Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Asphe build (Kuzuha's)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster
Kuzuha

Male Posts : 2426

Asphe build (Kuzuha's) Empty
PostSubject: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 6:38 am

I'm only posting this because some people wanted to know my build on her and her gameplay (gameplay will be posted next time). I'm only an average player and have been using her a lot (Reason why I'm being asked). By all means this is only to give an idea but her gameplay and overall build is all up to you. I'm still not done tuning her and am thinking if I have to re-tune her since I've obtained new parts. Moving onwards:

Spoiler:

Default weapons

Weather Cube

Weapon that causes Boost Leakage when it hits a target. Requires manual aim.

It can stun airs, and has AoE damage. Can't be tuned, can't be alpha'd, can't be overranged.

Weather Cube@

Attachable weapon to the weathercube. This is a sub-weapon that causes boost leakage upon impact. Can't be tuned. Has weird tracking.

Using this attack will cause Asphe to move forward when she's flying (a very bad feature in today's meta). It's best to use this after hopping on a trampoline or when shortboosting.

Best used vs slow arts. I haven't been observing much on how I fair with this weapon. But it's decent vs hoppers.

Driver Cannon

A psygun (or semi-psygun) weapon that creates an angle when it tracks a target. Has small AoE on impact. Again, not a very reliable weapon when used solo. This weapon has 2 phases: Manual phase and psygun phase. Manual phase requires manual aiming (obviousy). The psygun phase activates after the projectile has turned an angle.

The best way to utilize this weapon from what I've learned so far is to alpha it with a weapon with good/superb tracking. At first, I thought that pairing a manual weapon would be enough as long as the lock-on assist is there. But for some odd reason, some shots will not track the target. Some of the psygun's shots will hit only though. Pairing it with a magnet gun was the best choice I could find. It's cost efficient, has lots of ammo, decent range for today's meta and good tracking.

Low force, blast only damage, weird tracking. It looks good only in appearance.

Trampoline

Her signature move. Quickly activates 2 trampolines she can hop on to. Can be used in the air.

I cannot imagine how much flaws this single move could have. CS didn't think this through and just slapped this feature on her.

1) Has an altitude limit - Don't expect to trampoline your way towards the sky. You have to go to a higher platform if you want to use it from above.

2) No invu frames - You still get damaged during the use of this skill.

3) Not all trampolines provide succesful hops - If you think spamming this skill will keep you in the air, think again. You'll realize that you slipped past a trampoline on the 3rd or 4th execution. Probably lag causes it? I'll have to compare it with someone else who uses her. Just be sure to keep your finger ready on that spacebar at all times.

4) Not recommended for dodging -Maybe in some scenarios. But don't depend on it much as you will still get hit.

5) Turnaround time for aiming when used - hopping left and right and backwards will give you a turn around time. This means that it'll take some time to aim at your target when you start shooting.

6) Consumes ammo - For a skill that doesn't damage or provide a lot of benefits, why not make this non-ammo based, CS?

You still have the option of using other good weapons and ditch her default ones. But I'd rather use those good weapons on a better core instead.

Pros of using Asphe

- Her psyguns can hit backwards if aimed right.
- She's fun to use.
- Has a cute voice when she says "Trampoline" (high pitched version).
- Fanservice skirt.
- She's cute. And a loli.

Cons of using Asphe

- Her weapons are bad:
  - Weather cube and Weather cube@ can't be tuned.
  - Boost leakage is a poor debuff that can only annoy but isn't much of a problem to deal with.
  - Drive cannon is bad when used at mid range.
 - Her Trampoline has too many flaws.
- Her voice doesn't fit her demeanor appearance.
- Not advisable for players who follow CB meta.
- Slow intro and change mode animation.
- Very, very fragile.

-------------------------
-------------------------
Jokes aside, there's nothing really good about her overall performance. The fun and challenge factor is what makes me use her. And it's fun dunking airs with her Weather cube:#em3:  She may be a bad unit, but there are units that are even worse than her.

I might post some of her gameplay if I have the time.

Any suggestions to improve her are welcomed.

Gameplay

Notice the aoe of her pysgun.

I chuckled when the deckshots went past over her head #em0
AIR STEP

So, I got a new Asphe and tried her as a wlk based art. Seems that it's harder to attack with that kind of build but I'm still experimenting.

Anyway, I took the cart Air Step. From a couple of experiments, Air Step is walk based to gain more distance. Now I did try it in the air and found some variations of how Air Step will work with Asphe. Try the steps below:

1) Air Step > Trampoline (done in the air) - After doing this press and 3 directional keys and tap one key simultaneously. She would start to "stutter" in the air. This makes her go down slowly and travel farther (but she would also look "laggy" in the air).  This would regen her boost gauge but there are times it will be locked. This gets cancelled once you boost normally and can only be done one time in the air unless you start over (on the ground). Not sure if it's bugged or there's a cooldown or something I'm doing wrong. I'm still observing.

2) Air Step > hold directional key used after Air Step > Tap Spacebar (don't hold)- This would result Asphe gliding in the air (consumes boost). The bonus of this is that it activates Long Moving burst even if you don't have one. It also gives her innate cv but doesn't show.

Long moving burst after air step Moving burst effect carried by Air step

So this has been discussed and tested by tggt. Thanks for the help Smile

This works with arts/airs that have the air step cart too.

3) Asphe with k nonna bs

This is quite an enteraining setup for Asphe. With some practice, you'd be able to make her go up way up in the sky. Do note that she can only hit the max sky limit depending on the map.

It's not the best way to kill airs but she can jump scare them with the k nonna bs since airs won't be expecting an art in air that high.

Pros :

- being high in the sky and hunting for high flying airs.
- Some attacks from ground units won't hit you.
- unless you're berz, many won't realize that you're way up high in the air.

Cons :

- you need weapons with longer range.
- manual aiming won't be a walk in the park.
- You consume trampoline ammo very fast (and refilling using ammo supply makes it even harder since you have to note a lot of things)
- Your mobility in the air is slow unless you start flying normally (this cancels out the ability to "stutter" in the air again as it can only be done once every time you launch from the ground).
> you also become target practice to all homing and fast projectile attacks.
- you have to wait for the k nonna bs to lock on first on your target
- You need air step for this to work as well

Lotsa cons on this one but the experience is fun.

So is this a bug? Or is this setup specifically tailored for her (somewhat like Illgryps using Paraglider's bs and Giganberg using Berylsid's LG2)?  Well, there are a lof of issues using it. So just use it wisely.

More Gameplay (WIP)

More to add later.

Last edited by Kuzuha on Wed May 18, 2016 6:45 pm; edited 18 times in total
Back to top Go down
dyshaun
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
dyshaun

Male Posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 7:55 pm

ur right about that i own most airs with her but she good for taking on 1hit melee bots that does over 100 damage to ur hp plus when people run in cave her gun can carve and get em plus aiming that rainbow cannon not easy to say the least always got to aim in direction they going to pop at just the right time to knock em out air

Deal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with it
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTK08N3JYwXISNOlpSPB6rA
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster
Kuzuha

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 9:02 pm

@dyshaun wrote:
ur right about that i own most airs with her but she good for taking on 1hit melee bots that does over 100 damage to ur hp plus when people run in cave her gun can carve and get em plus aiming that rainbow cannon not easy to say the least always got to aim in direction they going to pop at just the right time to knock em out air

Deal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with itDeal with it

It's unfortunate that airs in this meta can counter her hard. She was able to perform well when she was released but that slipped away after a few updates.

One issue is that her psygun is unable to stun hard on impact despite multiple attacks. Another is the low force. This is one reason why airs would still engage her if she's solo.
Back to top Go down
RaverX
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RaverX

Male Posts : 1047

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 9:13 pm

My build ~ no USB:

Does this seem workable at all? Added H shooter cause of extra cost when i wanted to add Speed to her (i like speedy guns for some reason) :3
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5575

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 9:22 pm

I think she should stun like how fatty Henrierre stuns
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster
Kuzuha

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 10:02 pm

@RaverX

I've tried that too and it wasn't too much help. The speed will only affect the manual phase of asphe's psygun. I'd rather go range so both phases will benefit.

@Sakura

She can stun. But with her Weather Cube@ only.

Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 10:08 pm

@Kuzuha wrote:
@RaverX

I've tried that too and it wasn't too much help. The speed will only affect the manual phase of asphe's psygun. I'd rather go range so both phases will benefit.

@Sakura

deathball tier?
Back to top Go down
Kamuri
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kamuri

Female Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 10:19 pm

Some additions:

Boost Drive
Is probably the best drive for Asphe
You will ran out of boost qickly without fall charge and eco boost.

Air Step
Not very easy to control, but since you're playing Asphe, you will have to deal with some larger issues.
It seems to be wlk based, not so sure about that.

Alpha Accel
Not sure what impact it has on her movement, still testing. You might want to take long moving burst instead. You really don't want to fall down with her.

Well that's it for my part, thanks Kuzuha for testing lagstep today!
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster
Kuzuha

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 10:41 pm

@Sakura1 wrote:
@Kuzuha wrote:
@RaverX

@Sakura

deathball tier?

Sadly, no. It doesn't even track.

@Kamuri

No prob. Still a lot of testing though :3

Fucking freezeframes. I'm not able to get a recording and it messes up my gameplay :v
Back to top Go down
dyshaun
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
dyshaun

Male Posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 9:40 am

only stun asphe has is the rainbow cannon sadly it if did had stun and more speed in gun still work but in exchange for force or speed accuracy and ammo decreased
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTK08N3JYwXISNOlpSPB6rA
Zukata
Angery
Angery

Male Posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 10:18 am

Asphe is Love, Asphe is Life ...
Back to top Go down
https://i.imgur.com/XB6FV.jpg
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster
Kuzuha

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 10:20 am

@dyshaun wrote:
only stun asphe has is the rainbow cannon sadly it if did had stun and more speed in gun still work but in exchange for force or speed accuracy and ammo decreased

Why all the decrease in stats for a stun effect? The present stats are already at their minimum. It's not even very damaging imo.
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 11:15 am

bc its not a deathball
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 12:54 pm

I don't really know why so many people are really bent on artillery needing stuns when most good gboost air builds are sitting on cv tunes anyway.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster
Kuzuha

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 4:06 pm

I think they want the deathball stun type.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster
Kuzuha

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 7:16 am

Updated thread about Air Step.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 7:41 am

@Kuzuha wrote:

3)  It seems I can use Air step in succession as if I were using Sway in the air (or maybe it was my imagination) Still figuring out if this is a bug or a feature only accessible through Asphe. I'm still experimenting on how to make this work.

If you mean multi step then Therese got this "bug" too and was fixed last week or so.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster
Kuzuha

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 7:51 am

@fggt wrote:
@Kuzuha wrote:

3)  It seems I can use Air step in succession as if I were using Sway in the air (or maybe it was my imagination) Still figuring out if this is a bug or a feature only accessible through Asphe. I'm still experimenting on how to make this work.

If you mean multi step then Therese got this "bug" too and was fixed last week or so.

I didn't know Therese has Air Step but if that's the case, thanks for clarifying.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster
Kuzuha

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 11:25 pm

Update gliding after air step actually gives her long moving burst and innate cv.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 12:41 am

@Kuzuha wrote:
Update gliding after air step actually gives her long moving burst and innate cv.

Are you sure that this is not a FEATURE?
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster
Kuzuha

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 6:24 am

@fggt wrote:
@Kuzuha wrote:

Are you sure that this is not a FEATURE?

She's the only art that has air step besides Kilica who's a land type. I've tested it by regretting the LMB core tune from her. And yes, this doesn't even require the MB cart. As for cv, I've been shot at a lot of times but she won't get stunned either.

I'll get a vid posted when I get back from work later.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 9:06 am

does it actually give her LMB or does it just carry momentum while you alpha
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster
Kuzuha

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 1:59 pm

@Winty wrote:
does it actually give her LMB or does it just carry momentum while you alpha

From my observation, the length of her LMB when she glides seems the same as the normal LMB when flying. The only thing that's different is that she doesn't drop after firing. That's a nice point to look at though.

I'm still at work and will be back home in about 4 more hours (ugh). I'll use a spare air step cart on another art to see how it works to answer tggt's question if this is actually a feature.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 4:06 pm

back in the day we used float dash airs and would alphastrike without moving burst and it would still complete the float dash
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster
Kuzuha

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 7:17 pm

I wasn't much a fan of using alpha arts/airs so I really have no idea about that Winty. >.<

By the way, here's the vid:

This works with other arts too. Tried it on my lvl 5 berz. If you want me to capture a vid of it, I can do so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asphe build (Kuzuha's)   Asphe build (Kuzuha's) Empty

Back to top Go down

Asphe build (Kuzuha's)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides :: Artillery Types-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com