Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So about Cosmic league

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dexter1996
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 2

So about Cosmic league Empty
PostSubject: So about Cosmic league   So about Cosmic league EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 12:10 pm

I just heard of this game and thought about downloading it but the oficial website gives me an "Access denied".

After a bit of snooping around on the interwebs I found out that the majority of the world cannot play this game without a VPN.

My question is: why advertise this game to the whole world and then restrict it to a few selected regions?

Has a CL official adressed this issue, and if so where?
Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Other / Decline to state Posts : 606

PostSubject: Re: So about Cosmic league   So about Cosmic league EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 12:43 pm

You can play the came without an vpn, but the download link and the updates need one, just get one to download and update the launcher, then when you're playing, shut it down.
Back to top Go down
Dexter1996
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: So about Cosmic league   So about Cosmic league EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 12:55 pm

necrodrakath wrote:
You can play the came without an vpn, but the download link and the updates need one, just get one to download and update the launcher, then when you're playing, shut it down.

Any idea why that is? Did the devs address this in some way?
It seems a little ridiculous to have a requirement like that to download the game.

Not to mention I don't even know how to setup a VPN.
Back to top Go down
Meseki
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: So about Cosmic league   So about Cosmic league EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 1:07 pm

I believe they are intentionally trying to block those that have their own version or are scheduled to get their own version (Europe?), they're just not being thorough.
Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Other / Decline to state Posts : 606

PostSubject: Re: So about Cosmic league   So about Cosmic league EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 1:25 pm

Dexter1996 wrote:
necrodrakath wrote:

Any idea why that is? Did the devs address this in some way?
It seems a little ridiculous to have a requirement like that to download the game.

Not to mention I don't even know how to setup a VPN.

try using tunnelbear, is free and easy to configure
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So about Cosmic league   So about Cosmic league EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 5:02 pm

Dexter1996 wrote:
I just heard of this game and thought about downloading it but the oficial website gives me an "Access denied".

After a bit of snooping around on the interwebs I found out that the majority of the world cannot play this game without a VPN.

My question is: why advertise this game to the whole world and then restrict it to a few selected regions?

Has a CL official adressed this issue, and if so where?

That was not really their idea, the point was to have multiple Cosmic Break 2 (Cosmic League) servers, one in each region of the world, just that Cosmic League allows people to log in from countries that does not have their own Cosmic Break 2 server near them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So about Cosmic league   So about Cosmic league Empty

Back to top Go down

So about Cosmic league
Page 1 of 1