calling this BS up since at that time i was just minding my own business and collecting crap.

The IP thing was because purebreed players were whining long and loud enough, and what's happening to the game right now is their reward.
Back to top Go down
Fleur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Fleur

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Obi-Wan-Kenobi wrote:

Someone's forgetting the ZERO update, where the rules were send to trash and other facts (updates) that keept breaking the game, even before that Ivis existed and Seraph Crim, etc.

I am pretty sure ZERO update happened way after seraph crim and ivis existed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 4:23 pm

Fleur wrote:
Obi-Wan-Kenobi wrote:

Someone's forgetting the ZERO update, where the rules were send to trash and other facts (updates) that keept breaking the game, even before that Ivis existed and Seraph Crim, etc.

I am pretty sure ZERO update happened way after seraph crim and ivis existed.

I hope you can see better now.
Back to top Go down
Fleur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Fleur

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 4:29 pm

Oh, i misread it.

The way you worded it could be interpreted in multiple ways.

Quote :
"that keept breaking the game, even before that Ivis existed and Seraph Crim, etc."

This can mean:

1. ZERO happened before ivis existed.
2. Before ZERO happened, Ivis and Crim existed.

Why?

Because it's missing a comma.

Quote :
"that keept breaking the game, even before that, Ivis existed and Seraph Crim, etc."

Commas exist to prevent this kind of multiple interpretations while making a sentence.

Now it's not open to interpretation. It clearly states that even before ZERO, Ivis existed...and seraph crim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 4:33 pm

Fleur wrote:
Oh, i misread it.

The way you worded it could be interpreted in multiple ways.

Quote :
"that keept breaking the game, even before that Ivis existed and Seraph Crim, etc."

This can mean:

1. ZERO happened before ivis existed.
2. Before ZERO happened, Ivis and Crim existed.

Why?

Because it's missing a comma.

Quote :
"that keept breaking the game, even before that, Ivis existed and Seraph Crim, etc."

Commas exist to prevent this kind of multiple interpretations while making a sentence.

Now it's not open to interpretation. It clearly states that even before ZERO, Ivis existed...and seraph crim.

Oh, didn't noticed it, i suppose that i still don't understand english as much as i thought i could.
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 6:14 pm

Ivis and Seraph Crim were technically here way b4 Zero ( IF you mean ZSG )
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Fleur wrote:
Obi-Wan-Kenobi wrote:

It's still P2W, UC > RT never saved it from that, it only gave the illusion to make the game any better if you ever got lucky. This days it's just freebies that doesn't really improve the game in any way, it's a bandaid that won't really do any good. CL pretty much started with their equivalent of CB's freebies at launch, but that's all that monthly pieces and -insert name here- pieces and FP ever was, a bandaid and not a reliable system which is what both games always lacked.

By the time they finished implementing both Lop Sisters people already had destroyed the arena and already could carry their teams, just Seraph herself pretty much obliterated most homing arts and broke that balance right away, but sure, she's free, but still a bad start when you have units that work against the basic design of the game so early on (for us anyway).

The units you mentioned weren't even the biggest threats as all rely on gimmicks, gimmicks that limited each unit in different degrees. Lily Eve for example has her gimmick gimp herself which made her already small population even smaller, she's powerful but easily turns off people due to her lock on bullshit and how bad lock ons are (even worse on her). All of those bots were released in a time when most people could barely tune or even knew how to tune bots properly, plus tuning being much harder back then (no 100% +1 tunes, no RB tunes, barely any freebies besides a few mission events and later level up campaign, no bazaar, etc) and that actually limits them a lot more than it seems, even back then (even worse when we got Sugoi rather early).

CB might as well be worse than CL when it comes to P2W because the only things that make CB microscopically better aren't actual systems in the game but the constant bandaid campaigns, but CL did have a, although terrible, system to roll gara for free.
No game is any better in the end, CB's gameplay is broken beyond repair, the client is as broken, CL just wasn't fun and had a needless amount of stat customization that was yet another front for RNG and money laundering much like CB's tuning.

CL just had no reason to exist when in the end it was no good and no better than CB, and CB still exists and most people already played or had played CB anyway, and IP bans weren't a bad thing, no good game would do without it, CB only survives without it by being terrible for everyone but a bunch of lagging faggots who ruin the fun for everyone else, if CL had gone the same road even if the game survived any longer it wouldn't be any closer to be a good game, much like how CB after it's launch didn't even got to be a mediocre game, certainly not better than that considering all the other options that appeared since then and how F2P games got a lot better over time (not counting with phone games, those are all clones of clones). Though, sadly, there's no other options like it, after all it's a niche game, which also means that the chances of a good happening are very, very small.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 7:13 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
IP bans weren't a bad thing, no good game would do without it.
Call me out on this one if i'm wrong (if i am understanding this in a wrong way), but you can make an awesome online game in the country that you live and have it IP blocked so people from other countries can't play it, but if people from your own country doesn't want to do it long enough that you have to shut the game down, then it doesn't mean it is a good or bad game, just that the people where you live don't appreciate it, on the flip side it can be claimed as a master piece outside your country, worth is in the eyes of the beholder, that's why the phrase "One man's trash is another man's treasure" exist.

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
CB only survives without it by being terrible for everyone but a bunch of lagging faggots who ruin the fun for everyone else

(Rethoric):I wonder how the Japanese servers of all C.$. games survived before C.$. had overseas branches and how they are faring better that any western C.$. server right now.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 7:55 pm

Obi-Wan-Kenobi wrote:
God is a Cat Girl wrote:
IP bans weren't a bad thing, no good game would do without it.
Call me out on this one if i'm wrong (if i am understanding this in a wrong way), but you can make an awesome online game in the country that you live and have it IP blocked so people from other countries can't play it, but if people from your own country doesn't want to do it long enough that you have to shut the game down, then it doesn't mean it is a good or bad game, just that the people where you live don't appreciate it, on the flip side it can be claimed as a master piece outside your country, worth is in the eyes of the beholder, that's why the phrase "One man's trash is another man's treasure" exist.

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
CB only survives without it by being terrible for everyone but a bunch of lagging faggots who ruin the fun for everyone else

(Rethoric):I wonder how the Japanese servers of all C.$. games survived before C.$. had overseas branches and how they are faring better that any western C.$. server right now.

IP bans and regional servers go beyond the game's quality, although by what you describe, tastes.
Games, even more those that are based on action, need regions and if necessary IP bans to ensure it's fair and playable for everyone, because lag is a very influential thing.

Though it's hard to deny that CB and CL are bad games, they are, no matter if they live or die, they aren't good games, they are below decent levels because the dev just can't bring their ideas to a better side (which is sad since some ideas start good and either aren't enough or are badly done and end up making things worse).

In this world there's people who eat shit, does that mean we should normalize such tastes because " that's why the phrase "One man's trash is another man's treasure" exist"?
See, the phrase doesn't exist to support the quality or lack of thereof, it exists simply because people are free to like whatever they want to, including shit. People are free to like bad games, there's people who play desert bus and big rigs, and there's also bias being present in varying degrees, but that doesn't mean tastes can be used to deny a game being bad and most of the time the problem isn't the game being bad, it's people denying it, because instead of improving what you love you are instead dooming it to be bad just because of "I". It's better to embrace a bad game than to prove it's good even though it will never be good because no one is moving a finger to make it any better, sadly CB and CL suffer of the later. You could go back and see discussions about CB where people would be shot down because saying that something was OP would immediately trigger their users to just say that the other party was just bad, because the truth is that if you are using something broken you aren't as skilled as you think you are, so the way to be skilled with a broken toy is to convince others that it's not broken and everything is alright, if they aren't convinced they are shot down, this then leads to the dev simply not seeing the feedback they need and if everything's alright, then nothing needs to change (wrong still, even in a perfectly balanced game it would still need constant change to keep people interested in it). And that's not just an issue with CB, most games have tons of people like that and they are rather easy to find (there's also those that say and try to convince others that a perfectly good tool is actually bad and needs to be improved, so their toy gets better/broken even without needing any changes).
Back to top Go down
AhegaoMaster
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Female Posts : 3335

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 9:01 pm

I used to run from bahpos.
Now bahpos run from me
Back to top Go down
Beatrix
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Beatrix

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 9:20 pm

where can i find CB2's arts then ? Sad
Back to top Go down
MrCake
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
MrCake

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 12:24 am

did the only thing i gotta do in cl before it goes for good
Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 50a41696ca
Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 12a1525d7c
and thats it.
Back to top Go down
Beatrix
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Beatrix

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 1:15 am

someone please help me to turn off netsvcs forever.
i tried to disable BITS but it still runinn Sad
Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 00e7618970
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 3:37 am

For starters, Lop sisters had zero impact on meta, they can barely even be considered a power creep.

The power creep went something like Ouka -> EVE -> ZeroSUGOI (dunno why I thought they were called "zero") -> downhill from there with Mialy/Initium.

Also, Fencer had a pretty big impact on the meta considering the melees available at the time, which only got worse with Axer, both set a horrible precedence on melee's trend going forward.

Oh and keep in mind that Ivis wasn't available for the longest time, she was only brought back when she became obsolete.

And as it has been mentioned, UC->Rt only popped up when power creep was already out of control.

I'm too lazy to even read what was being argued, just throwing out random corrections/notes.

Last edited by reVelske on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
NEXT
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NEXT

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 3:58 am

How far back do the forum archives go? I am sure I can literally quote myself from half a decade ago about Ouka turning me into the ugliest kebab with that fucking skewer sword of hers despite not knowing at the time all you had to do was hang over her head like a death spewing pinata.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 4:45 am

Main issue with Ouka at the time was that people still don't know how to tune/did not have the resource to fully tune, she had great mobility out of the box so stunlock to death was almost inevitable for most players. And Slow tune is bullshit.

Similar reason why I did not want to bring Seraph up. Anti-homing is handy and her stats are alright, and prolonged flight time was revolutionary (too bad it started a very bad design trend), but ultimately she wasn't doing anything you can't do with an Izuna or whatever else at the time and could be dealt with as easily if people had the resource or know-how (ie. knowing how to use a Large Bazooka/Railgun).
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 8:07 am

Look what I randomly found:

Spoiler:

Scientifically proven to be dabes at vidya games.
Back to top Go down
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant
LazFlamme

Female Posts : 3099

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 8:14 am

Fairlion wrote:
- Introduce new character from Lebruck Army - シャノン・ウィズバン (Shannon Wizban?)

Whizbang? Lebruck has Americans now?
Back to top Go down
Fairlion
Persenachia
Persenachia

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 8:23 am

LazFlamme wrote:

Whizbang? Lebruck has Americans now?
They changed it to シャノン・ウイズバン (Shanon Uizuban)
Before it was シャノン・ウィズバン (Shanon Wizuban)
And i'm suck at reading people's name.
Back to top Go down
Esequienes?
Genuine Drunk
Genuine Drunk

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 8:27 am

I tried to log in yesterday to CL at 23:30(server time) and it said under maintenance at what server time did they close the CL server? I wanted to record the last 10 minutes of the server.
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 8:49 pm

these morays sure are ruining the matches
Back to top Go down
Beatrix
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Beatrix

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 11:34 pm

yet ppl still complaining about air bots
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 1:14 am

Beatrix wrote:
yet ppl still complaining about air bots
I think most people just get mad at certain air types. Saku himself uses a double Thoarla commando, so pretty much every complain in that regard seems a bit silly.

I wish we had a stamina system for bots, or something. Something that encourages the players to use more than 9 bots or such.
Back to top Go down
elmatalast
Molcars Party Hard
Molcars Party Hard

Male Posts : 1457

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 6:45 am

Sharron Wizbern
Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 1n6ih9
Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 1n6ijp

* Also characters to be re balanced this month will be 9 now.
*** "アメリア" Amelia very likely the name of the second character
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next