Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Male Posts : 593

Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 4:16 pm

I would like you to share the opinions and criticisms you have on the game at this time.
I willl create an email signed as the fanforum community, and I will send it to them, I'm sure we will have their attention because by now they don't have many players and they know us well.

I know is not possible to fix every problem at once
But they will take the problems we noticed into account before it is too late and they do much damage so they do not repeat what happened earlier in cosmic break

In my opinion Cosmic League still has a future because it is at launch

The game has potential, and they improved a lot of problems that his predecessor had, but is still is being abandoned very quickly

So far i have.

Ip Block

This is simply to limit the population that will go into the game without a good reason, I recently read that they plan to do multiple servers in multiple languages ​​what I consider a bad idea for the experience they already have in cb1, where there were less than 200 players, they should concentrate all their efforts on the servers we already have as they are on low population and are moving gradually away because of the flaws that the game has, they advertised Cosmic League the kickstarter as a game without boundaries, and players have no problem to play with people from various parts of the world.
If you want to reduce the lag, they could make the rooms that are already made in cb, rooms with limited ping.

The Matchmaking

I think there is no need for random matchmaking, it is a system that is often used in consoles games because it is necessary, but this is PC. The set of rooms that had Cosmic Break was perfect where you had all the information of the players who occupied it, and the and map that will be played. But in this system it is random and is very uncomfortable you could have random map which can sometimes get repeated 3 times. Prime Zero seemed like a great idea, but had to do it with fewer players, there was no reason to enter there is different from epoch where Union had to enter to get a prize.

NPCs (bots)

Bots are a problem that takes away a lot of fun, in a game that is focused on pvp, you cant let the npc, with very low intelligence interfere in the battles, this destroys any strategy and plan that players had because the npc only have a plan that is suicide, players also abuse this, as they will simply start killing all the npc they can which is very easy and so end up with all the bp of the opposing team without having to touch another player, what is the point? this is a pvp PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER. I as a player prefer to wait longer for a fight than fighting against a dumb npc.

Blocked parts

Here we see a big problem that destroys the customization in the game, literally they blocked all robot that has a special part, parts that have some use, as for some reason decided to do that most parts now do not have any stats.
Now this entirely kills the point of swapping parts of robots, because most bots have their useful parts only limited to them, and their another parts that do no have any weapon, are worthless, they wont change anything besides looks.

Last edited by necrodrakath on Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:41 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : fixed sum trash english)
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2970

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 6:14 pm

1. actually try to fix stuff. voice commands, bgm upon opening up client, etc
2. revert the 120 endurance points back to originally it was, cuz it prevents me from exhausting bots
3. ping limit, cuz ppl are warping everywhere. ipblock wont help much regardless, so this is a nice alternative

I might add some more, iunno. we'll see
Back to top Go down
Zane Hitsurugi
Zane Hitsurugi

Male Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 7:40 am

Maybe a consistent content release from the Garapon to the shop? Make the garapon a roll to get shit early instead of having to roll it and wait a million months later to try to get something again.
Back to top Go down
mdragonminh
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 12:04 pm

I would LOVE to see those NPC gone forever, but with this population this will certainly not happen. Hell even in the JP server they still have NPC
Ragna need to be nerfed, i think nerfing the stun and a little damage of his core weapon would be the best. His gap closer is really bad for an assault and I don't think people will keep playing him if we put out his Core main weapon and force him to be played melee. But indeed his core weapon is too strong
Loretta main weapon also have the same bullshit damage, please nerf aswell
Endurance i dont think it's a problem. It forces hardcore players to play different units while casual player doesnt even need to care about it, at the same time it give you shit for doing nothing
They would need to have some method to counter troller who feed intentionally, toxic player that ruining the fun for everyone and AFKer. Any other MOBA has a system to prevent that
Back to top Go down
Obi-Wan-Kenobi
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Obi-Wan-Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 4:29 pm

You guys actually believe that C.$. will listen to EN community?

@Sakura1 wrote:
wtf are you new?
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Very Kek
Very Kek

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 4:38 pm

@Stickboy wrote:
2. revert the 120 endurance points back to originally it was, cuz it prevents me from exhausting bots
3. ping limit, cuz ppl are warping everywhere. ipblock wont help much regardless, so this is a nice alternative

EN doesn't actually have an IP block in the game, all they IP block is the client and updates DL.

And yes, it still should have a ping limit because even in a small region, someone with a terrible connection or with a VPN will just ruin the experience for all.
Back to top Go down
Obi-Wan-Kenobi
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Obi-Wan-Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 4:48 pm

@God is a Cat Girl wrote:
@Stickboy wrote:

EN doesn't actually have an IP block in the game, all they IP block is the client and updates DL.

And yes, it still should have a ping limit because even in a small region, someone with a terrible connection or with a VPN will just ruin the experience for all.

Inb4 people fron US starts to download stuff or use torrents
Back to top Go down
JinNJuice
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JinNJuice

Male Posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 5:36 pm

As if they don't already?
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Very Kek
Very Kek

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 4:03 pm

Matchmaking isn't that bad. You can see good PvP games, even games where strategy actually matters, have matchmaking that gives no info, and that's not a bad thing.

In CB people exploit the access to info to gimp the battle results, where a good matchmaking doesn't need to offer info, it simply weights players and other factors like types, tiers, etc, to make the matches more fair, though it can't weight stupidity.
Actually, CB doesn't even have matchmaking, and the closest thing is F12.
People shouldn't have access to who's playing in each room, rooms have no need to actually exist as they can be created as needed (rather than a wasteland in CB), people shouldn't be allowed to choose teams.
If teams are to exist, the game then should add support for that. (Clan fight is an example, other modes could exist, but the more players a game requires, the harder it is so implement teams as a feature.)
People usually use the excuse "I want to play with friends", but if they really wanted that, they would use another dead game mode that no one uses besides to show their e-peen. In the end all they do is "I go with people I actually know or I know they are good, because it will break the balance of the match and lead to easier wins".
Blind matchmaking is fine, the lack of systems and direction is what makes it meh. Also, CL as it is requires no strategy because the goals are badly implemented and the closest thing is counter picking some player. Also, doesn't the game allow you to pick which bot you start the match with before the match starts while it shows who's playing and which map? (Joining mid match doesn't count because that is only a feature in a dead game.)
Yet another half step in a good direction, but the overall lack of direction does make it crappy.

Bots aren't a problem if done right. Games like this aren't meant to have 2vs2, 3vs3, even 10vs10 feels... not that good, considering the game has 6 different types (which doesn't matter anything because the game has no proper place for that amount of types). Bots are a problem if they are always there, even when there's enough players to fill a room (maybe there isn't). Bots should only be added when a room lacks players and players have been waiting for too long, that's to keep the game with the amount of enemies and allies that it's designed to be (CL with less than 10vs10 would feel like crap, just like CB with less than 7~10VS7~10 feels like crap, client issues aside, though in CB's case, a broken meta makes it seem okay, but that's because the game lost direction at some point, and the gap between types was lost besides for the damage part).
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 5:13 pm

Ip Block

I am not sure about this thing, but one thing for sure, separating the already low population due to bad reputation of game before they even start on the EN version is a bad move. I am sure they can see how hollow their JP server is currently.

The Matchmaking

@God is a Cat Girl wrote:

If teams are to exist, the game then should add support for that. (Clan fight is an example, other modes could exist, but the more players a game requires, the harder it is so implement teams as a feature.)
People usually use the excuse "I want to play with friends", but if they really wanted that, they would use another dead game mode that no one uses besides to show their e-peen. In the end all they do is "I go with people I actually know or I know they are good, because it will break the balance of the match and lead to easier wins".
All of this. A pvp game should start out blind. You shouldn't even be allow to see anybody else until the match actually starts, either this or make it such that you can see but you can't change anything or leave the room until match starts.(alt+f4 ensues) Also, remove that room hopping function! (joining an already in progress game).

NPCs (bots)

Should just remove the bots completely. So score farmers actually have to go out there and actually do some contribution. Especially bad when there's certain cart that give powerful permanent buffs for achieving 2 or 4 kills.

Blocked parts
@necrodrakath wrote:

Here we see a big problem that destroys the customization in the game, literally they blocked all robot that has a special part, parts that have some use, as for some reason decided to do that most parts now do not have any stats.
Now this entirely kills the point of swapping parts of robots, because most bots have their useful parts only limited to them, and their another parts that do no have any weapon, are worthless, they wont change anything besides looks.

The customization is still there, just not as much due to a valid reason. Or else it will just turned into another "counter powerful with powerful, roll more gara" black history.

You guys complain about Ragna so much right? Think of it this way, a ragna with axion's am and the am is holding Rei's sword (hey it's still an assault composition, I haven't put other class's parts or weapons in), not enough? Now here goes another one.

I have a "bugged" bugsy during the close beta phase where it's allow to equip anything (before they swift maintenance and fixed it 30 minutes later and yep as expected, as long as you don't unequip anything the bug stays equipped). So what I do is, equipping luna's sword on it with a middle bazooka (no large in beta, and in beta, this is the strongest range weapon).
So Result? It can shield bullet while shitting out heavy range damage in a shoot out, can melee like panzer (INCLUDING the crimson crusader effect from 1st hit of melee) and, in beta it shits out slow bombs that scorpton/tarantulic has as shift instead of long range field.
I can melee stuff and sent them flying while before they are able to recover, drop the slow bombs on them.
Now if you were them what would you do? You can't win in range, you get countered and slowed from trying to melee.(I still got the am shield on it btw, not just the bs shield. So either way I get a wide access of weapons to blow stuff away). You wanna face such shit in battle? A.k.a "IT'S STILL MY TURN AND ALWAYS MY TURN!" scenario?
Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team U15ejK8

They purposely make it in such a way that if you want certain function or weapons of the bot, you have to use that bot and that bot won't get to access to another bot's function so to balance it out. (The balancing is questionable though). Though there will have some underdogs like this but they can at least still compete rather then becoming "spare parts" for a "All in one" build.

That's also the reason why class type exist due to this. Each type has their own roles to fill. Yes you counterpick each other. The counter triangle that CB1 already messed up and failed to form is in CB2 now. No matter which bot you use there's always a hard counter for it, yes even for the very hated ragna (hint, fight or flight, or a certain butterfly theme bot).

In summary, this is not CB1, get that logic and concept out of your mind, or just drop the game completely and go back to CB1. If anybody can't accept this, just admit that you are just another person whom wants a instant "I win" bot/weapon instead of trying to adapt.
This may sound harsh but it's facts.

Last edited by Priskern on Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 5:38 pm

the only problem i have with matchmaking is that it would repeatedly put in me 1v1 or 2v2 rooms with tons of npc which is boring as shit. Lobby system with names hidden would work just as well for preventing counterpicking or stacking but still allow people to avoid matches with more than 50% of them NPCs. Especially with the various leagues, you should be actually able to look at master league, see a room waiting to start with 3 people, then fuck off to prime league and get in a room with 9 people in it.

That's my only problem with matchmaking.

also
>all the foreigners asking for removal of region lock
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Very Kek
Very Kek

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 6:07 pm

I have no problem with the X type counters Y type, because it fits the way CS makes the game. The game supports types countering types or types with a weakness. Most games have the types going in circles and countering each others, even without the weakness part, because of how they are meant to have a role.

A problem in CB1 is how roles lost all their meaning later. Arts for example would be long range units, or at the very least hard hitting, nowadays, many airs easily do that. An issue that both games have is how roles are kinda of useless without a proper goal, and PS and towers aren't that good of a goal.
Rouche in CB1 is a good example. In a goal based game, Rouche would be broken, because her weakness would easily get fucked if teams actually worked together (without a reason barely anyone does) and her other weakness is a bot, not a type, which is something that shouldn't happen, but in CB1, Rouche is only useful in a functional team, and even then it either requires the enemy to be retards or if the Rouche and her team spawn camp the enemy, because if you move in the map, you can make the barrier useless and force her to either be useless or spend ammo faster (aside of small maps), so her reason to exist is rather minimal, it can be good, but barely has a role besides trying to protect her team in a team fight without a good objective, so you might as well bring something else and kill people instead and feel like you are doing something.

And like I said up there, when counter picking goes beyond the types and starts to be counter picking units, that's when the game is getting broken because that shouldn't happen. Units in a type should have a role, which either is related to the goal or related with a different type or specific advantage, and units should never be meant to counter a specific entity, because that kills the whole purpose of types and variety, and the game ends up being unit VS unit.
An unit in a certain type, should have the same weakness and strengths as every other unit in the same type but while still offering something new/different/unique to them, but that doesn't go against the type that they belong to.

About the IP block... I dunno about the laws it involves, but rather than 2 ghost town servers, 2 different versions, maybe they could just have US and EU servers as the same version, but have servers in both continents, and have the matchmaking put players in the server with the lowest ping when it creates matches, then have a global server for the lobbies and perhaps for PvE and player created matches. They already have to get multiple servers anyway, so it would be pretty much the same. At least the lobbies wouldn't get to be as empty, so it would give a fake impression of having a decent population, which isn't as bad as opening a game and see empty lobbies.
Back to top Go down
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]
Admin

Male Posts : 344

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 6:32 pm

I don't feel like making a huge post right now, all i want to say is grouping is useless at the moment. Let us actually play with our friends? i mean sure split if the group is big but if i am just going in 2 player group, i think i should be able to play with my friend on same team.

Today i've played maybe 10 or 15 games with my friend, we have not been on same team in any of those, so whats the point in grouping up for arena in the first place? I know this was done to prevent imbalanced teams/onesided matches but again if its just a very small group then i think it shouldn't split (especially not for 15 games in a row).
Back to top Go down
https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com
cheongzewei
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
cheongzewei

Male Posts : 220

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 1:26 am

If you want me to keep playing your game, NA. GIVE ME DAILY MINI GACHA TICKETS LIKE BRAZIL
Back to top Go down
Epsii
Epsii

Male Posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 1:40 am

@cheongzewei wrote:
...GIVE ME DAILY MINI GACHA TICKETS LIKE BRAZIL

....Wha-??

Can you go into detail about this? This sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://Twitch.tv/ProjectHive
NEXT
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NEXT

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 1:52 am

@Epsii wrote:
@cheongzewei wrote:
...GIVE ME DAILY MINI GACHA TICKETS LIKE BRAZIL

....Wha-??

Can you go into detail about this? This sounds awesome!
Every time the server clock resets towards the next day, a ticket towards a garapon roll is sent to your present box. Collect five of these tickets for one roll at the garapon.

(Side effects include nausea, huehuehue'ing, brain hemorrhage, hypotaxia, mass organ rupturing, deafness in one ear, tinnitus; Subject to sales tax; 0% APR Finnance subject to local laws and taxation, may contain peanuts, soy, or dairy products; sweepstakes ends 21-21-Stardate 20.62)
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7874

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 1:58 am

You're Epsii you should have already known about that. Alongside the normal login prize the BR server also gets a single gara ticket.
Back to top Go down
lReisenl
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
lReisenl

Male Posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 2:04 am

It feels like matchmaking takes away a lot from the social aspect of the game(not necessarily a bad thing).
Think I would have preferred a lobby system, but with constant shuffles and no entering midgame.

Lag wise I think just applying something like what CB1 did with low latency rooms should make it fine, except apply it on all rooms.

As for bots, I think they're okay in smaller rooms, but any room at 5v5 or bigger than it shouldn't have bots or just make it a 5v5 minimum to start and get rid of all bots.
Back to top Go down
Skulkraken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skulkraken

Male Posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 3:23 am

If laggers were able to pressure Cyberstep into removing anti-lag measures from CB (the low latency room is worthless since no one ever uses it), then they're going to be just as able to get their way in CL. Which sucks. Badly.
Back to top Go down
Frizz
Master Poster
Master Poster
Frizz

Male Posts : 2021

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 8:51 am

Talking about the 2~3 mini tickets from daily mission?
Back to top Go down
Epsii
Epsii

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 9:41 am

@NEXT wrote:

... Every time the server clock resets towards the next day, a ticket towards a garapon roll is sent to your present box. ...

That's pretty awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

@Astral_Dono wrote:
You're Epsii you should have already known about that...

I wish I did, but sadly I never tried playing on the Brazil Server. I kind of wish I did now, knowing that they were doing this kind of thing. But then again, CyberStep is trying to go in new/different directions with all their servers. (Content distribution wise)

(Why doesn't CL(EN) have this though...?)
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 9:49 am

@Epsii wrote:
@NEXT wrote:

... Every time the server clock resets towards the next day, a ticket towards a garapon roll is sent to your present box. ...

That's pretty awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

@Astral_Dono wrote:
You're Epsii you should have already known about that...

I wish I did, but sadly I never tried playing on the Brazil Server. I kind of wish I did now, knowing that they were doing this kind of thing. But then again, CyberStep is trying to go in new/different directions with all their servers. (Content distribution wise)

(Why doesn't CL(EN) have this though...?)

JP server, their base server has the least benefits of all .-. So yea .-.
Back to top Go down
Skulkraken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skulkraken

Male Posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 9:58 am

They *are* giving out garapon tickets in the EN version. They're packed in with some other items in the present box. I think they might be a weekend-only bonus, though.
Back to top Go down
Epsii
Epsii

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:48 pm

@Skulkraken wrote:
They *are* giving out garapon tickets in the EN version.  They're packed in with some other items in the present box.  I think they might be a weekend-only bonus, though.

Yeah but from the sound of it, CL(BR) is getting Tickets daily. (Consecutively.... Without fail.)

That's a lot different from what CL(EN) is getting....
Back to top Go down
Frizz
Master Poster
Master Poster
Frizz

Male Posts : 2021

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 6:08 pm

In CLBR you can get 2 gacha ticket per day in Daily mission.
1° random mission reward is UC.
2° random mission reward is UC and one gacha ticket.
3° random mission reward is UC and one gacha ticket.
4° 5 victorys in Prime or Deluxe reward is one Event Ticket.
Dunno about how daily missions works in CLEN.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team   Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions/critics to cosmic break 2 team
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break 2 :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com