Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Splatoon

Go down 
+6
TrieDaEsprit
Skulkraken
LazFlamme
Stickboy
AlkaidStar
Winty
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptySun May 31, 2015 7:29 pm

Figured I'd make a new topic for the big new Nintendo shooter that everyone is talking about, Splatoon.

Splatoon Splatoon

Splatoon is a unique new shooter where you play as these people called "Inklings," who have to paint more of the stage than their opposing team. Oh and they can also turn into Squids to quickly move through painted areas. You use a variety of weapons and the game focuses more on painting more of the stage than your enemy (and not so much on kills). It also now has Amiibos for it too.

Personally, I don't think it's that awesome, but a lot of other people I've met seem to like it. My main problem is that the weapons are way too unbalanced, like the Paint Roller instant-kills anything in its path and paints lots of ground, while the Splatter Shot takes a while to charge and doesn't paint that much, making it with a high risk-low reward. Also, the game modes aren't that enjoyable, and I've played many more entertaining shooters too.

What do you all think of Splatoon?
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptySun May 31, 2015 9:49 pm

never watched any gameplay footage aside from teasers. I'm buying a wiiu to play this game next week.
Back to top Go down
AlkaidStar
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
AlkaidStar

Male Posts : 657

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptySun May 31, 2015 10:18 pm

I remember that time about how hundreds of fedora tipping manchildren were camping outside of stores waiting for the Splatoon Amiibos (this behavior is kinda common in Japan though) to be sold and how a large shipment of them were stolen.

That aside, the Amiibos themselves have a decent amount of content, 20 challenge missions each, a bunch of gear and a mini-game if you complete all 60 of them.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.alkanidraw.blogspot.com
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 12:53 am

nerf guns
Back to top Go down
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant
LazFlamme

Female Posts : 3099

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 1:51 am

It's like a third-person Team Fortress 2, starring Ikamusume.

Oh, and hats.

I HAVE NEVER PLAYED THIS GAME BEFORE.
Back to top Go down
Skulkraken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skulkraken

Male Posts : 386

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 4:29 am

Cyberstep should license Nintendo's netcode for use in its games. Laughing

Do we have any squiddy smilies?
Back to top Go down

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 5:50 pm

LazFlamme wrote:
It's like a third-person Team Fortress 2, starring Ikamusume.

Oh, and hats.

I HAVE NEVER PLAYED THIS GAME BEFORE.

I don't really find it to be similar to TF2. Heck, I can't think of anything I'd really compare it to.
Back to top Go down
Skulkraken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skulkraken

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 8:28 pm

How about Super Mario Sunshine? From what I've read, they were actually considering making this a Mario game before settling on squids.
Back to top Go down

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 9:32 pm

I never played Super Mario Sunshine, and I doubt I will, since I dislike the Mario series.

The best thing I can compare it to is "De Blob," and even that's only a vague comparison.
Back to top Go down
AlkaidStar
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
AlkaidStar

Male Posts : 657

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 10:42 am

Skulkraken wrote:
How about Super Mario Sunshine?

This is the complete opposite, in Super Mario Sunshine, you clean shit up. Here in Splatoon, you mess shit up. (and you get to draw dicks on the wall for everyone to see.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.alkanidraw.blogspot.com
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

Male Posts : 2661

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 am

How to battle paintrollers : be a sniper
how to sneak unnoticed : practice with hidden Pokemon in ORAS
Back to top Go down

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 7:46 pm

TrieDaEsprit wrote:

That's not my only problem with the Paintroller. They also paint the ground so fast that it will take quite a lot of time to undo everything they've painted, and usually that's not time you have in a match.
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

Male Posts : 1504

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 5:43 am

Armored Entity wrote:
TrieDaEsprit wrote:

That's not my only problem with the Paintroller. They also paint the ground so fast that it will take quite a lot of time to undo everything they've painted, and usually that's not time you have in a match.

isn't the idea of it to be high risk high reward, anything could just shoot at you from a distance. Can't everyone just lob paint grenades?

I haven't played but I would like to.
Back to top Go down
Skulkraken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skulkraken

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 6:48 am

From what I've read, the rollers have trouble with obstacles like grates and with some steeper slopes. They also leave a tell-tale trail on the minimap. If you've got at least two Defense Up boosts, you can actually survive getting run over by a roller.

...I don't have a WiiU, and this game is seriously making me wish I could afford one right now.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sean

Male Posts : 966

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 10:18 am

This game is really fun. =)
Back to top Go down
http://xlythe.com
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 10:38 am

Sean wrote:

I see you've gone full fan boy for it already.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 6:56 pm

i'm a squid now
Back to top Go down
Skulkraken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skulkraken

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 9:01 pm

Splatoon Splatoon-squid-girl1

Look who's going to be joining the fray in August as free DLC.
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 10:16 am

Armored Entity wrote:
TrieDaEsprit wrote:

Bring your wall-specs, I'm about to put down a rant
Then I suggest you either take the risk of middle range to take them out quick and undo their work with their own blood ink that they explode into when killed defeated, I suggest launching to a nearby ally, shoot your feet, and escape as a squid if possible, if not make a quick path to a higher level and kill from there, just hope that your team have paintrollers too if there are too much ink or you would want to use a rapid-fire weapon with a technique I like to call "One chamber, endless pocket" by shooting and reloading before your ammo is empty as soon as possible, just squid-move-unsquid-shoot-squid-move-unsquid-shoot in that pattern, move in full tilt to maximize speed, if you see a white faint circle, look to the sky in the general direction of the enemy base and shoot. Take the middle ground, ignore the walls (but get the ceilings, as in anything flat on a top of a wall, or a billboard for that matter), ignore the enemy base, they can repaint that place anytime someone make a kill, and for that matter, forget killing and just paint, if you think a spot is good for an enemy roller to take and there's a wall nearby, get up to the wall, paint the whole thing, but stay at the wall, while making sure you won't get rolled from the floor, stay as an unmoving squid then when they come nearby, just come out, and shoot them while fleeing, this can also be used by a roller of your own if a teammate already painted a path, just get the jump on them and *splat*, in case you have trouble aiming with gyroscope, you can turn it off too, and as a note, think about this, rollers are a painters while shooters are hunters, Shaka almost took over Africa with focus on roles, it's not a free-to-play pay-to-win here, you have equal chance, unlike the game this forum is for
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 11:00 am

i don't have a problem with rollers themselves. I more hate supers like kraken and bubbler, things you just can't fight back against at all, when you see them you lose.
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 8:41 am

I got myself a wii U and splatoon the other day, pretty fun game. if you want to add me my NNID is matthew436
Back to top Go down

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 3:09 pm

TrieDaEsprit wrote:
Armored Entity wrote:

Bring your wall-specs, I'm about to put down a rant
Then I suggest you either take the risk of middle range to take them out quick and undo their work with their own blood ink that they explode into when killed defeated, I suggest launching to a nearby ally, shoot your feet, and escape as a squid if possible, if not make a quick path to a higher level and kill from there, just hope that your team have paintrollers too if there are too much ink or you would want to use a rapid-fire weapon with a technique I like to call "One chamber, endless pocket" by shooting and reloading before your ammo is empty as soon as possible, just squid-move-unsquid-shoot-squid-move-unsquid-shoot in that pattern, move in full tilt to maximize speed, if you see a white faint circle, look to the sky in the general direction of the enemy base and shoot. Take the middle ground, ignore the walls (but get the ceilings, as in anything flat on a top of a wall, or a billboard for that matter), ignore the enemy base, they can repaint that place anytime someone make a kill, and for that matter, forget killing and just paint, if you think a spot is good for an enemy roller to take and there's a wall nearby, get up to the wall, paint the whole thing, but stay at the wall, while making sure you won't get rolled from the floor, stay as an unmoving squid then when they come nearby, just come out, and shoot them while fleeing, this can also be used by a roller of your own if a teammate already painted a path, just get the jump on them and *splat*, in case you have trouble aiming with gyroscope, you can turn it off too, and as a note, think about this, rollers are a painters while shooters are hunters, Shaka almost took over Africa with focus on roles, it's not a free-to-play pay-to-win here, you have equal chance, unlike the game this forum is for

Lately, I've been trying that, and it seems to be working. I'm starting to get more enjoyment from this game now.
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 4:53 pm

IronDicks wrote:
Sean wrote:

I see you've gone full fan boy for it already.
He'll find something else like usual.

Paintbrush is the only way to play this game.
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 10:08 pm

That_Wiesel_Guy wrote:

Paintbrush is the only way to play this game.

Unless if everyone in your team plays roller and keeps getting shot down by some people on high ground that can only be "swam" into while the rest of their team paints around
Back to top Go down

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 1:07 pm

You guys might wanna see this cool thing I found.

A Splatoon TF2 Mod! It's still in it's beta stages, but most of it is very true to the original.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Splatoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon   Splatoon Empty

Back to top Go down

Splatoon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: Gaming Hotspot!-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com