Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Few questions regarding weapon tunes...

Go down 
+3
WhiteTofuMagic
Kuzuha
Facepalmer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Facepalmer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Facepalmer

Few questions regarding weapon tunes... Empty
PostSubject: Few questions regarding weapon tunes...   Few questions regarding weapon tunes... EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 2:22 am

1. How will speed tunes interact with psygun?

2. Want to know if those alpha weapon tunes that reduces range will also reduce the lifespan of the bullet/projectile itself or not, in other words, affect and reduce the intended travel range or not.
Because i sure hope it is just the lockon range.

San kiew in advance for halp.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

Male Posts : 2441

PostSubject: Re: Few questions regarding weapon tunes...   Few questions regarding weapon tunes... EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 8:00 am

1) None. A psygun's speed will automatically adjust to the target's speed.

2) Yes, it will be reduced as well.
Back to top Go down
WhiteTofuMagic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 304

PostSubject: Re: Few questions regarding weapon tunes...   Few questions regarding weapon tunes... EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 9:28 am

i heard that speed tunes affect how soon psygun projectiles hit that auto correction point, at which point they adjust direction and match velocity to the locked on target.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

PostSubject: Re: Few questions regarding weapon tunes...   Few questions regarding weapon tunes... EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 2:51 pm

Well, I've tuned mine with speed but I really see no difference.
Back to top Go down
Facepalmer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Facepalmer

PostSubject: Re: Few questions regarding weapon tunes...   Few questions regarding weapon tunes... EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 1:34 pm

Kuzuha wrote:

Dayum, it was foolish of me to assume it was only the lockon range lol, i wonder if i need to fix my builds...

Two more questions...

Unrelated but...psygun is a mix of blast and bullet correct?

But if speed does nothing to the psygun, why do we have different speeds for different psygun weapon? I think some is as low as a shitty 140 speed, but i don't have the bot to test it out lol.

WhiteTofuMagic wrote:
i heard that speed tunes affect how soon psygun projectiles hit that auto correction point, at which point they adjust direction and match velocity to the locked on target.

Hm...that sounded like it will still not hit any often unless the target suddenly decided to turn or change direction some shit, and hmm, how true do you think this is though??
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

Male Posts : 4840

PostSubject: Re: Few questions regarding weapon tunes...   Few questions regarding weapon tunes... EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 2:06 pm

Facepalmer wrote:
Kuzuha wrote:

Dayum, it was foolish of me to assume it was only the lockon range lol, i wonder if i need to fix my builds...

Most missiles and psygun type weapons will follow the range of the leading weapon in alpha tho, so, in this case
you just need range on the leading weapon, allowing you to drop range on the other weapons...

rapid alpha tunes are nice in this kind of setup
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Few questions regarding weapon tunes...   Few questions regarding weapon tunes... EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 2:15 pm

Maelstrom wrote:
Facepalmer wrote:
Kuzuha wrote:

Most missiles and psygun type weapons will follow the range of the leading weapon in alpha tho, so, in this case
you just need range on the leading weapon, allowing you to drop range on the other weapons...

rapid alpha tunes are nice in this kind of setup

Only during the lock-on delay, after that the range might be reduced, to make use of that you need to do quick bursts before the game consolidates the alpha range.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Few questions regarding weapon tunes...   Few questions regarding weapon tunes... EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 3:04 pm

Maelstrom wrote:
Stop. All weapons do this, not just missiles and psyguns. You can't just dunk range on everything else in an alpha setup because of this fact. You're forgetting about the travel range of these projectiles. Psyguns seem to go on forever, so it's fine for them, but what about everything else? It comes down to whether a weapon has very far travel range or not.
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

Male Posts : 4840

PostSubject: Re: Few questions regarding weapon tunes...   Few questions regarding weapon tunes... EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 6:17 pm

Well, when I asked, nobody said the oposite, when I tried it worked fine and I remember
that I tested it with a few shitty weapons because I read something about on Sanznigga's
guide, so I just assumed that it was right. Sorry if I am spreading wrong information...
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

PostSubject: Re: Few questions regarding weapon tunes...   Few questions regarding weapon tunes... EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 6:35 am

@Dayum

1) Pysguns come in different variations. Beam, shell and blast. Some examples are :Valiant Axeler uses beam, Asphe uses blast, Psycho Formula uses shell.

2) I don't have concrete evidence why some of the psyguns' speeds are different. All I know is that C.S. was trying hard to balance things before. Also, there is the possibility that the speed on psyguns remain constant and will automatically adjust once it detects a target (though that's just me). I've tried tuning speed on other psyguns and I really see no difference.
Back to top Go down
Esequienes?
Genuine Drunk
Genuine Drunk

PostSubject: Re: Few questions regarding weapon tunes...   Few questions regarding weapon tunes... EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 10:55 am

i got a question how much force does a weapon has to have so it can damage yourself 1 hp when shooting in the ground?
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Few questions regarding weapon tunes...   Few questions regarding weapon tunes... EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 12:34 pm

Kuzuha wrote:
@Dayum

1) Pysguns come in different variations. Beam, shell and blast. Some examples are :Valiant Axeler uses beam, Asphe uses blast, Psycho Formula uses shell.

2) I don't have concrete evidence why some of the psyguns' speeds are different. All I know is that C.S. was trying hard to balance things before. Also, there is the possibility that the speed on psyguns remain constant and will automatically adjust once it detects a target (though that's just me). I've tried tuning speed on other psyguns and I really see no difference.

It's possible that some psyguns derp more than others, and some end up having issues due to their redirection. ALE Lily used to (as in, I haven't tried her again in a million years) fail to adjust the speed of her psygun with the target's speed, so her psygun would just take years until they redirect (her redirection is supposed to happen close to the target as it splits) and when they did it was too late.
Original Lily Eve redirects her psygun on her back, she fires it backwards and then redirects forwards, while it wasn't that bad back in the day, it really fast shows signs of it's age as it's rather useless this days, and even to farm trees it's suffering, too close you might even miss the tree (barrels and the like, most certainly will), too far it will take too long for the projectile to reach the tree as their non modified speed is super slow, so if you want to farm trees faster with her psygun, it's just better to put your back against the tree. Theta not only has psyguns with better stats, she fires hers forward which is a massive improvement, sadly, and unlike what CS thought, making a Lily Eve with better psygun and worse cannon isn't a good idea (I understand why they did it, it's just that even on paper it doesn't work, only in the blackboard without any papercraft).

Some psyguns, like Asphe's (I think that one air does that too?), have higher non modified speeds (she has the more recent 220 speed, but hers seems to be a little faster than that), while traditional psyguns are super slow, so if the game happens to fail to adjust the speed, the traditional psyguns will be impacted negatively a lot harder.

The speed stat itself... It's hard to say what it really means, as psyguns at full speed seem to go a lot faster than the speed stat, but at their lowest speed... Some seem to kinda of match the speed stat, though it might even be slower than that. It's hard to say without a good way to measure. Unless you know exactly where 140/280 range is, you can't measure if it's following the 140 speed stat (speed is range per second, 140 speed for example is 140 range per second).
Back to top Go down
Facepalmer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Facepalmer

PostSubject: Re: Few questions regarding weapon tunes...   Few questions regarding weapon tunes... EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 1:04 pm

Kuzuha wrote:
@Dayum
Lol xD

Kuzuha wrote:

I see..a little out of the topic but, what about the ones berz and pepen grill use?

And...about the speed, i guess i will not bother with any speed tunes then. But i am just curious, what weapon and to what speed you tuned it last time?

@Cait
San kiew for sharing thy insight and experience with them, but i guess it will take too long to solve the mystery lol, i was just kind of annoyed because it always seems to be tracking the target super well and super close but never seem to hit them ( on 38 fly airs )
Don't think this thing is gitgudable so i might just change the weapon..
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Few questions regarding weapon tunes...   Few questions regarding weapon tunes... EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 1:31 pm

Maelstrom wrote:
Well, when I asked, nobody said the oposite, when I tried it worked fine and I remember
that I tested it with a few shitty weapons because I read something about on Sanznigga's
guide, so I just assumed that it was right. Sorry if I am spreading wrong information...

it depends entirely on what weapons you are using. Some do not have huge travel ranges and others do. You may have tested it with weapons that happened to have large travel distances and it worked. if you do -range on a weapon with 300 lockon range and 500 travel range, you won't notice the travel range loss. If you do it on a weapon with 250 lockon range and 300 travel range, you will notice that you will not be hitting at 300 range if you are overranging to that distance.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

PostSubject: Re: Few questions regarding weapon tunes...   Few questions regarding weapon tunes... EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 8:38 pm

Facepalmer wrote:
Kuzuha wrote:
@Dayum
Lol xD

Oh god... I don't drink but wtf... XD
Back to top Go down
Facepalmer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Facepalmer

PostSubject: Re: Few questions regarding weapon tunes...   Few questions regarding weapon tunes... EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 6:39 pm

Kuzuha wrote:
Facepalmer wrote:
Kuzuha wrote:
@Dayum
Lol xD

Oh god... I don't drink but wtf... XD

Iz oke i liek how it happened #em0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Few questions regarding weapon tunes...   Few questions regarding weapon tunes... Empty

Back to top Go down

Few questions regarding weapon tunes...
Page 1 of 1