Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

Male Posts : 169

Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips?   Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 11:34 pm

I need some help regarding recommended cartridges, specific tune spheres and weapon possibilities for Crimrose. Because aerials operate somewhat differently from airs of CB, I'd like some gameplay tips to use her properly and more efficiently.

As of this post, my Crim is grade B using her default carts and a proto tune sphere from a key mission.

Last edited by NeWIZ on Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips?   Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 11:58 pm

for lower ranks, you'll want to replace her default shitty air loop with the cart that lets you do an aerial boost run thing. I always forget what it's called but it should be easy to find by the description, says uses boost gauge faster to move through the air faster. This lets you approach/retreat much faster. It can't really be used for combat since it kills your turning speed heavily, but you can chase with it and then stomp things that are running if you have to.

The stomp is REALLY strange and not always a good option. I generally only use it to kill, or if allies are near. It doesn't have tons of hitstun so often you will bounce someone upwards with the stomp and then they will use their own shift action or melee to hit you. Really bad against things like ragna since his shift action knocks you away, and assaults will often just outmelee you after the bounce. It's pretty decent against busters but only if the melee attack afterward actually goes towards them, a lot of times it just attacks the ground or another target for me. So yeah, don't rely on the stomp a lot.

I haven't actually used any heavy tuning spheres that reduce stats, because I'm not actually sure what I'm willing to sacrficing on an aerial. Likely the best option is to reduce boost recovery and just accept that if you fall, you should have already killed your target or you're going to die, since killing air time or speed in order to gain one of the other doesn't seem optimal, but it's important to remember that you can just take them off if you haven't bound them so just experiment with things.
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips?   Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 12:38 pm

Would replacing Crim's default sword with another gun be a viable gameplay style? I recall someone saying that panzers and/or assaults can outclass the melee of aerials.

Other advice that can help me improve in using Crim is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2970

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips?   Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 1:39 pm

panzer will always outclass any with melee. her ex beam machinegun is good, the stomp is pretty good at s rank to send enemies airborne, and can make her melee to use enhanced attack

though i'd ditch her handheld beamgun for a rush rapier for better melee
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster
Kuzuha

Male Posts : 2426

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips?   Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 1:52 pm

The stomp is good vs targets that don't have a shift ability to fly away or go to a higher ground (like Fiona and Mountainz).
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips?   Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 2:03 pm

S rank her is your main priority, unlike the other 2 starter, she only excel upon reaching rank S for that extra long boost gauge to make full use of her aerial capabilities.

Playing her is like playing those stealth assassin type melee in old CB. Where you sneak up on one and does damage and then back off, unlike panzer whom engage up front and straight. You need a lot of map awareness and patience when playing as her.

And yea, try to get the rush rapier and replace her default equipment immediately (other then her beam machine gun bit, of course if you can get the beam rifle bit from gara even better). Don't use other rapiers cause it won't have enhance attack from the post shift action combo.

As for carts, well I hardly play aerial much but you can try max armor stealth (gain stealth mode when taken less then 50hp damage), great pitcher (Yes.... your main range attack is those bombs, don't even think about using your guns to pit shootout against other types other then jammers maybe.), air loop (rank A and above, preferably rank S motion speed up version) to dodge missile spammers. And of course standard buffs like tower buffs, startup buffs, serial killer buffs or last stand series.
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips?   Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips? EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 6:36 pm

In terms of melee weapons, a duel rapier is the best I have for right now (unless I spend garapon tickets and some FP trying to get the rush rapier). My Crimrose is currently at grade A, but undecided about grade B and C carts to put/invest on her.

Since some say rush rapier is good for melee, is there a viable gun or is Crim meant to be an aerial melee type compared to other aerials in CL?
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips?   Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 12:27 am

her shift action is melee-focused as it provides enchanced melee afterwards. As I noted before, if you shift action on someone and don't melee them, they will often just hit you since they end up above you instead of below you, where you want them. A gun-based crimrose has a nearly useless shift action so it's kind of a waste of her core.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips?   Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips? Empty

Back to top Go down

Crimrose Build & Gameplay Tips?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break 2 :: Gameplay Questions/Discussions-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com