Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So how do I make this game run better

Go down 
+6
Meseki
Sakura1
Winty
necrodrakath
lReisenl
NeedCheeseCake
10 posters
AuthorMessage
NeedCheeseCake
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
NeedCheeseCake

So how do I make this game run better Empty
PostSubject: So how do I make this game run better   So how do I make this game run better EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 11:18 pm

You'd think by CB2 they'd solve the laggy issues with gameplay and horrible frames. But no, they made it worse (for me anyway). Does anybody know how to make the game run any better? I have every setting on low and it still runs like ass, the only time it runs perfectly is when I'm in my ship. How come I can run c21 effortlessly and cosmic break (almost effortless, and older games btw) but this game is extremely hard to play for me (if not, unplayable with the bad frames).
Back to top Go down
lReisenl
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
lReisenl

Male Posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: So how do I make this game run better   So how do I make this game run better EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 11:34 pm

Did you try dropping the resolution?
Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Other / Decline to state Posts : 606

PostSubject: Re: So how do I make this game run better   So how do I make this game run better EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 11:42 pm

c21 has more than 10 years in service and cosmic break uses the same engine, you cant compare them to cosmic league

you should post you system too
Back to top Go down
NeedCheeseCake
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
NeedCheeseCake

PostSubject: Re: So how do I make this game run better   So how do I make this game run better EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 12:25 am

lReisenl wrote:
Did you try dropping the resolution?

I did and it didn't help at all. Also I'm not posting my specs since I don't currently have the money to spend on upgrading parts, plus I'm temporarily (for afew more months maybe?) using a laptop.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: So how do I make this game run better   So how do I make this game run better EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 12:41 am

if you have it on lowest and it runs like shit there isn't much you can do aside from just turning off other programs(like skype etc)

not posting specs sounds like you already know your laptop is the problem here, so why are you blaming CS?

i have my settings on near max and I have no frame issues at all.
Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Other / Decline to state Posts : 606

PostSubject: Re: So how do I make this game run better   So how do I make this game run better EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 6:07 am

yeah i play it at near max too with an old dual core, so you should have a very old laptop
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: So how do I make this game run better   So how do I make this game run better EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 8:07 am

err, if you go to options in the display tab there should be settings which you can drop down like shadows/view/the graphics them self etc etc, and dropping the resolution should help, and on the login screen in the graphic setting you can just click detect and it should give you the settings which fits ur laptop, then again, you might have some frames lag, so just go to an empty channel too, ( 3-1 ) is normally empty. IF NOT GITGUD Lappy
Back to top Go down
Meseki
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: So how do I make this game run better   So how do I make this game run better EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 2:26 pm

This game's requirements are far higher than Cosmic Break's, even if the minimum requirements they state are far more than what is needed to play the game (with low settings).  
I can play Cosmic Break just fine (other than lag spikes) and yet on the lowest settings on Cosmic League, I have to be careful to not look in certain directions or at certain parts of some maps, because I'll lag too much to be able to fight effectively (and even when not experiencing such issues, I only get 20-25 FPS at best).
And then there's a few things on the outside of the dome of the lobby areas (which seem to move) that drop my FPS to 1 whenever I look in their direction.  Sometimes there isn't even a direction I can look in to prevent the lag.  I only have an NVIDIA GeForce 7200 GS, though; I'm surprised I can even play this on any settings at all.

However, the loading related lag spikes that were so common in Cosmic Break seem to be much less common on this game.
Back to top Go down
SneakHayabusa
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: So how do I make this game run better   So how do I make this game run better EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 2:55 pm

I'd say it's your computer either being old or you have intensive programs running in the background. My laptop runs fine with a GTX 660M(4yr old ASUS RoG laptop).
Back to top Go down
Skulkraken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skulkraken

Male Posts : 386

PostSubject: Re: So how do I make this game run better   So how do I make this game run better EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 7:05 pm

The CPU is the bottleneck, not the video card. It's because of the game still running in Java. The interpreter eats up a lot of processing time.

I feel your pain, man. I'm stuck using an old Celeron laptop for at least a few months, and it suffers from the same slowdowns that Meseki has been having. I'm surprised it runs at all, since this computer doesn't have any video card (and lacks space to add one) and is just running on integrated graphics.
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: So how do I make this game run better   So how do I make this game run better EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 7:29 pm

http://puu.sh/lPL6H.jpg turn down and turn off everything. it'll look bad, but the performance should work fine
Back to top Go down
Esequienes?
Genuine Drunk
Genuine Drunk

PostSubject: Re: So how do I make this game run better   So how do I make this game run better EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 10:52 pm

Good to know im not the only one playing CB2 in a shity PC here is mine

it runs CB2 but is barely playable
Back to top Go down
Skulkraken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skulkraken

Male Posts : 386

PostSubject: Re: So how do I make this game run better   So how do I make this game run better EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 3:37 am

Yep, that's a single-core CPU, alright. That kick at the end, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So how do I make this game run better   So how do I make this game run better Empty

Back to top Go down

So how do I make this game run better
Page 1 of 1