Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

So, a couple questions!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Paruru

Male Posts : 105

So, a couple questions! Empty
PostSubject: So, a couple questions!   So, a couple questions! EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 3:58 am

Got dragged by a friend to try out Cosmic Leaguse and I soon realized I have no idea what even I'm doing. So far I'm just doing the tutorial missions (and probably will be all I'll do tonight).

I chose Lunastasia as my starter (simply because I liked her) and bought Ragna Barrett with UC during the tutorial missions. I also got Loretta from the Girl's Garapon using a ticket Rei/Zero Saber Girl gave me. I have no idea if any of these decisions were good or not.

Basically, are any of the three starters any good or do they just get outclassed later on?

Is the UC Ragna Barret a good purchase or should I have just gotten Fiona or Crim or something else?

Is Loretta any good at all? For that matter, are any of the girls in the Girls' Garapon worth using outside of the rookie league? Should I spend the tickets I get rolling for more of them?

Something that has me confused is also the playstyle for these bots. Lunastasia seems straightforward enough, single-hit melee, but Loretta looks like an alpha art, and I know Ragna is from my time in CB, but neither of them have any carts resembling moving burst (not even A rank Loretta). Are alpha arts meant to remain stationary and act as turrets, or is Moving Burst a cart I have to unlock as I play the game or something?

I got zero knowledge about this game, wasn't even planning on trying it out but I figure, why the heck not... anyway, any guidance, advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: So, a couple questions!   So, a couple questions! EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 8:32 am

-Lunastasia
Everyone says she's the "best" starter but truthfully at this point in CLen all 3 of them are pretty nice in their own gimmicky ways. Luna's the best at dealing nice damage (You'll deal consistent 70s to 80s at level 31 rank S) and she's the easiest to use and learn to control compared to the other two. End-game, all 3 will struggle in the modern arena but Lunastasia will still hold her own the best out of the three.

- UC Ragna Barrett
He is capped to level 20 rank B. He will not be as useful as almost any other bot you get unless you get the garapon exclusive version of Ragna Barrett, but if you still insist on using him, at least replace his arms because they don't recharge ammo and make your cost higher for being sub-par weapons.

- Loretta
At one point in time she was a pretty nice buster. I think they nerfed her a month or two after release though, but I'm not entirely sure. She has absolutely no self-defense against anything that gets in her face, unlike Asuka and Rikka, so this is the main reason people don't use her often despite her rockets being pretty good (Although they still are easily dodgable if your target knows you're shooting at them). Overall, she's good for being a camping bot but overall sub-par these days.

Also, Loretta is not an alpha art. She is a one-trick poney art that runs and guns like every other art should in the game, unless under very specific circumstances. Alpha arts will never exist in Cosmic League the way they did in Cosmic Break. There is no (and probably never will be) Moving Burst cartridge to install for any bot.

- Finally you'll find that if you compare Cosmic League to Cosmic Break you're not going to enjoy the game. This is what a lot of people have done is treat it as literally CB2 with the same gameplay mechanics and get very disappointed and go back to CB1. Treat it as a different game entirely and get a new experience out of it, learn the different mechanics behind everything and what makes the game fun for you, if any.
Back to top Go down
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Paruru

PostSubject: Re: So, a couple questions!   So, a couple questions! EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 12:58 pm

I'm quickly realizing that the two games, although they share similar concepts, are quite different and I personally am enjoying the gameplay in CL more than I do in CB (though from the looks of it the game's even more dead than CB is these days..rip).

What would be a couple good options to get out of the Girl's Gara? I got myself a second retry ticket somehow and I'm curious what I should try to get. I thought about Rei but apparently you get her for free anyway? And I can't even spectate on the prime league for some reason so I don't know what kind of things people are using these days.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: So, a couple questions!   So, a couple questions! EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 3:56 am

Late reply because work's kicking my ass and I'm too tired to even look on the forums these last few days.

Yeah you get rei for free from Story Missions (or Key Missions whatever they're called). Asuka and Matoi are the easiest ones to go for, as again they require a small learning curve compared to others in the same gara. Other decent ones include: Allistia, Loretta, Clair Morte, and possibly Chihiro depending on how you play her.
Back to top Go down
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Paruru

PostSubject: Re: So, a couple questions!   So, a couple questions! EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 3:00 pm

It's fine, thanks for taking the time to reply and thank you for the information.

Considering how I'm already entering the prime league and I've fought about two other people in two out of almost 20 matches I don't think I'll be putting too much effort into it. It's a fun game, though, and I guess it is relaxing to face off against dumb AI for a change of pace.

Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: So, a couple questions!   So, a couple questions! EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 12:36 am

The dumb AI is still more threatening than anything CB1 has.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, a couple questions!   So, a couple questions! Empty

Back to top Go down

So, a couple questions!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break 2 :: Gameplay Questions/Discussions-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com