Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

New to Cosmic League, need some help.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

New to Cosmic League, need some help. Empty
PostSubject: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 3:45 pm

Hi guys. I need some help starting. Cosmic League is a lot different from what I used to be used to with Cosmic Break. I've gotten a good start and have obtained some decent bots (including some Gara-roll ones, I was lucky not to get many Blue Balls in my free rolls). However, the power-up, customization, and level-up systems here are not what I'm used to, and I need some help.

I need to know some things, mainly some stuff regarding my current bots. I need to know things like what Cartridges to give them, what spheres to affix, what weapons to use etc. I'm afraid to install any cartridges right now, in fear that I might give mine the wrong one and end up deeply regretting it (like I did in my early days of CB, such as giving Proto-Power to an AIR Gunner, not knowing that STR was needed and not TEC). Changing parts doesn't seem to do much of anything to my robots now, though leveling them up seems to have more of an effect now though.

Also, I noticed that some of the robots I used to like in the old game now work a lot differently. Like Vector Eagle having some sort of Boost Enhancement ability, Maxis II having a power that reduces Railgun Charge Time, etc.

Here's a list of the current robots I own in Cosmic League.
-Chrotacs: Rank B - LVL14
-Vector Eagle: Rank B - LVL12
-Saggitary Maxis II: Rank B - LVL13
-Forcedriver: Rank B - LVL13
-Crimrose (Pink Hair): Rank B - LVL14
-Crimrose (Orange Hair): Rank C - LVL6
-Fiona (equipped with Audrit's Blue Hair that I got from a Cosmo Piece): Rank B - LVL12
-Zero Saber: Rank B - LVL14
-Victory 1: Rank B - LVL11
-King Megaton: Rank C - LVL3
-Cannon Baller: Rank C - LVL7
-Cannon Baller (yes I have two): Rank C - LVL1.

What weapons or parts should I give them? What cartridges should I install in them? What Spheres should I give them (Affix or not)? Anything else I should give them? Please help a new player.
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

Male Posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 7:28 pm

I'm not sure about recommended cart builds because CL gives you more options while CB restricted certain ones to a specific bot or type. Don't affix spheres unless you know you'll keep that on your bot and not plan to remove it in the near future. For weapons you need to keep in mind not only the grade, but also if it's one or two handed.

In terms of classes, here's what I understand about them (to the best of my knowledge):

Aerial = AIR + melee (though some might be viable as gunners, mid to short range, faster than fortresses)
Fortress = AIR + range (slower than aerials, keep distance and high altitude while dealing damage)
Assault = LND + range (run and gun, decent melee)
Panzer = LND + melee (close in and deal melee damage, though some guns are usable)
Buster = ART (shoot from range on the ground, good positioning helps)
Jammer = SUP (the only thing that makes them different from CB is no healing ability of any kind)

A guide by Winty that gives an idea on sphere tunes:
http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t15839-how-to-tune-ur-robets

Help and some ideas for a Crimrose build:
http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t15850-crimrose-build-gameplay-tips
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7874

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 12:47 am

Armored Entity wrote:
I'm afraid to install any cartridges right now, in fear that I might give mine the wrong one and end up deeply regretting it (like I did in my early days of CB, such as giving Proto-Power to an AIR Gunner, not knowing that STR was needed and not TEC).
If you install a cartridge you can freely equip and unequip it to your liking, or uninstall it from your robot completely for free without having to worry about junking or re-levelling your robot like in CB1. Cartridges are some of the safest yet most useful ways to gain abilities as well as a random chance at getting additional stats too (Such as more armor, main/sub weapon damage, running/flying speed, etc).

Armored Entity wrote:
Changing parts doesn't seem to do much of anything to my robots now, though leveling them up seems to have more of an effect now though.
Parts increase the size of the bot which will give it more/less armor depending on how big it is. The maximum armor bonus you can have from having a huge ass bot is 110.

Armored Entity wrote:
Here's a list of the current robots I own in Cosmic League.
-bot list

What weapons or parts should I give them? What cartridges should I install in them? What Spheres should I give them (Affix or not)? Anything else I should give them? Please help a new player.
1) Chrotacs
  • Run-and-gun unit.
  • Not meant for melee fighting other assaults/panzers
  • Equip carts that increase your running speed under certain conditions. Giving him either of the 3 S rank dash carts (Short Boost, Float Dash or Assault Step) will greatly benefit him, regardless of which it is you choose. Air Run, Wall Jump and Boost Run will be good too.

2) Vector Eagle
  • Hug the ceiling at all times.
  • Very vulnerable to Aerial and Assault units just like 95% of Fortresses are.
  • Shoot people who are hitting your allies or just shoot anyone you see. Either way.
  • Float Dash, Boost Fly(?) (A C rank cart that makes you move faster while you fly), and defensive carts that protect against melee units (ie: Stun Power: Thorns). Not really much else to give here.

3) Saggi Maxis II
  • Fatass buster that has a terrible core weapon (Poor damage and hard to land all of the shots)
  • If you INSIST on using him only use his core for emergency situations when you're out of ammo on handheld weapons. Also speaking of this it's a bad idea to alpha strike with him.
  • Give him a 2nd Shift action for defense against melee units that will probably easily kill you regardless.

I'm not very fond of this one, Saggi Maxis I is superior in just about every way.

4) Forcedriver
  • Treat him like Zero Saber.
  • That's really it.
  • Give him Boost Run, Assault Step, Wall Jump, carts that increase his walking speed under certain situations, and Air Loop/Accele Roll if you're feeling like you wanna fight Aerials and Fortresses. Adding Air Run to the list helps with this.

I didn't like Forcedriver that much myself, but I know a friend of mine who absolutely loves him. Ultimately up to you to decide whether or not he's useful to you.

5) Crimrose
  • Virtually useless until rank S.
  • Even then still kinda bad unless you play her very specifically.
  • Give her float dash, air loop, carts that decrease her boost consumption, the likes for an Aerial unit that needs to fight close range.
  • Also replacing her rapier wouldn't be a bad idea either.

6) Fiona
  • Marginally useful, but mostly just a nuisance until rank A.
  • She requires an odd assortment of carts to do well, which include Sway and cartridges that increase her firing interval under certain conditions.
  • If lucky she can go the entire game without dying if you know what you're doing and the enemy doesn't.

7) Zero Saber
  • The most versatile Assault type you will start out with  (But you have Chrotacs and he's a bit more versatile so)
  • Give him Boost Run, Assault Step, Air Run, Wall Jump and Air Loop/Accele Roll. Carts that give him increased speed under certain conditions help a lot.
  • Play him as an assassin because he's very flimsy and will be ganked fast if you're not careful with his shift action. Using his Shift action to kill Fortresses is good.

I used to have a friend that's amazing with Zero Saber so he could probably give you better advice on this than I could but I lost contact with him.

Cool Victory 1
  • Harassment unit.
  • Commonly used to alpha strike because of his shift action.
  • Dies easily to anything that knows how to dodge a bullet.
  • There's not much to do with carts. Maybe float dash and carts that increase firing speed? I dunno.
Not much to say on this one. I used him in the Cosmic Break 2 JP version but I quickly fell out of use for him.

9) King Megaton
  • Harassment unit.
  • Dies easily and has horrible stats for a panzer.
  • Shift action is fun but has poor damage.
  • Boost Run is pretty much the only cart that he can equip that will be useful on him.

10) Cannon Baller
  • Harassment Unit but can actually pose a good threat if no melees see him.
  • Shift action is very useful on him.
  • Spam his sub missiles whenever possible.
  • Air Run and Boost Run will be the only carts he can get that will be useful. You can probably also fit a Stun Power cart in there too maybe if you feel like it.

I'm pretty sure I covered the basics on all of these units but I'm sure others will chip in to correct any misguiding information.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 8:49 am

Well I'm in luck. I just got Saggi Maxis I! Gonna switch to him, I see that he is much more superior after trying him out.

The rest of these I find helpful. I just got a Beam Blade and equipped it to my Crim. Also gave Wall Jump to my Chrotacs (this ability is fun). I'll keep a lookout for the other cartridges I need too.
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 1:15 pm

About Crimrose:
- Do you mean replace her default blade (Crimson Edge) and use a rapier or better melee?
- She comes with Float Dash and Air Loop at grade C. Replace these with a higher grade version like A or S?
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 1:19 pm

Yes to both.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 11:42 pm

@NeWIZ wrote:
About Crimrose:
- Do you mean replace her default blade (Crimson Edge) and use a rapier or better melee?
- She comes with Float Dash and Air Loop at grade C. Replace these with a higher grade version like A or S?

Thanks for that. As stated before I am using Blitz Rapier Mod on her now.
I noticed that the game now has 2-Handed Weapons too, since she holds the Blitz Rapier with 2 hands and has to drop her Smart Beam Gun in order to use it.

Also, any advice with my newly obtained Saggi Maxis I (which is better). Should I do the same things you suggested for Maxis II, or something else?
Currently the guns I have on him are a Compact Gatling and a Rocket Launcher.

Last edited by Armored Entity on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 11:59 pm

No I have better things for him in terms of carts. The weapons are fine, probably replace the gatling with a bazooka of some sort.

Carts can include either Sway or Float Dash, carts that increase his firing speed/range, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 10:44 am

Okay, starting to get the hang of things. Now I have some more new robots. Just wanna know what would be best for them.
Kinda hard getting used to how most of them don't work the way they used to in CB1.

-Aquila MK2: Got this guy from my December Pieces. Well unfortunately in this game, his dual BS slots don't appear to do squat. However, his Long-Range Beam Gun is helpful. What weapons should I give him? Also, I'm aware that I should use Spheres on him that increase Boost Capacity and Fly.

-Amateus: Wow, he's got quite an upgrade. I like his Remote Solar Bomb attack, like launching an Airstrike on the unsuspecting enemy (fun to use on Towers). So far I only have a Compact Gatling on him. Dunno what else to use. Also kinda unhappy about how he doesn't have that Rapid Energy Shot attack from his Core like the old one had.

-Destructor: He's certainly gotten an improvement. He now has this sort of Missile Airstrike Attack which I find to be rather useful (almost as much as Amateus). So far, I replaced one of his arms with my Maxis II's right arm and put a Large Bazooka Mod on him (works really well so far).

-Sword Wing: This guy appears too weak. His HD doesn't even have a built-in weapon anymore. Quite a terrible Aerial if you ask me.

One more thing. Is there any Unlock Robots that I should be saving up for? I have been saving my money for Axion, but is Axion really worth it, or should I consider buying a different robot instead?
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 12:40 pm

Armored Entity wrote:
Okay, starting to get the hang of things. Now I have some more new robots. Just wanna know what would be best for them.
Kinda hard getting used to how most of them don't work the way they used to in CB1.

-Aquila MK2: Got this guy from my December Pieces. Well unfortunately in this game, his dual BS slots don't appear to do squat. However, his Long-Range Beam Gun is helpful. What weapons should I give him? Also, I'm aware that I should use Spheres on him that increase Boost Capacity and Fly.

-Amateus: Wow, he's got quite an upgrade. I like his Remote Solar Bomb attack, like launching an Airstrike on the unsuspecting enemy (fun to use on Towers). So far I only have a Compact Gatling on him. Dunno what else to use. Also kinda unhappy about how he doesn't have that Rapid Energy Shot attack from his Core like the old one had.

-Destructor: He's certainly gotten an improvement. He now has this sort of Missile Airstrike Attack which I find to be rather useful (almost as much as Amateus). So far, I replaced one of his arms with my Maxis II's right arm and put a Large Bazooka Mod on him (works really well so far).

-Sword Wing: This guy appears too weak. His HD doesn't even have a built-in weapon anymore. Quite a terrible Aerial if you ask me.

One more thing. Is there any Unlock Robots that I should be saving up for? I have been saving my money for Axion, but is Axion really worth it, or should I consider buying a different robot instead?
>Aquila
You can use his core weapon just fine alone. He doesn't REQUIRE other weapons but a secondary SDC would do okay. Make him as small as possible so he isn't easy to hit.

>Amateus
The gatling should be replaced with a large bazooka mod and a rocket launcher on the 2nd arm (What I do). This allows him to have a long range and short range attack that will allow him to chip off opponents from far away and the bazooka can be used for people who start getting in your face. Put Heavy Impact on him too if you haven't yet.

>Destructor
What you told me he seems fine thus far.

>Sword Wing
Why are you even using this thing lmao

>Unlock Shop
Axion's designed to shoot at Fortresses but that's really it. He can shoot at other things too if you want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 2:21 pm

@Astral_Dono wrote:
>Sword Wing
Why are you even using this thing lmao

I'm not really. I got him from the Golden Event Matches and I figured I'd just try him out just to see how CB2 has changed him (same place I got my Destructor and a few other bots from). Turns out, still practically useless.

@Astral_Dono wrote:
>Unlock Shop
Axion's designed to shoot at Fortresses but that's really it. He can shoot at other things too if you want.

Well Fortresses are quite bothersome (points to Audrit and Initone) so I suppose I'll keep saving. I am like halfway there so far.

Well is there any other UC Unlock Shop Robots you'd recommend? I was thinking of getting Blazed Baron, but I'm not sure yet. Don't wanna spend UC if I don't have to, and it's taking longer than I thought to get enough to buy Axion. Plus, many robots have changed a lot from their CB Counterparts, so I dunno if I should or not.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 11:20 pm

The two other starters if you haven't yet are obviously go-to's. You already have Destructor. Mikado Max and Ghost Raider are solid choices despite their rank caps. Sigma Clock is worth his UC price.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 12:26 am

Well I don't have many Panzers (currently King Megaton is my only one). I heard that Mikado Max (he used to be Katana Max), now has this like Chain Shot ability that pulls foes in so you can get them close enough to slash at.

I saw that if I get enough January Pieces, I can get this Upgrade for Ghost Raider too. I don't have much Aerials, but taking this into account, he might be good (my only Aerials currently are Crim and Sword Wing).

Sigma Clock? Well I don't have any Jammers at all as of now, but I never thought much of him in the old CB. How has he changed?

Still really considering getting Blazed Baron though.

Man, I wish I had Lancerlot here, and his awesome K-Shield (which I saw is still equippable to other robots of the same type).
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 1:07 am

Sigma Clock's debuff circle is bigger and lasts a longer time, and gives a more noticeable effect on opponents it effects.

Did I mention you can do normal jumps (not hops) with Lancer's shield now?
Back to top Go down
LazFlamme
God beaten up kekking
God beaten up kekking

Female Posts : 3091

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 10:38 am

@Astral_Dono wrote:
I'm not very fond of this one, Saggi Maxis I is superior in just about every way.

I know it's the wrong section, but how do I Saggi Maxis I? (carts aside, I can't use it properly gameplay-wise)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 10:47 am

Well, I just got another Panzer today, Hatigarm!

He certainly plays different from the old one. Should I give him different AMs or something? All I did so far was equip a second HD.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 11:04 am

You have many better options for guns. Gatlings are a solid choice for any panzer.

@LazFlamme wrote:
@Astral_Dono wrote:

I know it's the wrong section, but how do I Saggi Maxis I? (carts aside, I can't use it properly gameplay-wise)
Shoot at fortresses and things that aren't moving towards you. Equip a rocket launcher and bazooka weapon for options on weapons when your core runs out of ammo.

Last edited by Astral_Dono on Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 11:25 am

Well I've got a couple Gatlings already. Maybe I'll save my FP to get the Gigante Gatling though.

So Hatigarm in this one is better for gunning? Not Melee?
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 11:38 am

The melee is for self-defense against other melees and for escaping accidentally stepping into a wasp's nest.
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 8:52 pm

@Astral_Dono wrote:
Mikado Max and Ghost Raider are solid choices despite their rank caps. Sigma Clock is worth his UC price.

Do standard cartridge builds (those for aerials and panzers) still apply for Ghost Raider and Mikado Max respectively? Compared to other classes are there standard Jammer builds or are builds very specific to the bot?
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 10:53 pm

@NeWIZ wrote:
Do standard cartridge builds still apply
Yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 6:09 pm

New bots I just acquired! Two golds in a day, with only FreePoints! This is so awesome!

I now have Miia and Chibi Lunastasia. Also, finally managed to get Axion. I am so happy!

Miia is pretty neat, with her Grappling Hook thing, makes her better at fighting Aerials and Fortresses. I gave her Shift Action that gives her temporary Anti-Homing for help with that. Not much else though.

Chibi Luna I wanna keep, since she's my 1st Chibi. Though I should mention, her HP is terribly low.

Axion is pretty cool with his built-in gun (though not so much the sword), but his high jump I can see why it is suited for taking on Fortresses and Aerials.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 10:52 pm

- Mila is a great generic hit-and-run assault type designed to, as you thought, hit unsuspecting fortresses, aerials or busters, although Rei is generally better suited to hitting Fortresses due to her sword acting as a spear after her initial shift action. If you don't hold/spam the right mouse button you will see that holding a WASD key and timing your clicks will allow you to "sway" around your target while attacking in between animations.

- All chibis have characteristically low health because their hitbox is small too. You can fix this with Armor spheres if you really want, otherwise just build the chibi luna the same way you would the default one.

- Remove both of Axion's AMs if you don't want to have those terrible negative boost stats. His gun is okay but you have better handheld options such as sub machineguns or magnums. After tearing off his AMs he basically functions as a better-in-every-way Zero Saber (Still waiting on an A rank limit remover for him so we can all have S rank Zero Sabers).

Of these bots I only have an Axion and I built mine differently from how others have (So far all I've seen are either pure gunner Axions or just alpha Axions).

New to Cosmic League, need some help. PvsOvxs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 12:03 am

Thanks, I'll take all of this into account. That Axion Guide will be certainly helpful. I really am digging his Super Jump.

Also, I recently got my first Jammer, Bugsycait, from the Golden Tickets! I noticed that his BS shields seem more useful, and his arm attack actually is more effective now!
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 12:42 pm

His AM attack is to fling away assaults that think they can melee you without being punished. Panzers will still knock your face in due to their innate CC. BS is used when a buster wants to rain on your team's tower, or can be used offensively to secure a solid spot (Example: The snowy stage when the towers are on the left side of the map near that narrow crevice with the two trees fallen at the top of it) for your team to attack the enemy's tower with little punishment from the camping busters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to Cosmic League, need some help.   New to Cosmic League, need some help. Empty

Back to top Go down

New to Cosmic League, need some help.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break 2 :: Gameplay Questions/Discussions-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | Video games | Roleplay Games (MMORPG, WOW...) | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com